Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by gnissim23 I am aiming to look for a job after june. But I am also wanting my ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    I am aiming to look for a job after june. But I am also wanting my bfp. Wonder if those will hire preggers. :/
    companies usually do not select pregnant women for hire. sad to say.
    i sit next to HR in a few of my previous jobs so i know the ugly side of employment.

when does implantation spotting typically occur? during 2ww? during af due date?

Worthy Lady

@Qinnnsenne: OMG! Thanks for sharing, will skip BFW and only eat it when menses end. Cos I realized when I started to eat regularly (5 days interval), I am not that tired. Wow, great I will try this damn easy method instead of cooking for LRD tea heee. Yes, I also drink black sugar ginger tea when AF. N YES, all of us shall celebrate mother’s day next year! It’s our goal! Jiayou all the girls here!
    WOOSH!!!!
    you are a really blessed woman! R hubby is so funny & sweet! Heee.. I think humor is very important in a marriage. Sometimes, my husband will also find ways to make me laugh by making silly movements, I do appreciate it haaa.

@Qnissim: Ya, push one like very tired –mentally n physically. Yes noted. Will not take BFW and 8zhen. Ww is weeks? Haa.. Seems like after O a lot of things cannot, is it correct? Then LRD still can drink? N mine hoh, I also take out red dates seed .
    I think employers might consider if they employ preggie mama becos of the maternity leave (sorry to say this) but dont give up ok? Some employers are just plain rich haaaa
    @Poohy: Haaa standard line from Dr. Su. Sleep early n eat her medicine.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne:787139
    poohy: btw... (no offense disclaimer upfront) do you feel that traditional chinese medicine always say everything bad one? Like, this part bad, that part also weak, then here 寒 there 虚, not one part is ok and doing alright one? :x (Like doomsday speak... :x) And every traditional chinese medicine I've ever visited has given me very different diagnosis... :x Wonder why... To be honest, I almost never fall sick (probably once a year with either fever or cough), annual check ups have always been fine - I wonder why every traditional chinese medicine say until like I'm about to keel over if I dont't start taking a lot of herbal medicines... :x
    My traditional chinese medicine only say my hands are cold and my pulse is tired which is true I guess cos I sometimes sleep later or have disturbed sleep due to my daughter's karate kicks or nightmare.

When I told her that I wanna try for the 2nd one, she only tell me to go ahead..so I guess traditional chinese medicine will say different things according to the condition of the patients ...hmmmz

Qinnn, my sinseh (dr wu) never says anything "bad" . Not sure about other patients... she is always very positive and dont even give me many "rules". Eat more fruits, no need to avoid tea altogether, dont drink LRD, etc. Rather different from other sinseh's advice I read from here. The only "bad" thing she said about me was during my first visit. That I tire easily. Totally true. Last time, the moment I came home from work, I had to take a nap first. Just weeks after her powder, I dont need to nap anymore
    Last edited by Dragontail; 10-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    My traditional chinese medicine only say my hands are cold and my pulse is tired which is true I guess cos I sometimes sleep later or have disturbed sleep due to my daughter's karate kicks or nightmare.

When I told her that I wanna try for the 2nd one, she only tell me to go ahead..so I guess traditional chinese medicine will say different things according to the condition of the patients ...hmmmz
    I'm thinking I've just not met the really good traditional chinese medicine yet... :x

And Dragontail, sounds like Dr Wu is the type of traditional chinese medicine I'm looking for - positive and not everything also bad or cannot do

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne:787167

I'm thinking I've just not met the really good traditional chinese medicine yet... :x

And Dragontail, sounds like Dr Wu is the type of traditional chinese medicine I'm looking for - positive and not everything also bad or cannot do
    Sometimes I think seeing doc be it traditional chinese medicine or gynae depends on yuan fen. .

Erm..my sinseh also never tell me to drink this drink that or cannot eat this or eat that...so I always eat and drink as per normal.

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: haha. I believe you must be a rich woman since your hubby paying all. Lol! Alot of "si fang qian-private money" . I am graduating this june. Thus will only find job after official grad as I resign last yr oredi. So my hubby say ifa bfp come now I should be not able find job. :/

Glittery: hmm. Im not so sure about the market. But l dont think any employer will hire a pregger lol. Unless is like super familiar pple intro etc. :/

Worthy Lady

Sometimes I think seeing doc be it traditional chinese medicine or gynae depends on yuan fen. .

