Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; can i ask how do you girls do the Longan Red Date drink? What do you tell the sinseh? I ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

can i ask how do you girls do the Longan Red Date drink?
    What do you tell the sinseh? I scared later got communication breakdown.

How do we prepare it? i'm not chinese so i dont't really know how to do all this..
    since next friday is my last day, i figured i will have more time to do all this..

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    missy10, what did she mean by outside beautiful inside not beautiful ? dont't worry too much. Since trying to concieve I learnt to trust and feel my body. If you have faith and be positive whatever little thing that is stopping you from conceiving will disappear.
    Look healthy outside, but inner body very weak, which i dont realise, bcos i dont have mense cramp (touch wood)

so no more cold drinks, no liang teh, no more spicy food (my life!) for now....
    As you all have been saying bah zhen soup once a week, longan red dates everyday then...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    can i ask how do you girls do the Longan Red Date drink?
    What do you tell the sinseh? I scared later got communication breakdown.

How do we prepare it? i'm not chinese so i dont't really know how to do all this..
    since next friday is my last day, i figured i will have more time to do all this..
    your sinseh speaks english right?
    if she does then no worries you can ask her directly how do we boil Longan red dates

Pinklolita, have you seen a sinseh already? Personally having LRD everyday is not for everyone. Some ladies are heaty base in traditional chinese medicine term. Having LRD regularly may cause one to fall ill. But for some, LRD is the right remedy for their cold base. So it's good to let sinseh advice....I presume you havent seen one or already have?

For me, LRD is too much. I never really get cold hands and feet, unless it was during my MC confinement.

Worthy Lady

i dont't know if she speaks english ley.
    cos i have one traditional chinese medicine Shop near my place. Never been there before..
    So i thought i will go there and buy and boil myself at home

Worthy Lady

dragontail - I have seen Dr Su before and she did mention that i have a cold body and told me to refrain from drinking iced water.
    in fact my hubby always say my palms are always cold and i get cold very very easily as opposed to him.
    he has a warm body and gets all sweaty very easily.

Worthy Lady
    Wah! CBD Watson's trying to ka us is it! If I see more preseed at $36 I must buy a few more boxes

Pinklolitapop: I've not been taking logan red dates but that's how I cook it - you buy dried logan & red dates from traditional chinese medicine shops, throw into slow cooker & boil. dont't know if ladies here add rock sugar/brown sugar(the type used in Ginger tea ) but I think a bit won't hurt so that it tastes nicer ask your traditional chinese medicine about it & I believe ladies can clarify about details ie red dates dont't remove seeds (unlike in soups, sometimes seeds are removed if it's going to be too heaty for the persons taking the soup but I think we're looking for as much heat as possible lol)

Worthy Lady

thanks ginnn!
    that seems pretty fool-proof!
    i dont't have slow cooker though. If i boil over low heat should be okie right

Worthy Lady
    pinklolitapop, it's best if you can clarify with your sinseh. I agreed with qinnnsenne, you can get those ingredients from chinese medicine hall. Me too using slow cooker to boil about 2 liters of longan red dates tea for 3hours everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    thanks ginnn!
    that seems pretty fool-proof!
    i dont't have slow cooker though. If i boil over low heat should be okie right
    pink - it's ok if you dont have slow cooker, but do remember to cut open the red dates( just a small cut will do, dont cut half)
    put into boiling water, until you see change of colour put in rock sugar to taste, then it's done
    Dr Su just told me to put in slices of old ginger,

dragon - I also thought I'm warm base as I'm not afraid of cold nor cold hand/feet, but she say my inner body is very weak and it doesn't show and that explains my cramp and backache

Pinklolita, then maybe LRD is for you! Maybe try to drink alternate days first. If you think your body can take it then can make everyday.

There is an easier (lazy ) way to making it. Get a big thermal flask and throw all ingredients in. Pour in full of boiling water. After 4hours, you can drink!

Missy10, I see. I do get cramps but very light. I dont get backaches from af either. I did ask my sinseh if I need LRD, she said no no no.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    i just checked in CBD area Watsons - 46.
    Watsons missed the bid this time round
    wow price increased so much?!?!? I rem last year i bought it at $35 !!!!

Worthy Lady

i did it the lazy way haha.. cut red dates, then put red dates, logan and gou qi into thermal flask. 4 hours later then drink.
    I think i will start to drink daily instead of alt days... coz my hand n feet still cold .. never see sinseh but i believe i am cold based haha

eh! sorry! you guys are talking about price of preseed?
    sorry i was looking at CW just now. ignore my price then.
    :X

Worthy Lady
    Pinklolitapop: boil over low heat should be OK, like Dragontail said, use thermal flask also can lol! My mom will pour boiling water over red dates or wolfberries & drink after letting it soak for a while, so I guess it's all fine. My body is warm-based, so LRD I can't take everyday, thinking to try 3x a week

Hi. On lrd tea - Agree with dragontail here - it is not for everyone. For me, I had it daily for a week. When I saw dr wu she said I am too hot and going to fall sick. But I love Lrd! I dont't have a slow cooker too. I just throw everything into the pot and boil for an hour.

Hi missy10. Take heart. you didnt test with fmu right? Try tomorrow?

Hi tvh and faithmummy - thanks for sharing your medication with me. I realized both your gynaes didn't prescribe calcium so maybe this gynae was right. Too much calcium is no good.

Tvh - me used preseed to make out too! I have been a bit drier too! My dear is like "so long never see make out so virgin scared ?"....

Hahahah - so now it is proven that unity can be cheaper

Worthy Lady

thanks ladies! You guys have been a great help!
    i might go see Dr Su again for another opinion and see what she says..

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

LRD is very very heaty...even though Dr Su said my body is too liang, i find that LRD is still too strong for me...I can only drink once a week....can't drink everyday cos i noticed after drinking, my breath feels very hot...next day will have fever like symptoms...

Dr Su also told me to eat durians....so that time almost every week I had durians....just so happens durians in season...haha

oh have mangoes too...they are good for you

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    As for CW, can check out John little too. They quite frequently have 20% off supps...I got mine there last year at 20% off...I also rem seeing it at one for one at Watson's at raffles city a couple of mths back..dont know still have or not

so some of you ladies have cold hands and feet under the drenching sun ? wow that's a feeling I would like to experience hahaha. I think my nature is heaty.

Worthy Lady

i just ate a box of durian and feeling so heaty already! hahaha
    So maybe i should skip the LRD. lol

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

ooh...i think durians and LRD cannot go together...you will breathe fire after that....better have a few days interval

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    so some of you ladies have cold hands and feet under the drenching sun ? wow that's a feeling I would like to experience hahaha. I think my nature is heaty.
    Hahahahaha same here, I can't stand the room tempreture without fan

Worthy Lady
    Tricky: the only times I'll have cold hands & feet (& freezing ears) are during winter at -15C & I go without long john / thermal innerwear. On car if not cool enough I'll easily get nauseous from the heat & stuffiness. My mom always say she can feel heat radiating from me :x traditional chinese medicine say must drink more plain water (which I dont't like the taste of, bad habit to dont't drink water I know!). I know someone who is cold based but also got pregnant & gave birth after seeing traditional chinese medicine & gynae for almost 2 years.