Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; prayinghard, the best way to tell if your ovulating is to temp. a couple of times I hd a feeling ...

prayinghard, the best way to tell if your ovulating is to temp. a couple of times I hd a feeling I didn't ovulate but my temps said otherwise

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Tricky, what is chia seed? Iím not a big follower of organic food but if it happens to be there and not too expensive then I will buy. My place NTUC Thomson plaza has an organic food section too and I love to browse through that section. I do buy their organic oats, cereals, and sometimes candies. I find organic breakfast cereals are less sweet. dontít like my cereals to be overdosed with sweetness.

For carb free diets, I will eat a lot of salads and fruits. And if I have the mood for stir fry, I find the Vietnam style of eating works for me. Stir fry some seasoned sliced chicken or prawn. Add fish sauce, peanut if you want. Even basil leaves if you like. Instead of eating it with rice, use lettuce to wrap a spoonful of the dish into the veg. Itís so totally good.

Prayinghard, Iím sure Dr Su can give you some enlightenment on Sunday. Now youíre into your 2wwÖ sit back and relax

link on chia seeds

http://www.thewellnesswarrior.com.au/2012/08/13-awesome-reasons-to-eat-chia-seeds-every-day/

thanks for the ideas Dragontail, sounds very yummy

Tricky, share share here

1. Sliced or minced chicken (or any meat. I only eat chicken and seafood). Or fresh prawns, d.e-shelled. I prefer to dice the prawn a bit because I find itís more flavorful that way, compared to leaving it as whole prawn. Marinate meat with salt and pepper and soy sauce.
    2.Coriander - to me, I must have this for this dish. Without it, I wont make it! If you like basal, add that.
    3. Shredded carrot or capsicum. Onions if you like.
    4. Finely chopped ginger
    5. Chopped fresh chilli (optional)
    6. Boston lettuce for wrapping.
    7. A bit of rice vinegar, fish sauce, ground pepper, some soy sauce, some sugar, some salt to your liking.

Heat up wok with cooking oil (little please) and stir fry the meat first (usually I skip garlic because I dontít like it. You can add that). Once a bit browned, throw in the all vegs and seasonings. This is really a fast dish. When all cooked, just wrap it with the lettuce! Gee Iím so hungry now.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Cherriejoy, so did you like the mamaís formula milk? I did try some samples before oh my goodness no way. Wanted to vomit :P I still prefer plain old normal milk. The most I can take is flavored with strawberry. Me not adventurous with choc/banana/or any other funky flavors.

Glitterystar, like I mentioned, me no flat there Actually for me what seems to work in fitting into some less forgiving dresses is to not eating carbo for 2 days (darn hard! I love bread). But if I indulge into too much rice/bread for few days, I can start feel my pants, skirts very tight. If I eat too much carbo for dinner, Iím very sure next morning I cant wear a particular bottom. So what I wear next day for work depends on what I eat for dinner

Yes, getting older surely doesnít help. YEARS ago could eat two bowls of rice at each meal. Now if finish one bowl I feel my body takes forever to digest.

So when do you stop the Progesterone med after your O? I was on it before during my last BFP. If dontít stop, will your AF come at all?
    Dragontail : I love it man... I have tried Similac and Enfamama milk formula for mum but i think Similac taste better. Enfa mama's formula is a bit thick and creamy. Can make 2 glasses of milk. Maybe you cut down the volume? Maybe you want to try use half of the pack?

Wow. I must have chia seeds. I’m like a rat… a fan of seeds/nuts/lentils. Never heard of chia seeds before and I’m going to hunt at my NTUC tomorrow. Thanks Tricky!

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail: oh I'm not a fan of HK food nor shopping (neither am I impressed by the less-than-pleasant attitude of the local folks), but I find myself there at least once a year for work :x the only shopping I do in HK is cosmetic spree in Sasa lol there are some Japanese brands that aren't available in Singapore, & they're cheap! (a blush for less than $10, a liquid eyeliner at about $10 cheaper than Singapore, etc ) To be honest,.for food & shopping purpose I much prefer Taiwan for a cheap, short one-week vacation than HK. (much nicer people!) & BKK! Ooooh I love Bangkok food lol Shopping-wise it's definitely Europe & US for me Though I must say I'm not so much a clothes & bags gal but more a foodie gal haha...

