Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; yah Poohy, I also thought we were same dpo but I was 14dpo yesterday...

yah Poohy, I also thought we were same dpo but I was 14dpo yesterday

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

oh guess I O-ed late....thats why now only 11dpo.

Worthy Lady

Hello ladies!
    Today is my 10dpo. There are slight feel of cramp over the weekends. I really hope AF is not coming! She is supposed to come on Wed but again, my menses a bit crazy crazy one. I feel like the days are crawling n I keep googling on symptoms. I feel a bit crazy! Sigh. Sorry for grumbling.

Imperial Concubine

lovesbaby- fully understand! the 2ww is terrible and we always try to symptoms-spot. Waiting for next week...if AF doesnt come then will test (though yest itchy hand went to test.hahah).

hi everybody hi!
    just had yongtao foo for lunch. i have been craving for hokkien mee but the stall havent been opened since 2 weeks ago! i fear it's close down for good already!
    Just to check, is bittergourd okie during pregnancy?

On confinement lady: my sis recommend one that her friends highly recommended so i called and check if she is available during the period I need her. According to her she is free but she sounds a little "unsure". i ask her if i need to place deposit and she says she will be free during june so we can meet up and discuss. She quoted me 2800 include housework and cooking for hubby. I forsee she will ask for more if she knows what kind of house i am staying.. :/

On husband .vs. housework: I try to be less OCD when i started to trying to concieve so the husband is more than willing to help out house chore if I dont't scrutinise everything. but i will still insist on cleaning the toilet myself because I can't stand a single strand of hair on my light color tiles. lol will probably get a part time maid after i pop to lighten the work load.

On epilator: thanks for the suggestion! i finally bought an epilator to ease the trouble of plucking my underarm hair! i dont't know why i didn't realise how good it is in the past! it's not painful and so much faster compared to me plucking manually. haha. the sale person who promoted me was a guy and he demo it on his hairy hands. I feel bad that he have to epilator all his hair so I felt oblige to buy! but no regrets!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Oooo dragontail - literally, he kissed your ass (拍马屁) hur hur - corny corny.

I have decided to embark on a healthy lifestyle from today onwards. No more soft drinks, no more sweet drink (green tea etc), just plain water. And no more generous slapping of margarine on my sandwich every morning - only whole meal bread and a slice of cheese. 汉堡包 and 薯条only once every fortnight. More vege and tofu and yong tau foo, less bak chor mee and western food. Plus resume 30min daily walk with dog instead of slouching on couch.

Why - I am only 22 weeks and I have put on 10kg!! TEN!! This is despite my once a week yoga, Pilates and swimming sessions. And I dont't even snack on chips, ice cream etc.

My old man also commented "wa, you so heavy now" when we bd recently.

I told myself i can only put on 16kg for this whole pregnancy and now i only have 6kg to go!! cannot ! I'm also scared i'll get gestational diabetes (diabetes is a common trait in my family).

I suspect the immense weight gain has to do with all the unhealthy, not nutritious intake of carbonated drinks and margarine and the fried food. As I said, i am exercising and also never snack and I regularly take 3 meals a day with fruits.

So yes - I am going back to the lifestyle i once embraced with warm water and non-oily healthy eating. This is also better for lil' muffin. And to be honest, I felt more "cleansed" and less lethargic then too.

Ok - other than my massive weight gain (I dont't wanna look like Jabba the Hutt!!) - all is good. Lil' muffin is moving / jabbing more often now (feels like tsunami internally). Thanks for asking dragontail - *muacks*
    did the gynae mention anything about your weight gain? If your weight gain is too much, the gynae would usually ask you to cut down on carbo...have search for this as i am concerned about my weight gain also..
    For BMI lesser than 18.5 = 13kg to 18kg
    For BMI 18.5 to 24.9 = 11kg to 16kg
    For BMI 25 to 29.9 = 7kg to 11kg
    For BMI 30 and above = 5kg to 9kg

Having said that, the weight gain is not something we can control..what we can do is only cut down sweet stuff, carbo and do more exercise etc....
    i am currently 18 weeks but my weight gain is only 1.5kg..so i am also quite concerned too..but my gynae never say anything also..only say is growing well....
    Last edited by nataliengbh; 27-05-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Worthy Lady

Poohy - Yes, its terrible. Are your menses on time?

