Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; I see quinsenne so is it better to be heaty or cold based ? in Europe I always have cold ...

I see quinsenne so is it better to be heaty or cold based ?
    in Europe I always have cold hands and feet. but over here I'm a mobile heater haha

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

my mum got cold womb, she got pregnant (me 1st child) after mcing 3x and eating med for 1 yr. She never see chinese doc. I got Longan at home, will go buy some red dates to boil and drink. I felt that I been drinking too much cold stuff before I trying to concieve.

Worthy Lady

Ya my hands n feet always cold .. I might not feel cold mate just comfy ? But hand n feet will be cold.. Even under blanket ..

my hands and feet are always cold. I think our generation drinks too much cold drinks and eats too much unhealthy stuff. Think our mother's generation got no bubble tea, more expensive to drink soft drinks like Coke / 7-up etc, they probably eat more home cooked food and/or non junk food (Think McDonald's only opened in singapore in 1970s right?), too expensive during that time to indulge in Pringles etc.

So maybe that's why we need more 'tio-ing'. Just my opinion .

Worthy Lady
    Tricky: I also dont't know which is better, but I think as with everything it's to achieve a balance - not too cold & not too heaty. Maybe traditional chinese medicine seems more concerned with cold based cos many women tends to be cooler? I only know in Singapore I sweat the minute I came out of showers & I need 2 fans + aircon :x love winters! When I travel for leisure I'll choose countries to visit based on weathers lol there was this one year I was in HK in Feb & the weather app says 16C-18C, I only needed a short-sleeved tee (the uniqlo ones). Amazed me that locals could wear a coat...:x

Worthy Lady
    Littlej: I think you have a very good point, our moms generation & our grandmas generation no one seem to need put in so much effort to get pregnant - they just got pregnant somehow & have many children :x our generation onwards life gets too comfortable & end up backfiring on us when we want to trying to concieve...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    i dont't know if she speaks english ley.
    cos i have one traditional chinese medicine Shop near my place. Never been there before..
    So i thought i will go there and buy and boil myself at home
    sinseh is different from traditional chinese medicine shop =.=
    sinseh is the doctor.
    traditional chinese medicine shop we just call uncle / auntie
    lol

pinklolitapop
    you can use your iphone google for red dates & dried longans
    and then you can save the pictures in your phone for your convenience on your next purchase.

i think we have shared the following page before

Kat Juju: Recipe: Longan, Red Dates & Goji Berry

Yup my mom popped out 4 gals. Never mc, never bbt nor opk or studied cm. Why why why??

By the way, the ntuc here offers skin removal and chop the black chicken (2pc or 4pc etc up to you). Didnt know they provide such service till my mother in law told me. Guess you can ask ntuc uncle to do for you if you gals are buying black chix for your 8zhen.

Worthy Lady

thanks Quincy1986 for the link, i go and buy some red dates tonight.

my mother yesterday was wondering why I was going through all this and taking all these vits and supplements just to make a baby...I think she still sees me as a young girl and not a 32 yo women fighting against GMOs, MSGs and by-products...she gave birth to my brother and me in her early 20s during a time when a chicken took 2 years to reach adult size lol

Lol that's so true tricky! Now everything is engineered to grow faster grow bigger. But baby popping this era is not so fast man.

My mom is one who tells me to be patient...eat this eat that if I want, for trying to concieve. Maybe she is not so ganjeong for me because she already has 4 grandkids!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

You see nowadays all of us work in comfortable office, many of us seriously lack exercise and lack sunlight, thus lacking vit D which is impt for conception....Dr Su told me before to get up and walk....dont't keep sitting down in office because the sitting posture squashes our uterus, which isn't good for trying to concieve too...

ppl last time do manual labour..they walk a lot....so they are healthier...plus they dont't have cold drinks and fast food....food nowadays too laden with artificial colourings and MSG...our health suffers from the food we eat too...
    Missy10 likes this.

speaking of that ladies, did you notice how tall kids are today ? I reckon our kids will be big too. thanks to all the growth hormones !!

Yes, these days young boys are rather well built. I mean even babies are getting smarter earlier.

I just read the instructions on how to use preseed. Is it use it almost like inserting a tampom? Someone mentioned 1g is enough is it? Or more? Instructions also state insert 15mins before bd. Is that your practice or insert just before bd is workable too?

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    You see nowadays all of us work in comfortable office, many of us seriously lack exercise and lack sunlight, thus lacking vit D which is impt for conception....Dr Su told me before to get up and walk....dont't keep sitting down in office because the sitting posture squashes our uterus, which isn't good for trying to concieve too...

ppl last time do manual labour..they walk a lot....so they are healthier...plus they dont't have cold drinks and fast food....food nowadays too laden with artificial colourings and MSG...our health suffers from the food we eat too...
    did sinseh tell you like how long should we do the walking? because sometimes i walk much everyone in office look at me. just for my understanding.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    speaking of that ladies, did you notice how tall kids are today ? I reckon our kids will be big too. thanks to all the growth hormones !!
    I think it also depends on the parents ...i notice some of my dau's classmates (boys) are shorter as compared to girls in the class.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    did sinseh tell you like how long should we do the walking? because sometimes i walk much everyone in office look at me. just for my understanding.
    she didn't say must walk how long....but i think her point is dont' keep sitting down....get up to stretch a bit..the point is not to squash our uterus...
    at first when i go to see her, i must say i feel quite dejected because first my womb cold then i keep sitting down in office then i run too much....all no-no's...
    she told me to brisk walk, but i dont't know how to brisk walk...if i brisk walk, i end up running...was kinda upset then...

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail: I squeeze about 1-1.5g into the application then insert. I read that should push as close as possible to the cervix but I'm not sure how far, just insert until cannot go further & I'll put before bd after shower

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

have you all ever wondered why the applicators in the preseed box isn't packaged one by one? are they sterile? cos if they are sterile, they should be packed individually right?

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    she didn't say must walk how long....but i think her point is dont' keep sitting down....get up to stretch a bit..the point is not to squash our uterus...
    at first when i go to see her, i must say i feel quite dejected because first my womb cold then i keep sitting down in office then i run too much....all no-no's...
    she told me to brisk walk, but i dont't know how to brisk walk...if i brisk walk, i end up running...was kinda upset then...
    thanks for the clarification.
    about running, sometimes when i am late to office, i tend to run.
    but during my 2ww, i often feel something tugging/cramping in my womb.
    so the minute i feel that i stop running.

Thanks qinnne!

TVH, you got a point. Even my tampons also individually wrapped. Should I boil the applicator in hot water first? Hee just like old times baby's milk bottles and teats need sterilisation.

I was so very right. I feel Murphy's Law always happens on me. Now I got the preseed, I just went pee pee and have dangling cm. Ha! Nevermind I will still use preseed. Just use not more than 1g I guess.

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail: I used to wonder if need to boil in hot water too! But decided to not overthink if not I won't dare to use anything lol (PS preseed has parabens too & its website has a faq on it) I want to try Conceive Plus too & compare the difference! Dangling cm means time for action!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

hahah cannot boil in water becos it's plastic! boiling it will release harmful chemicals...i think just rem to keep the applicators clean and maybe store them in ziplock bags to prevent dust from settling on it

maybe should feedback to preseed...since it involves insertion, then the applicators must be sterile...we dont' want to get infection from them...

Worthy Lady
    TVH: Good idea, I think can also feedback to them 9 applicators not enough!