Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; "Impurity doesnt exist in the body; but in the mind". So I was enlightened by some shifu. Also thought cant ...

"Impurity doesnt exist in the body; but in the mind". So I was enlightened by some shifu. Also thought cant hold joss sticks during Af. I was silly then.

Thanks for the prayers, missy10 and littlej. Thanks for the love.

Hehhe I heard of someone having menopause at 40plus I scared! But my period started late...so I think I shouldn't be a worry freak.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Thanks for all the prayers. Yeah horsey! traditional chinese medicine say rest few cycles then try . Hope I can aim a spot-on for a Taurus boy then! Time to calculate n see which cycle :x

Worthy Lady
    Prayers-ful Sunday, indeed I prayed for all of us during morning mass, too. Let's hope it's a good month for all of us still trying!

littlej: O.O doc says to see him 3 weeks from last visit (which is about 2 weeks after a missed af), I'm only intending to poas a week after missing af, in my hubby's opinion doesn't even need to buy hpt since a missed af until our scheduled appointment literally just means bingo already, he just told me that when we passed by Guardian & I was checking out some hpt!! I'm not feeling positive though, I'm even gonna buy some new cotton panties comfortable enough for the witch's pads! :x But I agree with the doc - rather safe than sorry... you've made the right decision to forgo TW!

Dragontail: my doggies say hello on the previous page~ (heads-up if you missed it lol)

Littlehamster: How's your cramps? Hope you're feeling better! :x Taurus! My hubby is one

prayinghard: I'm gonna sound like a broken record if I repeat what littlej has said - but honestly, do seek a second opinion. If you're not seeing a gynae (a reputable, good one - cos I've heard enough stories about some of the half-arsed ones in Kandang Kerbau Hospital), I highly recommend that you see one for a thorough checkup. Maybe I'm more ang mo style (I'll argue to this, but for the viewpoint of western vs eastern in medicine field, at least for fertility issues, I've a slight bias for western), I believe in traditional chinese medicine for building the body's foundation (从根本到养生), and for intricate matters such as digging deep into my body's mechanisms to find out what's dysfunctional, I can't rely on just traditional chinese medicine. I've had very differing views from traditional chinese medicine before - 1 told me that my body is cold, the other say it's hot... I believed the one who could tell me I've had an almost-failed liver - and that is the one who said my body is hot. My point is - never give up upon words from one single doc. I believe in their expertise, yes, but i truly only believe in God. And I'll not give up ever with God's grace. Hugs, if you wanna talk just PM ok?

An update - I'm on 6 dpo (at least, or I can be 10 dpo for all I know lol), no symptoms at all, no late night peeing, no sore boobs, no nausea, no nothing! :x it's OK though, I am really fond of horsey

Worthy Lady
    To prayinghard again - I mean no offense to your sinseh, but I personally feel sinsehs & gynaes / docs should remain positive, & to positively influence their patients to think positively as well. I can understand the sinseh's concern about a likely third mc (which hasn't happen or may never happen as far as I'm concerned) & the emotional & psychological impact it would have on you, but stating a 'possible maybe only' that hasn't come to pass as if it's already happened - this negativity, is what puts me off. No offense to anyone who's also seeing the sinseh...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

To Qinnn, Oh!!!! Your doggies!!! Yes yes just went back to check it out. Awww....so sweet.... It was the retriever who recently joined his (?) friends up there? Who is the cute fellow next to him? Dogs are full of cuteness and kindness I cant take it!!!

Oh you're in your 2ww. Hee best is no symptoms because sometimes all these funky symptoms are just merely progesterone playing games. I've had many months feeling preggie during 2ww....but it was the month I felt nothing when I strike. Ha. Good luck anyway

I'll be taking a break from traditional chinese medicine for a bit. No.. I'm not giving up on trying to concieve. As least not yet. I just want to not overdrown my mind with tcc for the beginning of horsey. But I'll still be good to drinking dom, bazhen soup, warm drinks/ginger drinks/chix essence, etc.

Qinn, l had discussed with my dear husband on this too, he also say dont't need to purposely stop trying. We will still try normal and at the same time I may go to another traditional chinese medicine (recommended by my colleague) to seek help. Not that I give up on Dr Su, but since my colleague say she recommend a few go all can see result, she say no harm go try.

hey Thelay sorry for my late reply.
    you know what? it could be a boy

prayinghard my colleague told me traditional chinese medicine needs time.

i am thinking of working on weekends. a bit bored at home

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Prayinghard, dont't be disheartened. I also only conceived after seeing Dr Su for 3mths. It's not immediate though I believe it wasn't just traditional chinese medicine alone that helped me conceive. Taking care of what you eat and taking supps helps too.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    My traditional chinese medicine also advise me to rest few months to build up the womb, if not I'll have repeated and reoccurring mcs forever. Praying hard: dont't give up, think positive.