MissA - Wow, you mean confinement lady is so exp nowadays. I thought 2k plus but I never thought its close 3k.

@lovesbaby: I think it's ranging from 2500-3000. she ask me if my duration will last over CNY. I said no. most probably will need to add in more if its CNY period! >< I only wanted a CL for 1 month. my parents say not enough. but my money also not enough . haha

Thanks everyone for your kind concern. *big muacks*

Yeah my gynae said I putting on too fast. And i am aware of that too. Dr chan is quite peculiar - he thinks 7 to 10kg is enough for average bmi! and he will actually nag if you put on too much!!! But on this, I have decided to disregard dr chan's opinion so going by what dr chew told me previously, I should be putting on about 13 to 16kg.

Yeap I am drinking milk and eating cheese everyday. Just that yes I have to cut down on sugary, oily, fried food and drinks.

from my last checkup - lil' muffin is about 363g. Wahhahaha that is like 4.5% of my weight gain =p

MissA - wa, is your confinement nanny a celebrity nanny? $2.8k is very expensive, plus have to give her 2 red packets plus pay transport to and fro checkpoints plus living expenses. Also, you should consider whether you are ok with those who are legal (ie got work permit) or not so legal (ie on vacation visa). And are you expecting your nanny to clean house too?? When are you due? For me, when I was searching for confinement nannies - most will tell me if available or not on the spot and average is $2.5k for private ones. In the end I got mine from agency but I requested for a specific aunty (whom 2 of my friends used) and only costs $2250. Also I kinda thought agency might be safer cuz if dont like can change... And well, agency cannot run away with your deposit =p I reckon you might wanna do more research and call a few more to get a better understanding of what is available.

@littlej: I was also thinking about agency.... I think I will meet up with her in june 1st and see how. from what I know she just got her SG PR (?!) and if so, does she still need any work permit to be a CL? I heard she can cook very well... I have heard of horror stories from other friends about how their CL dont't know how to cook confinement food and everyday cook ABC soup only. :O like that I also know how to cook! haha

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by missA View Post
    hi everybody hi!
    just had yongtao foo for lunch. i have been craving for hokkien mee but the stall havent been opened since 2 weeks ago! i fear it's close down for good already!
    Just to check, is bittergourd okie during pregnancy?

On confinement lady: my sis recommend one that her friends highly recommended so i called and check if she is available during the period I need her. According to her she is free but she sounds a little "unsure". i ask her if i need to place deposit and she says she will be free during june so we can meet up and discuss. She quoted me 2800 include housework and cooking for hubby. I forsee she will ask for more if she knows what kind of house i am staying.. :/

On husband .vs. housework: I try to be less OCD when i started to trying to concieve so the husband is more than willing to help out house chore if I dont't scrutinise everything. but i will still insist on cleaning the toilet myself because I can't stand a single strand of hair on my light color tiles. lol will probably get a part time maid after i pop to lighten the work load.

On epilator: thanks for the suggestion! i finally bought an epilator to ease the trouble of plucking my underarm hair! i dont't know why i didn't realise how good it is in the past! it's not painful and so much faster compared to me plucking manually. haha. the sale person who promoted me was a guy and he demo it on his hairy hands. I feel bad that he have to epilator all his hair so I felt oblige to buy! but no regrets!
    missA..for epilator..you may wish to check on the manual to see whether it could be used during pregnancy as i understand that some brands say cannot.

MissA - when are you due? Wa... Got sg pr... Maybe that explains for the higher fees. =) oh, for me - the taking care of baby and helping / guiding me on how to look after is of utmost importance. Cooking is second priority and cleaning is last priority. I heard stories from friends, of aunties who can cook but they happily zzzing / snoring at night when baby is crying!! =p

Oh ya - agree with Natalie - better check if epilator can be used for pregnancy.

Worthy Lady

Wow! think its a good industry haaa... n yes I agree with littej, you may want to do a bit more research around.

