Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; TVH: ok i double confirm with my ex-col 1st then i PM you. maybe later in the afternoon....

TVH: ok i double confirm with my ex-col 1st then i PM you. maybe later in the afternoon.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thanks Quincy!! ^ ^

yes may af stay far far away dragontail! well, af and pregnancy symptoms are almost the same ya? heh

yupp blood test can get back result about 3-4 hours later within the day. am just afraid of the result uh! I think I might still go tomorrow. thurs a&e, fri gynae and sat gynae already totalled $500+ but ofcus im not conplaining.

15mth is a total handful! gynae advised not to carry him at all now. abit difficult sometimes uh!

Good morning!

Dragontail - oh, I am so praying for good news for you. Are you seeing the doc tomorrow regardless? Hope you had a good walk? Did you do a super long distance walkathon again? =)

Ya I guess it is an isolated case. But scares me cuz I always thought gahmen-owned centers are more stringent in terms of franchising and checks given gahmen no want negative publicity.

For maternity - I should be taking 5 months. If my hr allows. I have 15 days of annual leave I need to clear by this year so planning to take 2 months, followed by 15 days (December) then continue on with the next 2 months. Reason is because if I send muffin to infant care or nanny - I want him to be older first. At least one month older also better right... If my mum was Willing to look after, I would have taken one less month... But oh well, what to do!

Wanton mee - no offense but me no likey the sound of your first gynae. How about the second gynae - do you prefer him / her? Then you might consider doing blood test with another gynae. Anyway when I did mine with my first gynae at glen e - I did blood test in morning then got results in the late afternoon. I spent my entire day at glen e that day =)

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

TMI... I just poo poo (which means a little straining there) and got wiped blood already. CD1 today!

Yes, all these trying to concieve stuff do cost, dont they? Since last year started trying to concieve, I'm sure we have spent min $6k+ (visits/traditional chinese medicine/supps/procedures. $3k plus was through medisave though). Just close one eye and look forward ahead

Maybe ask daddy to carry if possible? Not sure if it's possible to reason with a 15month old though. Haa.

Dragontail: no show no show! Getting excited for you. Preggers & AF symptoms are really similar. Many of us also had all the 'usual' symptoms but got our bfp. Be Positive!

TVH & littlej: wow....Only 10 & 13 weeks more till both of you pop. Time really flies. Feel the only wait that feels long is the first tri, after that it really sped past. Now I just enjoy the daily kungfu that baby does. Thats the only thing that I will think about the moment I wake up & before I zzz. Hahaha..

About infantcare, I am apprehensive but I think its still better than hiring a domestic helper. Even though I was brought up by a domestic helper, the standard really drop in recent years plus the many police reports & complaints from friends.

Hope to breastfeed & be a stay at home mum baby till 6mths, build up immune system then send to infantcare. No elders to help around the house so no choice. Cannot afford to supplement my inlaws or parents lost income if they quit their jobs also. :x

Hopefully can do some homebased job or biz during that time. Really hope to be a stay at home mum till kid is at least 2 years old. $$$

littlej, yes I will take mc tomorrow and head straight to Glen E. Dont care got pre-appointment or not. Dr Chan did say come during CD1/2 mah. The last time I think (IIRC) I called on a monday morning too (my first ever call to him) and he said just come in straight away. Maybe monday morning is less packed. I will just call the clinic while making my way there.

Oh, so besides checking my AF flow, what else should I expect huh? Did you say he give you a tummy massage? Which CD was that?

I guess will be good to extend the personal care as much as possible before sending to the infant care. Dont worry, am sure things will work out by that time!

littlej, yea I underatand where youre coming from but she handled my first pregnancy so I thought just go back to her . second one is just nearby my house but he doesnt deliver at glene! since ill be on mc tomorrow I may just loiter around there too?

dragontail see you at glene tomorrow? lol.

I took 4mth straight last year, wasnt enough! although a bit sian from lazing at home cus baby was just wake up drink milk bathe play sleep and repeat. and in the middle of free time its pumping pumping pumping! breastfed til 5mth cus seriously quite tiring to pump in office and bringing the pumps and bottles here and there. guess I gave up and milk was diminishing as well. Hope yall can last longer! Heh.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Dragontail: as much as I hope your af is not Herr, But dont't worry, need to give your man at least 3mths since he just started his super pills. Hehehe jiayou again Next cycle!

I watched the clip on the abuse! Horrified!! I was planning to have my kid at tpy cos my inlaws are there!! I think need to interview them when time comes before sending my kid there. Hubby was cursing while watching the clip with me

Ha! See you tomorrow wantonmee!!!

The day care for my future baby will be at my aunt-in-law's. Depends on when I pop and when my new place will come.... if it's soon, then will be very convenient since it's just two floors up. I think my mother in law will love to be a full timer to take care of her grandkid. But I dont see how we can afford her! She has a good pay job and we also cant afford her house mortgage.

I saw my bff's fridge is filled with her frozen breast milk! (Even xiaxue had to buy a seperate freezer to store them, I heard). She said she will not let her baby latch on her anymore because it hurts. Ouch.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hahahah!! Tvh baby so small and placed so near - boobs will appear like mountains to him... Just whether it is mt Kinabalu or mt Everest. I now b - happy like a lark cuz can try no padding bra!! Hahaha. Think the c is a smaller sized bra...

