Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Happysoul - I went for one class and boy it felt good! I felt my muscles were getting a good ...

Happysoul - I went for one class and boy it felt good! I felt my muscles were getting a good stretch and I slept like a baby that night - 12 hours, 95% sleep efficiency (according to sleep time app).

This Pilates is done on the reformer machine though which I heard it is better for pregnant women. So it is different from what I did before which is matwork Pilates. In a way, with all the bands etc, it felt like muscle toning + flexibility too.

I am doing pre natal Pilates at novena. Erm hahah there are a few i know in CBd but I just dread the thought of going to CBd during weekend....

Littlej - sounds exciting, if all goes well with my stamina in second trimester I am looking forward to go to Pilates and yoga sessions..

I used to go to matwork Pilates, I Thot this would be similar too..the machine one sounds interesting..

Can you pm me or share here the details regarding the place and fees?

Littlej, yes I did the bw in timing of bds But told my man can see can touch but no oral since trying to concieve better not to have oral!

All these uti talk....yes agree best to just use plain old water to wash. I never had uti (touch wood) but since years ago, I have already stopped using feminine wash on daily basis. I mean i do miss the super squeaky clean feeling but somehow that feeling is something which our glorious vagina doesn't need. Occasionally I will still use the feminine wash like once a week the most or right after af. It's lucky that me and hubby dont have any issue with not washing after bd all these years. But I will really start on cranberry juice on regular basis! For preventive measure. Does the juice work on men too?

I know it can be disheartening when most of us have been ttcing for so long already. I still think back once a while that my first baby would have been already popped in January if nothing had gone wrong....I felt like giving up at times too (like after the last bfn cycle!). But instead of throwing in the towel, I told myself there are really more to trying to concieve. I start to get more involved with other things around me. Like picking up my hobby again which I have left in the shelf for awhile....calling my mom and chat with her and take her out for a meal.... or just do online shopping and repack/revamp my wardrobe etc! I feel the less focused I am on trying to concieve, the happier I am. Of course I still do all things needed to be on trying to concieve track, but I know keep thinking of it, or being too wary of disappointment just wont grant me a bfp. Do what I should do and I know I can leave the rest to god's will. Of course, talking with you ladies here keep my sanity in check

Keep the faith, ladies.

@dragontail - your words are very inspiring!! Feel so positive that we have to move on with the small negative steps in life coz they are the way to the big positive things in life..
    Wishing you and all ladies here all the positiveness and BFPs soon..

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

littlej: hehe not uti, but yeast infection - bad enough though cos also no sex for about a month until I totally clear up :x I kept getting this yeast infection almost on a monthly basis since last year June, then finally this year Jan it cleared up... hoping it doesn't come back! It's kinda discouraging too when doc tell us to not have sex but no choice, she said it's pretty harmless (though irritating) but can be like pendulum, ding-dong between my hubby and me so best is to not bd until totally clear up. I'd imagine uti is worse

On a happier note, AF is not spotted today -- not that it should be showing face this early, going by tradition it should be here at around 3pm tomorrow Having lots of whitish-cream coloured discharge, not sure if this is sign of AF approaching... (must note down)

Worthy Lady

Dragontail: I love how positive you are! Please keep this spirits up, and I'm sure you'll have a healthy, happy, very sticky beanie soon enough! We must keep trying Though I've only just came on the forum a couple days ago, and only been actively trying to concieve-ing for two months (the frustration level is still low but impatience is high cos I'm a gan jiong gal lol), but reading a few of your old posts give me lots of positive energy too I've decided to doll myself up and get pass tomorrow happily while awaiting for AF's grand arrival -- I figured, rather be pretty and bleeding, than to be run-down and bleeding... :x

PS I miss the squeaky clean feeling using femnine wash too , in the past so many years using also no problem, then suddenly want to start bd with hubby for trying to concieve purposes, infection strikes ... :x Now I use plain water to wash only and no pantyliners until the day I know AF is coming.

Hi dragontail- awe-inspiring! Ok slowly slowly can hear the old dragontail is back... Not the weird dragontail who made a short appearance last week keep the faith *hugs* and I will continue praying for everyone here plus myself too, hopefully that may help.

Hi Quinn - ahh sorry. Ok I guess still same logic bah. Best to get it checked. I had yeast infection before. Meds didnt work as it somehow kept coming back and i super pai seh when there was this time my dear said i smell fishy there when he went down. so following my gynae's advice, i totally changed my diet for four weeks. no sweet and fatty and fried and junk food stuff, only had steamed fish, yong tau foo (soup), veggie, fish beehoon. Drank lots of water, no lacy thong, cotton panties all the way, and no leggings or tight bottoms (also cannot wear anything tight since wearing cotton panties !). I also drank cranberry juice cuz my rationale was since cranberry juice prevents uti, it should prevent yeast! Me and dear didnt make out for 2 months. Then after 2 months, All clear from gynae, i went for a nice bw and seduced the man and boy oh boy, it felt good. After that I was all clear!! I guess it is a case of one time suffer a lot for a lifetime of freedom. Hope this may help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Littlej, yes I did the bw in timing of bds But told my man can see can touch but no oral since trying to concieve better not to have oral!