Tricky, new cycle so brand new good luck to you! About the sinseh at marine parade, dont’t know if he does acupuncture. I dont’t even remember the sinseh’s name :P But my sinseh Dr Wu does acupuncture.

Lovesbaby, wooo 10 dpo means akan datang to test HPT! I have to wait till next week. dont’t search too much on the internet… you’ll get 101 versions on symptoms. Just get off the google and watch some tv or read or go sleep early J

missA, haha I laughed so hard. Luckily the sale guy didn’t get too passionate to removing his shirt and start to demo on his armpits! Lol. I did use my epilator during my BFP, because my gf who popped also used the same brand. But everytime before I used back then, I will rub my tummy gently and tell the fellow inside “mummy going to use this machine ok. dont’t be scared of the sound”. Because I scared the sound may startle the one inside!

Natalie, your 1.5kg vs 10kg of littlej, hehehhe. I also think so long your gynae gives your assurance, then dont’t worry already. You might just gain some pounds during 3rd trime.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Tricky, new cycle so brand new good luck to you! About the sinseh at marine parade, dont’t know if he does acupuncture. I dont’t even remember the sinseh’s name :P But my sinseh Dr Wu does acupuncture.

Lovesbaby, wooo 10 dpo means akan datang to test HPT! I have to wait till next week. dont’t search too much on the internet… you’ll get 101 versions on symptoms. Just get off the google and watch some tv or read or go sleep early J

missA, haha I laughed so hard. Luckily the sale guy didn’t get too passionate to removing his shirt and start to demo on his armpits! Lol. I did use my epilator during my BFP, because my gf who popped also used the same brand. But everytime before I used back then, I will rub my tummy gently and tell the fellow inside “mummy going to use this machine ok. dont’t be scared of the sound”. Because I scared the sound may startle the one inside!

Natalie, your 1.5kg vs 10kg of littlej, hehehhe. I also think so long your gynae gives your assurance, then dont’t worry already. You might just gain some pounds during 3rd trime.
    I have MS until now and there are times when i vomit 1 to 3 meals per day..sighs...

Dr tee see the crown rump length and say its okay..growing well...he doesnt seem to look at my weight..haha

i remember when it is my girl, i gain around 500g to 1 kg per week during the last two mths...my dau was 3.125 kg when she was born...

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, I feel a bit sad as my temp dropped from 36.7 to 36.2 this morning. Does it means no chances already?
    Oki, I try not to read too much from internet. Hands n heart itchy together. Today also no creamy MC.

oh btw regarding the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade. Ok I dont't know how true this is. But one doc has advised me not to go to the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade (but other TCMs ok). Again, let me reinforce I have nothing against the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade (Cuz in the first place, Marine Parade is too far and I dont't want to travel that distance!). This was just advice I'm reiterating from the doc.

Wow Nat - 1.5kg only? Have you found out if boy or girl?

Dragontail, Dr Wu is at bukit Batok right ?

littlej, I also had echoes that one traditional chinese medicine in Marine Parade was not good but I have no car and my hubby is already pulling long face on the baby making expenditure :/ so does your gyne recommend any good acu traditional chinese medicine not too pricey hehe (maybe asking for too much)

thanks for the help ladies

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    oh btw regarding the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade. Ok I dont't know how true this is. But one doc has advised me not to go to the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade (but other TCMs ok). Again, let me reinforce I have nothing against the traditional chinese medicine @ Marine Parade (Cuz in the first place, Marine Parade is too far and I dont't want to travel that distance!). This was just advice I'm reiterating from the doc.

