Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 4 of 912 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 54 104 504 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by littlehamster Welcome littlej! For us we did 2days once on our fertile period. Sometimes he gt energy ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    Welcome littlej! For us we did 2days once on our fertile period. Sometimes he gt energy then he do everyday. I made him once the Dom + home cook chicken essence. He said it helps him alot the whole day to alert n concentration
    Wa littlehamster... you very xi xin. maybe I should also boil Dom + home-cooked chicken essence. I dont't know if anyone else feels this way but he's beginning to feel like a sperm machine and I feel kinda bad. I mean I know he understands that this is something that both of us are going through so he will accommodate me... but sometimes I think he wants to take a break but I want to 'chiong ahead'. Anyway, thanks to everyone for your listening ear.

littlej, a week wait is no problem. No need to rush to see Dr Wu Just to share, she said this year she's not going anywhere during Xmas. Last year and the past, usually she's gone during this festive period.

I know what you mean on making him look like a machine....we try to spice things up a little though during the BD phase so at least I dont feel so bad for him. Now that I'm preggie, I told him "sinseh says we cannot do homework for next 2-3months". He gives me a look like he rather be a machine. LOL.

Dont think too much into it. Just go slow with the process and it may be more enjoyable than just a "chore".

Thanks for the tips dragon tail.

Btw do you ladies exercise whilst trying to concieve-ing? I usually do bOdy combat but now I will settle with cross trainer, yoga and Pilates.. Should be ok right? Or not?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

That's what my hubby feels at first too! I think ever since we watched the What to Expect movie, he totally changed! now he even start to joke on those trying to concieve and preggy terms and during fertile period he will zhi dong. Haha. Highly recommend ppl to go watch that movie!

While t.t.c-ing, it's really ok to continuing what you always do at sports. But once conceived, better stop and heed the advice of your doc. For me, my sinseh told me no more sports for now. At least not during the first trime.

littlehamster, three more days.....

Ya. This morning while still sleeping suddenly lower left gt sharp pain then I drowsily woke up n fall aslp again. Now having extreme bloat n gas can't sleep zzz

Bd term used overseas called bed dancing. Haha

I'm out for this month.. :'( terrible cramps 3 days . Mum said I drink too much cold drinks. Maybe it's the fruit juices *sigh*

Ok try again. End year baby. August do confinement not ideal because very hot. End year is cooling

hi littlehamster - dont't be disheartened. we're all here! my AF is due on Christmas day (hur hur... will I spent Christmas day tearing??) i'm praying for a Christmas miracle but highly doubt so cuz I'm feeling the pre-AF symptoms now. Eh I heard shouldn't drink too much cold drinks cuz it will be too 'liang'. And no green tea, no tea (teh o, English tea, Chinese tea) too. And if drink fresh milk, best to warm it not drink it cold. These are the changes I've made this month but I couldn't resist my Earl Grey Milk Tea from gong cha yesterday

Worthy Lady

littlehamster, Dragontail
    think i am out for this month too.
    my AF still not here... suppose to be here on 13 Dec... already CD 40, damn worrying...
    Checked with traditional chinese medicine, she say i am having the pulse for AF.... but AF seem to stuck somewhere due to my hormones confused...
    if this month never come, it will be next month...
    I tested but Negative results... so no preggy.... unless there is false negative but dont think so because traditional chinese medicine already confirmed not preggy...
    i asked traditional chinese medicine what i should do... she say i can still BD because even if no AF, ovulation will still happen...

Anyone heard of such case?

Actually I wanna a May first child haha. But too bad it's a chem one. Then wait next yr like too late, not snake baby

Hope you get your Xmas wish, littlej! Ya I won't drink those Hmph hmph

you know.. i'm actually glad to join this thread. whilst I've just recently joined, it feels quite nice to have a support group with all of us understanding what one another is going through. I didn't tell any of my family / friends that i'm trying to concieve-ing cuz I didn't want the pressure of them asking for a status update each month. So in a way, it feels good to have a listening ear with all of you. thank you

Same for me. Noone to talk to. But I didn't told some stuffs to my little sis. Sometimes aso dont wanna tell too much aso

faithmummy, I guess your body is going through some changes now... dont worry too much. AF will come eventually and moreover you're seeing t-c-m so I'm sure she'll do what's right for you. I did read before that as long as your AF doesnt come, it might mean you havent O-ed. So can continue to BD. But personally, I dont think me and my hubby have the capacity to BD every other day w/o knowing when's my most fertile period ;p Perhaps you wanna try to rest at this period, wait for AF to arrive, and then try again at the fresh cycle. Like that at least you'll feel more "focused" in a way. Just how I feel...

