Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by gnissim23 Btw your hubby got chk together also? I pulled my hubby along to do the SA ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    Btw your hubby got chk together also? I pulled my hubby along to do the SA test. N then give traditional chinese medicine to tiao his body too.
    my hubby also.
    need to "pull" one.
    and he give me L-L face
    @%@#%%%$%

Worthy Lady
    Im bringing him to the gynae check. I suspect is his problem. Wahahaha

My BFF had 2 rounds of IVF and they were unsuccessful. Prior to that, of course there were tests/scans done and it was found out she had a little cyst and a blocked tube. Choice was for her to decide to have the cyst removed and tube cleared, or go ahead with IVF. Those issues might or might not affect the IVF result. She decided to go ahead with IVF. Since it has been unsuccessful, she now decided to go ahead with the surgery, to correct the underlying issues. Her hubby's sperms are ok.

I personally think she should have gone ahead with the surgery first, before the IVF. But she was ganjeong to be preggie. Now I find it was time wasted back then. She will try natural for a bit after the surgery, before the situation calls for IVF again.

Good to do a thorough scan before jumping into IVF.

Got a aquaintance that had a huge cyst removed and she managed to conceive naturally after that. Healthy 4 month old baby.

Sometimes it could be psychological too. If physically, you r alright probably you r stressing yourself too much. Try yoga?

Gabrielle86
    so you studied the series of checkups for women that leads to ivf?
    and you might wish to look out for recommended gynaes.
    i have encountered some gynae are really 粗鲁 (rough)

Imperial Concubine

Quincy: I think not everybody suits 8zhen. Cox im the one who cant drink 8zhen soup as instructed by my traditional chinese medicine. :/

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    Quincy: I think not everybody suits 8zhen. Cox im the one who cant drink 8zhen soup as instructed by my traditional chinese medicine. :/
    oh...icic.
    my friend had bad cramps and she took 8zhen and got better.
    so i thought you can too. sorry about it hehe.

Imperial Concubine

Gabrielle.. ya like what dragontail mentioned then I remember.. doc will do pap smear test for clymedia. If ok then will do hsg test to chk for block tubes. If everything ok will do blood test to count your hormones. To see if your hormones is enough. All this test cpst me roughly 200-300$ (mine is subsidize at nuh) private guess will cost more.

Imperial Concubine

Quincy: Haha its ok! No worries.. just want to share so that all ladies can take note of what my traditional chinese medicine tells me.. My mother in law also asked me to take 8zhen. I also didnt know until I ask my traditional chinese medicine. Cox I think k it depends on individual hormones. Just mine not suitable. Hee.
    Last edited by gnissim23; 03-04-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Imperial Concubine

So best to do chk, consult doc to chk what herbs r good n suits you! (I regretted not asking early, my traditional chinese medicine no auto tell me also). Drink dang gui before ovulation. No dang gui after ovulation. (Last time I dont know I happily take as n when).
    quincy1986 likes this.

Worthy Lady

I've got appt to Kandang Kerbau Hospital as sub class... I want to go as paying class.. so at least I see the consultants instead of changing doc everytime. but since its those scans and all , I guess probly i'll just stick to subsidize...

Gabrielle, hang on maybe 14DPO is still early. As long as your AF still have not't show face, you can still test about few days after thats. Personally, I feel that IVF is so costly, it can actually add on extra stress to the couples. When decided to start the IVF route, its not like immdiately, you will be ask to do straight away. Firstly, both husband and wife will be ask to do s series of blood test. Then you will start taking leaves from work and sometimes some KPO colleagues will starting asking what you are doing.

Then at home, you need to do self-injection thing daily. Sometimes, you may or may not vomit depending how you react to the injection. After the process, you will need to have a lot of bed rest and best is to take a long leaves from work again. ( this is provided that the boss is vey considerate). Because when doing IVF, pre and post is very import. Pre is to have a relax mind and body and Post is to have alot of rest.

If the process is a success, of course very happy. But if unsuccessful, not only the stress is build up, still have to face those kpo colleagues asking you what is the result etc.
    dont't be mistaken as I am not discouraging you I am just stating the facts and let you know and at least can meaure the pros and cons. Because, I can understand your "want means want" mind as me also the same last time. Last year I had only try 2x IUIs but also failed. IUIs stress is also not lesst than IVF even though doctor say only increase the chance by 6%.

Worthy Lady
    @rav3naers, I wish you a very healthy and happy 9 months pregnancy

Hi all... I'm joining you ladies back. But, not as pregger my fetus passed on yesterday, been crying a lot for the past 2 days. It's hard not to cry coz we've been trying for almost 2 years after 1st mc. Sorry for the long posting.

