Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; @Quinnsenne -you live in Amber/ Mountbatten that area? i love the Meyer area. It's so quiet and tranquil. f the ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

@Quinnsenne -you live in Amber/ Mountbatten that area? i love the Meyer area. It's so quiet and tranquil. f the property market tank and when i finally save up more $$, i will want to buy a unit in Meyer/ Fort Road area.

I was on D3. Has a monk and wizard lvl 60 but stopped playing D3 now cos the storyline is repetitive. I have short attention span and dont like to run the same sotry line again. You may want to try Gw2. One-time payment and the developers update the contents regularly. I love their WvW and PvP part. There is also the PvE portion. Quite a good size and active Asian and Oceania community. There is no Asian server per se so we all are on the NA server. Buzz me if you are on it. I can help you power level up

Thanks ladies for the suggestion. Becuase I used to temp in the past and it really drive me to crazy then I decided to give and even Dr Su also happy that I give up tempting. Maybe I should ask her how when I see her. I think her logic on me is dont't temp and dont't bother if got O just BD, because she can see that I am very gan jiong, she want me to relax.

Dragontail thanks for the recipe breakdown !
    you didn't find chia seeds but the other seeds you bought are super healthy too. I'm a sucker for sunflower seeds but they make me bloat...

I also want to go for C-sec. my hubby's cousin went for that and 3 days later she was so fresh looking I was shocked. her baby is 7 months now and she goes to the gym, works out and got her Pre-pregnancy figure back...very motivating

Ooo - and on holidays.

HK is good for food. Roasted pigeon, yum cha, and unique bars. Shopping is ok . It's good if you're into branded stuff and looking for somewhere nearer to Singapore to buy these stuff - Bags and rolexes anyone? There's also a wholesale shopping place at Lai Chi Kok where you can get really cheap clothes - It's wholesale on weekdays but open to individual sales on weekends. It's more fashionable and cheaper than Platinum mall. Hahaha. But personally, I feel that HK has now lost its uniquely Hong Kong touch. With the advent of its 'neighbour' (no offense to anyone from there but erm you folks should know where / what I'm talking about) - but the fashion trends are no longer the same and all the cha chan teng are replaced and gosh - the visitors!

BKK - I love BKK cuz of the food too! And shopping is good for basics - and bras bras bras and panties panties panties.

As I grow older, I feel that I prefer shopping in US for clothes (Quality over quantity), BKK for bras and panties (I small - US dont't stock my size), and Europe for bags and sight-see. I still love my beach holidays where I do nothing but stone by the beach / pool and have a beer / wine.

Oh talking about wine, I am suffering from alcohol withdrawal. Just the other day my man was asking me what do I miss most? I told him WINE and CHAMPAGNE!! He thinks I'm an alcoholic now cuz he was expecting me to say sashimi or steak. Geez, I was at dinner and across me I could see all the other tables having wine. The smell, the taste..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Littlej, yes I look like Maggie Cheung. 蹲的候就像. LOL auntie merely 1.6m. Sorry I have to crash your imagination.

OMG, you could faint like that. Did you ever got checked maybe you have low blood pressure or something?

So is this good-stitch gynae the THIRD gynae?
    Muahahah - Yes I have low blood pressure. But also scared of pain and needles.

Aiya - No . Good stitch gynae is Dr Chan... Doc who helped me BFP is Dr Chew. Chan or Chew, Chew or Chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Shez, hahah so funny on your hubbyís comment. But itís very true too. And I like it. J

Glitterystar, sorry me aint a gamer. I dontít even play handphone games anymore. Ha! Iíve short span for such kind of games. Play play a few rounds and I get uninterested easily.

This is something which I was asked yesterday by my sis : Do you allow your child to play with food? (just nice we are talking about food today)

What I meant is during the babyís 5months-7months or so when he is starting to eat solid and curious with food.

So I replied her that I will. To me, itís not really playing but more like exploring. If the child wants to feed himself, I will let him be. No matter how messy it will end up to be. This would mean food wastage as Iím sure the baby is going to drop a lot of food. My take is I prefer to have the child to go at his own pace when it comes to accepting new food. But another BFF replied no, she wont do likewise. She will insist to spoon feed the baby because she cannot stand food wastage. Thatís how she was brought up.

What do you think you will do?
    Dragontail - I'm super anal. I think I will spoon feed. Giving the kid a choice and letting him/her mess around with food may create some unsavoury habits growing up I think. Like scarcely I dont't want to eat this, I only want to eat that... or I can do what I can at the food table - bang around etc. I get irritated at those kids who misbehave at the dining table and it irks me that the parents dont't do anything!

Oh gosh - I think I'm going to be a scary mum :P

Thanks ladies.... touch down safely.....
    Not hot its cooling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-26-14-58-35.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	103230  

Littlej - you see me too up, hahahaa im only 156m hehehehe

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    O.O most friends love HK food too, except me ... I do enjoy the dim sum - Tim Ho want char siew buns are good, and Fu Ho is decent enough. I used to like roasted pigeons, but after I had some really YUMMY Peking duck in the capital of China, I dont't fancy roasted pigeons anymore lol! (I know I know, huge difference in price & not even the same bird species, so not fair haha )

Shez: Hi^5 for a fellow foodie It's been ages since I weigh myself...

