Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Morning all ladies.... Slept too early and im awake taking temp at 630am I wanna snakey so much.... my dad ...

Morning all ladies....

Slept too early and im awake taking temp at 630am
    I wanna snakey so much.... my dad is a snakey, in lunar calendar, snake always 克 pig, my dad dote on very very much, im the only child, so wanted to give him a snakey grandson....

I did went to TPY 双林寺 yesterday n pay respect to 注生娘娘, no eggs available in the temple

Btw I went pee twice this morning.... once got the transparent discharge, the 2nd time was brownish discharge.... that scene make me cant go back to sleep
    Last edited by Missy10; 03-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.

morning all. after i slept i had baby dream. i dreamt my baby grew up to be a student leader =.=

Tgif ladies.

Missy10, it could be ovulation spotting. I think I had that 2 weeks ago.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Morning ladies.

Littlej, ya will be going for the 20th week scan. My gynae said after that scan, i should be 90% safe. Sti not 100% :/

On my way to the gynae, update you ladies later.

TGIF everyone!!

Female Attendant

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hi
    I am new to this forum. I have been trying to concieve for as long as i can remember. I went to a traditional chinese medicine and she said my body is very cold. Any idea what I should avoid? traditional chinese medicine speaks only chinese and I speak only english. so it is like chicken and duck talking. it is like i bring a photo each time i see her to ask if i can eat this or not. anyone has a list or somethign for food to eat to make body 'hot'. I had 2 failed IVFs and reason by Dr none. reason by traditional chinese medicine is body is too cold so eggs cant live inside. she also mentioned about my uterus lining is too thin. any idea how to make it thick naturally?

morning ladies and welcome joyfully. Didnt have time to catch up these last few days.
    Im out for snakey as well, Im on cd3 already and still satisfied I didn't get much spotting this time round again. my cycle is definitely improving.
    My Dad is horsey (and Chinese) so he'll be very happy for sure to have a horsey grandchild.

Joyfully, cut out all cold drinks. Even water should be room temperature. Maybe the ladies here can recommend you their traditional chinese medicine as there are a couple of very good ones (I dont't go to traditional chinese medicine)
    Am also considering reflexology for fertility. I know it's very popular in London but not sure about Singapore

hi joyfully
    agree with tricky. there are traditional chinese medicine docs who speaks english

but here's a guide:
    1) avoid all drinks and food that are cold, like frozen. e.g sashimi, salad, chilled sandwiches, ice coca cola etc.
    2) have yomeishu or dom every night just before you sleep.
    3) drink longan red date tea, preferably at night.
    4) food with ginger are heaty in nature. you can take more.
    5) avoid barley drink, coconut drink, watermelon drink, cooling herbal tea.
    6) do not have wind blowing against your womb.

i'll check out if there's a list of food you can take more
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Hi Joyfully, i have cold uterus too and have low energy (qi), low and thick blood, and alot body toxins, mc 2 times. i suggest to get a bff or someone who knows chinese to go traditional chinese medicine with you so you can know better.
    Here's a good read regarding uterus cold Prevention of Uterine Cold |Traditional Qi
    Also read the foods to avoid and eat more: Food
    btw i also doing ovaries moxibustion at this salon. It helps warm the tummy.
    Good luck~

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: will have ovulation spotting?

Welcome joyfully.

Gnissim, I also learnt about it couple of months ago! Someone here mentioned it so I did a research. Apparently when the egg gets pushed out from the ovary, there might be a reaction that causes a little spotting. That's in a nutshell .

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:784854
    Welcome joyfully.

Gnissim, I also learnt about it couple of months ago! Someone here mentioned it so I did a research. Apparently when the egg gets pushed out from the ovary, there might be a reaction that causes a little spotting. That's in a nutshell .
    It means I do ovulate!!!! Hahahaha.... poas at 948am, line was lighten.... so weird....

so do i stop my DOM now??

And my temp isnt any higher, so FF cant detect my ovulation yet

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Just finished my gynae visit...still can't see gender cos baby is in breeech position and gynae said I have a low placenta which blocks the baby's buttock, he also said the low lying placenta might cause bleeding later on. Sigh. The upside is my baby is growing well...

Quote Originally Posted by TVH:784859
    Just finished my gynae visit...still can't see gender cos baby is in breeech position and gynae said I have a low placenta which blocks the baby's buttock, he also said the low lying placenta might cause bleeding later on. Sigh. The upside is my baby is growing well...
    TVH - dont walk too much then.... n dont wear any more heels.....
    Baby is growing!!! Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    TVH - Great that the baby is growing well. The little baby is now happily moving around so it so happens it was in a breech position. Dr Chan spent 20 min scanning so I could see the kkj. A week later, when I went to see Dr Chew - he only spent 2 min scanning and he couldn't see the sex. So dont't fret ok.

