Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by poohy Thanks littlej! Prob call them tomorrow to ask. For strollers...peg perego not bad. I regretted not ...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    Thanks littlej! Prob call them tomorrow to ask.

For strollers...peg perego not bad. I regretted not buying. ..good coz the seat seems higher than most stroller and no need bend so low to manage the kid...plus when keep, it can stand on its own. Maclaren stroller...need to bend down to fold it and cannot stand on its own. Bugaboo...find it quite low also. Quinny....cannot fully recline for sleeping. But quite high and can fit masi cosi car seat. Combi is light and good for travel but cannot hang too many things behind.
    Haha I did a lot of research on strollers thruout the years...
    ooh glad to hear that! I bought the peg perego stroller and car seat hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:795685
    littlej - thanks! I guess I will check out the baby stuff much much later on.. & when the time is right...

hubby is the same with cars n mods... if I no limit him... he also no limit himself... I went to browse strollers & car seats just to check the prices out cuz that's the first thing he'll be checking out.. agree with you littlej! I wont let him splurge on something so easily stolen/lost..

tonight is not my night! got so pissed off with hubby. I realised its only been 1 week since finding out about our bfp but I only get queen treatment on weekends. on weekdays he still treats my like a slave. today i finally blew my top at him & slammed him hard with my words. buay tahan his attitude. had to remind him we havent seen or baby's heart beat yet & im having back ache these 2 days (not a good sign right?) & havent check with the doc if I can drive for over an hr yet.. im like his bloody taxi driver.. pick him up from his soccer game?! stuck in the peak hour jam.. why cant he just take a cab!! he really needs to man up & be more sensitive to me....

my poor lil beanie.. I hope you're still snug in my tummy...
    Dont be so angry..... maybe he still have adjust to the mood... but soon he will.... dont worry so much.... sit while driving is still so much better than walking... as long as you rest as much as you can, talk to your baby inside while waiting for daddy.... baby will understand , for me frankly speaking I dont mind to drive n fetch my hubby....

My hubby not home yet... im so bored!!!

I got a peg perego switch too for my boy. But now my mum complain its heavy (its 9kg!) So I got a combi one thats only 4kg for her.

Thinking to sell the peg perego but I got it because I only wanted the best for baby that time when still preggers (bought at $900!). Still using occasionally cus its kept in hubbys car. Combi stroller for mum to bring baby to market on weekends.

Wanna keep for second child unless can sell for a good price.

Missy10: if you feel ok then i think you r ok haha

happilymarried: chill chill... it's the hormones

i think some of us at concert tonight

Littlej, I decided not to buy the miu!! Actually I have been telling myself for past months (after the last prada ) that I will buy something only if they are practical or they replace something that is broken or is good for my health. So the bag doesnt fall into any. But tomorrow im going to the IT show to buy car cams-front n back (healthy for my pocket in case choy choy got accident and can prove it's not my fault to compensate the other party) and maybe an Ultrabook (hmmm...under "Practical"?) and just jalan see what I really need

Oh my goodness! So many things to consider for a stroller. I think I will seek poohy's advice when I really need one some day. Haa. I really wont splurge on a 4-figure stroller. But I always hear one of the important considerations is lightweight. Sometimes poor hubby has to lug it around right.

Me also manless tonight, again. Did a simple nail art. Hope you all are feeling cheery too like the spring colors and daisies to bringing a smile to your face. Especially to you Happilymarried. Men sometimes like to act big baby. I treat my man like big baby too (he also not shy to tell me he is my big baby). Sometimes they act until forget the reality of the moment. Haa. Sometimes I also have to snap my fingers in his face and tell him hello I need help here. Dont be mad k. Men just need to be told at times. Somehow that's how they are engineered to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130606_212725.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	105843  

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:795707
    Littlej, I decided not to buy the miu!! Actually I have been telling myself for past months (after the last prada ) that I will buy something only if they are practical or they replace something that is broken or is good for my health. So the bag doesnt fall into any. But tomorrow im going to the IT show to buy car cams-front n back (healthy for my pocket in case choy choy got accident and can prove it's not my fault to compensate the other party) and maybe an Ultrabook (hmmm...under "Practical"?) and just jalan see what I really need

Oh my goodness! So many things to consider for a stroller. I think I will seek poohy's advice when I really need one some day. Haa. I really wont splurge on a 4-figure stroller. But I always hear one of the important considerations is lightweight. Sometimes poor hubby has to lug it around right.

Me also manless tonight, again. Did a simple nail art. Hope you all are feeling cheery too like the spring colors and daisies to bringing a smile to your face. Especially to you Happilymarried. Men sometimes like to act big baby. I treat my man like big baby too (he also not shy to tell me he is my big baby). Sometimes they act until forget the reality of the moment. Haa. Sometimes I also have to snap my fingers in his face and tell him hello I need help here. Dont be mad k. Men just need to be told at times. Somehow that's how they are engineered to be.
    Oh i miss manicure!!!!!!

