Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by qinnnsenne Missy10: thanks! Good luck to you too - soar soar SOAR to greater heights our temps ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    Missy10: thanks! Good luck to you too - soar soar SOAR to greater heights our temps & stay UP! based on last month bbt my temp only drop on CD 2, how about you? Drop on first day ugly auntie shows up? :\
    yeah.... that morning when I saw the temp dropped so drastically I knew ugly aunty come visit....

Poohy, you are different because you are a mother have to take care your kid which can drain your energy already. By the way, I hope that by next week you will see beautiful egg and success in your IUI.

Gnissim, I rem that time happysoul also sick before she tested BFP, so am keeping finger cross for you ok.

Welcome lovebaby, glad you enjoy reading. Share with us about yours too.

Another long working day and I just stuck in the bus stop. I had missed 3 buses of mine already all bus drivers dont't want to even open the door for us to board the behind is still not full yet why can't they just put in an effort to ask those passengers to move in. Angry PMSing now arghhhhh

Worthy Lady

Haaa... omg you guys are awesome! There are so many terms that I go cracking my head on.
    @ Worthy Lady, can share what is luteal phase?

Dragontail, I have been trying since Dec n no luck. Haa... I also went Zu Sheng Niang Niang, visit chinese physician, drink logan tea, wear socks to sleep etc haaa.
    Oh I also tried preseed heee.... But then, can you enlighten me with all the temperature thingy? Dpo? Cd? Haaa pls pardon for my ignorance. you guys are pro!

Worthy Lady
    prayinghard: you got on bus yet? :x My bff has been complaining of the bus service that she takes to go to work too - if she missed one, the waiting time is 20-25 min during morning peak! So confirm late already...

Dragontail: my dad is typical overprotective dad with an only child (gal) - he still knocked on my door even when I am all grown up, when he came home late, to come into my room & say 'good night daughter' I've convinced him that homicide is a truly horrible deed to do, regardless of a cheating lying bastard or not, so he has downgraded to the beat to a veggie pulp thing lol

Missy10: Your signs are clear then - for me it takes a few days after O to rise, and one day after the ugly Auntie comes visiting to drop, like gives me false hopes on af morning! :x

Worthy Lady

@Praying hard, I hate the bus drivers at time especially morning peak. 3 buses can come together all at one time n if missed then good luck cos it would means a 15-20mins wait. Super irritating and I have complained a couple of times. I understand your pain.

Worthy Lady
    lovesbaby: hello hello! I'm no pro, have only officially wanted to try for a baby 3-4 months ago (obviously not preggers yet), but some of the terms used here --

dpo = days post ovulation
    Cd = cycle days

The temp thing is bbt charting, I'm sure one of us has a link to the abbreviations somewhere...:x

Worthy Lady

Good night everyone, we should sleep early as it increases the chances of conceiving as well - from Chinese Physician's point of view. Chat tomorrow.

Worthy Lady
    lovesbaby: noob here will try tell you about the bbt thing --
    Basically, buy an basal temp thermometer from Guardian or Watson, take your temp every morning at a fixed time (my gynae is very strict on the fixed time but many agree that within 30 min span is OK). Take your waking temp right after you are awake, dont't get up to use the toilet or move around, just lie in bed & take it then record down. (I use Fertility Friend app to chart) you can search 'bbt trying to concieve' & find out in detail how it works.

Worthy Lady

Worthy Lady, thanks for explaining the terms. Me too! I "officially" started in Dec as well.
    Do you guys have long cd too? Mine about 35 days.

Qinn, yup I had finally got on the bus and just reaced home. Nowadays not only driver never ask passengers to move in for the rest to board, even passengers also like 不自动. Faint.

Lovebaby, I hate it especially too when I wanted to faster go home ended up also reach home late. So sian. Good nite and sweet dream to you haha I think you had seen wrongly on the nickname. For those like female attendant, worthy lady, etc are some terms used by mummy sg itself. Our nicknames are above those words you see.

Worthy Lady

lovesbaby: my cycle is 30 days

BTW ladies, not sure if this is already common knowledge (cos I'm such a blur noob) - I've just found out that pao shen is cooling! I never knew that! I've been buying chicken essence with pao shen and cordyceps cos I like the taste, but due to unknown guiding forces this month I've been buying the traditional pure chicken essence. Asked the traditional chinese medicine shop on a whim about pao shen and its properties and was told it's cooling... :x

Quote Originally Posted by lovesbaby:786105
    Worthy Lady, thanks for explaining the terms. Me too! I "officially" started in Dec as well.
    Do you guys have long cd too? Mine about 35 days.
    welcome lovesbaby,

Me too, offically started after my wedding in Dec 2012, but started BBT only last month, because we tried blindly, so decided on BBT to trace ovulation

Not as pro but can share abit....
    as what qinn said, buy thermometer, take temp before you get out of bed every morning n record it down.... you can have a look of my sample below

I have 39 days cycle last month after ovulation will be the luteal period before the ugly aunty visit....

