Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; my Oscar scan was an irony..I had such nice thoughts that the scan will take long and I can enjoy ...

  1. #9676
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    my Oscar scan was an irony..I had such nice thoughts that the scan will take long and I can enjoy viewing the baby for little longer...coz the doc also informed in my earlier appointment that the scan may take time and may take several trials too..and on the scan day, my scan was over in like 5 mins.. my baby was too cooperative, the doc just turned little here and there and my baby showed all perfect angles what she wanted..ahh wish I could enjoy longer..
    Now waiting for the next detailed scan to see and enjoy longer..

  2. #9677
    Consort-in-Ordinary quincy1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    MissA, FA scan no draw blood. Purely just tummy scan, abit uncomfortable at times cos the sonographer will press hard on the tummy if she can't see
    bad sonographer

  3. #9678
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Happysoul hehe your baby so guai guai. Chop chop let you out of the oscar in a flash. I think if I ever got bfp, I will be "worse off" because I probably will be skipping oscar so dont't even have a chance see. This is because I am at high risk so I have to go for the next level of chromosome test.

  4. #9679
    Consort-in-Ordinary quincy1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    7

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Dragontail: why do you want to skip? why dont you want to do blood test to check whats in your blood first?

  5. #9680
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    dragontail - oh no.. this cycle you rest & continue to tiao yang! be as healthy as possible (and eat all the bananas you can possibly eat )!! SA should be out within the day (for my hubby it was within the day) or otherwise, tomorrow you can call the clinic up to check?

    missA - its so nice to keep seeing the baby in all angles. funni angles.. notti angles.. whatever angles.. i hope my little beanie will grow well these few weeks... praying so very hard! I cant wait to see my beanie turn into a baby and then watch him/her during the scans!!

    missy10 - men are more afraid of needles than women.. i see my hubby's face during vaccination i want to laugh already.. dont even say blood test.. haha.. but why did your hubby need to draw blood?

  6. #9681
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    happysoul - 5 mins only for Oscar scan?? wow! your baby will win most cooperative and well behaved baby award even before born! heh

  7. #9682
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Happysoul hehe your baby so guai guai. Chop chop let you out of the oscar in a flash. I think if I ever got bfp, I will be "worse off" because I probably will be skipping oscar so dont't even have a chance see. This is because I am at high risk so I have to go for the next level of chromosome test.
    who knows this next BFP, the baby will pass with flying colours at 'the Oscar test'? You will never know.. must think positively and happy thoughts ya? With the power of a positive mind, and with some medical help, you and your baby can do it!

  8. #9683
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Quincy, my last oscar result was no good. I guess that's why I lost it just a week after the oscar. I always think back...is it a blessing in disguise...that the baby decided to let himself/herself go shortly. Oh well.

    I feel oscar is appropriate for mummies who are generally on low risk. Especially younger mummies. But for me, once oscar reads of my age, I'm almost certain it pulls down my result. So I dont see the point of doing an oscar again next time. I rather go for the next "higher" level of test.

    This being said, it's just my personal thoughts. I still need the expert to advice me.

    Oh can know SA result in a day? Ok I call clinic now to try my luck! No harm call to enquire.....

  9. #9684
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Thanks for your encouragement happilymarried. This is the reason I'm still in this thread. Always positivity showering around. Hugs.

    Ok chop chop called the clinic! Cant be out today. I can try tomorrow afternoon, the staff said. Hope so!

  10. #9685
    Imperial Concubine littlej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    6

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Dragontail - results for sa should be out tomorrow. So call tomorrow and check. Hee hee I also looked at the beaker when I was waiting for iui... Not very attractive looking I thought. And gradually it also separates to 2 layers.

    I never see how many tubes they take for blood test. I look away when they take my blood.

    Happy soul - your baby must be most well behaved! Mine was as stubborn as a mule. Both for Oscar and detailed scan - I had to go out walk around then go back in.

    Dragontail - dr chan doesn't believe in Oscar for women above 35. Hahah too bad I was seeing dr chew then. You are right - the age factor pulls the results down. i think in this group, i am the second oldest after you... Anyway, I reckon you can do Oscar and do a "one-up" if you want. But still no harm do the Oscar first. That is, unless you feel you rather know the confirmed results than a result of probability.

    Oscar measures the nasal bone and the fluid accumulated at the back of the neck. And also got other measurements like crown rump length etc. but most impt are the first two.

  11. #9686
    TVH
    TVH is offline
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Going to spend the rest of day nua-ing at home....raining so heavily now....very nice to sleep in...haha

    I know it's 3 tubes of blood for oscar becos I asked the nurse how long do I have to endure this? She told me very fast...3 tubes only...my face turned white after that....3 tubes !!

    There is a benchmark risk ratio for Oscar for diff age groups..

  12. #9687
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    @dragontail - you are a wonderful person with all positive thoughts..dont't worry..you will get a bfp soon and just progress with all the tests step by step..dont't worry dear..you will be blessed soon with a happy and a healthy baby..

    @happilymarried,littlej- well behaved, very cooperative award!! Sounds good..
    actually I was a well behaved and calm kid but my hubby is famous for being the naughty one (fact double confirmed by my mother in law) and himself too so I am wondering how the baby would be..also I read few articles on personality of babies born in a particular month, my baby one says that the child would a very active one, cannot sit idle at one place..
    So lets see, how the end result combi is going to be..
    Last edited by happysoul; 05-06-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  13. #9688
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Littlej, oh the semen will split? So bottom is sperm and top is semen? Wild guess.