Dragontail: you call that simple? you were a manicurist before?

After first trime, missy10!

Oh does the peg perego stroller allows you to see the baby while pushing? Me and hubby's criteria is that we must be able to see the baby, ie you can set either you face the baby or the other way round, when baby is bigger. What brands/models do that?

quincy, hehe this is easy . I can take on more challenging ones but they will take 2 hours to do because I really want them to look perfect even though they only last on my nails less than a week. Hee me no manicurist before. Guinea pigging on myself.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Many strollers nowadays can be front facing or back facing. Some require only switching the handle bar to the front. Some require you to detach the seat and attach to face you. Peg perego switch is like that. Can detach the stroller seat and put car seat. My hubby likes the detach and attaching part, like gadget. -___-

Oh you mean the peg perego can remove the seat and use as car seat? Sounds like that kind we like. Got many colors to choose from? :P How much is it may I know?

Geez I'm asking way too early for sure.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    We bought the car seat separately...the stroller itself can detach the existing seat and replace with car seat...the stroller costs $700+....car seat about 300+...but we bought online...way cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by TVH:795715
    Many strollers nowadays can be front facing or back facing. Some require only switching the handle bar to the front. Some require you to detach the seat and attach to face you. Peg perego switch is like that. Can detach the stroller seat and put car seat. My hubby likes the detach and attaching part, like gadget. -___-
    But i know not all car can attach the stroller, forgot what isit called.....

Dragontail: will you do it for me at friendship price? haha

I'm already feeling stressed with 101 things to consider for a stroller. Ha. Thanks TVH. Till then when I have the chance to shop for one.

Quincy, if one day my nail paintings 见得了场面, sure!

Hello ladies, I went to Mothercare harbourfront. Got good sales, I have bought the 'sleep plus pillow'..personally I feel it is worth the price and it also can be used after delivery for feeding so I think it is worth for reasonable months and not just during pregnancy..

I was drooling over all the baby clothes and related stuff for newborns...soooo cute..

Btw, there's a ultimate contemporary stroller for sale at Mothercare - its limited edition,Leather trim, aluminum-alloy wheels, air-ride suspension..available at $4,800 only 5 of them available in Singapore for sale

Anyone interested to save for it??

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/84/CEF9B353BB820EAD7998F2BBF481_h171_w304_m5_cDwcgbAE s.jpg
    Last edited by happysoul; 06-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.

happysoul, that's fast! So does it come with a case cover or you need to buy one separately? I guess some ladies here will like to know that too. Yes...it can be used for BF too so you can get good mileage from it.

A mommy shared with me dont over splurge on clothes/shoes (I know! I cant take it too when I see them so cute). Just get the basics. Babies grow fast like bean sprout on steroids!

@dragontail - I was afraid that it might run out of stock but at harbourfront they still have 6-7 in stock..also I am really tossing my baby up during sleeping so hope this pillow helps me to be sleep peacefully and inturn the baby too..

I confirmed with the sales representative that it comes with the case cover, which is removable and washable..I was looking for case cover with designs if available but it comes in just plain white only..

Actually as per our culture, we cannot buy anything in advance for the baby..so I can just look at all the cute stuff and satisfy myself as of now..

Tried it tonight and let us know the result tomorrow,

Damn pissed, having cramp but hubby not home yet...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    happysoul - limited edition @ $4800?? wah!! that is costly! dragontail, more then your bag issit? love your nail art!! hee... i have given up doing my own nails cuz im hopeless & I dont have that artistic gene in me... by the way, is pedi a no no during first trim?

dragontail - thumbs up for the in-car camera! we just had ours installed 2 weeks ago.. I feel safer with it..

this is funny.. I told hubby about the ultimate stroller (alloy wheels, leather trim n all). he guessed $999 first.. then $1599.. not even close.. when I told him the price.. he said wah!! then asked 'got anti-theft bluetooth system' or not... -____- men!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:795734

missy10 - go rest in bed while waiting for hubby.. remember to take the doc's medication timely & with warm water..

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:795745
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:795734

missy10 - go rest in bed while waiting for hubby.. remember to take the doc's medication timely & with warm water..
    I very guai to take it twice a day, first thing in the morning and last at night because it does make me headache

Hubby brought leftover durian which he had with his angmo vendor home as supper, cos his boss told him good for baby...

Talking about in-car camera, i had it for almost 2 yrs(way before it was popular in sg)
    Had accident may 2012, had this blur driver from JB, wanna turn left while he was at 3rd lane(straight only) while im at 4th lane (turn left n straight), he banged into my driver door(im the driver)... causing my side mirror to flip outward.... i still remember the first word i said upon the bang is "oh shit", hubby had hard time muting the audio before we send in for insurance claim....

In-car camera does help alot....
    Last edited by Missy10; 07-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.