Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 35 of 912 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 85 135 535 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi mint! Wah you been with Dr su for a year? I dont't know if I got patient to wait ...

Imperial Concubine
    Hi mint! Wah you been with Dr su for a year? I dont't know if I got patient to wait so long....been trying for a year or more already. And my first kiddo is going 3...if I take longer then the age gap will be big! ..biggest regret is never try for another one fast enough sigh

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I've no idea what clots would mean during AF. Anyone knows? I dont have since many years ago. Used to have every month. The only thing my sinseh asked me about AF is how's my flow (heavy/light). I guess if I were to tell her I got clots then maybe she'll enlighten. I told her it's getting lighter as years pass. She nobs her head like it's a matter of fact

@ TVH. Ooohh looks like someone's gonna be very busy under the blanket these few days! Good luck.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Hehe..

I think avoiding cold water would help with the blood clots and keeping tummy warm.

hey folks - ask you - for those who did IUI before - did you also do your own bbt, opk etc to test that the timing is right?

reason why i'm asking is because i realized my first IUI in Oct - my FIRST gynae did it for me on CD12 because my follicle size then was ok sized (so the doc said) (And I didn't do any charting then). But from the last 2 cycles I've been charting - I realized my ovulation is around Day 17.

For me - next steps - See 2nd gynae during AF and see what he says about my flow (as per his advice). Then I wonder if I should discuss with him about IUI. He's more traditional though...

@tvh - go go go!

oops i'm so late, hello mintminer
    @TVH nice to hear you've got smiley. i think my husband was overseas during my smiley zzz
    @poohy nevermind older your 1st baby, more matured to take care of didi/mei mei?
    @littlej jiayou with the IUI

all of you take breakfast ? so i share some disgusting info here.
    during my AF, i think usually i saw 2 to 3 "strings" of blood.
    not sure if that is considered many. my sinseh says if i had 5 - 6 "clots" then it's considered as many.
    so i guess mine is not too many.

@Dragontail sometimes i get emo and felt that my sinseh is not giving me enough attention haha.

We are trying to concieve-ing!

Adrenalin I think the waiting time for IvF at govt hospitals is going to be longer with the enhanced subsidies just announced. For myself, there are issues that hinder natural conception (not impossible though) so IVF will be helpful for us but I dont't know whether to go for private or govt drs given the waiting time and service rendered.

TVH Jia you! Hope you strike!

I think Dr Su recommends us to eat that are heaty in nature.. Eg durian, mango, red cherries, longans. Apple is neutral in nature so should be fine too. I thought banana is fine but she said not recommended. Oranges, watermelon and kiwi are cooling and water content is high which can result in cysts..

TVH Jia you!

quincy, yes I've had breakfast (two pieces of wheat/bran bread with margarine and a cup of warm organic soya bean drinks). So no problem. Hee.

Actually I'm glad my sinseh doesnt tell me do this do that too much. Else I cant follow them all! I get straight to the point and ask her like "how's my charting?" "My pulse reads ok or not?" etc and she'll ask me almost at every visit "you eat breakfast or not?" "sleep well or not?" "feel any discomfort or not?" (because of my recent MC) etc. Now I'm looking forward for AF so that we can start talking more on the BBT again.

Other than that, my t-c-m visit is usually quite easy.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Hehe thank you all for the encouragement!

Could it be that blood circulation is not optimum that is why there are clots? I would suppose if the blood is flowing freely in the body, there shdnt be any clots. Exercise could help in circulation or take DOM? Dr Su always asks me to take DOM with her med. Though it tastes yucky, I no choice but to swallow. And I thought when trying to concieve should avoid alcohol? The alcohol content in DOM is so high....I'm confused.

@superwomancgy
    so it's not every single IVF/IUI centre can apply for the subsidy? be it govt or pte centres?
    sorry if i am outdated.

@Dragontail
    actually my sinseh doesnt tell me much. he seem to be more interested in my husband. so thats why i am emo haha.
    but my husband is hitting 40. so no wonder he is interested.

@TVH
    oh DOM. good idea. guess i should get DOM too.
    what do you think of waist tonic? i got waist tonic actually just to "bu3". no other special purpose.
    and i have not finished it. felt wasted if i dont touch it.

my chinese col told me that traditional chinese medicine meds are commonly used for the "qi" and blood circulation in women.

@TVH
    btw some chinese meds contain alcohol also. so i think DOM is ok.