Quincy and TVH, I understand that traditional chinese medicine needs time but I had seen Dr Su for 8months already. Sometimes I feel very tire waiting. i always took 2 hours waiting and perspiring and when it's my turn its always less than 5 min check. So since my colleague recommend I also dont't mind going there to try.

Worthy Lady

prayinghard: how about visiting a gynae too, on top of seeing the sinseh? I believe in a holistic, two-pronged treatment for total well-being I know my big sis littlej sees Dr Wu at AMK, you wanna give this sinseh a try, maybe? :x I know it's very discouraging, especially after your losses, and months and months of traditional chinese medicine with no visible results, but hang in there - it will eventually work out. To share a story -- my ex-colleague and friend lost her first child at almost 6 months (conceived naturally), it was traumatic to say the least for her... And the first IVF failed. But eventually, on the second IVF, she has a baby gal at the end of her long trying to concieve journey. All is not lost.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail: Dogs are the bestest friends ever! (My bff would protest to this lol) Yes, she's the doggie who joined her family & kin up there... The one beside her is a neighbour's doggie My immediate neighbour to the right has a Schnauzer I should go around the estate and snap photos of all the dogs! (There's lovely pair of retriever and husky just down the other road) There's this really cute (and lazy) chow chow! Lovely owners, lovely dog. When I was younger, one of my neighbours had a pair of dobermans - they can be fierce guard dogs, but they were never aggressive - well-trained I would say. I'm very fond of big dogs hahaha!

quincy: Thanks for liking! How are you doing?

hey qinnnsenne thanks for asking
    me and hubby thinks its boring on weekends.
    we are both thinking of looking for part time on weekends. i think my egg popped today. hubby just got horny and we bd. good luck to my t-tc while i'm working

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:785440
    hey qinnnsenne thanks for asking
    me and hubby thinks its boring on weekends.
    we are both thinking of looking for part time on weekends. i think my egg popped today. hubby just got horny and we bd. good luck to my t-tc while i'm working
    Good luck quincy!! Jia you!!

Worthy Lady

quincy: Yay!!! Nothing beats having an egg (or two - no one would mind, I think ) bursting out of their containing follicles every month! Hoping to hear good news from you two weeks later hehe! Oh my, boring, really? Me and hubby wish it's weekends (weekends that we dont't need to work) every day lol What part-time are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    quincy: Yay!!! Nothing beats having an egg (or two - no one would mind, I think ) bursting out of their containing follicles every month! Hoping to hear good news from you two weeks later hehe! Oh my, boring, really? Me and hubby wish it's weekends (weekends that we dont't need to work) every day lol What part-time are you looking at?
    hopefully paper work but i know wont be so good life. hubby on the other hand wants more hands-on work. because he is not computer savvy :/

i'm assuming i got egg because i got bodyache on my right and then on my left @.@ hopefully the ache is not because of cyst.

thanks qinnnsenne n Missy10
    good luck to all too

Hello hello!

Prayinghard - glad you're looking into a second sinseh opinion. So let us know how it goes yeah? And if you need a gynae recommendation, let us know. And well dont't stop believing We're all here to support one another *big hugs*

Quincy - what kind of pt job?

Dragontail - you ok? you going to stop seeing dr wu? Actually I agree with qinn that traditional chinese medicine helps to adjust overall not just trying to concieve purposes... Maybe hmm, you can see her less regularly perhaps? You kinda sound a little sad... Maybe it is the af hormones talking... Or maybe I am just over thinking. Anyway, big big hugs to you.

Qinn - which part of Europe are you going?

Maybe it is the weather but it seems like a pretty melancholic Sunday. I'm not exactly having a great Sunday myself too. Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones but just had an awesome cry-out. Just feeling alone. My hubby has been super busy with work since the year started and working late nights so I have been having more dinners on my own, going to my mum's place on my own, going to bed alone, packing the room on my own... I am pretty understanding and dont't expect him to drop everything just because of me and in fact appreciate that he still makes time to see the doc with me and commits to our three dates a week.. But I suddenly realized that I am no different from a single mum in a way. given we also agreed during trying to concieve that I can't expect him to be super hands on with the baby as his goal is to retire by 50.... I guess, I am now trying to come to terms that in a way, I guess my expectations change but yet it is not fair for me to impose my newly changed expectations on him.

Oh well. tomorrow will be a better day! And I better not cry too much cuz I dont't want a crybaby too!!!

