Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; missy: cutting off cold drinks its like so difficult ....but but....i will try my best! jiayou jiayou!! lilhamster: sorry...may i ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

missy: cutting off cold drinks its like so difficult ....but but....i will try my best! jiayou jiayou!!

lilhamster: sorry...may i know what is lrd? saying that...i just spend 20mins handwashing hub's shirts last nite, and my company is doing budgeting now...stressed ttm! urghzz. pork liver sounds really good and im a big fan of liver, but my office here dont sell ...so sad.

btw...do take care of yourself and hope you get well soon
    Last edited by lishan0613; 29-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Longan red dates tea! i bought some cubes with brown sugar from taiwan. Sg one shop got sell too but limited stock n abit pricey. Ohhh, btw my aunt knows about this lrd cubes too when i msg her the other time, she says she always use that to make tangyuan soup during cny and she bought them in chinatown..

I made the pork liver soup myself. Add some DOM inside. sometimes the supermarket nearby also no pork liver.. need to go Nex or sengkang to buy.. high demand I guess -.- maybe next round should try add the chicken essence inside the soup see how it taste Hehe

I know someone mentioned (TVH isit you?) no LRD during 2ww. But I made twice during this 2ww. I think it is ok. I generally love the drink so couldn’t resist.

As for cold drinks, in traditional chinese medicine term, is a no no for trying to concieve. Before this cycle, I still drink cold drinks like say once a week. This cycle, I have totally omitted it. I dont’t even drink room temperature plain water anymore. Every mouth, the water has to be warm. In fact, I’m used to it already after a week +! Now even drinking room temp water feels like a cold one to me. I also totally stop hot tea (any kind) this cycle. Prior, I have it like every other day. I dont’t know if this helps for me . Anyway, I dont’t have any withdrawal syndrome so I feel fine without those past dosage

Liver soup is very very good! But I seriously cannot take it. The last time I had was during confinement. Drink already wanna die. (hhaha ok over exaggerate). So if you ladies can, drink that more like how littlehamster is doing.

And I drink chix essence with my nose pinched

i really salute you ladies for making such effort just to get conceive. kudos!!

side track: may i know what's LRD?

lishan, LRD = longan red dates. It's the drinks we are talking about

dragon/lil hamster: ohh ohh....so sorry....blurzzzz me. thanks for the headsup.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    longan red date tea

dragontail - yesyes! I should be testing soon! nervous~~ maybe tomorrow morning aahhhh.. excited! been feeling so tired these past few days.. & everytime drink warm water at home I will sweat like a pig. this weather is just too much.

Liver OK not that bad . Hehe. Hubby also say he is a liver person. I worry he dont't eat when I cook liver (oyster sauce stir fry w Ginger and spring onions ) but OK , he say yummy haha. I eat pate and chicken livers too. Nice yummy. I read a book that if want replenish blood only need eat livers and blood. The iron in vegetables.or seaweed won't help much

is implantation beeding a real thing? has anyone had any implantation bleeding before and what is it like exactly?

Happilymarried, omg tomorrow morning is it! Will you update us tomorrow morning?

I dont’t eat 4 legged, more so what’s inside them. Actually I also dont’t eat duck. I eat chicken but i dont’t touch their internal. Ya I’m very troublesome. Haa. Those that I dont’t eat I find them smelling too strong!

IB aka implantation bleeding can be real thing for some ladies only. I had it once. The following day after the spotting, I got the bfp which I lost eventually. It was just a one time thing. Like a 20cts coin size on my panty. Light brown and very little.

littlej - about the freezing sperms thing, its actually very common especially for those doing ivf here in sg. because hubby may be travelling for work & egg retrieval cannot be planned so much in advance. army waits but egg cannot wait

for iui sperm freezing is because on day of iui some husbands nervous and spill while doing in a cup. so a frozen sample will help. otherwise on morning of iui if he says he spill or miss the cup, then that cycle will be wasted. also good for the hubby cos he knows he has 1 frozen to use so not so stressed on day of iui.

dragontail - yess!! I will update definitely! all of you have been super nice & encouraging. I really appreciate everyone's kind words & sharing. & no no on the rides ya? you have to keep up the good work so far.

I will continue to jiayou & cheer everyone to jiayou too!

talk about liver. I love liver too. is kidney just as good in blood replenishing? they always sell liver and kidney together. sometimes find different stalls liver a bit too powdery.

hamster: liver with oyster sauce and ginger definitely sounds super yummy!! i can't cook loh...even if i can, i wont do it at my in-law place. feel so restricted esp if i dirty her kitchen :S

happily married: hope to hear good news from you tomorrow. so so looking forward!

morning ladies,

I was in a great mood and was ready more than ever to trying to concieve properly with a more positive outlook when I just found out a friend of mine was going to be a father. He's 40 and just recently married (like 2 weeks ago) to my knowledge he's the unhealthiest person I know. He drinks tremendously, smokes alot too and has the unhealthiest diet (he once confessed he never ate greens and hated them) I know his wife also drinks alo too, they are like to party kind.

