Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Got a smiley face positive OPK last night but i am seeing my new gyn tomorrow to consult him on ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Got a smiley face positive OPK last night but i am seeing my new gyn tomorrow to consult him on HSG and lapa... so i am not sure if i should be trying this cycle.. in dilemma...

@Dagontail - you are truly lucky and blessed to have both a wonderful mom and mom in law. Must treasure them

@poohy - which hospital/ clinic are you doing your IUI? Do you have to run 2 places ie the lab that "washes" the sperm and then back to the clinic to do the iui? The last time, my hus also DIY at home. He said it's too stressful to do it in the hospital. Haaa. Which CD are you on now?

@Missy10 - i noticed that bbt chart has no coverline. Is it cos of the detector setting that you use? I am using "Advanced". Previously, i was on other setting and the coverline didnt appear.

Welcome Lovesbaby. Most of us here are using fertility friend app. Think first few months are free trial and you will need to pay subsequently. Pretty convenient tool to use if you are dont want to literally chart your temp using paper and pen.

lovesbaby, indeed some of my girlfriends have horrendous in laws. Sounds so headache to me. I read somewhere that one should treat her inlaws like own parents... but dont expect them to treat you like their own daughter, in order to make the relatioship works. Er... very hard to accept that. So I agree with you, should be both ways.

We are trying to concieve-ing!

hey everyone

Dragontail: wow then i am really very daughter-like to my in-laws. because i'm not close to my parents. closest to me are my siblings. since school days i seldom talk to my parents.

Worthy Lady

i guess "Jia Jia You Ben Nan Nian Jing". Sorry i cant write the chinese characters... hanyu pinyin... My mum favours boy which is my bro... sadz.. my dad is at least fair and just..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:786163
    Mid week!!

How's the temp going this morning missy10?

is everyone counting down to weekend?
    It went back up, mayb thanks to my mum soup

So facebook = f***ing buddy??

Woohoo missy10!! At this point, if there's already a fertilisation, a warm womb will be perfect to performing an implantation maybe a couple of days from now

Worthy Lady

Missy10 - this is exciting!! hope you strike jackpot this cycle!! must get your mum's secret recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitterystar:786236
    Got a smiley face positive OPK last night but i am seeing my new gyn tomorrow to consult him on HSG and lapa... so i am not sure if i should be trying this cycle.. in dilemma...

@Dagontail - you are truly lucky and blessed to have both a wonderful mom and mom in law. Must treasure them

@poohy - which hospital/ clinic are you doing your IUI? Do you have to run 2 places ie the lab that "washes" the sperm and then back to the clinic to do the iui? The last time, my hus also DIY at home. He said it's too stressful to do it in the hospital. Haaa. Which CD are you on now?

@Missy10 - i noticed that bbt chart has no coverline. Is it cos of the detector setting that you use? I am using "Advanced". Previously, i was on other setting and the coverline didnt appear.

Welcome Lovesbaby. Most of us here are using fertility friend app. Think first few months are free trial and you will need to pay subsequently. Pretty convenient tool to use if you are dont want to literally chart your temp using paper and pen.
    Glittery - because I used OPK/Monitor setting

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:786259
    Woohoo missy10!! At this point, if there's already a fertilisation, a warm womb will be perfect to performing an implantation maybe a couple of days from now
    Im praying hard too.... trying hard not to go spot any symptoms... hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Glitterystar:786266
    Missy10 - this is exciting!! hope you strike jackpot this cycle!! must get your mum's secret recipe!
    Hehehe no recipe actually.... just go medicine hall buy "go lei", then they will teach you how much water to boil

taste like chicken soup much better than the bazhen

Worthy Lady
    lovesbaby: cycle length is counted from first day of af to the day before next af. Mine is 30 days, very accurate on the dot :x I think I have once 29 days within 1+ years? My mom made me note down the first day of af since I began my first period so it has become a habit already haha! When I began trying to concieve I blur blur didn't know how to count cycle length too, learned so much from Google lol luckily I can easily check back on my organiser & see the dates for every month.