Littlehamster: same same I dont shop much too, but I love food! With my hubby it's like walk a while, sit down eat then walk another hour, sit down drink/snack & chit chat lol I buy from Taobao too haha cos they're so cheap & surprisingly the clothes & shoes I bought are pretty decent quality! I buy lingerie too lol so cheap almost can be like wear a few times, dont like then buy new ones hehe... (taobao lingerie I'll use for bd purpose, my daily inner setup has to be good quality ones if not I'll feel very uncomfortable whole day haha)

Prayinghard: I'm temping to check on O - this morning temp is lower than previous few days! O.O I thought during/after O temp will rise? If you're unsure if you've O-ed you can temp next cycle & confirm? (If you're not already charting)

nataliengbh: hehehe I fear needles but not the pain... it's like how I can't look at the needle when drawing blood but I won't find it painful :x (but I'm squeamish when it comes to any foreign object into my very...:x) contractions have to be the worst max scale pain from what I heard! Unless you opt for epidural immediately after induce labour then dont feel anything (that's what a friend did when she went to induce labour & she kiasi so immediately epidural so she can play hp & watch tv while waiting for labour to progress)

Today's topic is organic foods? I'm unfamiliar with organic foods but going with low carbs or carbs-free diet will kill me... I love rice, noodles & bread! I think you ladies will be quite shocked at how much I eat...:x (at least my colleagues & friends are still amazed to this day...:x) it's a mystery I'm not overweight yet...:x

Oh, and happy Friday ladies!
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 26-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitterystar View Post
    @Dragontail : Nice art there you have and the ring. how did you maintain such flat tummy??!! what is the secret?! i find it so difficult to get rid of the flab there the older i got

@ Missy10 : i like stars and that's y my nick. Hee ;p you have a safe trip!

@quincy : I took Progesterone the last cycle for 2 weeks after O prescribed by the gyn. It's supposed to build the lining in the womb to help implantation. The thing is that progesterone also delay my menses. So my cycle is a bit lengthened as a result...

@ Tricky : i also try to eat organic as much as possible but it's costly for some items but not others. Cold storage sells organic veg ranging $1.5 onwards esp if they are on sale. I also do organic eggs (about $3.8 a tray for 10) and NTUC Finest sells organic milk at $3.4 per pack....NTUC finest in Marine parade has an oragnic section on the 2nd floor. To be honest some of the organic food is about the same price as regular food. I was looking at honey and salt and some of the non-organic brands are about the same price as the organic ones...
    hey thanks for the info.

and wow you ladies have been hardworking with your organic food!

Worthy Lady

Hey sexy ladies! When I showed hubby the tattoo pics last night - he asked "Are you sure it's a trying to concieve thread? Why every day your topics vary and jump around like a kangaroo one?". Haha... The beauty of this thread!

Well, if we are on the topic of eating, man do I love my food... And it shows in my waistline! LOL... No organic food for me though... Am a huge fan of carbo and eggs, not so much of salads and veg...

Imperial Concubine

Wow I dont take organic food. Lol usually eating out.

Ntw for those who taking chicken essence, I chk with my traditional chinese medicine and he says to take once a week only . (Just sharing probably my traditional chinese medicine not a fan of chicke essense) lol.

I got my smiley yesterday! Suppose expecring temp to dip today or rise today but it didnt. -.- its the same as yesterday. Shall.see if my temp rises tomorrow.. haiyo I didnt get to o together with hubby yesterday.. :x hubby say I too stress think too much. Faints. (As research says that orgasm in woman helps the flow of sperm to swim) n my tummy is so bloated today. Weird.

Aiyo I love hong kong n their food. Haha. Went once also n quite love it. As I love milk tea, yuen yong, their breakfast, n dim sum! Oh ya! For those who love hk dim sum like me, hk most famous dim sum open their chain outlets in sg! Remember one is at plaxa singapura n other somewhere at orchard (tim ho want). have not get to go there though. (actually not all the dish is fantastic only the special char siew bao only) lol but compared to sg dim sum theirs is still above average.

Prayinghard: probably you can start temping?

Happy friday everybody!

Worthy Lady

Oh gosh, HK food... even street food's finger smacking good!

3 years ago, hubby was posted in Guangzhou to work, and I was there with him for a year. Every 2 months, we take a 2hr train ride to HK just to spend the weekend... Food heaven!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Oooh....very sexy abs dragontail!!!
    I've been thinking on and off of getting a small tattoo too but hubby not very supportive..

Hope you ladies are doing good! I'm still stressed over work...have taken a couple of days to rest at home....waste my leaves...been sleeping away for the past couple of days

I love HK food too....everytime i come back from HK, sure to put on weight..