Wow Nat - 1.5kg only? Have you found out if boy or girl?
    littlej: from 5 weeks to 18 weeks..i gain 1.5kg.
    gynae say most prob a girl..but will know for sure in 10 Jun when i go for detailed scan...
    to me..after going thru so much just to have a second child, as long as healthy..i am happy already..
    if really a girl..my daughter will be the most happiest person in the world as she say she want a sister because she is a girl so we shall see

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    littlej: from 5 weeks to 18 weeks..i gain 1.5kg.
    gynae say most prob a girl..but will know for sure in 10 Jun when i go for detailed scan...
    to me..after going thru so much just to have a second child, as long as healthy..i am happy already..
    if really a girl..my daughter will be the most happiest person in the world as she say she want a sister because she is a girl so we shall see
    Yes, I agree. So long as baby is healthy, nothing else matters that much. Haaa... sometimes the elder sibling are quite accurate at times. heee

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

reading all your stuff on hubbies being lazy and not sharing/doing good housework all so cute. thank you for giving me entertainment during my superlong and super anxious 2ww.. Mine also belongs to same category except slightly worse - only son and only child.. in the beginning i thought to myself, i am so screwed after we get our own place.. but slowly, he learn to help.. except i have to redo most of his very excellent work.. even he bathe also super fast!! so that he can play more computer game... at times i will ask him, Eh!! you bathe so fast, are you sure you bathe cleanly and washed all your VIP (very important parts)?? haha

dragontail - thanks! i went to search for TCMs in marine parade area.. found one that is recommended from other forums called Ban Choon Chan at marine parade central. Is this the one you are referring to? Im ok with brewing herbs.. in fact, i can drink black bitter soup better than the powdery 'soil' like sachets from EYS... haha.. im weird.

little j - oops! is the marine parade traditional chinese medicine Ban Choon Chan that your gynae say dont visit? Any idea why? Great that you are eating more healthy food for your little muffin. Though, as long as muffin weighs just fine and muffin's weight is growing steadily and correctly, that is most important.

natalie - not to worry about gaining too little weight.. as long as gynae says your baby is healthy and well, enjoy your little weight gain! It must be great to still feel slim. And dont worry. The weight gain may happen only later on around end 2nd or 3rd trimester when your lil one decides to have a bigger and heavier swimming pool to tsunami around... heehee...

Everyone else still waiting for O or in the 2ww, jiayou!! Blue monday is ending soon!

Worthy Lady

Happily married, you are same as me! Haaaa... I faced the stress when my mother in law comes into the picture when her son do too much housework.
    N yes, I think boys are boys. They lovedddd to play computer. How many day are you in the 2ww?

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

lovesbaby - im day 6 into 2ww. Feels sooo long. How about you? I think i saw you mention that you are in the middle of your 2ww? Heh.. this thread is so quick to update! Yes agreed! Boys will always be boys. So, from our kids generation onwards, if i have a son, i will make sure i train him to be independent! Then my mother in law tells me.. that is easier said than done... hmm...

Lovesbaby, that’s the thing about BBT. Our emos go along with the ups and downs of it! Love it or hate it I guess I still love it because I’m still measuring my temps every morn. Last cycle I still told myself “next time just keep away the thermometer after I’ve O-ed”. Very hard to do that. Haa. Speaking personally for myself, my last 2 bfps I never had a temp dip during 2ww (happened only when MC was happening). My bfp charts are very high and nice. My temp dips during 2ww only happened when they were bfn cycles. I guess that’s why I’m still doing BBT-ing because they tell a few signs since I know my chart patterns. HOWEVER, I know every pregnancy is different and I see a lot of BFP charts in FF that have deep valleys during 2ww. Therefore, me and you have to remember that nothing is impossible until we see AF, or best of the best, never for next 8 months.

Tricky, Dr Wu appears in AMK during Wed and Sun only. Other days she is in Jurong. Her acupuncture is $15 or $25. Darn cannot remember.

Oh no! Ya ya I think it’s that Ban sinseh you girls are talking about. Er… what is it that I missed out? I want to know.

my mother in law is those very traditional one, ever since i moved in with my in laws, i have been my hub's laundry slave.
    i have to hand washing his work shirt, underwear and socks, everyday. and machine wash our clothes twice a week. i come from a family with maid, i have never done laundry in my whole life..really FML.
    when i asked him to just wash his own underwear and socks, he will reply me, 'my mom do for me last time'. omg...really spoilt ttm >.<

anyway, i'm not sure if i have O-ed, yday i had creamy CM, tdy like dont have anything. any adv? TIA