Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; thanks quincy & dragontail! I did read about the sleep on your left part but that's when you actually have ...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    thanks quincy & dragontail!

I did read about the sleep on your left part but that's when you actually have a belly right? hubby says I have to be more zen right before bedtime.. I will try...

oooh.. issit the body pillow? let me go check it out.. im so used to my tiny smelly bolster im not sure I can get used to a new pillow/bolster..

missy10 - I dont get block nose so often but I used to sleep like a dead person.. like thumderstorm also cant wake me up type... now? so light sleeper... a bit of sound I can wake up.. I miss my deep deep sleep..

for your block nose.. breathe in the steam from hot water before bedtime.. it helps to warm your system & clear air passage..

@happilymarried - I am facing similar issue like you..I am used to sleeping on my back but I experience back stiffness if I sleep now in that position. If I have to sleep on the side then I am more comfortable with right side which is not the ideal position during pregnancy..somedays i sleep peacefully on the left and on my back but sometimes days I flip a lot especially during wee hours..coz of this somedays my sleep gets disturbed after 4-5 am.. I am not at all used to flipping so much during sleep..
    I am still trying to find out an ideal position for myself..
    I am looking to buy the pregnancy support curve pillow which would help to cuddle I guess and sleep peacefully..

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:795353
    I wish I have 龙凤胎 too! But alas... Actually twins are risky pregnancy and more often than not, conceived via ivf... My friend's wife - went into labor at 26 weeks... Another friend's wife needed bed rest from 28 weeks. Both were conceived via ivf...

I have an ex colleague with triplets - all 3 gals... And conceived naturally...

twins born at 26 weeks!! the poor babies must have stayed in nicu for a long period of time right?

Lol Happilymarried so you still got that 小臭臭? I dont even really remember I got one back then. I only remember very vividly that my dad threw my pacifier out of the kitchen window one day. I think I was 6. That was the last time I suckled one! So sad then. Haa.

All you mummies, are you going to give pacifier to your baby? I am one who doesnt like the idea BUT my bff tells me dont be silly. Pacifier is like the magic wand for wailing babies. What you think?
    Last edited by Dragontail; 06-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Morning everyone!!

I heard sleeping on left is good, I have been sleeping on left since first trime to 'train' (cuz I always sleep on right). Also in my yoga class, we were asked to put bolster between knees. That's what I do anyway. Pregnancy pillow is darn ex like $180+ or something?? (Yes i can spend on bags but ask me to buy a $180+ pillow is like huh?) Hahaha I modify by bolster between my knees, and putting another pillow behind me. So I am cushioned all around. Oh and I also got pillow beneath my feet (from trying to concieve days when they said should elevate feet)... And ya I heard 2 pillows for your head are good to prevent you from moving too much?!? But I only have one.

Dragontail - the red miu miu is nice!!! . 65% off is a darn good deal!! But hmm - the shape looks similar to your Prada right?!?

Oh - I am so tempted... So tempted... lucky this weekend going to see my bf (jay Chou) and parents... Maybe no time To go to town. Then again, I will be in town on fri... Hee hee - maybe only pix nice but real thing not nice !

As for diaper bag... Hmm, I dont't intend to purposely buy a diaper bag... Was looking at Kate spade and sports sac and some other brand available at mother at work. but other than some pockets, light and have this matching 'chamging sheet' - nothing different?!? And quite ex too (for something not leather / basic brands)... it's like oh it is a diaper bag - let's price it higher cuz all mothers will want one!! i was wondering if I can just use my existing big bags as a diaper bag. Maybe use ziplocks to 'separate' the items?!? My friend uses her goyard as a diaper bag. Another friend uses her long champ!

Oh - so happy to start the Conversation with bags. Me love bags (as much as Cookie Monster loves cookies =p)

I have 3 little pillow, those baby small pillow.... hahaha.... hubby also complain y do i need so much pillows (9+1 bolster) on a king size bed.....

Littlej - think you just set the normal pillow in right position, should work as good as pregnancy pillow bah....

Think can just buy a big longchamp is good enough, waterproof, even milk spilled on it, wont be 心痛, still cheaper than kate spade..... now have to be budget budget.... mayb we can organize bag spree.... hahahaha....

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

littlej, I know! My hubby was really willing to buy anything for me during my bfp. I was the one who said to him "what? For that price you know how many pasar malam bolsters I can buy or not?". I was the one to stop him from buying. Haa.

Precisely about that miu bag. BUT I DONT HAVE A RED BAG AND I DONT HAVE A MIU. *still trying to think of any other reasons to get that....*. It's their latest spring/summer collection. The original price is exactly the same price as Materni T21! lol. That's why the discount is so tempting. Moreover hubby still adds salt and says "after preggie cant buy bag you know". Argh... I'm having a headache now.

Hehe.... go see see your yearn this Friday. Listen to the bag and hear got calling to you or not. Like the 金枕头. :P

Oh that superstar is coming this weekend. Geez the last time I watched a pop concert was maybe Depeche Mode or someone!