As for low lying placenta - You've gotta be careful especially doing yoga. Let your instructor know. There are certain positions you can't do and there are also poses you can do to strengthen. It's also not as uncommon as you think. THe 3 yoga classes I went to - There were women who indicated they had low lying placenta so the instructor gave them different poses.

Missy10 - no more alcohol!

Missy10, once you have a positive opk which is yesterday right? dont't need to poas anymore, you will then need to wait 12-36hrs for the egg to be pushed out. Thereafter, you will see a hike in temp.

Welcome, joyfully.

TVH, so cute the baby playing with you. Healthy growing inside mummy yeah

Dragontail - Oh, you pay a visit to the orphanage every year?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Tvh! More bed rest for you. Hope baby will swim to the correct direction.

Yesterday I was watching Dr Jin on channel you. The Mother so brave ask doctor to operate on her without any anesthesia to save her baby as her child is breech position and also the baby pressing on the cord may die due to lack of oxygen. So touched. T.T

Worthy Lady
    Missy10: yay for ovulating! as for the temp, I'll say dont't worry too much - according to my gynae with an ultrasound done on CD 20, I confirmed have ovulated (can see corpus luteum) but my temp remained low, as in pre-ovulation low for at least 2 days post ovulation (taking CD 19 as the day I ovulated, but it could have been any day between CD 14 & CD 19) & only rise on CD 23. Therefore if going by FF, it will probably tell me I ovulated on CD 22, which I know, through the ultrasound that it's not true. I spoke with my gynae & he looked at my bbt, he said the temp rise that comes with ovulation is very common, but should not be taken as the One Thing that must occur to confirm ovulation as some women dont't get temp spikes so much, & to not have preconceived ideas & worry unnecessarily. I suspect I have a spot of ovulation bleeding last cycle too, but this month I've none - so I suppose it's not a must either.

gnissim23: the above is for you too Gynae says nothing to worry, I've ovulated but temp is just not reflecting that (& it apparently doesn't always). He gave me meds to help implantation (if any), if the witch comes I've to see him on CD 2/3, if not (praying hard!) then see him 3 weeks later

TVH: Congrats on a very favourable scan! As long as your baby is healthy, no worries about the gender yah
    little: 大姐姐,午安! you're eating for two nia, perfectly normal to eat more! I'm also eating a lot, but I'm not eating for two! Just me being 馋嘴

So much to catch up on just after night+morning (the android app kept force closing & I couldn't reply!), I'll reply properly later!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thanks ladies for your encouragement

Gynae said he hoped the placenta would move up at later stage. If not, I couldn't go for vaginal birth, it would defnitely have to be c sect. So sad...I really want to push my baby out. The placenta was alsp blocking baby's buttock so couldnt tell. I could see the buttock but can't see got Kkj or not haha.

Oh thanks littlej, will let the yoga instructor know. To think I'm still doing so mucb stretching at home -__-"

Quote Originally Posted by prayinghard:784878
    Missy10, once you have a positive opk which is yesterday right? dont't need to poas anymore, you will then need to wait 12-36hrs for the egg to be pushed out. Thereafter, you will see a hike in temp.

Welcome, joyfully.
    qinn n praying - I have had brown discharge this morning, so it may be the egg was already pushed out in the middle of the night, that caused the ovulation bleeding, as what dragontail mentioned and I done some readup,
    Littlej - Actually I stopped DOM last night, and starts my 2WW journey from today!!!!

Worthy Lady

@TVH - Good that the baby scan went well! Dont do any heavy lifting and rest & relax more. Must be exciting to know that you are carrying a life i wish my turn will come soon. hahah.

Welcome Joyfully!

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: oh.. thanks! Haha. Cox I always thought must have temp hike immediately.. but I didnt experience o spotting before. But kind of having abit of breast pain yesterday (7dpo).. zzz. Wondering issit telling me my AF coming.

Tvh n littlej: congrats on your healthy baby! And littlej for having a baby boy that you wanted am I right?

Missy10:sometimes maybe cox too much water so urine dilute. But nornally after positive I will just BD 12 hours later. I wun want to test again to cause more worries. Lol. So actually after positive can dont test alrrady.

Worthy Lady

@Missy10 - Gyn told me not to test the first stream of urine in the morning. Subsequent ones after 3hours is ok. Gnissim is right that once you get positive, no need to test again.