Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Dragontail. . Good to hear good news... for my gynae I need to put my panty in one of the ...

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail. . Good to hear good news... for my gynae I need to put my panty in one of the drawer under the bed...

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, all the best for your scans!

Dragontail: agree !!

happilymarried: it was a very "ka lan ka bok" time for me. and my 1st time doing vagina scan.

littlehamster: y must they still go vagina when mc or preggie?

Thelay: oh can put there?

So my first visit also need to remove undies??? Do i need printscreen of my scan??

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:794591
    Dragontail: agree !!

happilymarried: it was a very "ka lan ka bok" time for me. and my 1st time doing vagina scan.

littlehamster: y must they still go vagina when mc or preggie?

Thelay: oh can put there?
    That time have not't confirm mc. She see inside then say confirm mc, cos the shape different

Thanks shez and thelay.

I think Thomson Medical Center clinic has a drawer under bed specially for undie. If I remember correctly. Used to do my regular papsmear there.

I did have a VS when I was mc-ing and bleeding a little. Thought those are "ok" to be bleeding but not scanning for cyst checks (anyway, have told myself dont get bothered already if my af doesnt clear by fri for the scan. Just do it).

Quincy, the scan was done when me and littlehamster suspected the bleeding was an mc in progress. The scan can kinda confirm if that is true.

Missy10 it really depends. If an external scan can catch the sac and heartbeat, dont need the vaginal scan. But if in any way the date might have been miscalculated and you are still much earlier than 6wks plus, you will need a VS. Oh please dont clear your bladder right before the scan. Have a full bladder so the external scan can catch the sight of the sac better.

You should be able to get a photo of your scan. Where are you doing it?

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:794592
    So my first visit also need to remove undies??? Do i need printscreen of my scan??
    you will be at Kandang Kerbau Hospital right?..for 6wks plus, my gynae use the abdominal scan..but when he cant see much, then he use vaginal scan and let me hear heartbeat. .was given a printout ..

Hey Dragontail - hahaha yes no place to put panties at chew's. chan has a nice wicket basket at the side to put. But hahaha I very 怪癖 . I always think so many other ppl panties' put there... dont know whether clean so I usually bring my own plastic bag, put my panty inside then put in the basket. Same for chew - I also bring plastic bag and put panty inside then put at the side. The plastic bag I use is not the go market buy vege / NTuc type. I use the smaller ones like the ones to put doggy poo / supermarket buy fruits the clear transparent type. So something smaller and dainty to put my panties =p

Hmm - I guess if chew say ok then ok bah... Maybe scan for cyst and womb might be done the tummy ultrasound manner??? I dont know. Anyway I think gynaes are used to seeing blood in all shapes and form. Remember I told ya chew told me to see him on cd 2/3 if not successful. I asked him isn't it yucks, he told me he seen more blood than me. Anyway yours is light so should be ok??

Hmm. Maybe you might wanna bring 2 plastic bags!? One to put soiled pad. The other put panties. If need to change pad after examination then can put the wrappers into the soiled bag and discard at one go. Erm - just a suggestion so you won't feel so yucks and wondering where the soiled pad should go?!? Erm maybe also bring some kitchen towels and toilet paper so you can nicely line before lying down and wipe clean clean after getting up !?!

Oh for me - if I know do vs - I will wear dress or skirt. No need to take out so many clothes and I won't feel so 'naked'!

As for the logistics of getting your hubby ready, erm I reckon collect car, park downstairs, go up wear gear and help him, change out of gear (can you wear simpler gear??) then go. Alternatively, can you check with the clinic if they got private room then you bring your gear to the hospital and do your song and dance with hubby there??

Oh as for results of SA - hahaha for me - my old man wasn't the first to hear it! The clinic called me! And posted results to my place but addressed to me so I saw it before him! And well, he wasn't at the doc to hear the results explained by doc too. He was pretty busy that time so I figured I can be on my own . That said, he didn't believe me and only at the next appt when he saw doc then he believed the analysis *face palm*

Missy10 - I had vaginal ultrasound at week 4, 6 and 9. Week 9 was a combi of vaginal and tummy ultrasound. Week 6 - doc did tummy ultrasound first but see and hear nothing so switched to vaginal.

So excited for you for your first appt too!!

Thanks Dragontail n natalie

Hubby left office early, unexpected, and he restricted me to go out for dinner n buy KFC for me

I asked him why he sound so in good mood today, he replied he excited about tomorrow

So should i wear dress tomorrow???
    Last edited by Missy10; 03-06-2013 at 10:18 PM.

aww missy10, your hubby's too sweet

I remember my first appt too and heard the heartbeat at 8weeks. hubby teared when he heard it, and said he felt like it kinda changed him. that its real, that our lives are gonna change. I didnt tear though -_-'

Hahha ok the bring your own bag is a good idea at Chew's, littlej. Now that I placed my pants (with undie inside the pants) on the pillow, I now wonder how many soiled pads might have sat on the pillow -_-.

Omg I cant help going visual in my head doing the song and dance in a clinic room. So funny! Now I can even more understand why men prefer to do the semen deposit at home.

