Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi superwoman, wow so I think that’s a good news. Thanks for joining me At least for now I know ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hi superwoman, wow so I think that’s a good news. Thanks for joining me At least for now I know I should be doing it naturally.

Dragontail my understanding is that IUI might work better for cases facing low sperm count or mobility.. It's artificial insemination of the soldiers so they can reach the queen more easily. For poor morphology, usually gyneas will suggest IVF-ICSI as they can select the most normal soldier (after washing) and inseminate it with the queen under laboratory condition. Success rate for IVF is alot higher than IUI too though factors like lining, egg quality and womb condition also play a part.

Haha yea Draontail the Dr also said there are success cases for poor morphology. And I was wondering how come she rejected me for IVF

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    quincy - tell your mom you r waiting for the stork to send you a baby? heehee... me being cheeky..

or can give excuse like waiting for your own place first? and if you strike soon.. you can surprise everyone

dragontail & superwoman, you both r not alone.. we (at least for me) have been thru this long journey before so we r here to help you jiayou!!

actually iui (without stims) is really easy & no pain. neither is it too invasive. to put in simple terms, its just selecting the best soldiers & putting them much much nearer to the egg! the rest again is up to nature.

on a separate note.. what symptoms are you supposed to feel at week 6 ongoing week 7? I cant feel my beanies. I wish I can see them every week or every few days even. I wish I had more nausea or does it sound dumb to think this way?

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hello ladies..at my My latest scan today , gynae told me it's girl omg! Totally confused... Seems need to confirm at detailed scan... Lol..
    happyilymarried... You can only feel the baby after 18 weeks onward for first time mom.. I feel that way too that whether my baby is fine.. Cos I can't feel anything last time and all the ache here and there make me worry... Just trust your beanie...

My nausea is pretty mild when at week 6, got worse at week 8-9 and it is completely gone by week 11-12. Only merlion twice. you r probably obe of the lucky ones. You will feel even less pregnant as the weeks goes by except for a little bump that will seem to look smaller or bigger, that will certainly make one worried like mine.

Hello from Singapore!!!

Gosh network was soooo slow so I am now catching up...

Now i admire those women who travel for work whilst pregnant! First need to get letter from doc. then need to sign letter of liability with airline, then the loo is not at your immediate disposal at landing or taking off time. And ya I am super thankful my hubby came with me cuz of luggage as well. And then there is the additional worry if all will be ok, what if something happens, fear of eating something wrong, fear of swollen feet... I am glad to be home!!! =)

Dragontail - i would say, take each step at a time. At least now you have done the checks. And hubby is on the tentex. Maybe after 2 rounds, see what the doc says? Are you seeing him on a monthly basis? Agree trying to concieve is not cheap esp with doc visits but well, take it that it is also a health / body check. That's how i see it. and well, i saw doc every month whilst trying to concieve! As for iui - to me, I feel that it is not that "artificial" and "invasive". It kinda simulates actual sex except help from the doc to get the healthier spermies reach the egg faster. I have had friends who succeeded with iui. i do agree that ivf is a "artificial" and yes, I would feel uncomfortable making that choice - or i may not even want to make that choice if it boils to that. No offense to happilymarried yeah, just personal pov and for reasons of faith.

Superwoman - sorry for my ignorance but you mean Kandang Kerbau Hospital can reject application for ivf? On what grounds did they not accept you? Sorry, I always thought that since govt wants more babies and ivf costs more and more profitable, all hospitals will gladly approve all applications.

Me have no comment on the lady who chose to abort at 23 weeks. It's her life, her choice. And besides she is still a student. it takes courage to see through a full pregnancy. I do know sg law approves for abortion up to 24 weeks cuz my gynae told me before when I asked what if my detailed scan was no good.

