Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; i just called my clinic to inform that my hubby will collect my report on my behalf. i just mention ...

i just called my clinic to inform that my hubby will collect my report on my behalf. i just mention my name and they didnt ask for more details. wow nowadays service so good they remember me? @.@
    or i must be an infamous patient wakaka~

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    missy10! that pic is cool! its the white patch that's supposed to be the beanie? omg i have to countdown so long til my scan... did doc put you on any support meds?

tvh - just curious, why cannot too warm? becuz the nurses over at my side say try my best to keep body temp warm while in air con car.. & my body temp is not the very warm type already.. every night hubby hug me always ask me why my skin so cool.. maybe that's I had hard time conceiving..

quincy - haha they remember you... it is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:794773
    Herr is my scan!!!!
    Also saw that blinking!!!

Got blood clot..... so i have to come back 2 views for review
    Ooo...thats the yolk sac

Just bought big bunch of bananas now that 2ww is over. Miss you so much Mr Banana!

Does anyone know if I can temporary park my car at drive thru at Glen in the morning at 9am? Can I tell the whoever attendant there it's because I need to send up the semen sample quickly?

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

hey dearies, I am back after surviving as bad gastric flu attack. So for the love of god.. avoid uncook/not well cooked food at all cost, especially during pregnancy.

@happilymarried, congrats to you!

@dragontail, hope your check up will have good news soon!

and the rest of you still trying & at the 2ww now, baby dust!!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Dropped my Hp, quickly tried to catch it, didn't manage to catch it, strained a muscle just above womb. Pain.

Quincy: not scared other ppl say your name and take your report?

anyway back to my gastric flu episode, it all started off with high fever last tuesday. Initially worried was dengue but i started having diarrhea the next day THROUGHOUT the night and continued the next day. Went to see a GP and my husband was still worried so I went to see my gynae. gynae gave me anti-biotics and pro-biotics...

but i started spotting the next day (@ 11weeks) and i felt something "came out" while in the middle of my sleep and i never spotted so far before. I freak out at the brown mucus discharge with tiny blood streaks. I quickly woke my husband and he was shaking when i told him what happened. That was about 2am in the morning...

my husband drove me to Thomson Medical Center 24hrs clinic, the nurse ask if I would like to call my gynae back but with charges of 300$. At that point of time I didn't think so much. Just wanna make sure baby is okie... But one thing buffle me is.. I was told the GP at the 24 hours clinic (which I assume mostly pregnant woman will go to during mid night emergency) doesn't know how to use the ultrasound device. Only gynae know how to operate. bah.

Waited 30 mins and my gynae arrived... and thank god US shows baby is still very active and heartbeat still strong. She check and say my cervix still close but seems like placenta is low lying. She precribe me some progesterone pills to take for 2 weeks. And I was ordered to stay in bed for 1 whole week.

Till now I have no idea what could have cause the spotting... I spotted once more yesterday. So I am keeping my movement minimum and diligently take my progesterone pill.

So please... for the sake of baby, be healthy and eat well... give up whatever bad habit or unhealthy diet because it's not worth going to scares like this.

All pregnant ladies, have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:794789
    Hehhe hello beanie!!

what's the cause of the clot? What may be the implication to the pregnancy? Am curious what your doc said to these. Any other advices he shares with you for first trime?
    She cant confirm whats the cause of bleeding, cos can only see blood clot, and today is first visit,

I asked her is it because of intercourse? Over strain my body?? Carry things??

She replied in a cheerful way, just no intercourse for 1st tri, continue take folic acid, if can drink milk, then drink milk, and take her 安胎药 (Dydrogesterone)

She also say baby is growing normal, got heartbeat.... is good and ask me dont think so much....

and hubby was actually happy looking at the pictures of baby, but when he heard the blood clot, his face changed!!

Brought me to lunch and send me straight home, dont let me walk.... he says i have to be home-caged until the next review (2 weeks)

Sorry for my long-winded....

Btw littlehamster - im self-employed, means my hand stop for 2 weeks, my mouth also stop.... heehehehehe
    Last edited by Missy10; 04-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.

missy10 - home caged isnt such a bad idea ...stay in bed & rest more ya? its good for both mum & baby.. take the pills with lots of warm water & must try to eat well... I have been craving really junk food & still trying my best to take more fruits & veggies..

let's all eat well together!!

dragontail - I miss my bananas so much...

missA - so good to hear from you after so long! gosh! you have been thru so much this past week! luckily your little muffin is staying brave & strong! enjoy your bedrest too... more quiet bonding time with baby right? your gynae is great! down at Thomson Medical Center within 30 mins of call.. so you have got a very good doc! did you recall what you ate that might have caused the diarrhoea?

