Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Dragontail: i do not know what else to say except sorry to let you think about your loss. but she ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Dragontail: i do not know what else to say except sorry to let you think about your loss. but she will be very happy to know that she will not be forgotten forever and always.

happilymarried & nataliengbh: i am also contemplating to have a pet for our new house for the same reason. and happilymarried my cat is the same! she is very fussy over her toilet! until she does her business anywhere in the house! imagine i was so angry everytime i reach home. because of this nightmare i am still undecided. consider it lucky i left her at my maiden home. and the owner she acknowledges is my sister and my father, not me. i am only the secondary owner.
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Afternoon!!!

Tell you all a secret... My boss gave the go ahead for me to work from home... And I only got out of bed at 1030am!!! actually I woke up at 945am but lil' muffin was doing some serious kungfu fighting when i opened my eyes and I was so amused (first time it's so ferocious!) so I decided to spend some time relishing the experience.

Anyway, started the morning on a good note and it is going downhill cuz of stupid work stuff.

Dragontail - *hugs* I can lend you my pooch if you want some pooch patting and hugging... and it also comes with daily walks, cleaning up poo and newspapers, fur all over the house... Will you be thinking of getting another pooch or wait for your new house first?

Happilymarried - wow... I didn't think of putting my dog at the sitter during first trime!! Hmm. I modified by putting a stool so i sat and cleared the newspapers / change water bowl / feed. Oh, come to think of it - my friend also passed me her bunny for pet sitting when she went away for her hols - and I cleared the cage every 2 days with the same sitting on stool method.my first trime some more. On hindsight, I should be quite thankful nothing happened!!! Ahhaha - my old man was convinced after the bunny sitting experience that we will never have a bunny! He found it such a hassle to be clearing the cat litter every 2 days =p (newspapers easier to crunch and roll)

Oooo - trying to concieve nail parlor can also serve wraps! Hee hee Dragontail - I can be the pantry soh - wash plates and cups and sanitize all the equipment and vacuum floor and clean basins... And buy meals for everyone (4d also can). Hahaha!!!

To thelay - angry mama = angry baby. Think of the little being inside you and may the anger subside.

For me - I personally feel that need to cut the men some slack. Especially with impending fatherhood which marks a significant change in his life - for my old man at least... I mean, yes it is a significant change for us ladies but the men may feel it more I feel?!? Like we are more adaptable to changes but men can be like cave-men. So for me - I will let him enjoy as much as possible now (within reasonable limits)... But with the assurance he will be a responsible dad which means no drunk driving, no cheating, no getting into fights etc. I personally dont't believe in setting a curfew cuz for me - I wouldn't like it if my man sets a curfew for me too. I dont't want my hubby to feel that he didn't have enough of 'time with the boys' or 'my wife controls my time with boys'. i want him to know that I trust him, I appreciate him. If I'm in your shoes, I'll let this go... A few days later I will casually mention to him that it would be good if he could give me a ring / SMS if he is home late cuz I'll be worried something may have happened... And surely, you dont't want a pregnant woman calling / visiting every hospital in Singapore in the middle of the night right =) instead of expressing displeasure, I just tried to make him see my point and how worried I am for him (which then makes me one up - see your wife dont't wanna stop you from going out but she worries about you y'know!)... =p

But again, that's how I view things and how I have done it with my old man .

Hey thanks all for the comfort...im ok. Just still not used to no-dog days. Of course yes I love her missing her a lot a lot

Littlej, haha aiyo then you must be the most busy person in the parlour! Not easy to run everywhere for every little thing. Lol.

My current place is a no-no. I mean aint my house. New place is too small for a dog. I am thinking of a cat. But hubby says no. He Prefers smaller pets now (in proportion to the new house) like guinea pigs. When did you last hear a man like to keep guinea pigs??

Very true on the soft approach to the man. Because I will also blow up if hubby kinda set rules for my time outs. Of course everything has a limit. I feel my man appreciates that I trust him and let him pretty much do what he wants (after he has fulfilled me as priority at times ). I remember seeing this flash at EMAS at some roads. It says "Be safe for your loved ones". I feel this is one of best quotes LTA has done. It takes the soft approach and my hubby also agrees it has a good impact after seeing that. I mean whatever you do (on the road in this case), think of your family first. You wanna be home in one good piece to your loved ones dont you?

Therefore before he goes out for his late nights, I will just tell him "be home safe for mama ok". I am mama Just a little reminder that go have your time but remember I am home waiting. Just be home safe and all will be alright.

Dragon tail - hahahah, I burst out laughing at "a man wanting to keep a guinea pig"!!! Well, you can opt to have a small dog for a small house? Like a Pom or a chihuahua or tea cup Maltese?!? Hee hee, our house is not that big as well - 1000 sq ft and I have a medium sized dog. Hmm, maybe you can consider keeping a 乌龟? Confirmed small. =p personally for me - I wouldn't keep a cat (cuz cat litter is toxic for pregnancy) and well I am a dog person, they are just so much more lovable and reactive =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    When did you last hear a man like to keep guinea pigs??
    hahaha. my hubby likes smaller animals whereas i like bigger animals. love cuddles.
    (that's why my hubby so chubby)
    so when he tells me that, i am very bad, i look at him like o.0
    i guess that is the soft side of my hubby.

littlej: so shiok !!

moody on a monday. gossip a little: i have no idea why a new girl wants to change seats with me have to go through 2 people to tell me.

