Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; missy10: yeap its a faint line... you can start to test twice a day... so many anniversary dates. hehe. my ...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

missy10: yeap its a faint line... you can start to test twice a day... so many anniversary dates. hehe. my rom and custom were on the same day too~ but my hubby not like someone who like to celebrates all this things .. valentine day also didn't celebrate haha cox all was too busy. LOL.. TVH: I had hsg like 1 yr plus ago. LOL. until now still same. but I dont remember to go and have a exact look at how it look like cox I was cramping like hell.. then my traditional chinese medicine asked me how my tube look like ( cox he says got some is straight smooth egg will roll faster or smth, then some is zig zag blah blah blah.. so ladies who are going for HSG remember to see hw issit. if can take a photo of it. I regret not taking any pic and I was not given back my scan as I done mine in NUH. =(

Qinn - are you ok? Hope the gynae visit went ok?

Dragontail - from ashes to ashes, dust to dust together with that and the home made painting and the hand knitted mat, hope you will have a sense of closure and peace. *hugs* and yes I think VD is a hallmark invented event! Hahaa I think everyday can be VD if you want it to be, not necessarily 14 feb.

I was given back my hsg scan. I had mine done at glen e. I remembered it was seeing the liquid flow - started out slowly and then started moving faster. I had the doc and the nurse talk to me so I was distracted. And I said a little prayer before I went in to y'know allay my fears and kept telling myself it won't hurt, thousands of women did it... Hahaha psycho-Ed myself but I thought it worked

gnissim - anyway, why would nuh keep the records?!? Shouldn't they return you the films and the report - it belongs to you, not the hospital?!? Can you request?

Dragontail, hugs....she will stay you forever now on..

shez, happy anniversary. I think me and my husband will celebrate ROM dates as they are more important cause its the day where both exchange vows to 承诺厮守终生.

gabrielle, yes it could be your implantation spot... Your signs are getting more and more. Looking forward to your good news.

Worthy Lady

Phew, I'm back online! (Eh, I should be sleeping...)

littlej: I'm 31 nia Orange... LOL! Think we're talking Pri VS Sec colours lol! BTW 大姐姐 when you mention you wanna send your lil' muffin off to boys' school, it means your hubby is old boy from boys school or you mean cos of affiliation our sons can go to C** High? I kpo cos I thought it doesn't work this way one hehe (cos my hubby is from C** High, so if your man also same then wah! So 有缘分!!! coughs, 校长 used to keep warn us against coughscoughs certain boys from a certain school in Bishan loh then her 宝贝 went ahead & married them lol)

Dragontail: hugs... 尘归尘,土归土... she's led a full life as your beloved companion for years - the bonds cannot be broken, and now she'll be forever with you, in your heart and memories. I hope you're feeling better, with a lighter heart, cos that's what she would want to see - your happiness... hugs!

Ok, now to the boring bits about my gynae visit --

Apparently I did, in fact, ovulate! Doc says he can see the corpus luteum! As to why my temps just didn't go up, he explained that it's not true for all women to have temp rise after O - it can happen, and it does happen very commonly, but it doesn't always need to happen, and told me to not have such preconception in my head & worry unnecessarily... :x Everything looks fine at the moment, he gave me progesterone to aid implantation (if any) & said to pray for the best lol I'm to see him on CD2/3 if the witch shows up (away with you!!! Go bother someone who really wants to see you!!!), or if God wills it, to see him 3 weeks later if the witch doesn't show up!

Is this the last post of the day? (looks around) I'm trying to not be the last (and first) poster of the day! :x
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 01-05-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Worthy Lady

hello ladies!!
    im back. lol

So busy the past few days with all the handover at work and i'm now a work-at-home-wife already.
    hopefully i get to be work-at-home-mom soon!

Im still waiting for my menses to come. honestly, just come already . make me wait for so long, dont't know for what.

Happy mid week break everyone!

Qinn - 小妹妹,早安!it's such a coincidence that 2 from the same school met on this thread - the world is so small isn't it? Nah, my man didn't study in a boys' school. I intend to move house + do parent volunteer + church affiliation (hopefully) - to get my lil' muffin into a boys' school.

Qinn - great to hear the gynae visit went well. Yeah i guess the body works in strange ways which science cant explain. It could be your wonky thermometer too did he tell you not to bd during this time too? go take brazilian nuts, drink chix essence daily, and lrd tea? may wanna try yoga for fertility too? anyway, will pray for you that it all goes well - many many baby dust!!

Pinklolita - oh lucky lucky you! So tomorrow starts your first day as a tai tai?

Worthy Lady

@LittleJ, TVH and Tricky - Thxs sooo much for the advice. What is the downtime for HSG? ie how fast can i get to work after that?
    I wonder why my 2 earlier gyns didnt even recommend me such HSG tests but just rush me into progesterone and clomid... hmmm...