TVH: waste leave never mind, important that you rest! (Yeah! I also want to tahan the pain - hopefully in the near future! I'm more scared of the epidural needle! I promise to God, if He gives me a baby soon I'll really tahan and not complain or yank at my hubby's hair & scold him for knocking me up... really :x)

nataliengbh: You scared me! I really have a huge fear for needles... and at the moment I think I'll bear with the pain rather than have a needle jabbed up my spine *runs away sobbing*

littlehamster: I know, just saying that I'll be a very sad person without my carbs lol

Glitterystar: I live in the East before I move in with my hubby after marriage! Marine Parade you ladies were saying? I live near Katong Shopping Centre with my parents & my JC is in Marine Parade area Used to visit a lan gaming shop nearby lol I game too! SC2 & D3 anyone?

Dragontail: your bff is my 偶像, enduring through is my goal!!!
    Opps...that is not my intention .

Imperial Concubine

missy10: so envy!! can go hk.. I miss it. haha. eat more on our behalf kies. lol. the other time I went I was hoping to see some TVB actors (im a tvb fan) but didn't get to see any. lol. littlej: wow, have not decide a gynae? Dr chan KH is actually help some of my relative in delivery too.! I guess you should have another 1 month to make decision? prayinghard: since you are seeing Dr su I guess it should not be a problem? dont worry too much.. =)

sorry to interrupt your discussions today. saw my friend posted this tingkat ad online. pic fyi.

their facebook account: EONE Catering

and also the unabashed me with my fake tattoo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	103232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	103231  

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post

Quincy - Let me take a guess on how Dragontail and Missy10 look like from their tatts. Hm, dragontail probably tall and slim type. Between 1.67m and 1.7m (or taller) - who can carry off skinny pants and bandage dresses. The Maggie Cheung figure type. Missy10 is also about the same height - between 1.65m and 1.7m - slightly curvier. In bikini - she'd be more *woot woot*. More like Gong Li type of figure. Hee hee - Am I right?

Wow - you folks are so healthy. I dont't think I take anything organic erm except Granola since I can only find Organic Granola? My man thinks it's some new age hoola boola nonsense.
    lol on the guesses.
    for the organic food i am basically very lazy to hunt
    and lately i have not been following to doctor's advises. slowly taking things more and more easily

Worthy Lady

Ladies, I have just been offered a role by my ex colleague who joined a new company. Pay wise, better + 13th month AWS + variable bonus and its for a well established company.

Downside, she asked that I do not get preggy until I finish probation. So that I can give her full 9mths of my work and get d new division off and running before she hires an assistant for me when I go on maternity. My current job needs me to provide 2 mths notice which means I gotta stop trying to concieve for 5 mths.

In term of benefits, both companies are about the same. Just that the new company, I will be a lot more focused on doing designated job scope whist current job, I like octopus juggling multiple hats.

My hubby prefers a baby born in d beginning of the year. I calculated, if I gotta refrain from trying to concieve for 4-5 mths, means my baby will only be born mid year (apr - jun).

Suggestions / advice?

Shez, can share more? what is the job scope like? requires some overtime work?

my friend also belong to an established company and she just went ahead with t-tc anyway.

Worthy Lady

Hi Quincy, I'm in marketing, so will be fully marketing focused. But my current job I also help with admin + office + events + office party etc.

Working hours, new place is set up for remote working and as long as works done can knock off kind. No need always work OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shez View Post
    Hi Quincy, I'm in marketing, so will be fully marketing focused. But my current job I also help with admin + office + events + office party etc.

Working hours, new place is set up for remote working and as long as works done can knock off kind. No need always work OT.
    I see. I can only say I have an ex colleague in marketing and she manage to conceive too.
    And I guess we all agree that to t-tc, we really need work life balance.
    So I believe spending less overtime on work is ideal. as long as we can have that, doesnt matter when you t-tc?
    Last edited by quincy1986; 26-04-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Worthy Lady

I have just purchased my first box of CW gold today. Pop 2 tablets as instructed during lunch. Has slight cramp in the afternoon. Is it normal? Also, can I eat the CW gold during AF?

Shez, congrats on finding something new that may suit you better.

Did you ask if you do fall preggie during probation, what will happen? Terminated or what?

It surely depends how "deep" the relationship is with your ex colleague. Ok I'm playing doctor evil here...I mean if you think you will never compromise on the current relationship with her, then you really have to keep to the no-trying to concieve for 5months. If not, who knows what tomorrow brings? Take the job (if you have already decided so) and continue trying to concieve.

Personally, I will not compromise my trying to concieve with a career opportunity. The former comes first. But that's just my case.

Hopefully you'll find a best solution for yourself

Pretz, CW doesnt cause cramping. At least not for me. Yes can be taken during AF too.

Hello shez.