    Told hubby he should know his result tomorrow. He's very pleased.

    I guess for me, I can't live with probability anymore. I mean I went through once....I dont like it. I prefer a definite answer. Like for materni t21, it's a +ve or -ve. Clear cut. Of course all tests dont put on paper that they are 100percent accurate. Just hoping for the best there is.

  14. #9689
    Imperial Concubine Missy10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,024
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:795174
    dragontail - oh no.. this cycle you rest & continue to tiao yang! be as healthy as possible (and eat all the bananas you can possibly eat )!! SA should be out within the day (for my hubby it was within the day) or otherwise, tomorrow you can call the clinic up to check?

    missA - its so nice to keep seeing the baby in all angles. funni angles.. notti angles.. whatever angles.. i hope my little beanie will grow well these few weeks... praying so very hard! I cant wait to see my beanie turn into a baby and then watch him/her during the scans!!

    missy10 - men are more afraid of needles than women.. i see my hubby's face during vaccination i want to laugh already.. dont even say blood test.. haha.. but why did your hubby need to draw blood?
    Its to check for any inherited blood disorder (Thalassaemia)....

    Nobody's hubby taken before??? Or becos its my first visit to this gynae.... i only had tummy scam yesterday, so only see heartbeat, she say cant hear yet
    Last edited by Missy10; 05-06-2013 at 05:40 PM.

  15. #9690
    Consort-in-Ordinary quincy1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Quincy, my last oscar result was no good. I guess that's why I lost it just a week after the oscar. I always think back...is it a blessing in disguise...that the baby decided to let himself/herself go shortly. Oh well.
    last time i was told miscarriage is because the baby is deformed/imperfect so nature had to remove it and give something better the next round.

  16. #9691
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Yes quincy. I believe nature has its way

  17. #9692
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:795218
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:795174
    dragontail - oh no.. this cycle you rest & continue to tiao yang! be as healthy as possible (and eat all the bananas you can possibly eat )!! SA should be out within the day (for my hubby it was within the day) or otherwise, tomorrow you can call the clinic up to check?

    missA - its so nice to keep seeing the baby in all angles. funni angles.. notti angles.. whatever angles.. i hope my little beanie will grow well these few weeks... praying so very hard! I cant wait to see my beanie turn into a baby and then watch him/her during the scans!!

    missy10 - men are more afraid of needles than women.. i see my hubby's face during vaccination i want to laugh already.. dont even say blood test.. haha.. but why did your hubby need to draw blood?
    Its to check for any imherited blood disorder (Thalassaemia)....

    Nobody's hubby taken before??? Or becos its my first visit to this gynae.... i only had tummy scam yesterday, so only see heartbeat, she say cant hear yet
    My hubby went for it before as I have low blood count.

  18. #9693
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5
    quincy - its true.. miscarriage is due to baby not healthy or chromosome disorder etc.. so nature works in ways we cannot control.. doesnt mean if you take progesterone pills you can save a pregnancy that's non viable... prog only help supports..


    wah! the sky is super dark! like its 730 or 8pm already...

  19. #9694
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ang mo kio
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    4
    Just done the ultrasound scan and found out it's boy... my pink shopping dream gone... doc say my baby so active...keep moving and difficult to scan? Can results be wrong, if boy?

  20. #9695
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5
    dragontail - hugs back to you! so exciting tomorrow you will get the army report! actually really dont worry about age.. your stats r looking good (regular cycles, O-ing n all)! in fact, tho I may not be the oldest in this thread... I have had to do a lot of things (the most I think) I wish I didnt have to do at all..


    happysoul - baby has 50% chance of following you... in fact if hubby is notti kid, he would want baby to follow the mummy & be quai quai right? heh

  21. #9696
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TVH:795193
    Going to spend the rest of day nua-ing at home....raining so heavily now....very nice to sleep in...haha

    I know it's 3 tubes of blood for oscar becos I asked the nurse how long do I have to endure this? She told me very fast...3 tubes only...my face turned white after that....3 tubes !!

    There is a benchmark risk ratio for Oscar for diff age groups..
    tvh - I got habit of asking how many tubes before I am poked... if more than 1... I will need a few seconds to process.. haha... but still wow.. 3 tubes for oscar... some more in 1st trimester right?

  22. #9697
    Imperial Concubine Missy10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,024
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:795246
    Just done the ultrasound scan and found out it's boy... my pink shopping dream gone... doc say my baby so active...keep moving and difficult to scan? Can results be wrong, if boy?
    Hahaha, its a boy, congrats.... although no more pink shopping.... then do it white n blue shopping..... as long as its a healthy baby!!!!

  23. #9698
    Consort-in-Ordinary quincy1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay View Post
    Just done the ultrasound scan and found out it's boy... my pink shopping dream gone... doc say my baby so active...keep moving and difficult to scan? Can results be wrong, if boy?
    if i got a girl i exchange with you haha just kidding~

  24. #9699
    Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    5
    congrats thelay!! another boy announcement today! heh blue shopping isnt that bad also right? all baby clothes still very cute & irresistible. .

  25. #9700
    TVH
    TVH is offline
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    4
    Happilymarried, no more . That is the only blood test I did

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:08 PM.