Erm..my sinseh also never tell me to drink this drink that or cannot eat this or eat that...so I always eat and drink as per normal.
    My previous traditional chinese medicine (for general health, not trying to concieve) told me cannot eat fruits, cannot drink tea & coffee, cannot eat corn, cabbages, soy, peanuts, red meat, and I'm sure I've already forgotten more than half of that long list of cannot-eats hahaha! I also dont't follow one, so sometimes I feel no point see unless I really feel my body not good or need that boost after exhausting all western medicine avenues. Just me only, I know many have benefited from traditional chinese medicine, so keep it up ladies! To keep going back for traditional chinese medicine takes a lot of patience too, well done!

Personally, I feel baby comes or not is also 缘分。I really dont think drinking couple cups of cold bubble teas or running a 5km during trying to concieve means wont end up preggie . My first bfp I was preggie in bkk and I didnt know. Shopped and walked whole day. Carried heavy bags. Massage. Eat pineapple rice. Eat mango. Eat coconut. Cold desserts. Tom yam everyday. I lost it at 13 weeks due to chromosome issues. Not because I did all these stuff during my trip.

So I think yours will come when it's meant to be

Worthy Lady

Gnissim23: No... My hubby is richer than me... :x That's why must let him pay LOL! I think you just keep trying while finding a job, if a BFP comes along and the job doesn't want you because of that - well, so be it cos baby is more important. If not, then all is good!

Imperial Concubine

Missy10: yes. Can buy seedless one I think. Must chk with the herbal shop.

Quincy: implantation is during 2ww. Probably around 8 to 10 dpo. Now maternity leave is long think nobody want hire.

Lovesbaby: ya cox during 2ww will be implantation of baby etc etc.. so best to avoid what preggers must avoid. I think most ladies here take lrd during 2ww.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:787175
    Personally, I feel baby comes or not is also 缘分。I really dont think drinking couple cups of cold bubble teas or running a 5km during trying to concieve means wont end up preggie . My first bfp I was preggie in bkk and I didnt know. Shopped and walked whole day. Carried heavy bags. Massage. Eat pineapple rice. Eat mango. Eat coconut. Cold desserts. Tom yam everyday. I lost it at 13 weeks due to chromosome issues. Not because I did all these stuff during my trip.

Totally agree

Imperial Concubine

Qinn: haha! Wow your hubby must be earning alot then.. must squeeze him dry dry. Make sure he spend on you and only you.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post

Dragontail: I love what you said - but where's the Like button?? I'm putting on a new panty tomorrow to welcome the old aunty! (Did I say? I really bought new panties lol) And yours will come soon!

Worthy Lady

BTW quincy: according to my gynae - I kpo asked when he prescribed me progesterone for 10 days- he said for most pregnancies, implantation happens between 8 to 12 dpo (and more commonly, 10-12 dpo). And that it's a myth that implantation spotting is common - it is apparently not that common. :x

Haha ya I realised the like button is gone too! I wanted to like some post 2 days ago and searched all corners but couldnt find. What happened?

I think the biggest gift a womam can have is to bear and give a life. How wonderful is that, think about it? As such, all mommies are greatest!! Every year during my birthday, I will call my mom and thank her and tell her im sorry it was painful for her when popping me. Haa. I feel birthday is a day to especially remember my mom

Worthy Lady

Dragontail!!!! I didn't disappear. This thread is too fast! My dad had a fall and knocked his head. Has temporary short term memory loss and warded in hospital so I've been busy. Also with serving notice and work.

Btw, no good news from me yet. Lol

And for eczema, I have it. Since maybe 4-5 years ago. On my right fingers and chest area between the boobs.

For fingers, I have to use very mild soap. So dish washing liquid has to be mild ones. For chest, I use QV body wash and when I perspire I have to make sure I dry my body ASAP, and during very hot weather, I will need to put the cream coz it worsens.

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    BTW quincy: according to my gynae - I kpo asked when he prescribed me progesterone for 10 days- he said for most pregnancies, implantation happens between 8 to 12 dpo (and more commonly, 10-12 dpo). And that it's a myth that implantation spotting is common - it is apparently not that common. :x
    oh y did you request for progesterone?
    i think i might have experienced implantation bleeding. not sure if i had it before. see pink pink on my panty during 2ww.

