Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; TGIS! Woke up from a strange dream and to an AF like cramp. Could sleep no more and now taking ...

TGIS!
    Woke up from a strange dream and to an AF like cramp. Could sleep no more and now taking a nice quiet stroll.

How's your weekend gonna be like?

Shez, I also feel that if all the benefits are better you can consider a change. If really pregnant, just say it's really unexpected they also won't blame you hehe. I believe we are here in this thread means all our priority is babies and family, career will be just secondary.

Worthy Lady

Thanks everyone for the advices once again!

Just used CB to test, and it's negative.

Littlej, though I'm in agency, I do mkting for the agency. Not account mgmt. so still in-house marketing to in-house marketing.

Prayinghard, yes definitely priority is baby and family. That's why hubby said can take up the job coz of better prospects and benefits. If full maternity can't be claimed, then we will just have to take no pay leave.

Thanks again ladies! Can't believe so many of you spent your Friday night helping me to analyze and giving me so much advice! Muacks! Greatly appreciated!

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Shez, could it be too early to test? I remember earlier on you did mention you a one day temp dip and rise ?? Thought it is implantation dip..

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    I had the same dilemma some time back too. Had a chat with my new boss and he asked me what my long terms plans were. He was hoping I would take my masters so that he could have a reason to promote me. I told him then I was trying for a baby. He actually told me that sometimes, there can only be one choice. I was depressed for a while and decided to continue trying for a baby, cos I'm not young anymore, if I wait for another year, the chances of getting a baby gets slimmer slimmer. I have decided to let go of the promotional aspect. If my boss wants to promote me, it would have to be based on my merits and if he is looking for just qualifications alone, I can't help him.

So you have to evaluate what your priority is now. Are you ok to put off trying to concieve for at least another 9mths? We need to listen to our hearts sometimes...

Worthy Lady

Praying hard, I had my one day dip on 5dpo, and am now on 13dpo. Am on a 31days ave cycle, and today is day 30.

for some of us who are concern about having cramps, i did some research online and found these:
    1) uterus contracting because the uterus lining have been shed in days of period.
    2) uterus growing/expanding because uterus lining thickening/ preparing for feotus growth
    3) infection
    4) signs of cysts
    5) uterine fibroids
    6) having period

if you r concerned or if the cramps worsens each time, please see doctor.

Good morning!

Dragontail - hope it wasn't a scary dream? And you breathed in freshest morning air, a nice and calm peaceful walk

My weekend - will have me alone time tomorrow - will be packing my second room - Bye bye to books and soft toys and Knicks knacks accumulated over the years. My man threatened that if I dont't clear he will throw everything away!!

Hi shez - glad you sorted your thoughts out. *hugs*

Hmm - I guess that is why they say mothers are the most 伟大. Having to make the choices we made.

I have this friend who is a high flyer, career woman, doing very well at an age of 46, bought her own apartment before she turned 27, single and no kids, planning to retire by 50. When I told her last year I was trying to concieve-ing, she said "why. You're doing so well in your career now, and you can go for nice holidays and buy nice stuff. why throw these all away for a baby.... And i cant believe you actually gave up an opportunity to move overseas because you want a baby. Do you know how many people would want to be in your shoes. Why are you so dumb and silly. You will be burdened with a lifelong debt and making undeserved sacrifices with a baby. And what if you try and still dont't get a baby...." Blah blah, it was a 20min long tirade. I realized then, that people make different choices, and sacrifices. She sacrificed relationship for the sake of career and a nice big house in rich man's district and half yearly holidays and a big fat bank account. I chose other sacrifices to make.

=)

Shez, maybe wait a few days then test again. Later you will be meeting your that ex-colleague and see how things go.

