Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; GNC Women's Progesterone Cream - GNC - GNC...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Female Attendant
    Hi ladies, some information sharing. http://www.traditionalqi.com/2011/04/20/1639/

Rain, coincidentally we ladies were talking about cold uterus last week. Some of us diligently wear socks to sleep (me more kiasu. I wear socks once night falls even before sleep), avoid cold drinks,drink ginger tea, use hot packs on tummy, etc. Of course, most of us are on traditional chinese medicine too.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 19-04-2013 at 08:42 PM.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Just seen Dr Su...have not been sleeping well lately due to work stress and constant midnight peeing...I asked if can tell gender, she listened to both pulses on the wrists and told me pulse too luan becos not enough sleep so cannot tell..sigh...I really should leave my job

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Oh just realised I mentioned wrongly ..

Dr Su' s meds..a 6 day supply is 12 packs....a 12 days supply is 24 packs

Female Attendant

Hi Little Hamster,

It's very important to not over-pressure as it will definitely affect the outcome and the production of sperm.
    No matter what, both of you should be in healthy condition during conception as it will affect baby's health as well. So, be healthy all the time, chill and relax. You will be awarded someday. Again, dont't rush yea. Good luck and God bless.

is it wise to get progesterone cream?

Female Attendant
    TVH, I think yours is quite cheap 2 weeks of supply cost $44. Btw, traditional chinese medicine med is really bitter but no choice, we have to take
    Dragontail, I did ask dr wu whether can I take LRD tea to warm my womb. She say I can't as it will be too heaty for me.
    Oh ya, I heard that sesame oil also quite good. Can try to eat 麻油鸡 more frequent

Hello dragontail - hee hee I was inspired by you so I asked my man if he remembered what I wore when we first met. He remembered!!! Hahaha. But dont't know if he anyhow hum tum since my clothes are all about those colors.

What were the dates that dr wu gave you? Today and Sunday? Then follow . Erm for me I had smiley on tues 7pm, we bd that night. Then next bd was thurs night. I think if got smiley or dark line on opk means egg coming out in about 2 days right - that's what I read...

Hello rain - well, you are welcomed to do more if you want to- in addition to bbt and opk. Oh yes I wear socks to sleep suggested by everyone here - as said before, I look like soccer player going to bed.

Erm I think lrd supposed to drink during 2ww?!? I think it is quite heaty right so I suppose (in my opinion) it is supposed to keep the womb warm.

What is acv dragontail?

Quincy - you super funny ! Hahaha...

Rain - I just gulp down / bottoms up dr wu's meds! Hmm... Ya just realized dr Su is cheaper - I guess whichever is more convenient for you. I took lrd during first week of 2ww cuz ladies here advised to. And I took it everyday!! When I went to see dr wu, she said I was too heaty and going to fall sick... But I bfp that month. Actually dr wu also told me not to take any other herbal stuff but erm I also drank zhen before o - I mean mother boil - how to say no

TVH, hugs. Did you explore with your company if you can lay off some responsibilities for a while? I think I have a very family-oriented office environment and my team mates are quite helpful too. Any chance of talking to your boss or HR?

Wow that's impressive, littlej! Thing is I cant even remember what I wore for first date so cant play this game with my man.

Well the dates are Wed, today and Sun, given by Dr Wu. Hee ok perhaps I BD on Sunday morning. Since morning spermies are stronger!

ACV = apple cider vinegar.

Female Attendant
    Wow... Littlej, you so hardworking. Must learn from you. Hehe.... Going to follow dr wu's schedule to bd, as I going to o soon. It's time to start busy again.