I used to be a bag slave until I got pregnant because most of the bags I love are relatively heavy (Balenciaga) and plus I am super kiasu with lotsa barang in my bag I think I might be going back to longchamp to save my sanity. lol

talking about diaper bags! You ladies should check this out! If interested maybe we can order together and save shipping! tokidoki Diaper Bag & tokidoki Bags and Totes - Ju-Ju-Be

Worthy Lady

To me, diaper bags are over-rated and not to mention expensive and heavy (esp kate spade). I would usually bring a -Sport sac or haversack or any kind of big bags (canvas or nylon) when i bring my girl out alone when she is still small. If the bad dont have a lot of compartments, just put in separate zip-lock bags,,,sometimes too much compartments will also cause confusion when you are in a hurry..eg, the baby puke milk and you urgently need a wet tissue and etc.....for diaper changing..i think there is a portable diaper mat that is sold in kiddy palace or mothercare..oh..and always remember to bring small plastic bag to put used diaper (esp those with poo).

Worthy Lady

Come to think about it, our parents didn't have diaper bags and we were perfectly ok! Haha. I have done friends who have been using naraya bags. Cheap and even if soiled, washable!

Dragontail - the miu bag is a good deal at 65% off? 65% you said right? I actually went to calculate for you. It will even be cheaper than the lv bag and the miu bag is bigger ! What a good deal! Eh got any other bags we can see (and leech on) or offer only available for good friends? =p

For diaper bag, indeed must get those lightweight and washable ones. I heard some hospitals give for free? Er but dont’t know how they look like.

Littlej, oh mistake. The original price is materni t21 - $200. So, even cheaper Yes 65% off WTH. I think once a while she can help with 30% off Prada/Miu. She travels for work a lot (to China) so have to catch her when she is here in town. I dont’t know having to know her is a good or not so good thing…. If she hadn’t broadcast about this Miu bag, I might not be thinking about it in first place -_-. But we agree it’s a super good deal.

Waiting for 2pm to come. So I can call the clinic!

Imperial Concubine

hey ladies! i'm back...today did scan and eggies still very small..gonna wait another week..torturing man!
    i'm thinking- should i go and see traditional chinese medicine again? This time maybe Dr Wu at Jurong East? Anyone know the timing for Sat clinic? need to book first or can walk in?
    issit too late to see her since next week should be O?

for diaper bags- hmm dont buy those heavy material one...coz after you put in all the stuff, aiyo, the bag super duper heavy esp if you not breastfeeding...coz need bring thermos, mlk bottles and mik powder. I bought a few bags before i decided on just a sports bag...big opening so that easy to find stuff and light weight.hahahaha

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Shez View Post
    Come to think about it, our parents didn't have diaper bags and we were perfectly ok! Haha. I have done friends who have been using naraya bags. Cheap and even if soiled, washable!
    ya..parent's money is easy to earn..haha

I used to be a bag slave too!! until hubby reminded me that all this trying to concieve-ing is super ex... & also even traditional chinese medicine is ex these days.. 7days med & acupuncture already $120-150.. moreover.. if I have a son, how to say my bags are a future investment?

preggie pillow at $180?! thats ex! I will need to move some pillows around cuz im not buying a pillow at that price!

dragontail- my hubby calls it 小香香! lol... he will sniff it every night & say its a smell only manufactured by me. hahaha... by the way, any more heavily discounted bags from your friend? haha.. so bad... tempt all of us here.... the siren red miu is nice.... can put quite a lot of barangs... but I cannot encourage you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:795338
    Mine both site say boy..
    both sites are accurate for you!

for me.. both sites gave different prediction... o well... lets see... important thing is healthy

poohy - not sure about traditional chinese medicine.. but while waiting for your eggies to grow.. take more lean protein like egg white & lean meat.. lots of fruits & green veggies too!

Imperial Concubine

happilymarried- thanks. Actually been taking the following: eggs, CoQ10, Vit D, EPO, longan red date....but hoh, hopefully its too early thus eggies havent grow and not an anovulatory cycle...

preggie pillow- thought mothercare now having discount? maybe those bfp ladies can go and see

Imperial Concubine

haha tried the gender prediction...1 say boy, 1 say girl ...if i bfp this month.hahahaha....

yes mothercare got discount now at 50%! 60plus now only

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    I used to be a bag slave too!! until hubby reminded me that all this trying to concieve-ing is super ex... & also even traditional chinese medicine is ex these days.. 7days med & acupuncture already $120-150.. moreover.. if I have a son, how to say my bags are a future investment?

preggie pillow at $180?! thats ex! I will need to move some pillows around cuz im not buying a pillow at that price!

dragontail- my hubby calls it 小香香! lol... he will sniff it every night & say its a smell only manufactured by me. hahaha... by the way, any more heavily discounted bags from your friend? haha.. so bad... tempt all of us here.... the siren red miu is nice.... can put quite a lot of barangs... but I cannot encourage you!!
    erm..i bought a long bolster (it is taller or about the same height as me - 1.63m) from robinson previously...20 plus only..hhehe

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	977342_10151484536639151_813026932_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	105781
    This is the pillow right? my neighbour selling her pillow... she bought it at $199.90, selling at $150, dont know still available or not.. anyone want? lol

MissA, the 50 percent sale is for the pillow too? Will be worth it. Told hubby got sale and he says get one. Lol hello your wifey not preggie yet.

Those at robinsons are not shaped for baby bumps. That's why it's priced far apart. I dont advocate that more pricey is better! But I have read alot of reviews for such special pillow and they have been good. I would surely buy it at 50percent off, if the time is right

I having lunch now later I print screen show you all!