All these uti talk....yes agree best to just use plain old water to wash. I never had uti (touch wood) but since years ago, I have already stopped using feminine wash on daily basis. I mean i do miss the super squeaky clean feeling but somehow that feeling is something which our glorious vagina doesn't need. Occasionally I will still use the feminine wash like once a week the most or right after af. It's lucky that me and hubby dont have any issue with not washing after bd all these years. But I will really start on cranberry juice on regular basis! For preventive measure. Does the juice work on men too?

I know it can be disheartening when most of us have been ttcing for so long already. I still think back once a while that my first baby would have been already popped in January if nothing had gone wrong....I felt like giving up at times too (like after the last bfn cycle!). But instead of throwing in the towel, I told myself there are really more to trying to concieve. I start to get more involved with other things around me. Like picking up my hobby again which I have left in the shelf for awhile....calling my mom and chat with her and take her out for a meal.... or just do online shopping and repack/revamp my wardrobe etc! I feel the less focused I am on trying to concieve, the happier I am. Of course I still do all things needed to be on trying to concieve track, but I know keep thinking of it, or being too wary of disappointment just wont grant me a bfp. Do what I should do and I know I can leave the rest to god's will. Of course, talking with you ladies here keep my sanity in check

Keep the faith, ladies.
    men do get uti too, like if they hold urine too long
    Cranberry juice is to prevent uti, so does barley drink
    IF they cant stand the taste of cranberry juice, cook some barley for them

Most importantly, drink tons of plain water, i always force my hubby to drink, till my mother in law cannot tahan but also have to tahan

Worthy Lady

i agree with Dragontail.
    Talking with you girls definitely kept my sanity (and my husband's) in check too!

Sometimes it can be so so hard to openly talk about this with the others. especially those who gets pregnant so easily, cos they dont't really know how we feel and what we yearn for. Like my old boss who kept asking me when am i gonna get pregnant and all.. and i remembered one time when one of my colleague asked her how did she get pregnant with her 2nd one she replied "easy one .. you have sex then get pregnant "

i swear like i wanna stab her forehead.

There were times i wanna give up too and tried to console myself and say that if i dont't have kids, its ok... i can use the money to go travelling instead. Go backpack around Europe with my hubby, do impulsive things... But sometimes, i know i'm in denial and deep inside, all i want is to have someone call me mummy, look for me the moment they wake up from their sleep, cry to me when they fall and smile widely at me when i bring them to the playground.

so no time to feel dejected girls! we must perservere and make sure we get a bfp and graduate soon!!

Happysoul - ya machines Pilates is a bit different. The breathing technique is the same. But machines involves bands and resistance and also there was this circular thingy too. It is kinda like resistance band training I did before in the gym! Hahaha. So yeah will also perspire a bit. But that's only one class, lemme share more when I go for my second.

I took up this newcomer package. $500 for 3 x 1:1 classes and 3 x 60min group classes (only 4 per group). Following that, I think it costs about $450 for 10 group classes. I thought the 1:1 is necessary cuz my first time doing machines and I just wanted to make sure I am doing it right so that I am not harming my body in any way (also my friends who did pre natal Pilates also said this was necessary. There are also some studios who make it compulsory for 1:1 class).

Ya I know not cheap. Then I realized as long as it has the word "prenatal" = expensive! But then I figured i save on transport (since novena is nearer to where i stay and parking cheaper than cbd!) plus small group class. There were no pre natal Pilates around my neighborhood (I stay at Amk area).

I also thought that cannot stinge on health. I need to make sure my body is in optimal form for a safe pregnancy. And as far as possible, I dont't wanna become an obasan during this 9 months too and after popping. erm as in I think no matter what, and of course as far as possible, a woman still needs to maintain a level of attractiveness for her husband. Ok yes I know inner beauty matters most but still men are visual creatures. i mean, I think I will freak out if my husband doesn't take care of his appearance and suddenly becomes Jabba the Hutt. Sorry if I sound like a bimbo here but well, this is my personal opinion.

Worthy Lady

littlej: no worries I agree that somehow meds dont't work and it kept coming back. From last year June got it the first time, doc prescribed pessaries and cream (the first two or three times didn't do cleaning internally cos I didn't have penetrative sex yet, so doc didn't wanna do it for me), if memory didn't fail me I got it continuously in July, Aug, skip Oct (I think) then Nov, and Dec... it just won't go away. I got so fed-up that the last treatment of antibiotics I didn't bother to complete (being bad, I know), but read online that to treat yeast infections it's recommended to cut back on sugars and yeast, and naturally I tried that while drinking lots of water. Oh, also no lacy undies and stockings. It somehow went away in Jan so I suppose that all helped, and so far so good... *crosses fingers* My hubby made the same comment too, that I smelt fishy!! OMG I was so embarrassed! I was at the point of considering to see a gynae for yeast infections until it cleared up, should I still go check this up though? I've not been to a gynae before. Wrt the bw, can you PM me the place you go to, and the price? I so wanna try and surprise the hubby!

Hahaha pinklolita - you very funny . Why stab forehead not eh her nose?

