Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 36 of 912 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 86 136 536 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Yaya saw a lot of encouraging posts here.. Hehe...

Worthy Lady

Yaya saw a lot of encouraging posts here.. Hehe

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

@bammy hugs for you.
    just out of curiousity.
    how is your daily lifestyle like?
    you dont smoke/drink right?
    while you sleep do you have aircon / fan blowing from your toes to your head?
    or the aircon / fan is not facing your toes at all?

Quincy definitely an emotionally, physically and financially demanding process. But I feel (from reading other forums) the worse part is ART is not guaranteed success after going through everything. On a positive note, there is still a glimmer of hope for couples who can't conceive naturally due to one reason or another compared to before. I read even adopted children are entitled to baby bonus as long as they are registered as Spore Citizens..
    Adrenalin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by superwomancqy View Post
    Quincy definitely an emotionally, physically and financially demanding process. But I feel (from reading other forums) the worse part is ART is not guaranteed success after going through everything. On a positive note, there is still a glimmer of hope for couples who can't conceive naturally due to one reason or another compared to before. I read even adopted children are entitled to baby bonus as long as they are registered as Spore Citizens..
    ok now i feel emo .
    i think i'll take things naturally from now. hehe dont mind me.

I didnt know that about the bonus for the adopted babies. I think that's a brilliant news.

I didnt read in details on the new baby bonus updates. So is it confirmed daddy can get one week paternity leave from government and he can also steal one week leave from mommy's? I text-ed my hubby who is in reservist now about this in the morning.

Worthy Lady

Quincy, I dont't drink and smoke but my hubby is a smoker! I didn't on aircon but my fan is blowing straight to us frm the side (no turning).

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    thks for your help.
    i am thinking about going for medical help.
    i heard that it is quite an emotional process for some people.
    i do not wish to be emo towards my husband.
    Yup actually going more invasive I think will be more emo. For those who use hormones maybe even super more emo due to the side effects. But at NUH, the team stresses that spousal support is important, most people are involved in the process as a couple. They also have a psychologist as part of their team, to address any issues you have. Actually it can be quite a relief to just blab out to a psychologist if you r not comfortable with talking to other ivf couples support groups.

Worthy Lady

@dragontail: "

1. The Government recognises that fathers play an important role inraising children. To emphasise the importance of shared parentingresponsibility, and to support fathers in bonding with and caring for theirnewborn, working fathers will receive 1 week of Government-Paid PaternityLeave, to be taken within 16 weeks after the birth of their Singapore Citizenchild. Paternity leave can be taken flexibly within 12 months after the birth ofthe child, if there is mutual agreement between the employer and employeecriteria: 2. Working fathers, including those who are self-employed, will be entitledto 1 week of Government-Paid Paternity Leave for all births provided theymeet the following criteria:

1. a) Child is a Singapore Citizen born on or after 1 May 2013
      b) The child’s parents are lawfully married;
      c)Father must have served his employer for a continuous duration of atleast 3 calendar months immediately preceding the birth of the child;
      or
      For self-employed fathers, they must have been engaged in a particularbusiness/ trade/ profession for a continuous duration of at least 3calendar months immediately preceding the birth of the child; and havelost income as a result of not engaging in the trade, business,profession or vocation during the paternity leave period.

[IMG]file:///page11image11640[/IMG]

4. To encourage shared parental responsibility and give working couplesadditional flexibility for care-giving arrangements, working fathers will also beentitled to share 1 week of the 16 weeks of maternity leave, subject to theagreement of the mother, if the mother qualifies for Government-PaidMaternity Leave. 5. Working fathers, including those who are self-employed, will be entitledto 1 week of shared parental leave provided they meet the following criteria:

1. a) Child is a Singapore Citizen born on or after 1 May 2013;
    2. b) Mother qualifies for Government-Paid Maternity Leave;
    3. c) Father is lawfully married to the child’s mother. "

Last edited by Adrenalin; 22-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Oh so it's just one week paternity? Thought it's two weeks (ie one week as above shared; and another from mommy's maternity). Thanks Adrenaline!

Worthy Lady

Adrenalin, I do have the emo feeling too... Worst still, i suffer headache almost at the same timing which is during afternoon (after i took puregon jab)..
    Last edited by bammy; 22-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Dragontail.. fathers can share 1 week paternity leave with their spouse's maternity leave. Just need some coordination on both ends..

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Oh so it's just one week paternity? Thought it's two weeks (ie one week as above shared; and another from mommy's maternity). Thanks Adrenaline!
    Think have one week paternity, and can take one week from the maternity (shared parental leave scheme). Which means mother will have less one week from her maternity.