I have a friend who was trying to get preggers for 2 years. Eventually did ivf and conceived twins. Later naturally conceive a boy. And later naturally conceived twins. She aborted the last two claiming impossible to have five children. I kinda thought that was so sad cuz when you were trying to have, you were so desperate. Later when god naturally showered his blessings, you terminate them (not one but two). And she and hubby are very well to do, both from well to do families and hubby doing very well in the family business. They own a hdb and a couple of overseas properties and a private property in Singapore. For her, I just felt again - it is her choice and her life. But the diff is, she aint a struggling student and has a loving husband.

Thelay: Congrats! Another princess in da house

Happily married - erm, I had almost negligible nausea. Only puked twice. And honestly, no symptoms except sleepiness but even for that, well - I tend to knock off everytime my head touches the pillow anyway! So have faith your beanies are doing well.

My only caution is I reckon you should have as much bed rest cuz you are carrying two. And eat proper and no carrying of heavy things and no sex and no exercises. Just rest. Your tum will get heavier when the pregnancy progresses so take this time to appreciate the lightness. Also, my friends who had twins typically had them Pre-mature so again, I would advise for you to rest as much as possible. Oh- and do kegel exercises cuz you need strong pelvic floor muscles since you are carrying two!

Oh Dragontail - to answer your question on my o then. I bd the evening I o-Ed. It coincided with doc's timetable and also what dr wu gave. So I had a smiley face on tues evening opk (not on morning). So bd dates were sun, tues evening, thurs evening, sat afternoon. I skipped monday cuz both hubby and me had no more steam.

And on bags... Hahah I am actually not a lv fan. I have never owned a single lv product. But I am bowled over by the know baby. The lady didn't tell me when the other colors are coming in but she said most likely will come in more colors. I kinda like the yellow but my old man said I already have a bright colored long champ so I should go for a more muted color if it is another sling bag style. Which I agree - although I wonder if that was my old man's way of making sure I dont't spend $$$ on a bag =__=

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Hello from phuket! Weather here really sucks....been super cloudy with light rain since the day we arrived....wasted...

I think for poor morphology, dont't have to worry too much. My hubby had that too but with help of supps, we managed to hit bull's eye. Like I said, men's sperm renewal process is every 72 days so the nxt batch might be superman material. Maybe that's why Kandang Kerbau Hospital rejected straight IVF procedure for you all...

Tvh - weather is telling you to relax in the room and make out =p

Happilymarried I think it's too early to feel much. I read twins have more MS. So before you wish for symptoms, be warned that it is still too early

Thelay, you're confused because the doc suspected it was a boy? Anyway boy or girl, congrats!

Littlej, welcome back! Ya I also cannot imagine if I have to travel alone with all those lugging when preggie. Just generally not as "carefree" in most aspects. Oh so that means you bd-ed twice after you have o-ed. Initially I thought all those dates were before you've o-ed.

TVH, oh hope the sun comes out tomorrow at phuket (singing that song in my head now)!

On a separate note - have any of you mothers thought of childcare arrangement?

I am feeling a little down. Initially thought my mum could help to look after but my mum has rejected me unless I pay her $1600 (excluding monthly allowance). This is to offset what she is currently getting doing part time and sacrificing her mahjong time. When I asked her if she could help for 3 months then I will send lil' muffin to infant care from 7 months onwards - she also said not possible as she can't give up her part time just for 3 months.

And well, hubby and I thought $1600 is a lot on our finances especially when the baby is out...

And of course I wont consider my mother in law since she doesn't like me and Still on super good terms with the ex-wife and i just can't bring myself to trust my lil' muffin with her.

So old man and I discussed and said perhaps infant care is the way to go (given we can't seem to find nannies too). And perhaps get our pt maid to come in twice a week instead. Cuz there is really no point getting a full time helper if baby is going to infant care right? I mean, what is the maid going to do during the day - go swimming?!?

Whilst I know I cannot force my mum to sacrifice her freedom, I still feel very sad. And well, I sure hope lil' muffin is healthy and strong and won't keep falling sick at infant care.

