Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; TVH: draw from where? like normal health check draw from arm?...

TVH: draw from where? like normal health check draw from arm?

There's another invasive test for some ladies which is the amnio. This is the one I scared too! But quincy, you're young. Am sure you wont need it.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Yup draw from arm like normal blood test only. I hate to draw blood, my hands turn cold and face turn white each time I have to go through that.

Dragontail: *gulp* why must they invent such things?

TVH: same but if my hubby is there to witness, i am sure his face will cringe and it will be so funny i will forget everything

Congrats Gabrielle! Heartiest congrats!

For me - i tested at 830am. 1030am at gynae. See gynae. Did blood test. Wait wait wait. 4pm see gynae again (cuz blood test results came back) plus vaginal ultrasound. Took med from doc. Saw him 3 weeks later. So ya for me I saw gynae the same morning I got the bfp... Kiasu right. my hubby couldnt take leave so i went on my own and waited on my own too. i just took urgent leave... Hahaha my lil' muffin is more impt than work!

Rav - congrats on your Oscar. It is a very good result. Waaaayyy better than mine.

Those ladies going to pop before or during cny - better book your confinement nannies soon - if you are intending to look for one that is. And also be prepared to pay a bit more too. My friend popped during cny - couldn't find a confinement nanny when she tried calling at 4th month onwards.. only had one who was willing to come one week after. Hee hee but wow - imagine if your baby is the first horsey of the year! Do let us know if we get to see your face on straits times the next day =) must update !

For me - snake or horse doesn't matter . Happy and healthy can already.

Oooo - so hsg also helped Gabrielle, like how i think it helped me too. Hee hee pipes are "tong". Gabrielle - your this doc visit very fulfilling! sa analysis, hsg analysis, plus can tell doc now need blood test liaoz =)

Quincy - need to think about when you start new job, according to mom law, you need to complete x number of months before can claim maternity. Unless your new company agrees to waive this.

What a fabulous way to end the month with good news from the ladies here =)

Dragontail - consider the materni t21 test when you strike a bfp. Way less risky than an amnio =)

(Other than tvh) Would you all consider a c-sect by choice?

Oh ya. I forgot about that blood test available, littlej. How much is it again which you mentioned? Do you know which hospital has it? If I'm not wrong, if that result turns out to be no good, have to proceed next to amnio is it? I gotta do more research on this.

As for the c-sect, I hope I dont have to but I think high chance I need one if I ever have to pop. My eldest sis had 2 c-sects. My 2nd sis had two natural (zero epidural! ). I saw how they healed after that. I surely dont want c-sect if I have a choice! Just pain one time and then heal easier and faster by going natural. I wish.

Dragontail - erm $3800. I know it is very expensive =( it is a test that replaces amnio but unlike amnio, it poses no risk at all to the foetus Cuz it only involves taking the blood from the mum. And results are as accurate. Think it can only be done at mount e or Thomson Medical Center if I remember correctly. you can ask your doc about it =)

I told my hubby that if and ever if we have a second kid - I will have to go for this test since I will be above 35 by then. Now that I know there is this test available, I won't go for amnio cuz I won't dare to take the risk - I will sacrifice even more shopping and holidays to pay for this test. Hee hee - but that is my personal opinion lag.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

littlej: high chance for me as what I've mentioned before

btw hubby tonight go mahjong session. let's not call it man-less night. let's call it I own the night. ^^
    Last edited by quincy1986; 31-05-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Hope I will have a chance to meet Dr Tee to ask on the blood test If I were to tell my hubby about this test, I'm sure he will say forget about amnio. And I already cannot stand the thought of needle poking and fiddling around the baby inside. But I know many gfs, including my eldest sis, did the amnio and all turned out good.

Worthy Lady
    Thanks littleJ... now only have to wait 2 more weeks for the first scan

Ok just told hubby on materni t21. He said how much also will pay. Haa so "big hole" answer! He asked really can trust the accuracy or not? Told him I need more research and also gynae's advice. He said just close one eye one time hard hard pay for a 安心。Afterall if we got a bfp, it might be the last for us.

Dragontail - me no likey the second part of that last sentence. Must have faith. And hope. Look at Elizabeth Hurley. And my ex colleague - 45 and just popped a girl. Anyway I help you edit the last sentence. It should read "after all when we get a bfp, it will certainly not be the last!"

=)

Quincy - I own the night too!!

And i saw a very huge moth!! one wing is about the size of one palm so this moth is like the size of 2 palms placed side by side! i am not kidding. it flew into my place and it was like flying at me. I screamed and dashed to the room (yes I ran). Took me 30 min to venture out of the room with a towel wrapped around my head (i have this fear of insects landing on my head) and holding another small towel prepared to swat moth away if it flew at me. lucky moth no longer around. *woeful*

Dragontail - did you cook a pasta dinner?

Awww....I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Thanks littlej I surely hope to have 3 to be honest. *talk about greedy!" I have 3 siblings and I cant imagine myself growing up without them. So long as physically I can, I hope to give this gift to my child (ever to be).

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:793535
    Dragontail - consider the materni t21 test when you strike a bfp. Way less risky than an amnio =)

(Other than tvh) Would you all consider a c-sect by choice?
    Erm..I will choose natural again if possible
    Hopefully no epidural ..

My home has been visited by moths lately too. But surely nothing near to palm size wing! Haha poor you! As I get older, I seem to have higher threshold on creepy crawly aerial pests except roaches and bees!! Those flying roaches are a killer. And I get bees in my room too because I have fresh cut flowers sometimes. When they come, I'm amazed myself how fast I can run.

Heee yes I cooked linguini. Got fresh prawns, crabmeat, fresh mushroom and broccoli with marinara sauce. Satisfied. Hope you had a hearty and healthy one too.

Natalie, oh next time you see Tee and if he asks you "any question?", can you ask him if he knows about materni t21?

Hahaha. On surname basis with the doc! I can imagine Natalie going "yo Tee. Wassup man. Ya know anything about materni t21. Tell me more mate?"

Oh gosh. And that is why I will not have fresh cut flowers in the master bed room / master bathroom. Living room ok cuz I can still be held
    Hostage in my own bedroom. Hahaha.

Wow. Never take pix and show us! Did you make your own marinara sauce?

Lol yo Tee. Natalie, you try yo him first ok? If coast is clear, I hope to try that on him too. Haa.

I never tried making own pasta sauce! I try to cook minimal since it's not my own kitchen. Used Prego one . Okok pic next time

Going out now to find my fav cats to play with

oh me with the moth still ok. i cant own the night if it is Mr Roach with me.

@rav3naers - my gynae is really good, cheerful and gives positive vibes..I feel good whenever I see her..

Congrats gabrielle! Super happy for ya!

Ugh was supposed to be out with my bosses tonight to dolly, but bailed out cus my hubby decided to take mc so im homr now pei him! Then my boss gave me that kind of look..I said no use and nth will happen because AF is here! anyway, because when I O-ed in mid-may was my birthday so he promised if the birthday sex was successful then he'll give me additional two weeks maternity leave! Hahah I guess it failed so he said he save two weeks lol. And the deal is not valid anymore...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - I may consider c sect by choice. its supposed to be safer for the baby isnt it? im nowhere near full term but the thought of natural and baby in distress with cord etc.. scares me..