@bammy
    trust that your husband is cutting down on smoking now that you are trying so hard
    my traditional chinese medicine doc advises me that for guys' should be towards the cooling ("liang") side.
    smoking, using of ipad/phone near the crotch elevates temperatures.
    for women should be geared towards warm side.

@adrenaline
    thanks so much loves you.
    i shall help you here by posting the webpages.
    Straits Times - 1 week Government-paid paternity leave now part of parenthood package
    MOM - Paternity Leave
    Hey Baby - Hey ♥ Baby - Paternity Leave
    eCitizen - eCitizen - Topics - Pro-family leave schemes available

actually i didn't think about what benefits that i can get. only thing i think of if i get preggie is who to look after my baby (infant/childcare centres etc.)
    and any higher subsidy this year if i were to send my baby there.
    but now since discussion is pretty heated up, i guess i better be aware :P

Worthy Lady

quincy, noted perhaps I shall try traditional chinese medicine as well

@Dragontail
    if you read straits times, the 1 week is in addition to the paternity leave.
    that means yes you are right. 1 week + 1 week or something like that.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by bammy View Post
    Adrelina, I do have the emo feeling too... Worst still, i suffer headache almost at the same timing which is during afternoon (after i took puregon jab)..
    Think you shld mention to dr when you next see him about the headaches and emo. I think the headaches are side effects from the jab. Usually when I am emo, I find things to do that soothe or relax me. Example, relaxation music, looking through holiday photos, recently coming to forum to blab (be it about discomfort from having to open legs to get prod prod like a cow), and now.. Looking at my new water jasmines and thinking how to prune it. Stuff like that helps. When I used to work, and emo.. I go for brisk walking during lunch. Definitely need to express or soothe self when emo, otherwise trying to concieve will take a toll.

I do emo to my hubby too. Not often but will prep him a bit before I emo. Like let him have his hot meals, bath and tv/comp time first. Then tell him I want attention then if he ok, I emo!
    Last edited by Adrenalin; 22-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Worthy Lady

My new cycle started, I tell myself to try another few months else go Ivf. But want Ivf also dont know go where.

Quote Originally Posted by mintminer View Post
    My new cycle started, I tell myself to try another few months else go Ivf. But want Ivf also dont know go where.
    no worries we can help you

@adrenaline
    hugs to such a brave you.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
    Think you shld mention to dr when you next see him about the headaches and emo. I think the headaches are side effects from the jab. Usually when I am emo, I find things to do that soothe or relax me. Example, relaxation music, looking through holiday photos, recently coming to forum to blab (be it about discomfort from having to open legs to get prod prod like a cow), and now.. Looking at my new water jasmines and thinking how to prune it. Stuff like that helps. When I used to work, and emo.. I go for brisk walking during lunch. Definitely need to express or soothe self when emo, otherwise trying to concieve will take a toll.
    Nod nod...
    Going to meet the doc tomorrow and this time round die die have to bombard him questions, didnt expect to get this response frm doc, just told me only need 3-4 eggs, you take one mroe jab come back tomorrow again, I wasn't very sure whether did i hear wrongly then i asked again, he raised his voice -.-

Nod nod...
    Going to meet the doc tomorrow and this time round die die have to bombard him questions, didnt expect to get this response frm doc, just told me only need 3-4 eggs, you take one mroe jab come back tomorrow again, I wasn't very sure whether did i hear wrongly then i asked again, he raised his voice -.-
    wa lao
    serious bad doctor.
    from where one? i blacklist him.
    but is it recently iui + ivf all long q until become this kind of situation?

Worthy Lady

quincy, kkivf.. a guy with spec around 40 litat (shall not name him).
    not sure is it coz of long q but i was the 5th patient, and every patient took about 5 minutes... cant expect much frm govt?

Worthy Lady

Nod nod...
    I agree, I think your dr has rather bad bedside manners. But if you r doing iui, and if you r young, and if your follicles are all nice and big.. May have chance of mutiples. 3-4 sounds like a lot? Which hospital? I am seeing Nuh and so far so good.
    Last edited by Adrenalin; 22-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.

quincy, kkivf.. a guy with spec around 40 litat (shall not name him).
    not sure is it coz of long q but i was the 5th patient, and every patient took about 5 minutes... cant expect much frm govt?
    oh...40+ . no wonder so grumpy.

speaking of which ladies, my AF is expected to come end of this week *gasp*
    but not good news for this month because having loads of stress and husband away on biz trip when i had smiley face
    :@

Worthy Lady

@ Adrenalin, i have 3 at left side and 5 at right side and biggest was only 8,5 follow by 8 sigh.. btw im with kkivf. Kinda clueless after the 5 jabs, e biggest was only 8.5, not sure normal or not... NUH can use medisave? in kkivf, i will need to spend about 1-1.5k according to the nurse, so far i have spent about 990+

@quincy, hugz...