Did you all see the childcare abuse that happened at my first skool toa payoh? Teacher is named siti hadjiah. She got caught on CCTV, poor kid had a fractured shin. Parents were so traumatized. Go search for "bogus love" user on Facebook. The dad posted the CCTV videos - super heart wrenching.

Now I wish I can quit and be a stay at home mum.
    I cant find the clip n user. O.o they took down?

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: your positive n.optimistic thoughts will give you a sticky beanie real soon ya! Hugs hugs..

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    http://therealsingapore.com/content/video-child-abuse-toa-payoh-childcare-centre

Littlehamster, yeah lets do it together again

Gnissim I didnt search under facebook. Just google little skool abuse or similar.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I saw my bff's fridge is filled with her frozen breast milk! (Even xiaxue had to buy a seperate freezer to store them, I heard). She said she will not let her baby latch on her anymore because it hurts. Ouch.
    my mother give up breast feeding due to the pain too. i hope i wont give up in the same way by pump or by latching if my turn comes.

Imperial Concubine

Littleham: thanks.

Dragontail: ya I saw on stomp afterwards too. But the vedio cun be played. Anyway sigh wonder why sg also like that. Always thought that its safe. N now making me to think twice about sending my baby to infant care. Remind me of my grandpa who was at this nursing home that was found out they abuse the elderly too during the period of my grandpa stay. Sadly when he talk about pple locking him in room that time my uncle dont believe. Hai.

Wanton mee wanton mee - hahah you are supposed to be on bed rest? =) and didnt your first gynae say test a week later?!? anyway let us know what your final decision is!

Dragontail - oh maybe blood is from poo not af? Erm.. Since you mentioned a bit difficult?!? Dr chew (not chan !) gave me the massage on 11cd and also checked my eggs and gave me dates to bd. plus the super med for the old man. I did hsg on 9cd. Saw dr chew on 11 cd. Bd on 13, 15, 17 and 19 cd. Smiley on 15 cd.

Agree trying to concieve is not cheap! Hahah. I dont know how much I spent already. Close both eyes.

Kinda scary how I am left with 13 weeks... I feel so ill prepared.

Gnissim, sometimes I wonder what has singapore becomes. Teacher abuses kid, care taker abuses old folk, person who is educated and seems all norm to his/her colleagues abuses maid, neighbor abuses cat, etc. I cannot take it reading all these crazy things happening around!!

Wahah omg I dont't even remember my own gynae's last name. *lousy*.

Female Attendant

Hi all..i'm new to this forum =) I've just passed by first cycle of trying to concieve...my period is 1 day late... But so far..i dont't feel anything different other than fatigue which I usually get before my period. I didn't get any spotting watsoever..now i'm just waiting to see if AF arrives....Just wondering what sort of symptoms will there be if i've managed to conceive? and do all women get the symptoms?

Dragontail - I agree with you. I dont't know what the world (or singapore) is turning into. Is this the case when society gets more progressive and become more affluent? Grace, kindness and virtue are sacrificed in the name of materialism and wealth?

I feel kinda sad... Just like, I miss those good ol days growing up when all is open door policy, neighbours are ultra friendly... you can depend on aunty next door to help you babysit your kid (my babysitter when i was growing up was my next door neighbor!) and in my baby photos, there was this Jie Jie always in the photo - my mum said it is the neighbor child whom she helped to look after when the mum needs to go marketing etc. all for $0.

Now - thankfully my neighbors are nice and friendly but still closed door. But my precious place - closed door policy... Never even say hello type.

Hi amaryllis (your nick sounds like some spa) - welcome!

Honestly - I felt no symptoms. I thought af was coming until I tested =)

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:805592
    Wanton mee wanton mee - hahah you are supposed to be on bed rest? =) and didnt your first gynae say test a week later?!? anyway let us know what your final decision is!

Dragontail - oh maybe blood is from poo not af? Erm.. Since you mentioned a bit difficult?!? Dr chew (not chan !) gave me the massage on 11cd and also checked my eggs and gave me dates to bd. plus the super med for the old man. I did hsg on 9cd. Saw dr chew on 11 cd. Bd on 13, 15, 17 and 19 cd. Smiley on 15 cd.

Agree trying to concieve is not cheap! Hahah. I dont know how much I spent already. Close both eyes.

Kinda scary how I am left with 13 weeks... I feel so ill prepared.
    Littlej. .dont't worry so much...things would work out on its own eventually. ..always remember that the baby can pick your anxiety

littlej, when I was little, I was also babysitted by my neighbors. In fact I was "passed around" to my indian and malays neighbors. Haa! When I was returned to my home at the end of the day, I always ended with thick eyeliner on my eyes because my indian neighbors liked me so much that they treated me like their own daughter (usually indians like to doll up their children with black eyeliner ya. And I had very curly hair too!) . Hehe so funny when my parents told me that. And my folks never minded that I was being drawn like that. But imagine now your child's nanny does thick eye-liner on your boy! LOL. How times have changed everything.

when i was little, i was under the care of my grandma. well, there were times when my grandma's hands were full and she did not have high education, (in which i guess she cant be blamed) so i was abused then and there.

my cousin is working for childcare. nowadays childcare centres are starting to have cctvs. her childcare has it.
    Last edited by quincy1986; 07-07-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hi amaryllis (your nick sounds like some spa) - welcome!

Honestly - I felt no symptoms. I thought af was coming until I tested =)
    Lol..now that you say so, ya i realised it does sound like some spa..heh
    icic...well i guess i just have to wait and see then..i would be really lucky if i managed to conceive in our first cycle. The waiting game is so torturous!