Quincy, hehe no offence to your man! I really have never came across any guy friends (except one when that was like a dozen years ago) who are very fond of very little pets

Littlej, I can say I am an animal lover but my hubby is even more so. He will save snails who got into the walking path (so that other people will not accidentally step on them). He will walk far to anywhere to buy cat food if we happen not to be driving and spot a stray cat who looks frail and hungry (while he asks me to stay with the cat). And just last week, we went to find our fav resident cat and saw her playing with a bat! dont’t know if the bat was already injured before the cat found it. But it was when we saw it. It wanted to fly but kept banging onto the walls of the void deck. My hubby managed to find some papers from his bag and scoop the bat up and place it at another field where it is far from the cat. I mean not sure if the bat will survive eventually…. But my hubby can never stand small animals being attacked (i know sometimes it’s just nature and beyond us). Well, that’s my dear hubby.

Woohoo officially working from home! So nice no need to wake up too early, no need to make up nor do hair. dont’t find it less productive, compared to being at the office (so long the job nature allows and you have the lappy and VPN all set up). Actually for past 2-3weeks I have been working from home too; some days visiting my customers and popping in office if need be.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Wah Dragontail, your hubby so gentle. Mine will think is none of his business and dont't bother. Think is cos last time he was chased by a big dog before so scared. His mum also dont like animals one. So far Cos of me,he start to like hamsters

guess what came in together with my taobao order.

i ordered through agent SGShop. feels like good service <3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	106911  

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - hubby & I planned to send my bun to the sitter cuz I had difficulty conceiving so hubby thinks im high risk.. also we didnt want any mishaps or rather try to minimise risks for me. & your 1000sq ft house can keep dog?? mine 900+ sq ft last time & hubby said no space for a bunny! hmm.. so I waited.. also hubby has a fetish for clean white furniture.. so no dogs for me..

dragontail - guinea pigs r cute too!! they drink water differently from bunnies. super cute! but coming from a guy... 1st I've heard. haha!! & hmm heard that cat poo & pee are very toxic for pregnant ladies. can cause miscarriage too.

quincy - take special care too with your kitty at home.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - your hubby is amazing!! does he like animals from young? I think its nurturing from young. hubby did not keep any pets when he was growing up. I had hamsters & fishes. fishes were a bit boring. haha. fell in love with bunnies & could only keep once I was independent.

littlej - when I was telling hubby the list of fruits you ate.. before I got to dinner fruits.. he already butted in and said "no diarrhoea meh?" hahaha.. he hates greens & fruits.. he has an intestine like a vertical pipe. I always thought feeding him expensive food is such a waste cuz comes out within 2 hours! I am trying out the many fruits.. but hopefully gastric (my "best" friend in the past) doesnt come back to haunt me. me will jiayou to.... poop more frequently...

Hehe my hubby is so different I know! Everytime we pass by Pet Lovers, he will stop and koo-ju-koo the hamsters and guinea pigs (somehow he doesn’t like chinchilla). He used to have gerbils during his school days. He would build the extension house for them. :P

Just received a news. My teammate is leaving. He holds some heavy weight accounts and this means some will be passed on to me, while we look for a replacement soon (if lucky!). Ahh!! I will be so much more busy. Why because most of the other teammates will be MIA for some days in the next 2-3months. One going for his reservist, one going to be on leave as his wife is going to pop, and one is going on holiday (to TW for pre-wedding photo shoots). We help each other when one goes on leave. Mati… how to cover for so many people?

Happilymarried, I actually love fishy! When I was at my old place (living alone), my hubby (back then not married yet) set up an aquarium and we had so much fun. Every weekend we would go pasir ris fish farm to choose fishes to add on to the aquarium. And buy whatever add-ons that it needed. And my dog (back then when she was younger and active and could see) found pleasure in it too because she could sit there and stared at the fishes for 1hr. No kidding! You could call her but she ignored you. She just “enjoyed” the watching a lot. Why I said “enjoyed” because she actually hated the fishes. If she had a chance to reach the tank, I am sure she would kill all of them. Haa. Aww… I miss those days.

Quincy, are those n95 or similar? Looks like those mask for normal use… like those I use when after facial I wanna go somewhere but the session has stripped me off from my makeup and I wont go anywhere without makeup (concealer!) . Hee.

Worthy Lady

LittleJ .. Thanks for sharing your view and advice... I am just angry that after he do something.. doesn't try to do anything to make me happy again. I have phobia of sleeping alone... and if somebody doesn't come back .. i can't go and sleep.. i will keep waking up ...

but strangely.. after pregnant.. i dont scare anymore.. but he know i can't sleep alone and i will keep waiting for him... I am very very light sleeper.. Even though i sleeping in the room, if i hear key sound from the outside, i will wake up ald..

