Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by happilymarried good morn ladies! missy10 - did you & hubby enjoy the sweet treat that you baked ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    good morn ladies!

missy10 - did you & hubby enjoy the sweet treat that you baked last night? remember to grab a bite first tonight if your hubby is late & give him cutoff time to inform you.

littlej - I have heard of a story similar. happened to a friend's relative. And I think it was almost full term & the baby was strangled by own umbilical cord so gave birth to a still born. This type of situation I always thought can save? if baby's movements are dropping near full term, can the mom choose to induce earlier? it is still possible to save the baby right?
    cannot induce..cos if natural birth and you are pushing ..the coil will strangle the baby..my sister also has a close encounter on this. She was pushing and in the midst of the process,..baby in distress and she was pushed to OT for emergency c-sect....then realised that the umblical cord was around my nephew's neck...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    missy10 - see? your hubby actually very curious about lil muffin on the inside. so cute.. I bet he cant wait to know.

which is the earliest week of pregnancy one will know the gender of baby?

dragontail - nothing is confirmed at this stage so dont think negatively. keep your spirits high!

Poohy, hugs. I know this is not easy. But hey, it doesn mean it wont happen positive next time! Jiayou jiayou dont’t give up. Talk to us ok.

Just emailed my hubby and told him about my temp dip. He asked “dip is good or no good?”. Have to explain all the progesterone thing to him. :P

Imperial Concubine

thanks happilymarried. guess i wasnt having super high hopes also so dont feel thatttt bad though still disappointed. Well will try again this cycle..and meaning gonna start taking the vitamins again!

Thanks happilymarried! I love your positivity and I know I can do it just like you too. I take each day as it comes J

Today I dont’t feel hungry already. Now I feel like having a big bowl of salad!!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

361 pages already!! -__-

I also agree with the washing of panties but not briefs myth. I dont't understand why I must wash my own underwear while my hubby's underwear can mix with my clothes to wash....guys' underwear are dirty as well what....when they pee, they dont't use toilet paper....at least we do....
    nxt time i must ask my son to wash his own deh kor too...not fair ! My grandma also told me not to hang my underwear above the head...becos very suay for a guy to walk under...as if my man's underwear not suay! i dont't understand....i think cos last time they favour boys, so girls must behave like maids, guys behave like kings.....hmm...come to think of it, later go home set new house rule....my hubby must wash his own underwear...

Imperial Concubine
    Thanks dragontail. ..well this is not the first time I failed iui...hah plus the day of procedure I already grumbled and unhappy due to low counts and heavy rain. So....didnt have high hopes. I just pray that I wont have to go thru ivf....sigh. my girl been wanting to have a baby....shes too lonely.

Good morning =)

Deh kor stories - my grandma also has this thing about not walking beneath underwear. So I was trained since young never to walk below hdb kitchen windows (cuz ppl will hang out laundry) - not because tek ko will drop but because ppl hang deh kor on tek ko! Even today, it has become ingrained in me - my old man always laugh at me - saying I more Lao tu than him =p

Poohy - please dont't be discouraged, I also did IUI and failed. I can give you the contact of the doc who helped me conceive naturally if you want? I mean, I dont't know if he is that 'geng' but I like to believe he did help me...

Dragontail - I'll PM you for the details of the infant care. Actually, it is not that I want infant care. My mum is asking $$$ plus a full time maid to take care of my lil' muffin. Of course i was prepared to offer the maid, but the amount of $$$ she is looking at, is way more than what me and hubby expected. So we decided to take a look at infant care first. If we use infant care, then we won't need a full time helper. And to be honest, we are also not comfortable with a full time helper staying with us cuz used to our own privacy!

Imperial Concubine

littlej- issit the traditional chinese medicine Dr Wu?

Dragontail - it may be implantation dip like mine..... dont let your mood affect your TWW.....

Natalie - oh my.. luckily the doc realised and all is well now with baby and the mother.. I cant imagine otherwise. I think more and more ladies opt for c-sect nowadays? seems safer for the baby.

TVH - when i was young my aunt ( dad's oldest sis) strictly doesnt allow hanging ladies underwear outside the house! you know the bamboo pole of underwear has to be hung indoors n on those Y stand in the balcony. duh! I swear if I have a little boy, im going to teach him right. the hubby washing his own underwear part.. hmm if I make my hubby wash his own, sure will turn out not clean just like the dishes. sigh

TVH - agreed their underwear is dirtier, cos they always swing swing after pee without using tissue,
    Once i asked hubby, y you men cannot use toilet paper, he answered, eeee thats so gay.... all men stand unzip pee swing n zip, then how to use tissue.....

Littlej, I also dont like a helper lingering around the house whole day long. No privacy indeed. But of course if one day I got a 10 bedrooms bunglow then different story. These days new house so small...wanna get a pet already worried no space. One more human lagi cramp.

