Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Seems like all bfp ladies r carrying a baby boy. Hehe...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Seems like all bfp ladies r carrying a baby boy. Hehe

for boy mummies can share with me what is your diet? what you like to eat what and what you dont like

Worthy Lady
    Heard this year is boy year.. alot of pregnancy i know all having boy.. only one girl.. i was hoping mine to be odd one out..

@happilymarried - I agree it would be 50-50..I dont't mind a naughty kid..it should be a good combo of fun and well behaved, then it's ok..

Thelay, your next pop will be a girl!! now you mentioned, indeed all the ladies here so far got kkj. Did you happen to try the gender predictor? I see that my next 4 cycles will be boy, before a pink pops out. The site I use requires father's stat too, which kinda makes more sense if all these predictor sites are in first place! Then I thought "eh maybe the father birthdate in there is act act only. Doesnt make a difference one". So I changed the numbers of his and it does make a difference. Hee.

I just woke up from nap. This oncoming af is making me very tired. Time to search for food....

Happilymarried, you have gone thru a lot for this trying to concieve!! If you were you, I really dont know if I have already given up halfway. Such an amazing story that you finally strike gold. I truly hope your next bfp will be a smoother and au naturale one

Dragontail: Baby dust to you plus blessed with strong swimmers, sticky egg & healthy womb

So far really alot of kkj in this year's conception calendar. Mine also suppose to be kkj according to the calendar but my mum is adamant that I am having a girl coz years back she went to a very popular old lady 算名师 at woodlands who mentioned that my first child will be a girl -..-" but then she also say the conception calendar very accurate!? Contradict ..hurhur...take it with a pinch of salt

Jia lat... High competition for boys' schools 7 years later...

=p

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - thanks! hee... see how this one goes.. im really really exhausted trying for this one.. in fact this is the round I wanted to give up n go long holiday if still -ve.. hehe.. I guess my lil beanie decided no holiday for me..

can you share your gender prediction site? cuz I discussed with my family gp - she hardly believes in traditional chinese medicine or chinese stuff BUT she says the chinese gender prediction thingy is acccurate.. must check Chinese calendar n use chinese age... based on that mine should team pink.. haha I told hubby & he gave me a funni face.. I think all hubbies want boys? anyway, I pray hard healthy can already..

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I would like at least 1 boy and 1 girl. Like that more balance. Hehe. If too boy, I will headache. If too many girls, hubby no male companion lol

sorry with my obsession with having a boy. i might even cry if i know i am getting a girl.
    might cry only. i will feel very heartbroken for my girl if i think she did not get the attention she deserved in the family. although i know the love i give to my child/children is out of this world. it is precisely because of that, sometimes being a mother is not enough, at least to me.

being a girl, i did not have a good childhood.

but i am sure even if i were to tear for the outcome, i will stand strong again. because i am a woman. <3

having tears is our priviledge
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

littlehammie - you are the first I know to be so overjoyed over AF.. haha.. my AF never changed (redness, clots or duration) even though I was on 6-7 months of traditional chinese medicine from EYS... how come traditional chinese medicine doesnt have effect on me... sigh...

1 boy & 1 girl will be ideal... but then again.. 1 first... cuz its sooo expensive to have a kid in sg!!

quincy - times have changed... boys are no longer favoured.. hope your hubby isnt the sort to favour boys over girls?

happilymarried, this is the site that requires hubby's.
    The Sex Wizard :: Determine Your Baby's Gender - Is It a Boy Or a Girl? - Find the Perfect Baby Name

This is the one that goes all by lunar dates.
    Lunar Age Calculator for gender prediction

I realised both results are different. So really have to even take it more with a pinch of salt.

If I try the 2nd site, it's girl-boy-girl-boy for next few cycles.