Mummy cooked "go lei" chicken soup for me..... its so concentrated (3bowl water to 1 bowl essence) it was suppose to heat up the body too.... for those who dont like the taste of bazhen can try this.... taste so much better.... but cant have too much.... as it really very "warm"

Ps. She did add a little pao shen to cool abit, she scare i nose bleed by taking medicine n the soup together

Yesterday she heard her friend gave her trying to concieve daughter 2 dosage and got preggy, so she cooked for me today
    Mummy always the best..... mother in law dont even bother to ask....
    Last edited by Missy10; 07-05-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Worthy Lady

prayinghard: Passengers are rarely 自动, it's up to the driver and the occasional outspoken passenger to tell them to move in! Rest earlier!

We are trying to concieve-ing!

Missy10 - what's the difference between go lei and zhen?

Hello lovesbaby - your nick very sexy ya bbt needs discipline and perseverance. And sometimes can be a tad bit disappointing but well always have to think positive. Go try!

Me - Whilst i was cheated on before, i still have a more tolerant attitude towards cheating partners (but I have no tolerance for those who cheat with the country where Quinn's sis in law is from). I mean if my man cheats then as I said before woe befall the kkj... But i have good friends of both sexes who are both cheaters (ppl who cheat) and cheatees (ppl who are with the cheaters). I will advise and say my piece. But beyond that, this person is my friend, good friend, best friend. Whatever he or she does in her personal life is not within my judgement. Only god can judge. I won't cast aside him / her just because he / she is having an affair. Sometimes, I feel that people in the affair are also hurting, especially those who are in the long term ones. Just my two cents anyway.

I have been very spoilt. Ever since I had the bfp, I have not't been taking public transport. My man didnt want me taking the bus and mrt during the first trimester so hahaha I either took cab or drove or got him to drive me I guess it helps that my company is flexible enough to allow us to work from home so I dont't need to go to office everyday and work need not start strictly at 9am so I can go in office later and escape the erp and peak hours. Anyway, yes I know i am so terrible and spoilt. But my consolation is I have not't been going out much too No more late nights with friends and no more alcohol so hahaha whatever I save on midnight surcharges and alcohol have been channeled to daytime transport so terrible of me I know. But I think as i start to show, I will start taking public transport again - must make full use of "pregnancy privileges"!

Oh qinn - if you ever do open a shop, you can consider having it as a social enterprise. facebook you dont know meh... Think harder... The "b" is another word for 'friend'

Imperial Concubine

littlej- my scan is only to see if the eggs grow to the correct size. So if good size already, they will then arrange for IUI the next day bah. Same process....have to rush the precious bottle to hospital haha....you know, the last round we did IUI, my hubby tried to collect at the clinic so that he dont have to rush thru traffic to submit, but alas...worst! he said he feel super stress! and becoz of that, of coz the output is low and it wasnt successful. So this round, we said he shall do at home! haha.

welcome lovesbaby!

prayinghard- thanks! really hope to see good eggs this round. last time when they couldnt see the eggs grow and i spent so much money on scans....

Mid week!!

How's the temp going this morning missy10?

is everyone counting down to weekend?

Worthy Lady
    It's Wednesday!

Dragontail: I'm not looking forward to weekend! Af is due to visit on Saturday

poohy: your eggs will grow big big & nice nice!

littlej: I got it ! b for buddy right...

Worthy Lady

**Dear all, pls forgive me if I wrote the wrong nick haaa.

@Praying hard - Haaa its exactly the same I wake up early to go office and ended up late becos of the stooopid bus. Haaa... thanks for highlighting. I probably see the wrong nick. Will note its the ones in pink instead.

@Qinn, 30 days is still ok at least nearer to 28 days (norm) haaa i think 35 is soooo long.

@Missy10, what is the difference of using ovulation strip to test and using BBT? Heee can enlighten me?
    N yes I fully agree with you, mothers are
    ALWAYS the best! Its never the same with mother in law.