Missy10, I never got ID from my 2 bfp charts. But then, I know nothing is sure till my 14dpo

Another myth I dont understand and dont care is cannot hang clothes outside at night or else something spooky will possess your clothes. -_-

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

haha swing swing...ya precisely ...why we can use toilet paper, they can't...i find it very disgusting that his underwear mix with my clothes...so i told him if you dont't want to wash your own underwear, then you mix your own clothes to wash....i wash mine as separate batch....

same same....i was told not to walk under the area of hdb blocks where they hang their laundry becos very suay if got underwear hanging above the head...but i was more afraid of ppl throwing things down and dripping laundry...also quite suay if the laundry drips on the head....shrugs..

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

*hugs* poohy...dont't give up...maybe you too stressed ...take some time off before trying again...have a good rest first....i agree must keep yourself happy happy...positive mindset very impt...let's all jia you together....

does anyone know if chicken essence and bottled bird's nest are ok to be consumed during 2ww? just realised I have never checked it out with my gynae before. thanks!

Poohy - the western doc. Lemme know if you want his details.

Missy10 - hee hee, your hubby very cute!!! See your hubby does care for you. Guys just show it differently.

Hahaha - I also asked my old man why he dont use tissue paper and he also said swing swing clean already. I said Swing twice and thrice where got clean. hmm, i will teach lil' muffin to use tissue paper after pee pee, plus make sure must swing thoroughly - up, down, left, right and repeat 3 times. Peeing seems like such a troublesome affair now.

Hahaha I just Whatsapp my hubby that tonight we will do a boxer test. he should smell his boxers when he reach home - if no smell then clean. If got smell means confirmed I am right - he never swing clean clean... =p

Happily married - folks here have advised can take chicken essence during 2ww. Supposedly it is good!!! I did that =)

Erm because ppl say dont take bird nest during first trimester so I assume better dont take during 2ww?!?

Worthy Lady

Littlej, I fully understand where your hubby is coming from. It’s quite sad but sometimes its true.
    Nothing is firm until the baby is born. I guess that’s the reason why some mummies are being low profile until babies are out.

Missy10, I like your dream haaa…

Dragontail, mine dropped too today, another 1 degree. Haa I liked the way you are so patient and explaining over and over to your hubby, Men are cute creatures haa.

Poohy, oh dear dont be sad. Try again! This is your last menses for the year! N I think my AF is also on her way LLL

Imperial Concubine

littlej- guess i'm not changing western doc as yet since i'm given another dose of clomid already. But am just thinking if we should go see traditional chinese medicine but we only have 2 weeks before we do our next IUI?
    TVH- haha i just rested since last year until now then redo IUI. I stopped a while already..so this time cannot rest..must continue to try until positive. otherwise time is running out.

thanks lovesbaby

heh, since af is here, i hack care and bought cold drink for lunch! and i'm going to eat rum and raisin ice cream this week before O!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Those superstition includes men cannot touch sanitary pads if not bad luck also right? I wash everything together. Already So many clothes sometimes some not enough to wash 1load, So mix all together.

Littlej: need start to look for infant care . Heard my side Punggol all waiting list. Even by the time pop out still waiting list. Same for child care

Yesterday super busy. And my colleague kenna dismiss for not important reason. Whole company abit demoralized sian

Dragontail, maybe not ID but estrogen surge. apparently quite common around that time of cycle.

Poohy, dont't worry, take it as this cycle was not optimal and you have another chance of fortifying your system.

I dont't understand why mothers dont't let their sons wash their own UW. Also my hubby who has lived in Singapore much longer than me said that husbands refuse to buy tampons or pads for their wives as its super taboo, aiyoh is that true ?

littlej, who's your miracle doctor ? I still dont't have an appointed gyne (only from Kandang Kerbau Hospital and doesn't really seem interested)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:792377
    Littlej, I also dont like a helper lingering around the house whole day long. No privacy indeed. But of course if one day I got a 10 bedrooms bunglow then different story. These days new house so small...wanna get a pet already worried no space. One more human lagi cramp.

Missy10, I never got ID from my 2 bfp charts. But then, I know nothing is sure till my 14dpo

Another myth I dont understand and dont care is cannot hang clothes outside at night or else something spooky will possess your clothes. -_-
    Miracle may happen, you wont know.... my mother in law dont let me wash clothes at night.... actually i also scare hang clothes outside, cos since young(only child mah) will scare go toilet in the kitchen in midnight, cos mummy always hang her dress up on top, it looks like hanging a human at night.... therefore.... i dont hang clothes at night too.... hahahahah

Littlej - eeewww... smell boxer test.... sure have smell ... cos no matter how they hew also not clean ..... thats the reason y i wear panytliner everyday..... hahahahahha....

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:792357
    missy10 - see? your hubby actually very curious about lil muffin on the inside. so cute.. I bet he cant wait to know.

which is the earliest week of pregnancy one will know the gender of baby?

dragontail - nothing is confirmed at this stage so dont think negatively. keep your spirits high!
    The gender should be on 20th week, the detailed scan..... 7-8weeks should be able to hear heartbeat..... as heart is form in week 5(depends the growth too) so now everyday.... i will feel the tummy see got another different beat anot