Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; hi ladies! anyone ever experienced before positive opk, fertile cervical mucus but bbt wasnt rising? Care to share?...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

hi ladies! anyone ever experienced before positive opk, fertile cervical mucus but bbt wasnt rising? Care to share?

hi lalagal, keep in mind that for the opk to be positive the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. once it's + usually you ovulate 24 to 36h later. you can have several days of fertile mucus prior to O

Worthy Lady
    lalagal: I've had O confirmed through ultrasound, but temp doesn't rise at least 2 days after - so it can happen. As tricky mentioned though, OPK + means you're gonna O soon (12-36 hours?).

Worthy Lady
    littlej: Congrats in deciding on the gynae to care for you & lil' muffin for the next 6 month I'm sure Dr Chew would not take any offense in your choice, and he'll only pray for the best for you both! Look at it this way - without Dr Chan & his progressive treatments & care over the past 6 years (he's the one who discovered the polyp, he's the one who suggested hsg), you would not have a first cycle strike when you see Dr Chew! So, no, you're not 忘恩负义 or anything of the sort. I sure pray it's a BFP this cycle, though I'm not feeling quite so positive & I keep 'sensing' the ugly auntie hiding around some nearby dark corner, mocking me! (I know, sounds creepy...) As for me, I've even gave it a brief thought as to who to go to for prenatal care when I get that BFP - I'll want a gynae who doesn't (has stopped) perform(ing) abortions. And I think you can easily guess who lol BTW the nasty flu is back with a vengeance! When I see the ugly auntie tomorrow I'll then have a peace of mind to go see a doc for flu meds - my trip is next week & I'm down with flu?? :x

Hehe to be honest, I'm not a fan of any of these brands - ketupat I agree! But the leather is soft & it's priced reasonable enough for daily (read: rough) use hahaha! I only love 2.55s as I've inherited a vintage from my maternal grandmother, love love love! No love for LV at all, neither do I like Coach, the P & the G & Miu^2... Hermes is quite nice though But we need bags -lots of bags- so it's easier to just drop by a boutique nearby than shopping aimlessly in overseas night markets/random local brand boutiques to source for a nice one - one of my close friends love doing that whenever she's on vacation! She bought me one in Japan - random local brand, nice leather & velvet interior & costs close to S$500. My bff commented that she'll rather just buy a Longchamp, I agree cos I'm too lazy to hunt for the obscure pretty things! Lol

Worthy Lady
    lovesbaby: I've read before, but I dont't recall who said it or which page! :x BFW is supposedly not recommended when trying to concieve & 8zhen is recommended instead. Yeap, just throw all the ingredients into thermal flask, fill with boiling water & drink 4 hours later lol I like boiling over low fire for 30 mins (break the red dates) then let it simmer in the thermal pot for 2 hours haha. During af can drink black sugar ginger tea I think, but I usually just drink warm water during af (can be lazy for 7 days lol)

Worthy Lady
    littlehamster: you, Dragontail, prayinghard, gnissim23, Missy10, tricky, Glitterystar, Quincy, lovesbaby, & me!!! We will celebrate next year's mothers day as mothers ourselves! (Who did I miss?)
    Missy10 and littlehamster like this.

Imperial Concubine

Thanks dragontail and glittery!

Lovesbaby: ya . Manual nvm. Push no oil one . dont work.

Prayinghard: yes traditional chinese medicine is slower as it tiao the body slowly. Rather then the western just pushes n put hormones in. I myself see traditional chinese medicine for 1 yr cox my body very weak. :/

Imperial Concubine

Yeah!! Thanks qinn. Hope you too!!! And everyone here. We have been striving so hard

Imperial Concubine

Lovesbaby: yes qinn is right. you can take BFW but only once just after AF is cleared. then stop. 8zhen also. (Not everyone suit 8zhen-cox im one of them who dont suit), so I only take once after af is clean then stop. For some I think they took 8zhen regulary n stop just before or on O day. Remember after O, during 2ww, no 8zhen no bfw no dang gui.

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: my traditional chinese medicine ask me to take out the reddates seeds when using reddates. Cox the seeds cause stomach wind.

hungry~ craving for sweet food. @.@ haha so random

Worthy Lady
    gnissim23: push no use, try stepping to accelerate? LOLOLOL! Ok kidding... Mr G must forgive me haha... To be honest, I find my hubby very very good - he doesn't quite like children (naughty, smelly menaces he says) but he will be ok with one, or two... or God willing, three or four haha! He'll remember my fertile window & af due day & ask me a day before: "enemy spotted?" He's been there for all gynae checkups though gynae told him it's minor routine checks & he doesn't need to be there (cos I always take odd appointment timings). He's paying for everything (err, right, he's been paying for everything from food to clothes & bags to cosmetics, yeah everything! So I super 自动 gynae also he pay & he very 自动 pay also :x) ,doesn't complain when I milked him dry last cycle with daily bd! Must give him brownie points (said that last cycle but never give him bonus marks lol) Can't still expect him to spend time lurking in Mummysg or Baby Centre forum to know all there is to know about trying to concieve, & be as madly enthu as us ladies right? Men will be men They care in their own ways.