Ladies I know is weekend and it should be a happy day. But I just learned that my manager who just married for a month is pregnant 8 weeks now, which mean they succeed just only on their first try. Really envy them, married, got pregnant and new house coming in another 2 months time. All happen in a row. I am happy for her but deep inside my heart i feel very sad and pain. Why I need to check opk, EWCM, traditional chinese medicine, LRD avoid cold drink yet no result seen. And yet, good things just come so smoothly for them.

My dear husband is working now and I am being left alone. I am sorry to ruin all your Sat morning reading my rubbish. (hiding crying)

hey prayinghard, no worries. as you know, we have our rollercoaster rides here too. good to admit your feelings.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    *hugs* Prayinghard. I used to envy those who can get preggy easily too. It wasn't easy to see all my friends getting preggy one by one when I have to do all these silly monitoring that yielded no result. The day will come for you soon as long as you dont't give up. Maybe stress is really a factor...so it is maybe true that once you stopped trying to concieve, you get pregnant becos the burden and stress isn't there anymore. Relax, dont't think so much. Let things take their course becos stress, depression won't do you any good

Worthy Lady

@Prayinghard - dont be sad. you are not alone. I get really stressed out seeing my female colleagues go on maternity one by one and my male colleagues wives get pregnant and talking about their baby journeys. I also got those seniors in the office asking me why i m not pregnant and if there is something wrong with me. Really stressful and pissed. Just a few weeks ago, one of my subordinates asked me in front of everyone why i dont have baby while the rest are all getting preggy. I was so angry and mad that i burst out at him that i just have different priorities and i am not keen to start any family which was obviously a cover-up. i think my team got it then that they better not speak to me on trying to concieve. Worse i know my boss (who is a guy) asked one of my colleagues why i dont have baby and is it cos i cant. He came and told me. What's wrong with everyone?! They dont understand how hard i try but nothing happens. My parents dont even give me such sh*t. So dont cry, girl... i feel you.. crying while typing this too :_(

Prayinghard - big hugs to you. I have similarly gone through the same thing, aired my thoughts here as an outlet to vent. Please dont't give up. Big hugs big hugs big hugs.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitterystar:782994
    @Prayinghard - dont be sad. you are not alone. I get really stressed out seeing my female colleagues go on maternity one by one and my male colleagues wives get pregnant and talking about their baby journeys. I also got those seniors in the office asking me why i m not pregnant and if there is something wrong with me. Really stressful and pissed. Just a few weeks ago, one of my subordinates asked me in front of everyone why i dont have baby while the rest are all getting preggy. I was so angry and mad that i burst out at him that i just have different priorities and i am not keen to start any family which was obviously a cover-up. i think my team got it then that they better not speak to me on trying to concieve. Worse i know my boss (who is a guy) asked one of my colleagues why i dont have baby and is it cos i cant. He came and told me. What's wrong with everyone?! They dont understand how hard i try but nothing happens. My parents dont even give me such sh*t. So dont cry, girl... i feel you.. crying while typing this too :_(
    Huggies to prayinghard and glitterystar...its is okay to feel sad and down sometimes. .especially it seems that others seem to get pregnant so easily...but it is always impt to pick yourself up..get all the support you have from husband, family and friends....I do feel sad sometimes after my miscarriages. .thinking why other ppl's pregnancy seems to be so easy and smooth while me have to deal with miscarriages twice for the same year..
    Even now, I feel that I am unable to relax ..always worrying whether something will happen....
    Having said that, I believe in fate..whatever is mine will be mine..whatever that is not mine, no matter how hard I try to grab hold to it, it will still slip away...some ppl achieve their goals (having a baby) in a straightforward route..but others have to go through a roundabout and tedious way to achieve it...but I truly believe that everyone here would get our pot of gold sooner or later...

Thanks all for the consoling words but I think I need awhile to overcome my feeling now.

Glitterystar, may I ask how to face them because I am slowing experiencing it in my office. Now is one manager very soon will be the rest of the married colleagues.