Perhaps you should discuss with your hubby? The way I see it - it is a question of baby or career? It is not an easy decision to make. perhaps you can make a list of advantages and disadvantages for each choice and write it down so it is clearer.

assuming *touch wood* you can't conceive within these 5 months, you can't blame your husband or yourself on the choice you made.

Assuming you change job, you will also need to think of job security after you pop. Especially since you have only been there realistically for 11 months - 3 months probation plus 8 months pregnancy. The last 1 month usually cannot really work. Also, you would need to check if the company allows you to claim full maternity? There are some companies which only allow you to claim maternity only after 6 months post confirmation. Lastly, you also need to think of adapting to a new company environment, culture and colleagues and setting up a new marketing divison is not exactly a walk in the park. So new company for 11 months, baby pop, maternity then adapt again. Also, are you very sure what your friend said is true? What if you join and y'know things dont't go the way as said... Yahoo recently told employees no more working from home even whilst it has been a practice for the longest time so to me, nothing remains status quo - the world and the marketing landscape are changing too fast, all thanks to technology.

Assuming you stay on in your current company, that would also mean you might not be satisfied in the long run. Can you manage that? That said most mothers also quit after maternity.

Are you the easily adaptable sort?

I used to be in marketing so i can understand where you are coming from in terms of focusing on marketing and brand management instead of bao ga . i have recently changed role to cover both sales and marketing. And just 4 months ago, took on another country to look after. My boss was very understandable.

The way I see it - If the company is established and renowned, I am sure there is no way hr can blame you from getting pregnant and y'know discriminate you - otherwise you can just sue them or complain to mom and no established and renowned company want that publicity!! Perhaps you should also have a good chat with your friend and tell her your thoughts. Personally I feel that if he / she is a good friend or a good manager, he/she shouldn't be preventing you from doing what you want to do in your personal life. It's kinda like - oh I offer you a job now but dont't get married until mid year ok - cuz I need you to focus on the job not on wedding plans. I personally consider that discrimination.

Hope this helps? Sorry if I am being too soh!

Ooo I just read dragontail's post... Dr evil #2 in the making here

If i were you - I'd accept and continue trying to concieve. I mean you can always say, "oops I tried not to get pregnant but y'know accidents do happen. Even condoms are not 100% full proof. Surely you dont't expect me to be celibate for 5 months?!?" *puss in boots big big eyes*

My personal choice would be family over career. There are always career opportunities, $$$ can always be earned. But time, once gone is gone. And the harsh reality is, those eggs have a limited lifespan.

Worthy Lady

@Shez -
    My 2 cents worth : i think you need to think through your priority and what you want ultimately. As woman, i totally understand that we will like to have the best of both world ie both family and career. I envy those women who have it all high flying career with children and a happy family.

Anyway, just to share with you that I used to have a marketing colleague who was hired cos my boss thought she was past child-raising phase. She was 40+ then and has a boy in primary school. But she got pregnant during the 3 month probation. My boss was very sian and let her continue but it was her who resigned on her own accord cos she had to lug heavy things during events and hours were long too.. She could not take it as it was very siong and taxing physically during the pregnancy.

I am not sure how close you are with the hiring manager and things may get messy if you were to get pregnant midway through the job.

So i agree with the earlier posts that perhaps you may want to discuss this with your dear husband. You will definitely want his support and understanding during times like these...

Good luck!

Worthy Lady

Thanks ladies for your advice! And nope, definitely no dr evils around!

I'm having a face to face with the ex colleague/hiring mgr tomorrow. From my understanding, she said if I get pregnant during 3 month probation, I can only claim 2mths (from gov) maternity. And as the division is new, so she said it was best if I give her the full 9mth pregnancy notice. At least I work hard with her for 7-9 mths and then she can fight for budget to hire an asst for me. So I just wanna confirm if I will still get confirmed from d company just that I can only get 2 mths paid maternity.

I'm expecting my AF this weekend. 13dpo today (sat). Did a hpt on thurs but was BFN. If AF comes this weekend and the confirmation from hiring manager on the above is affirmative,
    we would take up d new job offer. And continue trying to concieve in d meantime and leave everything up to god.

Hubby said as long as we get a baby and is healthy, year beginning, mid year or year end baby is fine.

My current company is a small global agency. The main worry I have is 1. No advancement opportunities 2. Bad maternity benefits. My HR always jokes that maternity benefits will be cancelled and can only claim 8 weeks. So it's a case of both sides also 2 mths! Hahaha
    Last edited by Shez; 27-04-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Under the law, if employer can claim maternity if employee at least 3mths old. I think the new company still Good as still give you the leave, but on govt 2mths they Can't claim, Maybe that's Why she say only 2mths .

Pretz you eat on empty stomach?

Shez - have a good chat with her tomorrow and hope all good news!

Can you also opt for 1 or 2 additional months unpaid assuming you get pregnant within the first 3 months? I mean, better clarify... You never know if you want additional maternity in case.

Erm no . Agency also have to give 4 months maternity. Mandatory by law.

Are you moving from agency to client side?