Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 37 of 912 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 87 137 537 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; @bammy thanks good news for me that i am not preggers in end of jan because i have spent a ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

@bammy thanks
    good news for me that i am not preggers in end of jan because i have spent a lot for CNY clothings T.T

Worthy Lady

tell me about it, i have yet to shop for cny's clothings ...
    sorry, may i knw your situation now? trying to concieve for how long ?

Worthy Lady

@bammy: so r you on iui or Ivf now? I have not't started on my Ivf as yet. But from ivf talk I remembered they said each follicle shld be about 2cm, and some people can have up to 10 follicles from each ovary. And that will cause discomfort, as you will have a 20cm grapefruit on each side. I also understood that not every follicle will carry a mature egg suitable for Ivf, so when your dr said about eggs, maybe he meant 3-4 mature eggs?

Medisave, can only be used 3 times for any ART (IUI, IVF). So you shld be able to use medisave for your iui or ivf even at nuh, as long as you have not used it 3 times in any other hospital for ART. But most people use medisave for IVF and not iui, as iui is cheaper, they save the medisave chance for Ivf. How expensive IVF and IUI depends on dosage of hormones and medicines you will be using. I did 2 iuis at Gleneagles not Nuh. Without hormones jabs but have progesterone support post iui, and each time came up to around $700 (including sperm washing, iui is about 400-500).

IVF at Nuh, cost is about $12000 - $14000 for me because I need higher dosage of hormones. I think normally it is $2000 lesser. But with co funding of $6,300 from
    gov now, and plus capped withdrawal from medisave of $6000 for 1st cycle, out of pocket is lesser now.
    Last edited by Adrenalin; 22-01-2013 at 08:47 PM.

me?
    been trying to concieve since June 2011 T.T
    my last vagina ultrasound states that i am ok. no sign of blocked tubes or ovary prob etc.
    just retroverted uterus and blood cysts on both ovaries. western doc & traditional chinese medicine doc says ok.

for husband last check up says 50% abnormal sperm shape.
    traditional chinese medicine doc says just need to take tonic and make sure in cooling area.

Worthy Lady

@adrenalin, thank you for the information. I am in iui now, and yes he did mention 3-4 eggs but never mention on mature eggs. He just told me too many eggs also not good, advised me to take a jab today and go for scan tomorrow. Still dont knw how to tell my boss about it

I paid 222++ for the puregon, 760++ for scan and blood test (hep b, c hiv etc). Progesterone? i guess i need to google first, saw quite a lot of short froms and medical jargons here @.@

Worthy Lady

@quincy, mine both of us is normal and ok but still... wondering y, keeps having negative thoughts like is it coz last time i used to say that i dont want baby until i met my husband then i changed my mind... blame myself

Bammy same same . Didnt want kids like ever back then. But I married late so gotta start all these that-c late. Dont worry.... we'll get there.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, thanks you so much for the encouragements... I am 29 this year and hubby is 39, worry if get kids later, he has no strength to play with them O.o

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by bammy View Post
    @adrenalin, thank you for the information. I am in iui now, and yes he did mention 3-4 eggs but never mention on mature eggs. He just told me too many eggs also not good, advised me to take a jab today and go for scan tomorrow. Still dont knw how to tell my boss about it

I paid 222++ for the puregon, 760++ for scan and blood test (hep b, c hiv etc). Progesterone? i guess i need to google first, saw quite a lot of short froms and medical jargons here @.@
    If you r on iui, he will not be collecting the eggs from the follicles. So.. If you do have 3-4 nice sized follicles with good eggs inside them, there is a chance you can get all 3-4 fertilized, and if you r young with good womb, you may have 3-4 babies. So maybe that is why he said too many eggs is not good.

? your boss not pro family? Actually shld be able to tell boss I am doing my duty for my country. Trying to help bring up Singapore trf to 1.4.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
    If you r on iui, he will not be collecting the eggs from the follicles. So.. If you do have 3-4 nice sized follicles with good eggs inside them, there is a chance you can get all 3-4 fertilized, and if you r young with good womb, you may have 3-4 babies. So maybe that is why he said too many eggs is not good.

? your boss not pro family? Actually shld be able to tell boss I am doing my duty for my country. Trying to help bring up Singapore trf to 1.4.
    Good one! Doing duty for the country.

For my case, i can only share here as none of my friends nor family members knew about it! thanks to all the nice ladies here for the information

We are trying to concieve-ing!

@adrenaline
    haha doing duty for country. i understand how @bammy feels. my senior had a boss before i joined. and he was not pro family type. so he said some unpleasing words. but the matter was brought up to union.

@bammy
    i also wanted to hav baby cuz husband likes kids

Oh bammy you're a young gal. Dont get too stress..auntie here oldest. 40 and im the one worried I have no energy for my kid too when he/she gets older. Already told hubby he has to play with the kid more at later stage; not me. He is much younger.

For now I still feel my body and energy is fine. But im sure time spares no one. I have decided if I dont't hit a horsey, I will stop that-c and enjoy my retirement in time to come.

actually i did suspect that i had chemical pregnancy during the 1st few months of trying to concieve.
    the period was late by a few days and when it came was terribly painful as if i've had cold drinks.
    but the truth is i did not. and was rolling in bed from the pain.

Worthy Lady

@dragontail, do not give up hope babe.. That's why I am here in this thread (via your recommendation)
    @quincy, that sound so painful ouch!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

ladies, back to the iron too high thingy. i eating the Gnc prenatal vit all these months! i realise the iron too high (167% = means 67% more than the recommended), i stopped few days ago after doc from the private clinic says maybe is the iron too high n he only gave me folic acid. i'm gonna condemn gnc prenatals ~~~ ><" what other brands is good?

@littlehamster
    my friend had blackmores folate and preggie after that.
    so i think blackmores pre conception vit is good
    and in singapore the only permitted pre conception multi vit that is sold in pharmacies is blackmores.

http://www.blackmores.com.sg/product...eive-well-gold
    Last edited by quincy1986; 22-01-2013 at 04:39 PM.

I would also recommend the blackmores conceive well. Two friends got preggie from that and so did I. But not sure it was other things we did too. Maybe just all coincidental. Anyway im buying a new box again.

Worthy Lady

wow, guess I will be getting one as well since the reviews are so good

I was recommended by my cousin on the conceive well. She works in hospital with new born babies and many mothers told her the thumbs up on that multi vits.

But be warned. They taste really smelly!

really? smelly?
    when i was taking it i just find that it's nice to have sugar coated tablets
    but i dont understand what is to take with meals?
    usually i take all my multi vit at night after food.

Worthy Lady

for the sake of baby, 豁出去了

@littlehamster
    prenatal vit is different from pre conception vit.
    which one you need? prenatal or pre concep?
    prenatal means you got baby inside your tummy and before you give birth

prenatal multi vit idk~ because me no preggers yet

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

the gnc fella say if trying to concieve then take prenatal. before that i took gnc women multi vit, the person says if trying cannot eat that some of the content may harm the baby... ._."

so i shld take pre concep??

yea i would support blackmores pre concep

hi everyone! wow this thread is moving fast!
    welcome bammy.

oh gosh - gnc pre natal is not good? i've been taking that for 2 months! should i stop now? where to get the blackmores conceive well?