Ok hubby back home from class. Have to discuss serious stuff shortly

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:794615
    Thanks Dragontail n natalie

Hubby left office early, unexpected, and he restricted me to go out for dinner n buy KFC for me

I asked him why he sound so in good mood today, he replied he excited about tomorrow

So should i wear dress tomorrow???
    I wear pants or skirt for my checkup..

Missy10, I'm sure he is excited too, if not more than you! My hubby's first reaction was "oohhhh". Was a touching moment. I teared yes.

I think will be good to wear a dress. All you need is remove undie only. For me, I dont mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:794622
    Missy10, I'm sure he is excited too, if not more than you! My hubby's first reaction was "oohhhh". Was a touching moment. I teared yes.

I think will be good to wear a dress. All you need is remove undie only. For me, I dont mind either way.
    Go discuss serious stuff and update us....

Ok then i shall wear dress...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    wow missy10 & wontonmee.. both your hubbies so sweet!!

can scan at week 4? can the very scan even pick up anything at week 4? I could only slot myself in on 13/6 (thurs).. I have to wait so long.. but hubby said in the meantime just rest & dont gan cheong.. I have no spotting or discharge (keeping fingers crossed for none) but I got weird aches at the right side of tummy.. isnt the stretchy feel supposed to happen in the center of the lower tummy?

Happilymarried, I feel as long you have progesterone support already then dont't worry. Some more there's no spotting....week 4 you probably cant see anything on scan. Then worse, get unnecessary worry. Some pain on any part of lower ab should be norm. Your womb is expanding that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:794624
    wow missy10 & wontonmee.. both your hubbies so sweet!!

can scan at week 4? can the very scan even pick up anything at week 4? I could only slot myself in on 13/6 (thurs).. I have to wait so long.. but hubby said in the meantime just rest & dont gan cheong.. I have no spotting or discharge (keeping fingers crossed for none) but I got weird aches at the right side of tummy.. isnt the stretchy feel supposed to happen in the center of the lower tummy?
    Cramp may due to terus stretching.... think my discharge also due to uterus stretching, baby is growing? Tats y....
    I had just overcome the 2 weeks wait for this gynae visit, you can do it....

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    thanks missy10 & dragontail.. the stretching feeling is so foreign... I wonder why my bum doesnt ache cuz its getting more n more cushiony.. haha..

missy10 tomorrow can see little beanie & hear heartbeat.. you must take a good look at hubby's expression...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

dragontail - update us on the convo with hubby! all the best! everything went so well today, i'm sure the conversation would go well too

happilymarried - erm - my first trime gynae wanted to see me immediately and slotted me in. but as i mentioned, i spent the entire day at the clinic . maybe cuz of my age so that's why he more gan cheong. and he is also more traditional... that said, maybe also because private so may wanna make more $$ out from me??? Anyway, for me - I would want to see the doc on the same day too, asap. If clinic can't slot me in, I will make a lot of noise or just do a walk-in. Or I will just choose another doc to go to, if doc is adamant about not seeing me immediately. My rationale is, what if things go wrong (*touch wood*) or what if down the line, there are urgent scenarios - Is he/she able to attend to me? The same rationale applies for my dentist too - I remembered there was once I had a chipped tooth which was fairly uncomfortable and the clinic said dentist was really busy and wanted to see me next week but I insisted it had to be today or tomorrow and the clinic slotted me for the next day. The downside is, I have to wait but I'm prepared to wait since the clinic has already given me the time slot - must give and take! Hahha. I am not as zen and patient , and I can be quite demanding especially if I'm paying $$$ cuz I just need answers! So terrible and bratty right? However, I must admit perhaps it also helps that I have a regular gynae and dentist so I've built the rapport with the nurses.

Missy10 - Hee hee - are you planning your wardrobe for the first appt? Mabe you should also bring a thumb drive just in case doc can save the files?!?!

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

hmm - my hubby just went "oh" when he first heard the heartbeat and when he first saw lil' muffin moving when we did oscar. When we did the detailed scan, he was asking the doc if this measurement is ok, what does that measurement mean. A man of "oh" word and always wanting details - that's him. hahaha!

Discussion done and over. Hubby says just tell him when this cup of fresh semen is to be in my hand and dont ask him how he is going to do it. Just leave him alone and dont help. Haha I have guessed it. That's why I was saying should I just go get the car and let him diy himself and pass me the cup when done. He is totally not comfortable with the diy and I'm sure if I watch the more he cant make it.

When he saw the cup he asked "just like that? Need ice pack or something when sending or not?". Need to keep it cold meh?

Oh, yeah.... planning what to wear cos thinking what to remove hahahahaha

Ok i will bring thumbdrive

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:794645
    Discussion done and over. Hubby says just tell him when this cup of fresh semen is to be in my hand and dont ask him how he is going to do it. Just leave him alone and dont help. Haha I have guessed it. That's why I was saying should I just go get the car and let him diy himself and pass me the cup when done. He is totally not comfortable with the diy and I'm sure if I watch the more he cant make it.

When he saw the cup he asked "just like that? Need ice pack or something when sending or not?". Need to keep it cold meh?
    Haha. Sounds like go market buy fresh food need ice to keep fresh :x oops Hehe can't help but I though need to keep warm instead cos the army will die if temperature changes