Hi Quinn. My personal opinion is that we should do a gynae check before trying to concieve. Erm just to be in the all clear that everything is in good order. I mentioned before in this forum I had a polyp at cervix which went unknown until I went for my check. And so I removed the polyp cuz this little growth was obstructing the armies to enter! So it was kinda like wasted 2 months of live firing...

Wa. My bw was done at strip. It was a few years ago so I think pricing is now revised. Hee hee I no longer go for bw cuz I went for ipl liaoz

Worthy Lady

pinklolitapop: actually , some people can be unconsciously insensitive... Try not to take it too personally And, as for some ladies who seem to be knocked up as easily as the wind blows, sometimes it's just unfair , no choice. But sometimes, take it with a pinch of salt too... Cos I personally know someone who has been secretly seeing a gynae for fertility issues for some time, and yet when she finally get pregnant told everyone else that it's an accident... So, yep same logic as in schools when the superb students keep saying never study, in fact mugging like mad at home :x

littlej: Agree!! Women must maintain a level of attractiveness , be it at home (ermm, in bed) or at work (makes a difference somehow). And I think health = attractive, so most important is still be healthy and happy

Worthy Lady

littlei: We're talking pre-conception tests right? I've been thinking to go, then hubby says I very kua-zhang, like not even try 2 months then want to see gynae lol Sometimes feel like I'm the only gan jiong one cos he's not that fond of kids (but dont't mind also ). Where did you do the gynae check, if you dont't mind me asking? haha I think if it's IPL the hubby would be super keen to send me , but gynae checks, not so much... Men! :P

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hahaha pinklolita - you very funny . Why stab forehead not eh her nose?
    Because she has a huge forehead. Hee

Worthy Lady
    Qinn - i try to but my old boss can be too brutally honest sometimes. I wish she just drop the subject or at least ask me personally and not in front of my colleagues.

I love this thread and I love you ladies!!

Ya, I think men dont really like cranberry juice in general. My M-I-L does make barley water once a week or every fortnight at least. But I will go grab cranberry juice for myself tomorrow (less sugar!).

Eh... now I think back I did have yeast infection before. I was probably in early 20s. I was on long term antibiotics for skin breakouts. Such antibiotics are infamous for causing yeast infection. I was one of the unlucky ones. I also transmitted it to my boyfriend then. Damn itchy my god. Felt horrible back then. Geez... I seriously cannot remember what I did to totally cure it.

Hehe... I think I know where pinklolita is coming from.... stab forehead is best because stab there the opponent will be up the lorry already. Hit the spot. :P

qinnne, oh that reminds me of few classmates at school back then! Such people do exist everywhere. And there was this classmate whom I was pretty close with but she never never shared with me her exam results. Till now, I still dont understand why. I can't seriously be doing her any harm knowing her scores!

littlej, I second that too on having some attractive factors for our men. As most of you know, I'm much older than my husband and the more I feel I need to upkeep my appearance (it also helps that my hubby is a very lazy person. I always tell him he's becoming more and more uncle every day). So far, I think we dont look too far apart in terms of age. But you know how fast women age... in another 5-6 years, maybe I will start to age even faster while he might look to be at his prime. Aiya when it happens then say I guess! Life's too short to worry.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    Qinn - i try to but my old boss can be too brutally honest sometimes. I wish she just drop the subject or at least ask me personally and not in front of my colleagues.
    I agree, even though they can be well-meaning but the way they go about their good intentions can be ouch... *hugs* As for your company's bowling event, I'm still thinking about the excuses you should give! (The first thing I thought of was to take a 3D2N short vacation and use that as an excuse to miss the event altogether lol)

Oh ya, missed out your question, pinklolita! Maybe you can fake a hurt-wrist or something? Hehe I know teachers teach us not to lie. But you know we need little mini white lies sometimes in this real world.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 10-04-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail: Yar ! Never understood what's with these people and results (or trying to concieve results). We should be proud of our efforts! (no need to hide this hide that) I'm also older than my hubby! Can understand where you're coming from, especially since my hubby is the type that looks young! (still got cabbie uncles thought he's in uni ... Few years ago it was thought he's still in poly, now got upgrade a bit lol he like didn't age much since I know him 8 years ago...) I dont't think I look older than my age, but I look my age , means I look older than him!

Qinn, how old apart are you and your husband?

pinklotitapop, take MC on that event hehehe

Imperial Concubine

Wow so much to read.. me too just done my BW today. Hehe. Cd 6 already.. always feel that frm af to pvulation time past so fast
    But 2ww is a killer like 2 yrs. -.-

Imperial Concubine

Seems like alot of big age gap here also.. my and my hubby age gap also very big.. hehe. But he is older..

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: jiayou to you also... if my prev preg was ok guess should be popping out at june (2mths) later.. now already 3rd cycle after MC . Hai. thought they always say easier to get preg after mc like not so true (probably not in the lucky once that have again without mensus coming).. yeah I also keep telling myself that I now stoll freedom can go overseas myself. Haha. My mother in law went to ask the "dang kee" (god) about me n hubby having kid. But didnt tell us when ha..