Suddenly I want to stay at home dont't work but I now like this is too coward

we are feeling depress here is it really cos of progesterone? lol just a thought. dont tk me seriously

Worthy Lady

Hugs hugs!!!! Sometimes, we can't help but feeling sore. I was walking along the street last week and saw a young pregnant couple with 4 small kids in tow (all 4 calling daddy and mummy so definitely is their kids!) and the couple crossed the zebra crossing in front of the children, and never once did they look back to check if the kids crossed safely. Even when a car honked at someone else, they didn't check if it was their children. And the 4 kids are aged between 3-8 thereabouts! I was so angry, like you have kids and so many of them and yet you can't be bothered!

Prayinghard and glitterystar, no words to say but just know we are all here for each other. Through evil times, happy times, jealous times and sad times.

and through cheeky times

littlej...this high flyer friend of yours, lets wait a few years (when retired) and see how she feels about not having her own family !

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post

Speaking of chicken essence, I can't be the only one who loves the taste?! And do we drink it during tww or everyday after af ends?
    qinnnsenne

i drink Chicken essence everyday during 2WW and even continue for the first month of my first trimester

Worthy Lady

prayinghard

big hugs ~~
    i understand how you feel as i also been through the same journey..
    but i am really sure that you will see your rainbow one day.... and you will be a good mother..
    someone said before, god leave no one behind...

Littlej, I dreamt I had a bfp so couldn't sleep. Ha! Yes the walk was super nice. The roads were quiet and saw many cyclists doing their morning rounds along upper thomson road.

Maybe it's time to do recycling. I'm sure the "thrashing" can be gained by some other lucky ones

Prayinghard, glitterystar. I can totally understand what you're going through. I feel everyone is made differently. The moment I stop comparing, I find comfort. It's ok to cry....cry your hearts out! Remember there's always a time for everything. Cherish what you already have; have faith in what may come. Hugs.

Worthy Lady

Oh Quincy, cheeky times and horny times too! Bwahaha

Worthy Lady

fertility

I have testimonials from people who conceive if you keen can email me for info fashiongaga@gmail.com

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's one of my life's mantra.

And sometimes, being straightforward will just shut the mouth of those insensitive a**holes.

My story to share. My new boss is super pro family. And he absolutely loves to arrange for after office hours dinners where everyone is invited- the spouse and the kids. And i am the only one in the team with no kids. And my man hates social functions and he finds it a waste of time to attend such dinners just to haha, hee hee, and with people he doesnt care about.

So, The first time my boss arranged this dinner, I RSVPed for myself and my boss' wife even asked "oh you alone only". So I gritted my teeth and went and I was the only solo one, the rest came with spouses and kids. It was a stepford wives' interrogation after dinner (it was kinda like men sit one side talk, women sit one side with kids and talk arrangement). "oh no kids.. Oh aren't you lucky" (so sarcastic right), "are you trying" (bloody hell, why should I tell you), "why isn't your husband here" (insinuating oh is all ok at home, maybe got problems so husband not here and oh therefore no kids).... When I finally got home, I cried.

The second time my boss arranged dinner, again I went alone. But this time round I was smarter. When they asked "oh why husband not here", I replied "oh he's busy. I wanted to bring my dog as my date, I should do that next time". When they asked "so are you trying", Instead of being defensive, i said "yes yes we are. But as much as I wish, babies dont't fall from the sky. I'm thinking of ivf so I could pop twins or triplets and just at one go, be on par with all of you here". *sweet smile*

And honestly, that shut everyone up. As in no more interrogation after that. I guess they were embarassed at their probing ... And well, I think they were surprised by my blunt honesty. To me, I just imagined them as a bunch of annoying monkeys which made it easier for me to say what I had prepared myself to say. And to be honest, I felt so much stronger after that dinner. Unlike the first time round, I didn't let this bunch of monkeys get me down a second time.

I dont't know if my personal experience would help. God never gave up on mankind, how can we give up on ourselves.

And yeah, looking back- what doesn't kill you really makes you much stronger.