Dragontail, Glitterystar, Missy10, lovesbaby, & to littlej 姐姐 too: on the topic of mils... I would say Dragontail is the very lucky few. None of my married friends got along with their mils, it probably has to do with them not treating their mils like their own mom but it goes both ways, I agree - it can be difficult treating another as well as our own moms when the other party doesn't treat you like a daughter to begin with. One of them even had her mother in law giving her cold shoulder & say hurtful things after she suffered a mc at 6 months. It got so bad that her mother in law kinda threw her out to her parents' for confinement cos there's no baby resulting from the confinement...:x When she finally gave birth to a baby gal in her second IVF her mother in law didn't want to help with confinement or taking care of the baby cos it's a gal... even to this day she's still hearing her mother in law say things like "if you didn't lose my precious grandson", I was like wtf... Another has her mother in law only speak nicely to her when her husband is around to see it - other times, she'll ignore my friend... :x one of my older cousins has her mother in law totally bo-chup when scan said it's a gal (eldest daughter), then when second one is a son, her mother in law everyday come over cook her nutritious food & bird's nest everyday! As for my own, I've always feel I'm fortunate already - my in-laws are nice, my mother in law is preoccupied with harassing my sister In law & maybe in comparison she finds me better so she's been nice all along. My father in law is the stern, quiet traditional father. He's been kind & lenient with me too - he has shot down my sister In law gazillion times for behaviour but so far I've not been scolded haha. But I would say, my in-laws are the clever, tactical sort - why make things difficult for the daughter in law when she can in turn make my son unhappy? (To be honest, my in-laws won't want my parents to know I'm unhappy cos they've business dealings) So even though my in-law treat me very nicely, but is not the same as how my parents love me. I think it's just very normal to have the difference - my parents had me, raised me, watched my every triumph & setback in life thus far, this journey is never experienced by the in-laws.

gnissim23: breast soreness is an early pregnancy symptom everywhere I read! maybe it's your month! I've totally nothing, online sources say progesterone supplements will cause fake symptoms but I still have none! :x never get PMS, almost no af cramps, I've no indicator to go by lol I'm gonna buy new comfortable panties to prepare for af pads haha!

Worthy Lady

@qinn - My average cycle length is about 30days too. Longest was 37 days. My mother in law is a money grinder and gold digger (sorry if i sound nasty). She will ask my dear husband for $5K to for IPL and facial to look younger. I was like wtf. I dont even spend that sort of $ on my face. I dont really ask my hus how much he gives my mother in law every month but i dont think it's a small amount. He doesn't have much savings

Money is usually the root of the issue to most things. I actually have more $$ issue with my own folks than my inlaws.
    Sometimes I have my mind wanders away and imagine what kind of mother/inlaw I will be one day. Whatever it is, I feel having to be able to retire and support yourself is most important in this high living standard century.

Worthy Lady
    Glitterystar: I dont't ask how much my hubby gives his parents too, neither do I control his finances cos I believe if a man want to stray, he has hundred & one ways to do it. Do IPL & facial need 5k meh?? :x My facials cost less than $200 per month! your situation not uncommon - I've a friend, before she married into the family, she & her husband coughed up 20k to give to her mother in law for her mother in law's "peace of mind". Peace of mind what? For stealing her son? :x no offense to nice mils out there, really, mine is quite nice too but I've heard too many stories ...

sorry to rant here. when my mother in law first saw me, she tell my hubby and infront of me that she doesn't like me. =/
    and i wonder why am i being blamed for a sucky relationship? hmmm...
    my hubby's ex wife has given him a tumultuous marriage.
    and again i wonder why am i being blamed for a poor relationship?

Dragontail: i have monetary issues with my own folks as well. since young my mother had the word money in most of the things she says. lol?

oh gee...i had cold water just now cuz i choked on something
    emergency life saver is cold water infront of me @.@
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Worthy Lady

@Qnissim: Haaa sorry I a bit mixed up by the similarity of the nicknames. Meant to ask you.
    Sorry to hear about the mc 5 mths ago, was it due to our “irregular” menses?

@Dragontail: Yes, usually when I woke up, I am like a sotong swimming. Will try and take for at least 3 mths but how do you know an egg has been popped?
    N yes loh, dealing with mother in law needs some patience too. By the way, temp up = fertilisation?

@Littlehamster: Thanks for the welcome! J

@Glitterystar: Had a positive OPK last night? So you must jiayou tonight! What is HSG?
    The fertility friend app, I have downloaded to my iphone hee..

@Missy10: Haa your soup sounds very powerful. Is ‘go lei” heaty?