"The sun will come out tomorrow... Bet ya bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun..."

Littlej: tho its good to plan ahead, things might not turn out according to plan. Try not to worry and overly stress yourself. 船到桥头自然直 since recommended to breastfeed for 6mths at least, can bond with your little one and then place at infant care later if finances allow? Seen middle income couples bring up 4 kids, its amazing. And also know of couples who earn 5 figure combined income complaining about not enough with only one kid. It all depends on what your priorities are, what sacrifices you r willing to make.

I am sorry that your mum can't help you out. My mum is willing but as she owns a small business & is currently shorthanded so cannot do my confinement. That said it might be taxing on our mothers since they are getting on with age already. So best to pay someone else to do the hard work.

As for domestic helpers, hire with care. The level of training nowadays is definately not on par with those that brought me & my bro up. Many are not even of legal age. Cannot imagine a kid taking care of a kid. Got 2 agencies at my workplace, seen them do atrocious dishwashing in the toilet. Wah lao...buay tahan plus very hiao...really makes me think twice or thrice before deciding to hire one... >_<

Littlej, dont be sad...baby with eye bag and sad face looks funny.

My boss had it quite tough during the early years of her daughter. She cant trust her mom in a way because her mom is a very carefree person. Doesnt want to be "locked down" at home with a grandchild, yes even though she is hers. And my boss also doesnt quite agree with the mom's hygiene standard . As for her mother in law, she didnt offer to take care simply because it's a gal. So sad . But the mother in law offered with open arms when one of her sons had 2 boys. I cannot take it this one.

In the end, she sought help from a relative (her mother in law's sis). Luckily she agreed. At times when the aunt in law couldnt take care, she had help from her neighbor next door. She said the neighbor is the best... being a good care taker and hey, just next door ! But her neighbor said her hubby doesnt like the idea of her being a full time nanny. So it's only once a while then she is able to help.

Did you go down the list to explore if any relatives might be able to fit the nanny's bill?

thelay - congrats! did doc chop stamp & confirmed its a princess? get ready for pink shopping!!

tvh - enjoy the lovely hotel room (gentle bouncing yeah) & its nice shopping without the blazing heat...

thanks dearies rav thelay dragon & littlej.

I will enjoy the 'light feeling' now & rest more.. all hubby's fault.. he keeps talking to my beanies & ask them to behave well... now too quiet already & I worry...

littlej - no worries & of cuz no offence !! I also strongly feel ivf is the LAST resort to baby making. I took it becuz doc said after 6 or 7 failed iuis. she refused to do iui on me anymore! ha...

Thank you Dragontail for the funny comment! Hahaha sad face plus eye bags... Look like grumpy smurf?!? =p

My mum said she will help me look for babysitters. So let's see how that goes. Anyway We found an infant care 5 min drive from my place that we both like so will probably go pay deposit to chope a place first (kiasu ). I plan to take 4 months maternity so lil' muffin will be there from 3 months plus to 适应... Actually wanna ask my boss if can take 5 months maternity (ie I will take one month unpaid) but well, have to see if possible...

Hee hee - I found a neighbor who wanted to be a nanny. But well, she has 2 kids one 5 and another 3... So I dont know how she can cope. And she mentioned she will wanna take bus to go to the central nearby to buy stuff etc and will bring baby along... I was like uh....

Oh well, it's Friday!!! What is everyone's plans? Me spending fri alone cuz hubby has to tend to his work.

littlej - for little muffin to be healthy & strong (and free of eye bags ) now til you pop you have to take real good care of yourself. have you looked around any relatives who are willing to help? neighbours perhaps? how about your colleagues? do they have any recommended agency or helper that they can share with you at least just for a couple of months til infant care? you still have some time so dont be too stressed over this issue right now.

my mother just retired and wants to take care of children. but she has no confinement experience, so i am just casually saying.