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    Dragontail: oh I'm not a fan of HK food nor shopping (neither am I impressed by the less-than-pleasant attitude of the local folks), but I find myself there at least once a year for work :x the only shopping I do in HK is cosmetic spree in Sasa lol there are some Japanese brands that aren't available in Singapore, & they're cheap! (a blush for less than $10, a liquid eyeliner at about $10 cheaper than Singapore, etc ) To be honest,.for food & shopping purpose I much prefer Taiwan for a cheap, short one-week vacation than HK. (much nicer people!) & BKK! Ooooh I love Bangkok food lol Shopping-wise it's definitely Europe & US for me Though I must say I'm not so much a clothes & bags gal but more a foodie gal haha...

Littlehamster: same same I dont shop much too, but I love food! With my hubby it's like walk a while, sit down eat then walk another hour, sit down drink/snack & chit chat lol I buy from Taobao too haha cos they're so cheap & surprisingly the clothes & shoes I bought are pretty decent quality! I buy lingerie too lol so cheap almost can be like wear a few times, dont like then buy new ones hehe... (taobao lingerie I'll use for bd purpose, my daily inner setup has to be good quality ones if not I'll feel very uncomfortable whole day haha)

Prayinghard: I'm temping to check on O - this morning temp is lower than previous few days! O.O I thought during/after O temp will rise? If you're unsure if you've O-ed you can temp next cycle & confirm? (If you're not already charting)

nataliengbh: hehehe I fear needles but not the pain... it's like how I can't look at the needle when drawing blood but I won't find it painful :x (but I'm squeamish when it comes to any foreign object into my very...:x) contractions have to be the worst max scale pain from what I heard! Unless you opt for epidural immediately after induce labour then dont feel anything (that's what a friend did when she went to induce labour & she kiasi so immediately epidural so she can play hp & watch tv while waiting for labour to progress)

Today's topic is organic foods? I'm unfamiliar with organic foods but going with low carbs or carbs-free diet will kill me... I love rice, noodles & bread! I think you ladies will be quite shocked at how much I eat...:x (at least my colleagues & friends are still amazed to this day...:x) it's a mystery I'm not overweight yet...:x

Oh, and happy Friday ladies!
    I didn't opt for epidural straightaway after the induse drip cos wanna see can tahan ornot....after tolerating for 1 hr perphaps..really cannot take it..so ask for epidural..i took a nap after the epidural....for me, the pain of the tattoo is localised..but the contraction pain is from top to bottom..front to back...opps...hope i didnt scare anyone :P

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    I didn't opt for epidural straightaway after the induse drip cos wanna see can tahan ornot....after tolerating for 1 hr perphaps..really cannot take it..so ask for epidural..i took a nap after the epidural....for me, the pain of the tattoo is localised..but the contraction pain is from top to bottom..front to back...opps...hope i didnt scare anyone :P
    oh no...I was hoping to not use epidural and tahan the pain...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Qinnn: organic foods are free of pesticides, not low carb or Carb free . And during trying to concieve, it's recommended to have carbs

Worthy Lady

@Dragontail - i was given 14 tablets of progesterone to be taken once a day in the morning after O. Doc told me that once i complete the course, it will take a few days for the AF to come if i m not preggy. So i took it for 2 weeks and then about 4 days after i completed the course, my AF come.

I am going to try your recipe this week! it so happened that i bought buy minced chicken yesterday. Had wanted to steam it at first. My lazy way of minimal cooking and mess in the kitchen. hhee.

@Tricky - ya i live in the east Been living in that area since i got married. I heart the east

@Gnissim - Heard the chicken essence is good for implantation. My hus loves it. He takes them everytime before we BD for vitality. hahaha. I take once a blue moon during implantation period.

Any gamers in the house? I am a big fan of Guildwars 2 if anyone is playing that...

Couldnt find chia seeds from cold storage at my office so just bought these to add on to my collection. Hee.

For me, if preggie, will go c-sect. Dont need to think. Because of my age. Dont think I'm young enough to push or endure anymore, though I generally have high pain threshold. But I'm sure I dont't know what is real pain till I meet a labour pain.

My bff who had a boy last Dec, said she wont take epi because she didnt want to pay for one. So that was her motivation. Haaa. Indeed she endured all the way through. Bravo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130426_141807.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	103222  

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    oh no...I was hoping to not use epidural and tahan the pain...
    No ...i have friends who can tahan and dont't use epidural, laughing gas and etc ....My excuse is my labour hours are long..hahaha...from night 10pm (insert tablet at 10pm + drip at 7 or 8am ) to next day 2.51pm when my girl is finally born....

