Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; i dont mean to scare anyone with my story. er...sometimes just fate? forgot to say welcome Amaryliss!...

i dont mean to scare anyone with my story. er...sometimes just fate?

forgot to say welcome Amaryliss!

Hi Amaryliss! Babydust to you! It will be a great blessing to get bfp on your first try I had my usual af symptoms before my bfp so its best to test when you r late. Preggers & af symptoms are too similar. If 1 day late no bfp, test again a few days later. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:805620
    i dont mean to scare anyone with my story. er...sometimes just fate?

forgot to say welcome Amaryliss!
    Think our generation experienced some form of abuse due to the old ways where elders bring up their kids. Whack & whack. Tasted my fair share of canes, belts etc. Lucky never kena slapped in the face before.

Oh i only kenna once 人字拖 on my cheek by my dad, and my maternal grandma unique way of wake up call, as i sleep on mattress on the floor.... as she cant bend down, she just kick me in the butt a few times...... hehehehehehe

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

i always lamented my mother dont't know how to take care of kids because she simply grab anything to cane us hahaha
    in school we compare how our parents cane us =.="

Welcome Amary.

I got my fair share of beatings from my crazy father. Ya, luckily never on the face.

Even when I was already 20, I wasn't spared. Kinda sad thinking back. That's why I moved out from him when I was 21. It was a sudden freedom I got finally.

I will never let my child go through a cane ever!
    quincy1986 likes this.

sorry gossip a little.
    my sister In law is here. usually when she is here she hangs around at my place for 15min or less.
    but today my hubby having mahjong here and i think she got no mahjong kaki this very sunday
    so she stays around hoping for mahjong. =.=

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

hoho.. enjoying my banana~

Hello Amaryliss! good luck to you

quincy: the irritating one?

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    hoho.. enjoying my banana~

Hello Amaryliss! good luck to you

quincy: the irritating one?
    ya the take advantage one

try tapping her shoulders or peek at her cards make her lose haha
    quincy1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:805634
    Welcome Amary.

I got my fair share of beatings from my crazy father. Ya, luckily never on the face.

Even when I was already 20, I wasn't spared. Kinda sad thinking back. That's why I moved out from him when I was 21. It was a sudden freedom I got finally.

I will never let my child go through a cane ever!
    Oh my gosh...even at 20!? Good thing that you got out of there. sigh...wonder why some parents go overboard. Not easy to get a child and yet..... >_< taking spare the rod & spoil the child too far.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Dragontail: you left house and felt freedom, wow that's very brave of you. I once tried to leave and I felt homesick. then I go back home again.

I still believe in disciplining with domestic corporal punishment but to me everything must be in moderation. and must be under my own hands.

sorry for spamming with posts
    wanted to date hubby but he got last min mj.
    so just now he gave me permission to use his card. honestly i still heartache to use it.

Yoo hoo!

Dragontail - ouch. Thank goodness you found the means to move out. what doesnt break you makes you stronger - i always believed in that. i have never been caned - my parents nor my grandmama never believed in it. But yes, got spanked, knelt in front of goddess of mercy for 4 hours a couple of times, and oh got stool thrown at me once during my teens. Oops.

Quincy - go shopping ?

Btw - I went giordano ladies today - everything 50% off and can find many leng leng clothes which are nice and of good quality and can wear during pregnancy and post maternity. I bought a few button tops so can breast feed next time too! To all here - you can consider!!! And imagine I at 27 weeks can fit - if you buy now sure can fit now and for next time!!! Go to the branch at paragon - the staff was extremely helpful - helping me choose stuff that she said was practical now and after. I chose some but she was very honest and told me those I chose - either cutting too small (so dont bother trying) or material a bit thick (so too hot) or won't have space to expand =)
    happilymarried likes this.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

thanks for sharing. I saw the clips on the child care centre abuse. Saw 2 videos. The teacher was horrible. No matter what the child has done, the way to discipline is definitely not lifting the child up & slamming the child against the floor! So heart wrenching to even watch it. I hope that teacher gets jail sentence for abuse!

I was also really close to my next door neighbour back when growing up. Our 2 families will watch out for each other kind. Even watch out for each others' cars! Super close. my mother in law told me in the past her car's bumper got scratched by a merc (not living in the HDB estate) & a neighbour saw. Copied down the car number plate & gave it to my mother in law!! A police report was made & the repairs cost for new bumper cost almost $250-300! I really miss the old days. Now, everyone has close door policy, a quick smile in the lifts, but we all dont know each other.

dragontail - though i hope it isnt AF, but if it is, i wish you better & healthier eggies this cycle! Hubby's power pills also needs a lil bit of time to work some magic!

littlej & TVH - woohoo!!! 10,13, weeks more!! we will countdown together with you! please come back & share every detail of childbirth? heehee! meantime, must monitor baby's kicks everyday.

quincy - hehe howz the mj game going? do you play mj? by the way, sometimes, "my money is my money, his money also my money" get it? :P

wontonmee - no loitering in glene tomorrow ... you supposed to be loitering in dreamland in bed at home! Actually all pregnancies will be somewhat different. you do not exactly have to stick to the same doc if that doc's attitude is problematic. Maybe you can try out a 2nd doc/better doc & see how it goes from there? I hope its a sticky healthy beanie for you this round!

little hamster - enjoy all your bananas now! i wish you can keep away all pads & stay away from bananas next cycle onwards!

littlej - thanks for the info on the discount!! I will be at paragon tomorrow for my appt! I was wondering where to go shopping in orchard hehe. I can no longer walk around aimlessly... I need to plan which shops to head to before I look for somewhere to sit down. burnt my whole weekend sleeping n sleeping. The prog meds are the worst!! It zaps away all your energy. Yesterday marks the first day I had 7 tiny meals. I got so hungry and ate so much almost round the clock, I think I probably ate enough for the entire week. Its scary! & today, I feel so turned off when I see food. These fluctuations are so weird.

hi amaryliss!! haha, its true your nick sounds likes a super atas spa! welcome & if you do strike on first try, you will be extremely lucky!

happilymarried, your MS is starting to show! Indeed those prog pills are such a pain, arent they? Better have some sng-moi in your bag in case you get a little queasy through the day of shopping.

Thanks! I never had gynae check my egg before. So this is something interesting to look forward to. Update: still no show of AF/spotting after the strained poo-ing . I keep checking my pad every hour! Maybe I still wont get my AF tomorrow. Then might have to see gynae on Tue instead.

littlej, wah a chair? Hee... we all were teens once. I think parents now have to deal with that much earlier. Maybe 12-13 for our next generation? I only started to make my father angry when I was 17

littlej: i just asked permission for dinner so i just went to sakae sushi to satisfy my cravings. i just had to T.T

happilymarried: haha...actually a lot of times i am very strict with him. i believe in the saying if men got extra cash, they will anyhow. even he also nod his head =.=" only sometimes like before payday i spare a thought for him a little.
    Last edited by quincy1986; 07-07-2013 at 07:58 PM.

forgot to answer. I have just started to learn mahjong only in bits or pieces. and my hubby they all like to play mj with "bao" here and there, i dont't like because i am very hot tempered.

when i squat down, feels a little crampy and tugging feeling in my womb. is that how being pregnant feels like?

Dragontail dont jinx it! Ssshhhh!!! Af will not come! im guessing you havent poas yet? Heh. Mc next three days

Worthy Lady

I officially on my 2WW. 9days to AF, 10 days to BFP (Hopefully)...

Pretz: wow yours is fast. i still have 12 days to hope i dont see af

Ooooo. Maybe Dragontail one is blessing in disguise Hehe

Good luck pretz and Quincy