Why cannot eat bananas??

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster:794827
    Dropped my Hp, quickly tried to catch it, didn't manage to catch it, strained a muscle just above womb. Pain.

Quincy: not scared other ppl say your name and take your report?
    littlehamster - you must jia you & exercise more before O!! keep your body hydrated when exercise & after O, its time to relax & rest.. maybe in 1 or 2 more cycles will have good news fr you?

MissA thanks for your well wishes. Oh my reading your story I 捏了一把冷汗! So glad you and beanie are A-ok. You take good care too!

Missy10 yes yes rest everything. Now is very crucial time and one cant afford to take chances. Just arrow your hubby here n there to get whatever things need to be done at home.

Bananas make the beanie slips out of womb. But that may be a myth! Angmor also eat banana like no business during pregnancy. However this is the first food my mom n mother in law forbid me to eat. I just dont eat during 2ww to play safe .

Happilymarried, soon im going to buy pineapple, order haiwaiian pizza, eat mango salad, thai mango rice, stock up my canned rambutan stuffed with pineapple, pineapple tarts, etc. Haa. Paisay if I'm not making you feel better.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Sperms can't survive at too warm temp....so cannot b too warm....wait they will die...so at room temp or slightly above is the best condition...

missA, the spotting could be due to low placenta...my friend had very strong bleeding at 16 weeks pregnant, she cried cos she thought she lost it...she quickly went to gynae and gynae told her the bleeding is due to low placenta....and prescribed her bedrest....so she was on mc for one week.....

low placenta during early pregnancy is very common...i'm having low placenta issue too....gynae said not to worry becos it will usually move up towards very late part of pregnancy....meanwhile, no sex, no vigorous exercises....and rest as much as you can

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

bananas can only eat the small short short ones...cos those are considered "heaty" kind....those long ones like del monte are too "cooling"

I also avoided bananas during 2ww that time....and i hate short short banana texture...*pun not intended* haha...

I am facing medium constipation since a week so I have started to have one banana since yday..wasn't specific but bought the long Philippines ones..it really really helps me with the constipation..
    Actually I was expecting constipation since I got Bfp as I read it is a very common symptom but luckily I survived the first few months without it but now got the issue, I really hate it as I am not at all used to the feeling.
    At this moment, banana is a savior for me

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
    I am facing medium constipation since a week so I have started to have one banana since yday..wasn't specific but bought the long Philippines ones..it really really helps me with the constipation..
    Actually I was expecting constipation since I got Bfp as I read it is a very common symptom but luckily I survived the first few months without it but now got the issue, I really hate it as I am not at all used to the feeling.
    At this moment, banana is a savior for me
    erm...i think old folks say that cannot eat those delmonte kind of bananas...can only eat those small small type like for goreng pisang kind ...

@happilymarried, dragontail: thanks ladies! I am back to work today because I was on a week leave due to gastric flu. would very much love to take another week off for bed rest but the amount of emails piling up are giving me nightmare lol. I might have caught the bug from my sis who was hospitalised a week before it got me. but I am surprise i will catch it because we didn't share toilet nor food. i visited her twice at the hospital thou. :/

@TVH: yeah i heard low placenta is quite common... but I didn't expect it to happen when i am coming to the end of my 1st tri. Just hope things will be back to normal soon because I am walking like an old lady and I can't avoid climbing stairs both at work and at home. Initially thought can resume sexy time in 2nd tri but now much see situation already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:794854
    Happilymarried, soon im going to buy pineapple, order haiwaiian pizza, eat mango salad, thai mango rice, stock up my canned rambutan stuffed with pineapple, pineapple tarts, etc. Haa. Paisay if I'm not making you feel better.
    dragontail!! hahaha.. you r so bad.. I love pineapple, bananas, haiwaiian pizza, & mango desserts.. but I will endure... this is the sacrifice I have to make! you can enjoy ... but not for long too... hohoho....

happilymarried: i hope can be at ease

littlehamster: they say a healthy pregnancy can survive anything

dont know last time my work at clinic was slightly different

missA: bed rest is good ! i wish doctors might as well give progesterone pill to everyone

Worthy Lady
    For me.. I was totally not interested in sex since I pregnant... my poor husband...

Hope to see my baby gender at this week scan 18 weeks... I cant wait to buy all cute clothing...

Oh.. for my appointments, previously when I m not sure whether it is vaginal scan or abdomen scan.. I wear skirts.. cos can lift up or pull down.. lol... now I only wear skirts as it is tummy scan..