Worthy Lady
    gnissim23: I only remove seeds cos it's very heaty! but I didn't remove this month cos it's sweeter with the seeds so I just break them a bit haha... I'm a relax happy-go-lucky dont't follow to a T sort of rebel

Quincy: ooooh any hints of impending good news for us?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

i made 8zhen using eu yan sang brand one, taste nicer and thicker than NTUC one .. hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    gnissim23: I only remove seeds cos it's very heaty! but I didn't remove this month cos it's sweeter with the seeds so I just break them a bit haha... I'm a relax happy-go-lucky dont't follow to a T sort of rebel

Quincy: ooooh any hints of impending good news for us?
    really? cravings means i got good news? i dont know because i am now in CD19 only.
    i never really do proper job with t-tc this month

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: haha step him all over. Sometimes hes just irritating. Ya he will be very on during my O day too. For him he like kids (that what he says). He super dotes on his daughter. Why your hubby use ."enemy spotted". So funny. Haha. you are working? Or not working that why your hubby pays all? ;/

Quincy: aiyo hw to determine not good job. Got do can hehe

I am aiming to look for a job after june. But I am also wanting my bfp. Wonder if those will hire preggers. :/
    quincy1986 likes this.

Worthy Lady
    Quincy: cravings are a major part of pregnancy, maybe just not so early only but who knows right? I'm also very slack one - had a few cold drinks,.ate junk food, had tea & coffee (Starbucks!) but I'm cutting down... keep eating sashimi lol

littlehamster: EYS is quite good - or those old traditional chinese medicine shops that does the traditional scale & pink paper packaging one, I feel taste much better than prepackaged 8zhen! (Didn't know ntuc got sell haha)

gnissim23: your hubby's daughter also your daughter At least that's what I think... I'm working hehe but since we got together officially (means he brought me home show parents & I brought him home let my daddy & mommy chop stamp of approval 8 years ago) he's been paying everything , like so used to it :x I know as modern Singaporean woman very hard to not work, but I feel if your hubby can handle, you may want have the child already then see how? If your future boss is very supportive then of cos, go ahead & work! (enemy = ugly witch!)
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 10-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine

Qinn- wah you really got a goodie hubby! who is always there for you physically and financially! woohhooo....

heh, i went to buy lots of nuts during lunch. bought brazil nuts also..getting ready to munch. I like nuts but eating too much cause my teeth to weaken..sigh. Coz i'm lactose intolerance, cannot drink milk.

i'm getting slight CM ....*keeping fingers crossed*

Imperial Concubine

glitterystar- hmm if everything goes well, O should be mid month? i also dont know ....I'm going for scan on monday to see whether my eggs had grown...

lovesbaby- hah, when i go to see Dr Su, i also dont know what to ask and she also never say if i dont ask....only say not enough sleep , ask us sleep more and take her medicine.

Worthy Lady

poohy: Hopefully emotionally with me too! :x I think all our hubbies care in their own ways, and they are irritating in their own ways too - like mine! Refused to let me buy hpt! -.-

Brazilian nuts I'm not a fan of nuts, and despite littlej's best efforts in getting me to eat them, I've not bought any this cycle lol and my cycle is coming to an end tomorrow... Keeping fingers crossed for you! Are you keeping yourself healthy, and happy, and relaxed, and tip top condition for the upcoming battle?
    Last edited by qinnnsenne; 10-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Worthy Lady

@Qinn - You hubby is soo good. Pay for everything. Everything you earn is for your leisure spending. So nice I usually co-share with my hus. Joint account that sort of thing.

@Poohy - CM is a good sign that the hormones are working well. i bought some packets of nuts from the chinese medical hall. They tasted blend. Not as nice as those pre-packed ones from supermarket eg Nature Wonders.

@gnissim - how's the job market now? Heard it's an employee market. There are many regulations and laws to protect pregnant ladies now which is good! my hus just changed job so i better stay put in the current post.

Worthy Lady

poohy: btw... (no offense disclaimer upfront) do you feel that traditional chinese medicine always say everything bad one? Like, this part bad, that part also weak, then here 寒 there 虚, not one part is ok and doing alright one? :x (Like doomsday speak... :x) And every traditional chinese medicine I've ever visited has given me very different diagnosis... :x Wonder why... To be honest, I almost never fall sick (probably once a year with either fever or cough), annual check ups have always been fine - I wonder why every traditional chinese medicine say until like I'm about to keel over if I dont't start taking a lot of herbal medicines... :x

Worthy Lady

Glitterystar: we also have a joint account - but it's more to collect rent at the moment. I dont't control my hubby's finances, a lot of my friends say no good cos he'll stray. But I believe if a man want to stray, he will no matter what... I feel must first trust each other loh, if not grab all the money to yourself also no use... Co-sharing is the norm nowadays - I know someone even their baby's milk powder also 50/50.

Imperial Concubine

Qinn- wonder how much guys are there for us emotionally..somehow they still think differently from woman. But am sure your hubby will be there for you! i like brazil nuts ..quite nice, like macadiama nuts like that..smooth texture. Well, am praying hard and eating well (i hope!) ..told my hubby next week everyday warm up chicken essence for me.hahaha.

i'm quite scared also, prepare so much and end up if bfn, wonder wats the impact.....dont want to think about it....

actually i never like traditional chinese medicine coz of their medicine....but becoz of trying to concieve, i force myself to see traditional chinese medicine which my hubby was surprised also.

glittery- i scared i O before my IUI...my greatest fear (which happened before! and by time i go back to scan, they say cannot see any eggs , meaning iui abort....and that month wasted) so now i got phobia actually.

for nuts, i buy from Pat's oven...i bought nature wonders before but dont like the taste.
    Last edited by poohy; 10-05-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    Qinn: my traditional chinese medicine ask me to take out the reddates seeds when using reddates. Cox the seeds cause stomach wind.
    So can also buy those seedless ones??