Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hello!!! Jay was great oh so great!!! =) so talented too... Quincy - I thought you had tix?!? Dragontail - ...

Hello!!! Jay was great oh so great!!! =) so talented too... Quincy - I thought you had tix?!?

Dragontail - a tiger bottle was the first thing I got the minute I heard trying to concieve need warm water. It's a fab investment. The water is still warm till end day!!! I bring my tiger everyday. Your mother in law is really sweet - drink the soup - no harm... And pig liver good for iron. just pinch your nose and glup it down! i am sure your mother in law can see your sincerity since she knows you dont take pork right? oh, Maybe you can also start takin zhen too?

Happily married - sama sama. Before trying to concieve - I poo only 1 - 2 Times a week. Only after I started on traditional chinese medicine with dr wu that i can poo everyday! My first trime doc gave me this stool softener called senokot and it helped too. But my current doc does not prescribe to stool softeners. I read online that it is really no good to depend on stool softeners though. I mean, makes sense right - we can't be taking these supplements forever. So I stopped and now depending on natural means like veggie, water, fruits, yoghurt and prune juice. Getting better but there is the occasional 40min in loo incident. I only tale the stool softener when I have not't poo for 2 days. But gradually I want to stop depending on it.

On calcium - go do some online research. Some say calcium intake via natural means like milk and cheese is good enough. No need additional calcium tablets and there is medicinal evidence backing it. Again, my first trime doc prescribed calcium pills to me. But my current doc told me no need and about the above.

Rav - pregnant women are more susceptible to piles hence constipation is no good. Especially if one is going for natural birth, having piles or prior incidents of piles would be bad cuz might aggravate the situation and then may require op later!! I have friends who been thru it.

Poohy - dr wu's med didn't give me a pimple outbreak. But I find myself warmer after taking it (cuz I always had cold hands and cold feet) so that feels good. And as above, I can poo! Oh and I also find I had slightly rosy cheeks after taking her med too =)

Little hamster - oh wow you can bake too!!! Can make raisin croissants too? Hee hee. - me no like cinnamon. But anyway it looks yummy!

Nitey nite!

I stopped eating maggi mee and cup noodles since bfp. I really miss it though. Love mee goreng (and must be indomie brand)... And Nissin chicken or seafood cup noodles!

morning~~~

imstant noodles very harmful to preggie women?
    i was on a long and hard saving money process. so i did not buy jay chou tix T.T

yes Soundsfromtheheart is new here. i got her here from another thread because she was asking about if anyone got bfp from hsg.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:796407
    morning~~~

imstant noodles very harmful to preggie women?
    i was on a long and hard saving money process. so i did not buy jay chou tix T.T

yes Soundsfromtheheart is new here. i got her here from another thread because she was asking about if anyone got bfp from hsg.
    Quincy - thats very early!!! Good morning!!!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:796389
    I stopped eating maggi mee and cup noodles since bfp. I really miss it though. Love mee goreng (and must be indomie brand)... And Nissin chicken or seafood cup noodles!
    yess!! must be indomie brand! I will give up all instant noodles craving from now on. caused me to wake at 530am feeling hungry (dumb noodles didn't fill my tummy) & super thirsty! sob.. no more noodles for me ..

My boss' bro in law is a pathologist. He came across few before where the stomach has to be examined and they were found with a thick layer of wax lined at the inside wall. The cause : too much instant noodle. Ok google this and you'll find alot of articles support that this is myth. But I dont see why my boss has to "lie" to us about this. I know this is really sounding irking first thing in the morning! But I urge you ladies, especially mummies, to avoid instant noodle. I know there are many processed food out there which if we really read deeper, we probably end up just vegs and fruits in our diet (I know vegs/fruits also have their fair share of attacks especially if they are non organic). But I do think instant noodle is new age problem. Have a simple sandwich is way better than instant noodle.

good early sunday morn ladies!

quincy & missy10 you up so early?! why dont't sleep longer?

dragontail - yup. agreed. its just a dumb craving I had last night. all the noodles in my drawer shall only be used for 'war times' heehee I shall go bread shopping later n stock up...

Littlej, so was last nite's performance of Jay better than his last? I think I remember you've been to his concerts before.

For me, best is not seeing the stomach or liver in my soup. Too visual I cannot handle. I remember I saw my mom killed the crabs for cooking and I couldnt make myself eat crab for awhile. Ha!

Yes will be cooking my beloved bazhen tomorrow since af has cleared 7788.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow gynae visit!!!! Cant wait....

Happilymarried, haha ya leave them for wartime ok.

You are also early too. What you up to today?

*gee I am so thinking of cinnamon rolls*.

Aiyo my stomach must have a very thick layer of wax. :/ but I really enjoy eating instant noodle thou. (but stop after bfp) I love adding veggie, pork ribs and eggs and a lot of other things. My sister dont't get it why I add so much things inside since instant mee is supposed to be fast n simple lol

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Hehe hard to find cinnamon rolls outside these days. Used to have one shop quite yummy but closed down years ago. Cossiants quite fattening cos alot butter hehe

My af this cycle clears up pretty fast. Only 4 days Hmmm

i wake up super early on sundays to mop floor. because now staying with in laws. father in law does not like me mopping floor. he say he might slip and fall. so i mop whilst he's a sleep. then late morning i go nap

these days no bd but tummy still feeling funny around same time like every month.

then realise it is diarrhae. was a bit worried. luckily just my body detox.

dragontail - up early becuz hubby bug me to eat breakfast.. then he wants to go pc show when doors open.. but sky super gloomy here in the east & it just poured.. & you? more window shopping today? ;p do update us tomorrow after your scan! everything will go fine!

quincy - you r good! mop floor when everyone still asleep! detox is good but dont dehydrate.. take more isotonic drinks..