Rain, I also drink 8zhen soup before ovulation. Perhaps you can make one round tomorrow before your O

Female Attendant
    Hi dragontail, I will try to boil this Sunday. Hope this 1st round of bazhen will help.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thanks dragontail for the hug

I'm working in a very competitive environment. I have not't told my boss I am pregnant. I actually broke down at work on wed and tendered my resignation but was asked by my boss to reconsider. He doesn't seem the kind who is supportive about family though he has a family. He is too task oriented. I was exhausted this week from problems at work and couldn't sleep well at night. Now I dont't know if staying for the maternity benefits is worth it.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain0307:780644
    TVH, I think yours is quite cheap 2 weeks of supply cost $44. Btw, traditional chinese medicine med is really bitter but no choice, we have to take
    Dragontail, I did ask dr wu whether can I take LRD tea to warm my womb. She say I can't as it will be too heaty for me.
    Oh ya, I heard that sesame oil also quite good. Can try to eat 麻油鸡 more frequent
    Actually I dont't find Dr Su's med bitter. I quite like the taste haha. I'm a fan of herbal soups so her med sometimes smell like herbal soup, and the taste is not nasty at all for me. In fact, I find sometimes the med she gave has a slight sweetness.

Rain - all of us here are ultra hardworking . If trying to concieve was an exam, we would score a* hahah that's why we have one another to spur us on!

Dragontail - doc and patient game quite fun right! Hee hee maybe it is your *ahem* that is sweet hence attracting the ants? Hahaha corny corny...

Tvh - awww... If so stressed then maybe not worth it . But well, think carefully cuz it is no longer a decision you make for two but for three. And something you need to jointly discuss with your hubby too. Also, if you're planning to rejoin the work force after you popped - you would also need to think about integrating to the new company and new colleagues etc - all these whilst adapting to the lifestyle of a mother. Whilst we like to think this is an open job society with no prejudices, i also know there are reservations about hiring mummies, especially new mummies. Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket but there are hordes to consider... But I'm sure you would have done your due diligence. Would it help if you told you boss you're preggers??

For me - I am thankful my boss is pro family. But it is a competitive and very foreign talent based environment. Like for instance, as mentioned before - I have the Ang mo colleague due around same time and she is going for the USA work trip. But I have declined. And yes, I know people are saying why she can go and I cannot... I am not being professional... I am not supporting / showing respect to the team organizing the trip etc. blah blah. And these idiots think i dont know what they are saying but hahaha walls have ears. But I chose to take these in my stride - say whatever you want. My muffin is my priority not work... Oh... I also had a chat with my hubby... That since we may only have one child (age factor), ideally when this lil' muffin is 3 / 4 years old - I would like to be a stay at home mum. So we agreed this means like it or not, I have to biah with this job until then.

Big hugs to you tvh. Smile, it is the weekend!!

Worthy Lady

Urgh... I have a pimple or mosquito bite of sort on my very lips! Ladies any idea why's that so? ( maybe the heat?!) and if I can do anything to get rid of it?

Worthy Lady
    OK ladies, I'm back to repo on my first gynae visit! (It's a late night post cos after seeing the gynae, me & hubby went have dinner out & walk around town -mainly groceries shopping lol- came home chit chat until after midnight haha)

When I walked into the clinic, I thought wahhh good business last appointment is at 4.40pm & it was 4.20, there were about 6-7 patients waiting for their turns. It's my first time seeing a gynae so maybe this is normal at other clinics too? Anyway I filled up a patient card & waited for my turn, surprisingly it didn't take very long (about 40min). Me & hubby went in to wait for the gynae as he was in the other consultation room, he came in in about 5min or so & was all smiles & very kind in fact, the lady who took my bp was nice too haha...

Then he began asking me & hubby some standard questions like how long have we been married, cycle lengths etc. He did a vagina ultrasound & poke his finger around, when he pulled his finger out there's this yucky yellow-greenish discharge! Then he said, this is fungus I effing have not escaped the bleeding clutches of pesky yeast infection!!!! he said no bd for 5 days till it's cleared, to see him on Wed so he can take a look at my eggs & check on the infection again (he estimated that I'll O around Wed which is CD14 but if we can't bd it's useless :x) praying that it'll clear up & we can bd... pleaseeeee!

So here's my rather uneventful first gynae visit... just stick the pill up myself & have sudden urge to poo! Trying to hold in the poo urge cos I dont't want to push out the hard-stuffed pill! :x sobs!