Read some journal on the HSG and lapa Comparison of hysterosalpingography and laparoscopy in predicting fertility outcome
    In summary, "When comparing HSG and laparoscopy, we should keep in mind that both procedures provide more information than the condition of the Fallopian tubes alone. Whereas HSG provides information on the status of the intrauterine cavity, laparoscopy allows inspection of the intra-abdominal cavity, for instance to see if endometriosis is present. The latter has become especially important, since it was recently shown that laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis improves fertility prospects by 13% (Marcoux et al., 1997). Thus, in the final decision on the clinical value of HSG and laparoscopy, one should consider issues other than solely tubal pathology. When focusing on tubal pathology, we conclude that laparoscopy should not be considered as perfect in the diagnosis of tubal pathology. For clinical practice, we recommend that laparoscopy can be postponed until at least 10 months after a normal or one-sided abnormal HSG, whereas laparoscopy provides useful information immediately after a two-sided abnormal HSG."

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    There is no downtime for hsg test. It is a very simple process that last just 5 to 10mins. But you might experience some cramping during the procedure. Take some painkillers before you go. I cramped like mad during the procedure but maybe becos I was too nervous that the cathether got stuck in me and the doc told me to relax before she could pull it out. you can get back to work right after the procedure but you might want to wear a pantyliner because the liquid might flow out which I kinda gross for me. I had slight bleeding after that too but very very watery. When you call to make the appt, the nurse would prob ask you which cycle day to do the procedure.

I did my hsg at glene too. They gave me back the xray film and report after that. The explanation was done by my gynae.

hey everyone. happy hols.
    anyone can recommend me their gynae? i want to do hsg too.
    i want the gynae not so rough on me
    i encounter 1 before not very gentle one zzz...
    thanks in advance

Hi glittery - there is no downtime. For me, I did hsg on cd9. I Went for lunch, went to clinic 30min before hsg appointment to pop a painkiller (ponstan), did hsg 30min later, went home to zzz after that. I am thankful My experience wasnt as traumatic as tvh's (ouch - catheter stuck?!) - you need to find your own way to relax - that's very impt. painkiller helps too. Yeap, need to wear a panty liner after. I had some spotting after.

Hsg is typically scheduled 2 to 3 days after af. you cannot bd before that and you are also asked not to bd for up to 2 days after your hsg.

Well, hsg requires no op whereas lap is an op that requires ga etc. which one you think the doc earns more? for me, I did IUI. Then later hsg.

Btw, similarly to qinn - the gynae I went also suggested that I went back to him on cd 2 /3. Reason being, he wants to see the flow as he can then evaluate if there is a risk of endometriosis or others.

Personally, I feel if your doc insists on lap immediately, you should look into a second opinion. Whilst we should trust docs since they are the experts, I also feel that no surgery should be taken lightly...

Btw when I did my hsg, it was done by another doc at glen e at the hospital side. It is not done by my gynae.

Not sure if it is the same for tvh

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Mine was done by the doc at the radiologist clinic, not by my own gynae too.
    The cost was $280+ if I rem correctly. I've had friends who had their HSG done by their own gynae and he charged them $800+. You could just call the radiologist clinic and ask about the charges and make an appt.

thanks littlej & TVH
    anyone who has low pain tolerance like me?
    i am even afraid of blood tests and accupuncture (covers face)
    what pain killers you take before hsg?

and also recently i just had vagina ultrasound. doc didnt detect anything wrong. should i still go for hsg?

Happy holiday!!!

Had discomfort while BD this morning(bd last night was fine)

My lower abdomen hurts while im on top, think is it kkj hitting the opening of cervix? And my cervix is low?

Hi quincy - I have low pain tolerance. I fainted when I fell off my bicycle. I also fainted when I had my ears pierced (normal earlobe hole). I went for ga and had 4 wisdom teeth removed at one shot cuz I knew I could not tolerate removing wisdom teeth under local anasthetic. I took painkillers 2 days before af is due to arrive cuz I cannot take the cramps. I am also thinking of going for elective c-section cuz I think I will faint if I go for natural birth.

Erm - enough examples to show my ultra low pain tolerance

My gynae gave me one ponstan before hsg.

Vaginal ultrasound can't see the tubes that's why hsg is needed. I had no issues when I did vaginal ultrasound too but doc told me to go for hsg.

Erm as you know I am still deciding between two gynaes!!! Dr Peter chew was the one who helped me with my bfp. Dr chan kon hon was my original gynae and he asked me to go for hsg before any other invasive surgeries. Both gynaes are very gentle.

Dr chew is about 70+ (he delivered me). but he helped me with bfp with the womb massage and bd dates and herbal supplements. He was more thorough in my check up.

Dr chan is younger - about 60. His machines are definitely more advanced. he is more scientific.

Dr chan is more ex than dr chew.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Oh, sharing this booties i bought from qoo10.com.sg

So cute, then hubby insisted i must place on the bedboard as reminder....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130501_131902.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	103451  

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Quincy, I have low pain tolerance too. I super dread blood tests but, once you get pregnant, you would need to have your blood taken several times. Each time, my hands go cold haha...