*hugs to myself*

(*me surfing on ASOS now - feeling kinda better )

hey littlej, i'm having some personal issues too. thats y we decided to go out do part time job.

hugs. you r not alone k.
    we women must love ourselves more

Worthy Lady

quincy: paper work pt job might not be that easy to come by, especially if you're only wanting to work weekends - maybe a more hands-on one would be fulfilling too No, we think it has to be O pains, and nothing to do with nasty cysts :x (You've had cysts?) I think you can try OPKs - they've helped so many ladies here in pinpointing the few days leading up to O

littlej: I'll be landing in London Stay a couple of days to do some visiting the old profs, and another couple of days in France for some light shopping lol Then we'll be headed for our real honeymoon destination - Norway! I've heard Norway is beautiful in Spring, didn't get the chance to visit the country years ago after graduation, and I'll still miss the possibility of seeing northern lights, but I can't wait for end of the year before I go - I do fully intend to be (hopefully) preggers by then already, Goodness gracious!

Dragontail: Taking it easy for a few months - meaning lots of bd, just not the whole hog of OPK+gynae+traditional chinese medicine, might be a good, and well-deserved relaxation from a very stressful on-going journey. I know you're not giving up, and you never know when the good news will come knocking Mostly when we least expect it, and when we expect the worst - there's always a silver lining, light at the end of a dark tunnel, and a window left opened

Worthy Lady

littlej: BIG HUGS!!! We all feel down once in a while, I'll expect you to be more susceptible to emotions cos of pregnancy hormones! Nothing wrong with crying it out - beats bottling things up in any case- and I'm sure your hubby is in fact working hard now so that he can be all yours after he's 50 Can I say my hubby has the same goal in life - to make lots of money, flourish the family vault and to retire by 50, then, he'll tour the world with me. :x In his grand plans, there's no place for children, you'd realise. I would not be surprised, if not for a very traditional family upbringing -where it's expected of sons to have children, he'll honestly not mind not having any. I know you've no doubt about your hubby's commitment to the family, but doing most everything yourself can get really lonely... :x I would know, cos I work long hours, even on weekends. And my hubby works long hours too, also including weekends. We've been wanting to catch a movie (Ironman 3!) but have not't been able to squeeze time out for it since it screens... :x Once a weekly date would be considered a luxury, if not for the trying to concieve business, we wouldn't have allocated time for 3-4 times bd a week. (That's why we got by with not bd-ing until almost a year into marriage... cos he's too busy to really be upset about it lol) So, you're still very fortunate 大姐姐

Hey Quincy - hope it all sorts out for you. It might be a bit difficult to get a paperwork type of weekend job though. Hmm... Anything else you would be keen on? Ya, 我们要自爱!

Hey qinn - thanks for the consoling words 小妹妹!erm seriously no bd until one year later? No wonder the lees are so darn worried you and your hubby put in insane time at work - actually I used to be like that - working till 2/3am on weekdays then weekends as long as there is available time, i will be working too. I can meet my friends, get home around 11pm and switch on my laptop!! I made a conscious hard stop when I realized this is so not worth it especially if you're working for a corporation - or a corporation like the one I work for anyway (many many non-Asians / non-Singaporeans). So now I decided to take it easier... I still complete what I have to do and a little more but I won't like 'biah' so much and take on like another 100%. But i guess to each his own, most importantly - you must enjoy what you are doing just remember that time waits for no man, you are only young once so live your life! Btw, ironman is so not worth it (in my opinion)!

Qinn - oh I love London! And hah - a little shopping in France - did I hear right?? never been to Norway but oh wow - I am sure it is beautiful. Lucky you!!! Hahaha it is good that you and hubby take time off to go on a long long holiday. Me and my man - Our longest holiday is like 5 days - that's the longest he is willing to take time off his work.

littlej, awww.... how about asos AND zalora AND zappos?

Hope you're feeling better now that it's TOMORROW! I know what you mean.... I feel it too when my hubby starts his new semester (part time studying) and it can be 5-day week of night classes. Even on weekends when he is supposedly "free", all he wants is catch up on his sleep and laze at home. Actually just last weekend, I couldnt take it (no part-tall during weekend) anymore and woke him up from his nap and said "SO ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE ME OUT FOR DINNER OR NOT???!!". After that I felt rather bad . Yes, I could eat alone and let him do what's "important". But I guess it was that moment I felt I needed attention. We all need that sometimes, dont we? I'm sure your dear knows what you're going through... so in some way, you aint alone. And no, you are very different from a single mom. I'm sure his goal is inclusive of you and the little muffin

qinnn, littlej, I'm not feeling sad. Actually I got a little enlightenment from my prayer just now. I just like to go easier from this cycle onwards and yes, things come when you least expect it. I know God is taking care of me and I feel fulfilment comes in many forms. I hope to feel fulfilled in those ways, along the way

qinnn, wahhh I'm so envious! Please take pics of northern lights and post it here when you're back ok! Go enjoy the honeymoon you both well deserved.

I actually went to visit the bengal cat again just now. I noticed she likes to tap her forelegs. Lightly. You know, like michael jackson moonwalking except that she never moves lol. I've seen some youtube clips that some kitties enjoy doing that. Usually on something soft. As I've never owned a cat before, I'm curious about their body language. Do you know what that action might mean? Or it just doesnt mean much?