@ quincy. lol so funny.

I really dislike DOM. I tend to "forget" to drink every night. The opened bottle has been sitting there for many months. But I know it's good for us ladies. I only seem to drink it everyday during my confinement.

You may drink the DOM during that-c. For me, if I've been diligently drinking it too, I will just stop after I ovulate just in case there's an implantation.

Imperial Concubine
    Tvh jia you ! Hahaha . I also smile when I saw your msg....

Iui ... I didn't do my own tracking since they already tracking via scanning. They say ready then ready . Haha

Cannot take oranges! ?? Oh mine...took so much fruit juices coz my mom got so much fruits . No wonder this month haywire .

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Hehe thanks poohy
    How nice if I am telling you all I got BFP instead..

Dr Su told me DOM cannot take during menses and can only drink it after menses end until one week before period is about to come. I think it is becos DOM promotes blood circulation, so if you drink it during menses, later flood.......

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    hey folks - ask you - for those who did IUI before - did you also do your own bbt, opk etc to test that the timing is right?

reason why i'm asking is because i realized my first IUI in Oct - my FIRST gynae did it for me on CD12 because my follicle size then was ok sized (so the doc said) (And I didn't do any charting then). But from the last 2 cycles I've been charting - I realized my ovulation is around Day 17.

For me - next steps - See 2nd gynae during AF and see what he says about my flow (as per his advice). Then I wonder if I should discuss with him about IUI. He's more traditional though...
    Littlej, I had to monitor a few cycles to determine when my ovulation usually occur together with my gynae using opk as well as ultrasound scans. Once we got the day down, for the month of iui, gynae will ask me to go in on day example 14, ultrasound to check follicle size. Then after that opk (usually within 1-2 days) until smiley appears. On morning of smiley have to go down for iui. Cause sperm washing takes a few hours to process. before doing iui, gynae will scan again to check that follicle is starting to break out or has already broken out. Then iui proceeds. Not sure if other people have different iui processes. Didn't do bbt at all.

Worthy Lady

@quincy1986, subsidy (co funding) by government for ART is only available at restructured hospitals NUH, singapore general hospital, Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I think you shld be able to use medisave at private hospitals still though.

@poohy
    haha my mom told me oranges is consider "liang". like watermelon.
    you girls are so hardworking with trying to concieve haha.
    i am lazing (except avoiding some food) around hoping some baby luck will drop from the sky. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
    @quincy1986, subsidy (co funding) by government for ART is only available at restructured hospitals NUH, singapore general hospital, Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I think you shld be able to use medisave at private hospitals still though.
    thks for your help.
    i am thinking about going for medical help.
    i heard that it is quite an emotional process for some people.
    i do not wish to be emo towards my husband.

Worthy Lady

Hi ladies, really hope i can get some help in this thread with regards to the following ..

"Hi ladies, I'm pretty new here with second post just did a scan after took 50unit puregon jabs frm day 3 to 7
    Left: 8, 6
    Right: 8.5, 7.5, 6, 6
    Doc asked me to take a jab today n scan tomorrow again. Ladies, anyone can advise on my case? My 1st time doing iui n doctor was rushing for patients hence can't ask much "

Quote Originally Posted by bammy View Post
    Hi ladies, really hope i can get some help in this thread with regards to the following ..

"Hi ladies, I'm pretty new here with second post just did a scan after took 50unit puregon jabs frm day 3 to 7
    Left: 8, 6
    Right: 8.5, 7.5, 6, 6
    Doc asked me to take a jab today n scan tomorrow again. Ladies, anyone can advise on my case? My 1st time doing iui n doctor was rushing for patients hence can't ask much "
    aiyo...your doc so bad. rushing for patients =.=
    you want to get a 2nd opinion?

Worthy Lady

Was thinking if this time round not successful (touch wood), then i willd definitely switch to other clinic

Welcome bammy.

Would you like to share what you've been attempting at that-c? How long you have tried natural and decided on IUI?

Worthy Lady

Hi Dragontail, been trying trying to concieve for close to 5 years (natural) but unsucessful hence seek doctor's advises and took clomid for 5 cycles n again unsucessful.
    This is the first time tried on iui as doctor mentioned that both of us are normal with all the tests (blood test, hcg etc) but really very demoralising sob sob..

Ok dont give up. Hopefully IUI is the one for you. Can pop by here at times as we ladies share quite a fair bit and give each other awesome morale support.