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail: I really love what you said! (Needs the Like button) Moms are the bestest - mine has a c-sec scar cos I was overdue & breech. I'm just glad she's still healthy, and I still have her.

gnissim23: you see through my devious ploy - spend his $! Can't wait for him to spend on some syt (I think it means sweet young thing lol) 10-20 years down the road right?

Quincy: I didn't ask for the prescription - my gynae is kiasu & wants to maximise chances of conception lol you mean you bled today?

Quote Originally Posted by qinnnsenne View Post
    Quincy: I didn't ask for the prescription - my gynae is kiasu & wants to maximise chances of conception lol you mean you bled today?
    i read online that progesterone provides an environment good for the sperm and supports implantation.

i saw pinkish brown today i think that is bleeding.

Hello!!! Wa thread moved so fast today... I just got home from work!! (Sigh).

My sibling is 10 years younger than me - just the two of us. And we have been very close since the dude was born till now. I helped my mum to look after him... Of course he is very smart / now everything also ask me to pay since he is still studying and I am already work. So I think siblings with gap is good too. Hmm, I didn't mind being an only child for 10 years - there were times I did complain to my mum and dad saying I wanted another sister but well my parents took erm 10 years to conceive the second one?!? And yes btw dr chew helped my mum conceive my brother. Hence my mum strongly encouraged me to visit him.

Qinn - there are a lot of private docs who dont't do abortions. I dont't think dr chan does abortions too. I guess when one is already successful - then y'know they decide to stop that. That said, I always wonder - what if it is not by choice ie a miscarriage and one has to go for d&c - does it mean these docs won't do it? Or if the baby has a high risk of Down syndrome and the parents would not wanna take the risk - would these docs then pass them on to another doc?

Qinn - btw I bought my peanut jade charm from peach blossom gallery (or something like that) at ion. On bags, hahaha - somehow i get the impression you only like Hermes is it?

Wa - qinn - you are one lucky chick! Hahaha what you earn is what you keep. For me, yeah I guess my man pays for mostly everything - more than my share but hahaha that's cuz he earns more than me but I pay for my own car, my own shopping if I am on my own (which is most of the time) and for docs - my company has a pretty good medical benefits so I'm ok with paying but hahaha sometimes I make him pay and I still take the receipt and claim and $$ goes into my account *cheap thrill*. Hahaha I did ask him if he would sup me a credit card and he said he would only put a s$500 limit to it.

Ya my fav cty is where most of our grandparents or great grand parents are from.

Glitterystar - if you dont't mind me asking, how old are you and how long have you been trying? Erm sorry - no offense to your doc but why would he / she asks you to just do lapa or ivf - without even first verifying thru non invasive methods if anything is wrong or even giving you other options to conceive? I mean - ivf ain't cheap and again, it is an invasive process. And ya lapa already $7k. I dont't know - maybe I belong to old school (aunty you know) - I just feel that a doc should always recommend natural ways, before immediately recommending ivf or lapa. I am most certainly not recommending dr chew but if I refer to what he has done for me, he first gave me dates to bd... Then told me if not successful then wanna see me on cd 2/3 to evaluate blood flow to see if there is a risk of endometriosis. I have heard from friends who encountered similar docs who said ivf and they went for a second opinion and conceived naturally thru the help of doc vitamins. If i am in your shoes, i would seek a second opinion cuz i feel there are docs who see $$$ more impt and forgot the code of medical ethics. Anyway, please do not take offense - just my thoughts.

Dragontail - glad eczema all clearing up!!! Drink more water!!!

Btw - I didn't get implantation spotting.

Oh and lastly, that would be my prayer for Mother's Day - that each and everyone of us would be happy and beautiful mothers this year, next year...

Worthy Lady

Awww Littlej, congrats on confirming your doctor! And yes, I think your wish for Mother's Day this year is what all of us are wishing for!

For BBT gurus, can I check if your temps are on a constant drop from CD1? I'm now on CD10 and my temp this morning was 35.81! If I disregard 2 temps on cd1 and cd4, plus include a fake temp for cd9 when I had disturbed sleep and forego bbt, my chart this cycle is quite a nice gradual downward curve! Lol

Morning, beautiful ladies

Had cramp again last night again followed by brown CM on 8dpo this morning 4am

Had a "eventful" morning... Hubby just came back at 530am.... so angry!!!

Missy10 y your hubby back so late? company entertainment?