Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hormonal Profiles are blood test. I did once long ago. It has to be done during the 2nd/3rd day of ...

Worthy Lady
    Hormonal Profiles are blood test. I did once long ago. It has to be done during the 2nd/3rd day of menses. If your blood tested you have hormone imbalances, gynae should be able to supplement you with hormonal drugs.

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

thanks ladies! I am checking my progestrone levels again on my CD21, its blood test. Hope this time round, my levels will be normal. my OPK tested +ve ytd and we did the BD. haha ytd was my CD14. Hope and pray for the best, I wanna do the DB again tml, but my husband say he have IPPT, cannot drain him too much. wahaha

Imperial Concubine

wow somany pages to catch up!
    *hugs* dragontail - try again! and wow you are really artistic!so nice! can draw and sell the paintings!

*hugs* audiencemama - take more tonics and rest well this month before trying again.

Gabrielle - if you are okay to go with IUI/IVF- recommend you to try when young. Easier to get successful. I did not regret doing IUI as I got successful 1st time. But now after 30yr old...i tried for 2nd one with IUI - failed coz the eggs didnt grow well and finally when eggs grow, not successful coz maybe hubby soldier too little. So age does make a diff to me.

welcome sunnydale- all the best! try again tonight!

errm all the talks about boobs- you all sounds very slim ! Want bigger one, eat more.hahahaha...i'm on the plump side and thus boops also plump.hahaha.

Worthy Lady

Hi poohy - I dont't think we will try tonight, my husband no energy haha.

Worthy Lady
    Hi sunnydale. Welcome !!!
    May I ask which doctor you seeing?

Imperial Concubine

@audience mama: sorry to hear your lost.. hope you get a bfp and deliver a healthy baby soon!

oh my so much to catch up on.

AudienceMama, take care k ?? I feel so sad after reading stories like this and just wish your body gears up again quickly for a sticky beanie.

I also read about the cd21 or 7dpo progesterone testing. if I'm not preggie this month I'm taking appointment at the docs to check my prog levels. Actually I started taking maca this cycle and my temps are higher and more stable. but I still dont't know if its enough or not.
    Not enough progesterone wont allow successful implantation and sustainable pregnancy

Dragontail, do you mind sharing your charts ?

Imperial Concubine

yes.. hormones test are just drawing blood.. think on 2nd or 3rd day of cycle, and depending on your menses cycle, for example if you are a 29 they may ask you go back for another test on about day 10 or smth (near ovulation time). this is what I remember cox I done mine for more than a year.. (but I feel western doctor - at least for the one I see at nuh) they are like dont really care . just say oh your results ok, passable, if one more yr dont have then come back. faint! and I use the same report to go my traditional chinese medicine and my traditional chinese medicine said my hormones is bad. therefore, I would suggest to go for test (subsidies so cheaper), take the results back, consult traditional chinese medicine and Gynae. :/

Hi! Now I remember.. No wonder my gynae said to visit him during first 3 days of my menses (if not successful) cuz he said he wanted to analyze the flow and then he also said can do other tests. So maybe that is to measure the hormones?

Dragontail- I think you should do a check with your gynae as such? I mean again, do a check up to see everything is good. Best not to self medicate I feel. Especially when it's to do with hormones, I feel best to leave to the experts. You wouldn't know if you're doing more harm than good.

Hi sunnydale! *waves*

Happysoul - happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday to yoooooouuuuuu!!!

How was the doc's visit?

Tvh - how was Oscar scan? All went well?

littlej, I also think so. Dont anyhow self medicate I always feel.

Tricky, ok I post later tonight

Imperial Concubine

yes yes.. dont self medicate.. cox i was told other than no 8zhen soup, i was told that I cant consume royal jelly as well. so best to have the test done to see what vitamins suits your body.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    I think My hub always manhandles them! Act like want hug me but always touch them first! <(`^)> sometimes I just piak his hands away. I tell him since he like them so much ask him grow himself haha

My hubby will kiss goodbye every morning at the door with his hands on my boobs.... he will tickle the nipple every morning without fail... and i will always ask him to stop it and he will always reply " like that you will then miss me for the day"

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My Oscar scan was ok but baby not very cooperative...the sonographer had to scan all angles to get the neck measurement. All readings came back normal

Happysoul!!! Wish you a blessed birthday! Hows your gynae visit?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydale307:775155
    Hi Ladies, can i join you all? I am also trying to concieve, :P saw a gynae last week. Have my progestrone level checked and its was low. He said i am not ovulating even though I have AF every month. He put me on clomid for this cycle. feeling kinda sad, coz i am 27 and always thought i could get pregnant easily...
    Hi sunnydale welcome. Let loose your inhabitions here.

Quote Originally Posted by TVH:775208
    My Oscar scan was ok but baby not very cooperative...the sonographer had to scan all angles to get the neck measurement. All readings came back normal
    Thats awesome news happy for you.

I have a question - would be nice to get your feedback?

I called up the clinic Natalie recommended SSR - so yes they are able to do a detailed genetic scan which involves the heart, brain, facial features. And apparently it is very detailed and can tell if there is any anomaly. My colleague used this service as her Oscar results weren't good. The lady on the phone said I could do it if I want to.

http://www.ssr.com.sg/education.htm#2

I am wondering if I should go for this scan. Just to get peace of mind that all is ok. It costs sgd300. My hubby thinks I am crazy.

Would you do if you were me?

Imperial Concubine
    Littlej...go if your oscar no good to get ease of mind. But if its okay then no need go bah...but if you still worried...go.
    Its better to get peace of mind throughout pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10 View Post
    My hubby will kiss goodbye every morning at the door with his hands on my boobs.... he will tickle the nipple every morning without fail... and i will always ask him to stop it and he will always reply " like that you will then miss me for the day"
    lol !!!

congrats TVH on the good news!
    oops happysoul birthday? sorry happy birthday
    sorry littlej if i miss out. your oscar results already out?

i just flirted with husband and kena rejected!
    kns~!
    btw i feel a little bad to all the mamas here because i keep talking about horny topics. :X

Hi. My Oscar results came back low risk 1:2000. But well, I am afraid of false negatives. And it is still 1 out of 2000

Ok now I am worrying I know.... So that's why I am wondering if I should go for the genetic scan....

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Thanks everyone

Littlej, if your oscar results are good, there's no need for this scan. Obviously, there are a whole lot more scans that are "good to have", you can never complete all the scans. As long as the "must have" scan results are good, you should put your mind at ease. Exposing your little one to too much unnecessary radiation, no matter how tiny the radiation amount is, is not going to be good for your bean. You have an FA scan coming up too right? I think the standard scans that we need to do are sufficient. No point going overboard with scans too...

Furthermore, I believe if your gynae thinks you have no problem, he/she wouldn't recommend you to go for extra scans too..
    quincy1986 likes this.

littlej
    i agree with TVH.
    i also studied before in school.
    although sometimes we need to take scans but the radiation on us is actually not good.

btw congrats to you littlej for the good news