Worthy Lady

Think i will go for epi although i am also very old . I am scared of pain and scar My gf said she cant bend down after her C section and the scar after that although it's below the bikini line.

i will try chia seed. Never really eat it as a snack. i remembered some chia seed on some bread that i took before that's all.. i m so mountain tortoise... hee.

Shez, hahah so funny on your hubby’s comment. But it’s very true too. And I like it. J

Glitterystar, sorry me aint a gamer. I dont’t even play handphone games anymore. Ha! I’ve short span for such kind of games. Play play a few rounds and I get uninterested easily.

This is something which I was asked yesterday by my sis : Do you allow your child to play with food? (just nice we are talking about food today)

What I meant is during the baby’s 5months-7months or so when he is starting to eat solid and curious with food.

So I replied her that I will. To me, it’s not really playing but more like exploring. If the child wants to feed himself, I will let him be. No matter how messy it will end up to be. This would mean food wastage as I’m sure the baby is going to drop a lot of food. My take is I prefer to have the child to go at his own pace when it comes to accepting new food. But another BFF replied no, she wont do likewise. She will insist to spoon feed the baby because she cannot stand food wastage. That’s how she was brought up.

What do you think you will do?

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Oh dragontail - Now i feel like eating Vietnamese food. Yums yums. Maybe I should try cooking that on Sunday. But hmm, I'm usually too lazy to cook. It's kinda like cook for one or two is so not worth the efforts to do dish washing and the kitchen cleaning...

Quincy - Let me take a guess on how Dragontail and Missy10 look like from their tatts. Hm, dragontail probably tall and slim type. Between 1.67m and 1.7m (or taller) - who can carry off skinny pants and bandage dresses. The Maggie Cheung figure type. Missy10 is also about the same height - between 1.65m and 1.7m - slightly curvier. In bikini - she'd be more *woot woot*. More like Gong Li type of figure. Hee hee - Am I right?

Wow - you folks are so healthy. I dont't think I take anything organic erm except Granola since I can only find Organic Granola? My man thinks it's some new age hoola boola nonsense.

Hmm - on delivery - I am still undecided between C-section or natural with epidural. I think I won't be able to tahan the pain. I'm seriously chicken. I actually FAINTED when I fell down from the bicycle when I was younger. I saw blood I felt pain I blacked out. I also FAINTED when I had my ears pierced when I was younger (and it is those first holes at the earlobe - not the cartilage type). I dont't know how I managed to get a hole pierced at my ear cartilage when I was older...

Actually my man told me I should just go for C-section under GA. Completely knocked out and oo hello baby :P

One of the gynaes I'm considering (Yes I'm still undecided) apparently is very good at stitching. I've read reviews that patients are up and walking the next day. My friend did a C-section with him and the scar is not obvious at all and she was pain-free from 2nd day onwards.

Worthy Lady

O.O most friends love HK food too, except me ... I do enjoy the dim sum - Tim Ho want char siew buns are good, and Fu Ho is decent enough. I used to like roasted pigeons, but after I had some really YUMMY Peking duck in the capital of China, I dont't fancy roasted pigeons anymore lol! (I know I know, huge difference in price & not even the same bird species, so not fair haha )

Shez: Hi^5 for a fellow foodie It's been ages since I weigh myself...

TVH: waste leave never mind, important that you rest! (Yeah! I also want to tahan the pain - hopefully in the near future! I'm more scared of the epidural needle! I promise to God, if He gives me a baby soon I'll really tahan and not complain or yank at my hubby's hair & scold him for knocking me up... really :x)

nataliengbh: You scared me! I really have a huge fear for needles... and at the moment I think I'll bear with the pain rather than have a needle jabbed up my spine *runs away sobbing*

littlehamster: I know, just saying that I'll be a very sad person without my carbs lol

Glitterystar: I live in the East before I move in with my hubby after marriage! Marine Parade you ladies were saying? I live near Katong Shopping Centre with my parents & my JC is in Marine Parade area Used to visit a lan gaming shop nearby lol I game too! SC2 & D3 anyone?

Dragontail: your bff is my 偶像, enduring through is my goal!!!

Littlej, yes I look like Maggie Cheung. 蹲的候就像. LOL auntie merely 1.6m. Sorry I have to crash your imagination.

OMG, you could faint like that. Did you ever got checked maybe you have low blood pressure or something?

So is this good-stitch gynae the THIRD gynae?