If you ask me, if I can even choose and only choose once, I wont pick gender but I want twins. Haa! Might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    quincy - times have changed... boys are no longer favoured.. hope your hubby isnt the sort to favour boys over girls?
    my hubby prefer girls. but his family is female dominant, kids and adults alike. so now he prefer boys

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:795289
    If I try the 2nd site, it's girl-boy-girl-boy for next few cycles.

If you ask me, if I can even choose and only choose once, I wont pick gender but I want twins. Haa! Might as well.
    haha! seriously twin boys?! :s

Healthy twins. Boy or girl I take them all My colleague is having a set of twins. His wife will pop in Sep. And the amazing thing is the twins are non-identical. It means they each has their own placenta... it means the wifey popped 2 eggs and got fertilised by two different sperms! How beautiful is that? They both gonna look so different but they are twins

Hi Rav, read your message and thanks... I really take them all with big open arms!

@dragontail - me too would love to have twins.. my husband is a twin so he has big wish to have twins but unfortunately the twin genes flow from the mother side only..

One of my friends went to see obgyn when she felt really sick with morning sickness during the very start of the pregnancy itself..unfortunately she was very sick and had to be hospitalized for few days..interesting part is when she was hospitalized the sac and fetus was detected so all was fine..but after a week when she went for follow up checkup then doc saw two fetus..
    Isn't it amazing that in a weeks time, one fetus got divided into two, she has beautiful twin daughters, identical ones

But I understand that multiples bring with it much complications too..my friend delivered prematurely and it was getting quite difficult for her as she is very petite to sustain the pregnancy, it was taking toll on her body, she got extreme water retention making it difficult to walk also so the doc decided to deliver the babies premature..she said the first three months were very quite crucial for the babies but luckily all went well and the girls are going to be two this month..
    Last edited by happysoul; 05-06-2013 at 08:55 PM.

happysoul, feel a gush of warmth reading that story of your friend. So amazing isnt it?

My colleague did break the news to us when his wifey was merely few weeks into the bfp. He said gynae said maybe one out of the two wont make it because seems like the growth is much slower than the other. I can imagine the anxiety they were put on for a bit. But with god's blessings, both twins turn out very well now. One of them is boy and the other not so sure yet. The mother is very petite though. I guess usually twins need c-sect due to higher complication? I attended their wedding last month. She was already showing the tummy

Ya i got different results....

@dragontail - I would say miracles do happen..
    Amazing stories..
    My friend also had delivered thru csection only..I guess it would be rare that twins delivered naturally..
    If you are interested you can watch discovery home & health, they sometimes have special feature on having multiples..

I am reading Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mothers and came across a picture of husband and wife on bed talking to each other. Wife says " lets try getting up every night at 2 am to feed the cat. If we enjoy doing that, then we can talk about having a baby."

Completely moved by this one, couldnt resist to share..Such a great motivation for ladies on thia thread and also ladies who are expecting..i hope you all like..

Baby's Choice:

Did you ever think, dear Mother,
    As the seeds of me you sowed,
    As you breathed new life inside of me
    And slowly watched me grow,
    In all your dreams about me
    When you planned me out so well,
    When you couldn't wait to have me there
    Inside your heart to dwell,
    Did you ever think that maybe
    I was planning for you, too,
    And choosing for my very own
    A mother just like you?
    A mother who smelled sweet and who
    Had hands so creamy white,
    A tender, loving creature
    Who would soothe me in the night?
    Did you ever think in all those days
    While you were coming due,
    That as you planned a life for me
    I sought a life with you?
    And now as I lay in your arms,
    I wonder if you knew
    While you were busy making me,
    I was choosing you!
    littlej, missA and lovesbaby like this.

twin boys will be a handful, but it will be a joyful handful =) also, I did a quick check with my nurse the other day about twins just out of curiousity. Identical twins are caused purely by chance, not by the genes.. but the other type of twins (2 different eggs & sperms) are genetic! Twins identical or not, are so magical. I would love to have twins too! double the joy but also I am prepared for double the worry & strain! =)