littlej, very true that this forum gives us a platform to share and learn. Just 2 days ago, I broke the news to my mum and sistas (my inlaws know already since I'm staying with them) but not my dad. Because my dad is a loudspeaker so I dont want him to spread to relatives yet. Ha! Will tell him when I hit 2nd trime. Thanks to you too for hearing my stories

littlehamster, actually I'm not pung tung. Despite what old folks say that if we tell too soon, we will MC (sorry what logic is that?). But I just dont want to announce something that is not stable yet and then if anything bad does happen, we get uninvited attention. So ya, right now we just talking talking among few of us here !

Worthy Lady

Gambatte ladies!!!! My AF is supposed to 27dec, so I have no idea how Christmas will be too! But I've been a tad confused.

According to FF and other apps, my fertile period was supposed to be this week with AF on the 27th. But CM is dry this week. The watery one was last week!

The last cycle, I ignored my body signals (CM) and relied on the apps, and wasn't successful. This time round, I followed my body and ignored the apps. Wonder what will happen!

Shez shld be the watery week is fertile. around 2 weeks after your previous af. I read alot books it says it's the same 14days no matter cycle how long

Shez, I think trusting our body signals is more reliable. For 2 days before my ovulation and on ovulation day itself (based on BBT), I didnt have EWCM at all. My EWCM appeared only 6 days and 3 days before I O-ed. Those were the dates I BD. And I got BFP. I read somewhere that EWCM is your best bet to T-C-Cing. The other readings are just a booster to have.

@Shez - I replied on P tracker and FF app on the best 'dates' for 2 months - both also not accurate. But I just found out that FF has different methods of testing - for instance, you could opt for "advanced" / "fertility awareness" / "research" mode. The complicated part is these different modes gives different dates!

@Dragontail - What is EWCM?

I'm now using FF but only with BBT. I have not't quite got round to CM yet.

This is all beginning to feel like a science experiment

EWCM - egg white cervical mucus. The sign of being most fertile.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail
    i suddenly remember that i might have O late...
    because i remember 1 week after my Supposed Ovulation as stated by mobile apps, i did get EWCM...
    but i didn't take it to heart because i feel that O should not be so late..
    but i read online articles and it suggested that one might really O late which results in late AF
    think i got to monitor somemore....

Littlehamster

How about buying OPK strips... to test when is the LH surge?

Worthy Lady

just to share

Baby Carrots and Cervical Mucus

baby carrots increase Cervical mucus

Worthy Lady

dragontail

can you teach me how to chart bbt?
    when do you start charting? from day 1 menses?
    then how do you know if you are near to ovulation?
    when the temp rise or drop?

hi dear faithmummy, in this case I would also think you have O-ed late. Luteal phase (meaning the period when you've O-ed to the day your next AF arrives) is quite fixed (maybe +/- one day) in every cycle. LP can last 10-16 days averagely among women. So meaning example if your LH is typically 14 days, normally you should have O-ed on CD15/16 if that cycle last 30days. But since you mentioned you're at CD40 now (and AF should be coming soon), you might have in fact O-ed on CD26 maybe.

You can first try to create an acct with Fertilty Friend (Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting. And it's free for very basic package). You can choose the readings to be in Celcius since we're used to C. Typically the best is to start on first day of your mense, ie CD1. FF allows you to start charting anytime so that's not an issue. On the first month of charting, there's no way you can predict O. I think one needs at least 3 months of charting to be able to predict when O is coming. Some women experience a dip just before O so that's a good indicator. But some dont. For me, my dip is very little only. The next day, my temp just shot up so I was very sure I just O-ed. When I saw the rise for this cycle, I knew me and hubby can take a breather.

Perhaps let me show you how mine looks like below. Try it out in the FF. Let me know if you think I can share further ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chartgraph_module.php.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	93882  

I use Opk last cycle n realise I O early around 1-2 days. Only just this cycle. Previous all similar to my charts cos I got very obvious gloob of non fertile cm before the ewcm. And my window like kinda short I aso know when I O when bbt temp shoot up high

Dragontail: one thing I dont't like FF is that it need connect to Internet n quite slow haha. After a while I got fed up n no update -.-

My blackberry connection to FF is very fast. I just update it in the morning while waiting for my dog to finish her food.

Page 4 of 912 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 54 104 504 ... LastLast