Actually last year he went for surgery because his heart is in bad condition, and has 4 stents in heart arteries. But then instead of turning his life around he still continued drinking, smoking and eating unhealthy.
    I am really very happy that he will be a dad because he's a very good friend but I just can't help but to wonder why are we doing all this to ourselves. A bit upsetting I must say and I just came to the conclusion that expectation is not a good thing. No point in waiting and looking for the water to boil. so Im going back to running ! lol. sorry ladies but in need to rant

tvh - no running! strictly cannot run & bounce bounce! especially if low placenta. one of my clients many years back also same problem. her boss saw her running in the office & he shouted so loud to her not to run. I can still remember.

Hi tricky.

I feel everything has its time regardless what we do or dont’t do (to certain extend definitely). I also wonder why my first bfp came sudden when I was drinking cold stuff, smoking, slept little, etc. But when I am so careful with most things now, it still hasn’t come back.

So I feel YAY you go run girl! Life's too short to wait for things to happen.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    TVH- thanks! shall go watsons and see during lunch later and force hubby gulp them down! desperate measures.haha

dragontail/missy10 - yar ..the impact of cold water is great! hahaha..

by way, i'm sleeping on platform...does it affect my chances of preg since i've to stand up everyday from the mattress...heard cannot squat during 2ww? is that why me no success?

oh wantonmee ...hugs....fully understand. lets jia you together. Tricky also around same timing as us. 2 days diff i think.

hmm where's superwomancgy? so long never 'hear' or see her reply....

does the chinese gender prediction really 100% accurate?
    Not sure on the platform thingy..cos for my daughter, i am sleeping on platform bed for nearly 4 years prior..but was on birth control pills at that time...one or two months after i stop, i conceive her....

the gender prediction thingy is true for my girl...for this current one, i will update after 10 jun....hehe

tricky: you going back to running? you mean you sacrifice your exercises for t-tc? me too. i can do my jogging now since cant bd for 1 month~ yay~

TVH: no need to run. you r preggie. enjoy being pampered. so being late is also your priviledge.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Happilymarried, omg tomorrow morning is it! Will you update us tomorrow morning?

I dont’t eat 4 legged, more so what’s inside them. Actually I also dont’t eat duck. I eat chicken but i dont’t touch their internal. Ya I’m very troublesome. Haa. Those that I dont’t eat I find them smelling too strong!

IB aka implantation bleeding can be real thing for some ladies only. I had it once. The following day after the spotting, I got the bfp which I lost eventually. It was just a one time thing. Like a 20cts coin size on my panty. Light brown and very little.
    i only eat chicken and fish...maybe a bit of duck..esp beijing roasted duck..or dian xiao er herbal duck..

tricky - I know what you mean. I had many friends who dated later than me, got married later than me (date 5-6 months then marry). their babies r now turning 2 or 3. And I am now still running this race against my own internal clock. I still want to have the energy to carry and play with my kid. or maybe 2 kids if my body can handle it.

to be honest, I am really envious of you ladies who can conceive naturally or with just a little bit of help. when I started my painful journey, I cried buckets of tears asking my hubby why do I have to go through so much pain and disappointment for so long. there was a period of time I felt so ashamed of my own body that I couldnt get pregnant. but that is all in the past now. in order to get my bfp, I needed to be happier and enjoy the process more. need more injections - ha! bring it on! it will just prep me for giving birth next time. I am proud of all the colourful bruises on my tummy. haha. I am fearless now in trying to concieve. but I still fear cockroaches tho.

Kidney no effect on blood replenish, only liver and blood. Sg no more fresh blood cakes after they closed down all the farms

Ok can I know what is platform bed??

yes, I dont't want to sacrifice what makes me happy and feel good for the sake of trying to attempt for bfp.

Happilymarried I dont't even know if I can get pregnant naturally as I never ever had a bfp. I was very cautious before for many years being on BC and have only been doing unprotected for 5 months. I can only rely on my menses being regular, I dont't suffer during AF and my temps always shift but than if all these are positive signs why can't I get pregnant ?
    But I agree with Dragontail about timing. And furthermore I always noticed that couples get their bfp when they expect it the least

Quote Originally Posted by lishan0613:792657
    missy: cutting off cold drinks its like so difficult ....but but....i will try my best! jiayou jiayou!!

lilhamster: sorry...may i know what is lrd? saying that...i just spend 20mins handwashing hub's shirts last nite, and my company is doing budgeting now...stressed ttm! urghzz. pork liver sounds really good and im a big fan of liver, but my office here dont sell ...so sad.

btw...do take care of yourself and hope you get well soon
    Im sure you can do it... cos last time in my fridge all cold drinks n nothing..... straight home mist take drinks from fridge, even milo have to be iced..... then during trying to concieve while on traditional chinese medicine, drink mineral water, not cold no ice, hot milo, no green tea (takes away folic acid) drink LRD, bring thermo flask wherever i go... drink warm water....

Working in office, i suppose its even easier to discipline yourself away from cold drinks....
    Last edited by Missy10; 29-05-2013 at 12:50 PM.