I started spotting on sunday, hoped for the best it was old blood, I even went to see gynae(in jb) to confirm the caused, was on progesterone to support the pregnancy since few weeks ago. The gynae did a scan, fetus showed 1.5cm, was told I'm about 6 weeks into pregnancy and said spotting is normal. In my heart, I had a bad feeling coz I did a scan 2 weeks back, fetus was 5wk2d already at 0.61cm, meaning my fetus should age 7-8weeks by now. Sadly, I started to spot more on monday with bits & pieces of brownish thingy, slowly I see red. Talked to my gynae(in sg), she told me fetus is not growing accordingly and I'm in the process of mc.

I tried not to walk and rest on my bed a lot thinking maybe the gynae was wrong, but I was wrong... Yesterday was the worst day of my life, fetus decided to come out when I was in the bathroom. My sg gynae(I'm gonna stick to her since most gynae sucks in jb) did an ultrasound and say I have little clots left in my uterus to clear and was given antibiotic. Follow-up appt will be next week to make sure, no more clots left and dont't require D&C.

Perhaps I shouldn't have told my family members during 1st trimester and silly me still continue with cardio routine. Well, at least I'm confident to say, I will once again graduate from here with healthy pregnancy really soon and of course will stay out from all strenuous activities ! Geez... I felt so relieved now

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    *Hugs* AudienceMama...I feel sad when I read your post. Pls take good care of yourself now and have lots of rest. Take your mind off things for a while..

Worthy Lady
    Take care audience mama *big hugs*

Imperial Concubine

Audience Mama
    I am very sorry to hear this and wish you recovery both physically and mentally and a fighting spirit with us to all graduate One day from trying to concieve.

AudienceMama, first thing first, tell yourself it's ok to mourn for now. Dont think of anything else. Just do as what the gynae says and then rest your body. If you think you can, do a mini confinement for 2 weeks. Or at least take some time off from working. Keep your self warm, away from chills. Eat food with lotsa ginger. Do herbal bath if you can. I know these sound like a lot... but do know that your body now is at its weakest and this is the only time your weak body will absorb every nutrients and then come out even stronger once you've healed.

To me, I believe the fetus didnt stick because it wasnt healthy enough. Not because you did cardio, or something you did or didnt do. Life has its way to eliminate what's not viable.... Trust that that is so and life will give you back what is right in due time! Now, dont bother about what should or shouldnt have been said or done. Most importantly get healthy again then stand up on your feet and start again. Remind yourself you'll be ok!

I've had 2 MCs and the 2nd one was similar to your experience. Let's try again

Imperial Concubine

Girls, I would like to share some superfood ideas from a trying to concieve email subscription I have. (free one)
    It is hard to find Kale in Singapore (only recently have baby kale) so I use that in green smoothies as well powder kale.

I will up my dinner preparation for my husband for Oily Fish and maybe avocado smoothie since he dont like the avocado on its own.

Kale: A powerful antioxidants, packed with
    vitamins and nutrients including vitamin A,
    folic acid and calcium. Enhances the immune
    system, repairs and protects cells. Especially
    helpful for those with PCOS or endometriosis.

Raspberries and Blueberries: loaded with
    antioxidants that protect the body from cell
    damage and aging which also include your egg cells.

Oily Fish: Rich in omega-3 and omega-6, the oil
    of shellfish, salmon, mackerel, and sardines has
    an excellent effect on sperm count.

Avocado: An unsaturated fat which is a great
    source of vitamin E, and a powerful antioxidant.
    It improves the viability of sperm and aids in
    healthy hormone functioning.

AudienceMama
    hugs to you too.
    good news is you know what? you were almost there!!
    now concentrate on resting. this is an order
    ebichan likes this.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Audiencemama: take Good care and try again!

Worthy Lady
    TVH, Gabrielle86, ebichan, Dragontail, quincy1986, littlehamster... thank you ladies for your concerns, big hugs~~~

Yes, I'm gonna do 2 weeks of confinement. Started last night. Keeping myself warm with red dates+longan drink, lotsa ginger in my food, using socks and cover well when I rest.

I'm gonna continue to try after 1 cycle to period. At the meantime, I'll let my physical and emotional heal. BFP WILL COME TO US REAL SOON.

Hi AudienceMama, be strong n we will all try harder together, and yes.... a BFP shall come real soon.....

audiencemama, I have broad shoulders, can lend to you. I am really sad to hear that. Hope you are better now and start your mini confinement to build up your body again. Am sure very soon you will be blessed with a healthy pregnancy. HUGS

something to distract you AudienceMama.
    are your boobies still bigger than before?

Worthy Lady
    Thanks you Missy10, prayinghard... hugs to both you~

I'm better today, didn't tear much unlike the last 2 days. The public must be wondering why my eyes and nose are so red & swollen. No doubt hubby was sad till he have no words to speak, but he still cuddle and comfort me in a silent way.

I'm going to eat and rest well before my period start so that I can enjoy the process of love making again.