Nvm.. enough of my rant...

I ordered N95 mask one from q00 and one from Malaysia... Now I have 2 boxes of N95 masks.. Heard you can't use N95 mask over 20 mins if you are pregnant.. If normal surgical mask, make sure to wear 3 or 4 ply.

I feel very sad that people mark up the price of masks during crisis.. When things happen in japan, they even share food.. But here trying to take advantage of it..

Anyone can recommend any brand of good air purifier to put in living room?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay View Post
    LittleJ .. Thanks for sharing your view and advice... I am just angry that after he do something.. doesn't try to do anything to make me happy again. I have phobia of sleeping alone... and if somebody doesn't come back .. i can't go and sleep.. i will keep waking up ...

but strangely.. after pregnant.. i dont scare anymore.. but he know i can't sleep alone and i will keep waiting for him... I am very very light sleeper.. Even though i sleeping in the room, if i hear key sound from the outside, i will wake up ald..

Nvm.. enough of my rant...

I ordered N95 mask one from q00 and one from Malaysia... Now I have 2 boxes of N95 masks.. Heard you can't use N95 mask over 20 mins if you are pregnant.. If normal surgical mask, make sure to wear 3 or 4 ply.

I feel very sad that people mark up the price of masks during crisis.. When things happen in japan, they even share food.. But here trying to take advantage of it..

Anyone can recommend any brand of good air purifier to put in living room?
    i used to be angry when my husband come home late when he say he would be early...at times we do quarrel about it also..after that, i told him that knowing where is he and when he is coming back is not to monitor him, rather to know whether he is alright...since then, he would inform me if he is going out, when he will be back and etc ....i wont call him if he is later than the time he said unless my girl wanna talk to him before she sleeps.....

on N95, please note that there are some fake stuff that are sold in the internet..you may want to double check that it is authentic...

MOH/NEA website state that women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy may already have reduced lung volumes or breathing issues. Hence, they should stop using a N95 mask if they feel uncomfortable. In addition, women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy should not use the N95 mask for more than a short duration each time. think i saw a website that state 15 to 20 mins.

Quincy, are those n95 or similar? Looks like those mask for normal use… like those I use when after facial I wanna go somewhere but the session has stripped me off from my makeup and I wont go anywhere without makeup (concealer!) . Hee.
    yes it is just normal surgical masks but somehow i am touched by the gesture. i am probably a freebies fan haha

poor Thelay. i sayang you on behalf of your husband. new family member coming. baby will keep you company dont worry

happilymarried: my kitty at my parents place with her favourite "mama", my sister
    Last edited by quincy1986; 24-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Thelay, hugsss. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to talk with hubby about what you expect of him. Sometimes, the most common “mistake” human beings make is assumption. I like to assume my man knows what I am thinking at times. Not always true l.or. If it has be to in-your-face kind, then it has to be. dont’t worry… there will be clear sky after a storm. BTW, I’m also like you. I wont sleep soundly if hubby is not back home. I usually will wake up when he gets into the room. Unless I had D.O.M before I sleep. Hee sure knock out in full mode.

Quincy, oh you mean that comes free? Very nice! Taobao orders are like that… they always throw in free stuff, even though you merely order small items. I enjoy buying stuff from taobao indeed. This round, I ordered 4 packs of cheapie hpt (I can POAS 40x!)and lotsa nailart stickers. They will arrive tomorrow

Worthy Lady

Thelay, hugsss. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to talk with hubby about what you expect of him. Sometimes, the most common “mistake” human beings make is assumption. I like to assume my man knows what I am thinking at times. Not always true l.or. If it has be to in-your-face kind, then it has to be. dont’t worry… there will be clear sky after a storm. BTW, I’m also like you. I wont sleep soundly if hubby is not back home. I usually will wake up when he gets into the room. Unless I had D.O.M before I sleep. Hee sure knock out in full mode.

Quincy, oh you mean that comes free? Very nice! Taobao orders are like that… they always throw in free stuff, even though you merely order small items. I enjoy buying stuff from taobao indeed. This round, I ordered 4 packs of cheapie hpt (I can POAS 40x!)and lotsa nailart stickers. They will arrive tomorrow
    oh..i can sleep very well even if my hubby is not in as im very used to him not around (he work shift work i.e. 9pm to 9am or 9 am to 9pm even in our pak tor days..)

Dragontail: wow that is very sweet of them.

I take bus home from work sometimes. but once the bus driver was day dreaming and he jammed on the brake so hard. at that time i felt so lucky i was not pregnant yet. T.T

Hubby just came out of the shower and asked me "tonight dont need to do homework already right?". Hee told him I also no energy already. Today is 2DPO. Think we have done enough. The rest let science and luck work themselves.

I did a CalculateYourEDDfromConceivedDate. Ha... exactly my birthdate. How fun if it's so.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    12Mar? Hehehe 1cake for 2person save $

Oh I tried few webbies and it's 15march. One stone hits two birds. Anyway not very fond of birthday cakes

Can buy from cedele. Novena and old borders there also have