Quote Originally Posted by missA:796422
    Aiyo my stomach must have a very thick layer of wax. :/ but I really enjoy eating instant noodle thou. (but stop after bfp) I love adding veggie, pork ribs and eggs and a lot of other things. My sister dont't get it why I add so much things inside since instant mee is supposed to be fast n simple lol
    me too.. always thought if I boil noodles separately & another pot put lots of fresh ingredients, then not so bad... but I guess its the production of the noodles itself that uses lots of wax.. so we all better lay off..

I must say some instant noodles taste really yummy! I usually add leafy veg and mushroom. Topped with chopped parsley and fried shallot.But I'm really avoiding them since they are really not healthy.

Quincy, awww you're so nice to your old folks. True that they have to avoid falls at their old age.

Happilymarried, ya more shopping today but at the expo! I wonder got branded apparel sales or not Hubby got class whole day today again but might cheong to the IT show during lunch break so I will meet him there. He keeps telling me to change my 6-year old laptop to an ultrabook. Hmm...but my lappy still serving me well! I dont know yet....

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

no I am not good. I am only doing it because otherwise my sister In law will come and nag me. haha :P

once I get my own house by end of this year I can do mopping at my own sweet time ^^
    oh Dragontail you are doing scan that is named "you/S" right?
    I am guessing it is ultrasound and so far I see high resolution machines are big so they are often located at labs and not at doc's clinic.

why do they have yummy instant mee these days? like those Korean types...

Hehhe quincy, I am also looking forward to my own place but 2 years later (ahhhh so long). Actually staying here I feel like a queen....but like you said earlier, you dont wish to use the kitchen much as it's not your own. I love cooking and can be heavy cooking but I wont "mess up" kitchen that is not mine. And of course, I look forward to much privacy Your half year wait will be over soon!

Will update after tomorrow's. Of course deep inside I'm hoping my internals are all looking fine. Kinda anxious really.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

someone selling brands essence of chicken hamper.

think it's worth to go for it?

Brand new Essence chicken and bird nest hamper for sale!!!

my stomach upset making me miserable T.T

Hello!!

Dragontail - this concert was more "tame" than his last (and may I also add, his previous concert). The stage setup and technical stuff were very innovative and extremely well executed. But he seemed a bit tired and voice was a lil' hoarse yest too. Hahah yes I am a jay Chou fan! Think the energy level has got to do with age too. He is 34 this year... Last concert he was 31. Previous concert he was 29. That said, I think he will last a while in this industry... The dude got popular cuz of talent not for looks.

Dragontail - How is the soup? Tell your hubby to remove all the porky bits so you just need to drink the soup. Oh yes tomorrow is scan and results day ya! Let us know how it goes! What time are you meeting the doc?

My hubby said pc show no need to go. He said the pc shops at Funan will also extend the same offer and for the next few weeks too?!? so no need to chiong the crowds at expo. I am thinking if I should get a Mac or switch to a PC. Hmm.

Quincy - you are such a loving daughter in law!

Hmm - getting own place is nice. But haha also can see hubby's 怪坡, and learning how to live with each other quirks. Like for instance my old man originally agreed we will take turns doing housework - one week each. Duh! I ended up doing everything incl washing of toilets too! Eventually we got a pt maid - helps to minimize the squabbles of who does what =p and hahaha finally he realized how many shoes and bags and clothes I have =p

Oooo yes I must also have had a hard layer of wax inside my tummy. So I made a conscious effort to stop eating maggi mee whilst actively trying to concieve (maybe eat only once a month instead of weekly??) although hahaha tried to make it seemed healthy by adding veges too! But after bfp I stopped completely. Oh. But I love mee goreng indomie .

Quincy - think of it as detox!

Worthy Lady

Yup Littlej, nowadays no need to go to actual pc show to get the deals. Funan etc will also offer d same deals. But those hourly specials will only happen at the pc shows. But it's been years since I've been at one! Lol.

Dragontail, good luck for your scans tomorrow!

Quincy, just 6 mths more to staying alone! Hahaha. Actually, my hubby and I have been staying alone for most of our 4 yrs of marriage life (1yr overseas where he was working + 2.5yrs in our own house now), and I must say, staying without parent is really the best. During arguments both of you can shout at each other without worrying that parents will kpo, and when you do hsework, you dont't worry that parents will say should do this or that. Plus all d storage space everywhere is just for 2 of us! Shoe racks etc!
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:796466
    my stomach upset making me miserable T.T
    If cannot tahan better go take some anti diarrhea meds

Yesterday I was orchard kid and today I am vivo kid! Decide to go pc show after hubby's class at 6pm, rather than lunch time. So now jalan. Just ordered lunch at yakun. Toast bread and 2 half boiled eggs. Slurp.

Haha so pc show is a hoax? My man thinks pc show we get better bundle deals. Aiya he happy can already. He seldom shops so let him be. Haa.

Thanks littlej, shez! My lovely private part will be invaded at 9am. Result should be out within 1 and half hours (that's where I will be orchard kid again). Once I'm called, I will go back up to take my result and head to dr Chew. So all should be done by lunch time.