Worthy Lady
    Ooooh & a very warm welcome to rain I'm new to the thread too & everyone else has been very helpful & encouraging let's jiayou together!

TVH, if he ask you to reconsider, did you tell him your problems?

actually i am really asking a question, you think its good if i put progesterone cream? as a natural occuring hormone, it helps in pregnancy. and it helps in improving your moods and even BD.

Worthy Lady

TVH, hugs hugs..

Qinnsenne, wishing you clear the infection asap! good luck!

And Quincy, you are up early on a weekend!

Shez, I get that once in a blue moon too. It's because too heaty for my case. I think there's nothing much you can do other than drink loads of water. It will 自身自灭 in due time.

Qinnn, hope you'll get to BD for good!

I had a disturbed sleep so I'm not sure how far correct is my temp this morn. Once I dont sleep well, my temp will be higher. I input into FF with "sleep deprived" but I still get crosshair that states I ovulated yesterday. If I listen to my body, I feel I might indeed ovulated yesterday because of super strong o pains. But based on last 2 cycles bbt, I should o one day after a positive opk, not on the same day like this time. So which should I trust? I cannot handle not being sure today is my 1dpo or o-day.

Worthy Lady
    Good morning ladies! Happy weekend!

Shez: thanks! Hoping so...:x

TVH: hey... *Hugs* I work in a very competitive, very fast-paced & highly demanding environment too (the LLP environment where one wrong step & it's almost the end of any chances in a partnership, & often enough it's of no fault on our part), where off-peak is somewhat a legend & practically only have peaks & super peaks that require 12-18hours put in at work everyday, often including weekends. It's not all bad though, there's a certain flexibility that no one really bothers what you do with your time as long as the ultimate goal gets delivered on deadline, which means I can go see a doc at odd timings on a weekday without taking leave, or I can catch a movie with my hubby on a weekday at 3.30pm without taking leave etc. (Of cos that's after you hit a certain position) but mostly, highly stressed up & highly demanding & long hours with a lot of burnt weekends. I'm not sure what's the point of telling you about the nature of my job when it's not exactly relevant to your situation & I'm obviously not pregnant yet to comment on that part, but I've thought about this issue & discussed it with my hubby before. Well he has no problem with me quitting & stay home, he's been suggesting that I do that now since we're trying for a baby but I have wanted to work. It will not be feasible once I really conceive to work such ridiculous hours but I think if I can then I will continue. If not then I'll consider changing a job haha...(also helps that the firm doesn't bat an eyelid at approving X number of months on top of maternity leave for us to take care of our babies lol but no-pay over & above the maternity leave obviously... ) it is important that you communicate with your company that you are pregnant, your top priority is your baby right now & that you slow down some at work - if it's not acceptable for your company & no allowance would be given on the account that you're pregnant then it's probably wise to begin a new job hunt...? Can you imagine in future you'll need to take childcare leave? I understand not everyone can leave their jobs as & when they like, & even if the option is there but a woman having her own income is a good thing nia... but there are always other alternatives & a better way to go about the same issue who knows? Maybe it's just speaking out that will do it & your company will understand. I've a friend whose boss is super understanding, even when she took at least 1 day leave/mc /urgent leave/childcare leave on a weekly basis her boss didn't ask her go drink kopi lol so you never know until you speak to someone. Jiayou!
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 20-04-2013 at 08:36 AM.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thanks ladies for your support if only my boss is as understanding as you all...

To be fair, I havent told him I'm preggers yet so his reaction might not be as negative as I think. I was too emo to tell him that day becos you know, when you try very hard to hold back your tears, your throat becomes very painful then it becomes very difficult to talk. Hahaha. The only thing holding me back is I have got very good team mates and of course the fully paid 16 weeks of maternity leave. I'm still in a dilemma. Part of me feels relieved if I tender, another part of me tells me to tahan another 5 mths. I will take a few days leave next week to sort out my thoughts. Maybe I need a holiday to relax...

Sorry for the rant ladies...it has been a roller coaster week for me