If you have no gynae to recommend you, you can ask the radiologist clinic what painkiller you could take...I've read many took ponstan..

Missy10, the booties are so cute!!!

Littlej, you still have not't decided on your gynae?? I also want to faint!! then all along you have been seeing 2 gynaes?
    quincy1986 and littlej like this.

oh wow hugs! thanks babes <3
    just spoke to hubby about it. he is not aware of the pain though.
    but i have told him as women, we need to go through a lot. not sure if that message got to his head.

hubby felt that it is not necessary to go through anything at all.
    he feels we should just let nature take its course.
    generally guys are like that right?
    now i am wondering if i should just go ahead and not care him at all.

Worthy Lady

Happy holiday, ladies!

Shez: Happy anniversary! Do share how do you & your hubby spend this very special day together nia! (maybe I can get some inspiration)

littlej: 大姐姐,下午好!(feels so nostalgic!) Show you something that will definitely make you smile

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	533069_10151208671507785_1098391635_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	103454

The old pre-primary uniform! (Quick, after your little prince pops, go have a princess! ) I remembered sharing stories with my hubby about my beloved school, and his stories is total ROFL too! Boys can do wickedly hilarious things hahaha! Sometimes I do feel that it's our schools that brought us together too, besides hitting it off instantly of cos (lol Mr Dragontail asked for a lighter, my man asked for lecture notes!) - yes, two different schools, affiliated but still different nonetheless, but we do share common upbringing in school that nurtures us to be who we have become today. I'm forever grateful to the school, and 校长! When I went to JC, I kinda suffered from morning assembly withdrawals... :x Suddenly no kind, motherly 校长 to tell her daughters loving words - it's all mundane and so 官方-speak in JC... :x

Glitterystar: I've not had experience with lap or HSG yet (crosses fingers) but I've heard from littlej about how they work - I think both littlej and TVH offer very sound advice. Do seek a second opinion before proceeding with any invasive surgery yah? :x And keep us updated.

quincy: I would think I've high tolerance for pain at everywhere else except the vagina... :x I'm afraid of needles but not of the pain (actually I find drawing blood no feel one ), I fell down the stairs at home many many years ago & didn't really feel pain despite a lot of blood (required stitches), I've survived through a liver biopsy with very little reliance on painkillers (some at night cos it's really pain until cannot sleep), I've had a benign growth removed on my back near my spine on & after which I've used very minimal oral painkillers during recovery too... But first time bd? OMGWTFPAIN!!!! (I cried and scared my hubby :x) Vaginal ultrasound? OMGWTFDISCOMFORT!!!! :x You get the idea... So i fully expect hsg to hurt like a bitch for me too cos it involves sticking something up the vagina! (covers eyes) My gynae actually went "Relax, deep breath, alright good gal" when he's doing vaginal ultrasound for me lol I'm so hopeless!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Maybe you can try convincing your hubby that it is just like a regular health check? Like how you would go for pap smear every 2 yrs. This is simply fertility health check. Because I feel, after trying for so long, it might be good to have a check to see if there is anything that is creating an obstacle for the sperms to meet the egg. If not, every month is like shooting bullets that can never target bull's eye...

Hey quincy - My man also had the same thoughts as your husband. He's like - aiya can make out can create babies. Do so much for what. What's yours is yours. Anyway, I bo hiu him and just went ahead. I told him - Eh when you had a horrible golf game, you would immediately be researching and youtubing for various golf swings etc and even took golf lessons hoping to tweak your swing! So similarly, since we didn't manage to strike, we shall then seek help from the experts. Hahaha - he shut up after that :P

Oh Qinn - So nostalgic! Is that you? I spent 10 years in that school - Pri 1 till Sec 4. I love those times and such fond memories! Oh, I went back recently for the anniversary funfair and so many things have changed! It also feels different without 校长 around though. And OMG, you had so many operations - Gosh, hope you're all bright and healthy now. Please tell us you have stopped weeping after every BD session by now? :P For me, I had vaginal ultrasounds every 6 months for the past 5 years (Had an op 5 years ago so gynae wanted half yearly checks) so I'm pretty used to it by now. Experience makes perfect :P

Oh TVH - Erm, ok yes so I went to see Dr Chan 2 weeks ago and Dr Chew a week ago. I have to decide by mid May before the 20 week scan!!! My man was like - Thank goodness you were decisive when you chose me as your partner :P

Missy10 - Such cute booties! And erm I dont't know why it hurts.. I never encountered before... Maybe others may be able to shed some light?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Missy10, what kind of pain are you experiencing? I do notice I feel uncomfortable if I'm on top with my back straight...but if i bend forward a little, it's ok...could be the kkj angle problem....try adjusting your position?

hey everyone thanks for all your advises.
    and qinnnsenne ouch??!!
    i'm starting to feel lesser pain from wearing heels though. i hope thats my improvement? haha

today i am on my CD10. i might ovulate in a few days. so for this cycle i am going to bd. next cycle will do my persuasion. i hope i'm right?