@Qinnnsenne: Wow, I read one of the friend’s mother in law that keep carping on her lost baby. If I am her, I think I probably would NOT be living with the mother in law already.
    Too much , like spreading salt on one’s wound. Yes, not matter how similar, there is still a difference on how my parents loved me as compared to my mother in law (speaking for my own self).
    N similarly, I can see that same kind of love again the way my mother in law treated her son. Its diff.

Worthy Lady

@Quincy, thanks for the abbreviations! Its soooo helpful to me this newbie.

lovesbaby: haha. no prob. and welcome welcome!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I'll make My hubby save in our joint account. And I'm very against in lending money to his bro. He lend alot result our wedding Need be very budget. Was angry with him at one time. If his Mum Needs $ is Ok Cos is parents . Till now money not recovered n his bro now mia. Hope hubby learnt his lesson

We talk to fengshui master before, the guy say I be the money controller is better as I manage My finance well. So his money is mine, mine is mine lol

I think living with my inlaws works because they are the most qin cai people. Truthfully, I dont do much chores nor wake up at 5am to make breakfast for everyone (that's what I heard that in old times the daughter in law was supposed to wake up before everyone and cook for every bro/sis/unc/auntie/father/mother in laws! Think I will stab myself to my own grave if I lived in those times). So if my inlaws were nasty, they surely dont think i'm perfect. As my mother in law is just 13 years my senior, she is more modern than a typical mother in law. I know what's in her mind.... I mean if she makes things difficult, it will also mean making things difficult for her son (my hubby. only son). Then things will just turn ugly and maybe I will divorce my hubby (for whatever crap reasons ;p) because I wont be able to stand the nonsense. She doesnt
    "approve" of divorce. So the best is everyone do our part to making everyone live in harmony.

Wah.. suddenly today's content is about inlaws and their peeves?

lovesbaby, when the BBT has a temp shift up after an ovulation, it means you have ovulated, ie popped an egg. But cant pinpoint if fertilisation has taken place. That's why 2ww (2 weeks wait from ovulation) is quite痛苦 because there's no answer to our questions till if AF shows up or none!

Worthy Lady
    quincy: maybe your mother in law blames you for the divorce? It's logical for them to see the new wife as 3rd party (whether they are or not, or if the previous marriage already fell apart already, the older folks won't care to know) that's why before she met you she already decide she dont like you .

littlehamster: your hubby is the type very easy & lax with his $ one right? Most probably think it's his bro so never mind...:x personally I dont encourage the habit of borrowing/lending $ - my hubby has been giving (Yes, giving) $ to his bro loh cos my brother in law & sister In law both not working, both have not't graduate but got a baby to feed (must buy expensive pram also) & my in-laws dont give them much extra to spend. I lazy to scold my hubby .

Dragontail: you've a modern young mother in law lol very fortunate, but I always think even if mother in law are nasty or demand the daughter in law wakes up at 5am to prepare breakfast for everyone & wash everyone clothes, we just do what we can & ignore what we can't fulfil loh. like hello?! We got to work, 100 years ago dils all stay home & never worked. If give black face or unreasonable then just ignore too - why make ourselves unhappy over someone we can't change? (Or worse, let it affect our life with the hubby )
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 08-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

speaking of lending money. my hubby dont have the issue of lending money.
    he has got the issue of where he spends his money.
    his eldest sister is the wealthiest among the siblings. she could even fork out at least 40+k cash to buy an exec hdb apt.
    i do respect that she finances the medical fees of parents.

i dislike it that my husband has to help take care of her children.
    for example, 1 pen these days cost how much? almost price of 1 packet of chicken rice!
    and they cant go to their mother and say mommy i've lost my pens today.
    they go to my hubby.

and end of month my hubby will be so sulky because his monies are almost dry up.
    if my hubby can afford, he can help all he want.
    but my hubby overestimates himself sometimes.
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Worthy Lady
    Quincy: your hubby's sister is so well-off maybe cos her children's daily needs are taken care of by your hubby! Little expenses do add up... I used to have a classmate, she would collect $ for packet drinks consumed at her house during group project, & where she lived? Bukit Timah road...:x

qinnnsenne: my sentiments exactly !
    and you know what? sometimes she directly brings her kids over to my place. and then she inform my hubby infront of me, "hey take care of my kids. i'm going to JB shopping."

sometimes she says she is going to friend's place to play mahjong.
    sometimes we need to babysit them for as long as the school holidays last.

how convenient !