@Littlej, haaa thanks for complimenting on my nick. I really love babies. N I am the crazy type, every month I keep thinking I "strike" and I move slowly like a newly preggie mum. Very silly one! BBT sounds very tedious. What happens if temp is high or low? N emm.. are you already preggie? If yes, a big congrats to you

@Poohy, what is the name of the scan to check size of egg? That time I visited a gynac, dont remember they said about the size . I did a ultrasound.

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: mine too also this weekend. I also got no pregnancy symptoms. But think af symptoms of sorebreast is coming back to me though last few mths dont have. And sharp piercing pain at times at my womb area. :/ dont know why. Hope you can pass thid weekend without seeing the evil.. so means bfp coming to you! Ya no symptoms is actually good too. Hehe jiayou!

Prayinghard: haha I hope so! But my temp today drop back to normal 36.9 already. Not sure how accurate as I lost my thermometer in malaysia I guess. didnt bring back or I did but cant find need tobuy a new one aagain later.

Poohy: jiayou for your iui!

Lovesbaby: mine is also 35-37 days. Sometime can even go up to 40days. Shortest I ever had is 34? Lol.. as long as healthy, got ovulate is ok. 36 is bit long but still consider passable. . dont worry too much.

Worthy Lady

Qinn - But mine also not super accurate. I am actually taking a average as 35 days. My shortest is 30 and longest is 47 (in Oct last yr). Its crazy !
    Do you calculate from the 1st day of period to the start of the next?

qinnn and gnissim, hope you will see your AF on a saturday... but 8 months later!

Dont mind me, gals, as I like to beg to differ. I was brought up by my folks who are really easy going (except my dad who was very stern. All daughters.. that's why I guess he felt he needed to "protect" us all). When I was in upper primary, my mom decided to quit her housewife role and started working. 4 sistas started to really take care of each other. I was the closest to my youngest sis (I'm the 3rd) and I played the role of a mom when I was just primary 6 (while she was in kindergarden). I cooked for her and brought her to and fro from kindergarden. I really dont remember much what my mom had done for us (physically present) since the day she joined the workforce. She was never much a cook nor taught us the big philosophy of life. If we had a sore throat, the most she would get for us was Pi Pa Gao or lozenges. I dont think she is anything less than best. I saw her sacrificed for us (it's a sad story...shall not go there)... and I am grateful because of her, I was independant at a young age and was fearless and the biggest thing she has taught me is never take anything/anyone for granted. As for my mother in law, I said this many times here... I think she is a superwoman who can juggle work and home perfectly. She cooks all the por for me, took care of me during my MC confinement, etc. She takes patience to making everything from scratch and not just throwing Pi Pa Gao to me. I've never one moment felt less of a daughter (or daughter-in law, whichever way) ever since I'm married into this family.

Mom is not always the best. To me, both my mom and my mother in law are wonderful. My folks even came over to my inlaws' place to thank them personally for taking so good care of me. I'm truly lucky I must say.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, I agree as well that there are exceptions. I have also heard some mother in law that are really nice and treat their daughter in law like their own. I am referring to generally, there is still a little difference btw own mummies and them. But again, to be fair its also on how we treat them (mother in law). I have this strong belief that if you treat her well, she will reciprocate one day afterall we are all human beings. But again, the length of the one day is dependable.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Good luck to all those in 2ww and poohy for iui!

Missy10 how to cook the concentrated soup?

And also welcome lovesbaby! Super busy no time reply sigh..

Imperial Concubine

Lovesbaby: were you asking me or qinn? Lol.. mine is also not very accurate. Average is about 35. Seeing traditional chinese medicine for long n hoping to have it regular. My longest is also 47 days. Got twice in last 2 yrs 47 days. Had mc 5 mths ago n now trying hard to tiao back.

Dragontail: thanks! I also dont wanna see the witchy red. Ha.. tts so nice of your mum n mother in law. Basically im not take care by my mum but my grandma instead. Since young. My mother in law is not in singapore but I feel shes more concern of my health like will tell me oh must take 8zhen etc etc. Rather than my mother who is the superstitious sort who keep tell me go pray. -.- lol.

lovesbaby, BBT-ing can be tedious indeed. Ha! Have to be disciplined to be waking up everyday around same time (for my case, 1 hr difference is still acceptable on the charting). OPK gives you clues when you're about to pop an egg (but doesnt guarantee one will pop surely). BBT sort of tells you you have already popped one (or none). Therefore, BBT is good in telling if one has any PCOS issues and also an estimate of when you're going to ovulate so you can time those BDs. Usually 3 months of charting in order to get some indications of the above.