Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Quincy, if your LP is >14days, 12dpo (tomorrow) is still too early to test. High chance of seeing at least ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quincy, if your LP is >14days, 12dpo (tomorrow) is still too early to test. High chance of seeing at least a false negative. Calculating the probability, no fun :P

What's your typical LP days?

Dragontail: haha let me do my math here

estimated o date 1st july.
    af due date 19 july
    so about LP about 16-18 days

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quincy: your LP quite long. Read somewhere too long no good

too long? share with me what is ideal LP suppose to be like?

if i ovulate later then it will make my LP about 14 days. is that how it should be?

Hello!!!

Awww... I wish my instincts are wrong this time. I keep thinking something will turn out wrong for lil' muffin. Like dear son / autistic / huge birthmark... Sigh. I am praying for the best but gotta be prepared for the worst.

Happilymarried - this may sound ironic - but think happy thoughts. Cuz you are still in first trime where baby's cells are still multiplying and growing. So gotta think positive.

As for natural iui - yes I heard of it. But only done at private gynaes I believe. Basically bring the sperms to the clinic within an hour... Doc will drop some solution into it... Then you lie down on the bed... Doc uses a catheter to insert the sperms into you, you lie down for 30min. cost is a fraction lesser than formal IUI ($500+). I dont think the sperms are "washed" to the extent as a formal IUI but with this natural IUI- how it helps is that the sperms dont't need to swim so far (since doc uses catheter to place them as close to the cervix)... And also one doesn't need to be married to go through this procedure (since it is done at a private clinic. For formal iui and ivf to be done in sg - one needs to be married) . And it is also cheaper.

i know of someone who did this cuz she didnt believe in the constitution of marriage and she and bf were together like forever. And they wanted a child but couldn't conceive naturally and she couldnt do ivf or iui under sg laws (one needs to be married to do iui or ivf - in my personal opinion, this is a darn silly yet another discriminate against single women law)... So she went for this.

littlej: now the regulation for single parents have loosen up a little (i hope).

i did my research again. my typical menstrual cycle in picture. and a book i found online:

"It usually lasts between 12-16 days but anything above 10 days is considered good because you need to have atleast that much time for implantation to occur."
    Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler, mph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	108083  

littlej: just pray to you know who for a normal baby

Little hamster - I agree with the rest. Be careful of where you go for acupuncture or anything medicinal. ESP acupuncture cuz it has to do with needles - one wrong needle or one tainted needle - that can ruin your entire life. I personally dont't believe in utilizing groupon for such invasive procedures cuz if a clinic / place is good - they dont't need to utilize groupon to market their services.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - why r you thinking like that? little muffin did well for oscar test n also detailed scan. also now lil muffin upgrade to actively kicking. you should be a happy mummy now.. not one who is worried sbt dear son or stuff... right?

I know I need happy vibes. but you see... how do you feel happiness n guilt/disappointment all at the same time in the same mind in the same body? its like a wedding (celebration of new life) & a funeral at the same time. at times, it really tears me apart. baby a is really great.. looks like having quite a long body.. just like my tall hubby.. heh.. clinic emailed upon request - didnt know doc saves my scan pics in her machine!

you can think of quincy and boobies

And also hope for cup E! Lol

Happilymarried, awwww...safekeep the pic. Next time show your child "you were once like that!".

Littlej, I surely learnt something new today on the natural iui. Aiya, you already passed oscar with great result. I think it's natural for mtbs to worry a little here a little there. Now, you only need to "worry" about your muffin's name and nursery decor!

Littlej: Hang in there! Its hard not to worry but focus your worries on your nursery decor, nappy changing, breastfeeding etc etc. So many things for us to think about, lil muffin will guai guai & is a healthy happy baby.

Littlej: happy thoughts! dont't worry so much and stress yourself and lil muffin

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

lol quincy & lil hammie... from A to E i need alien genes.. haha. thanks babes. =) for now, i hope some saucy wet dreams come back.. just now, i just slapped hubby's naked ass!! heehee. so cheap thrill..

dragontail - yup! i will safe keep everything. in fact, i am thinking of getting the nurse to email me ALL the pics since its clearer than the lil square printouts which will fade with time. was surprised when the nurse warned me to take pictures of them since they will surely fade.

wantonmee how is your hcg lvl?

happilymarried: naughty you but i always do that too
    Last edited by quincy1986; 13-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Worthy Lady

4D to AF and 5D to BFP (Hopefully)

No symptoms yet.

Seeing gynae tomorrow for blood test snd hopefully can see something on scan..

morning !

littlej: you will have a dangerous son. he will be tall. he will have sharp nose. he will have super cute defects call dimples, like those of JJLin. He will be born with those dreamy eyes of Elvis Presley. i need to lock my girl up if i have one.

Keeping fingers crossed, wantonmee. Update ya.

At changi village for breakie first and praying it won't rain! A ubin cycling day today.

wah dragontail up so early! heh seriously ive never been to ubin but have heard stories or orople falling down whilst cycling on the threacherous roads! you be careful k, although it isnt your first time right?

jusy woke up 15min ago and now otw to gynae! didnt set alarm and literaly jumped out of bed!

Good morning! Thank you everyone for your little notes of inspiration *hugs*. I just read a good one this morning too "promise yourself - to look at the sunny side of everything - and make your optimism come true". May all of us live with this motto =) lil muffin just did some kungfu kicks when I woke up... It's marvelous how things come together to counter your worries - you folks, the quote, and kicks! *huggie hugs*

Btw - any mummies need to know where to find cots or children's wardrobe - I can help provide some tips. I did so much online research last night - I am prob cross-eyed liaoz!

Happilymarried - yay, you got baby a's pix! I am planning to save all the pix in those photo album with the sticker (you know the sia sia have to tear then paste back type?!?)... All my precious photos are kept in such albums... Even my baby photos cuz my mum did albums and albums of me - and everything still looks good!!! 35 years already and photos not faded =p

Ya my doc provides soft copies of every scan plus hard copies. Hahaha that's why I switched docs =p so superficial right!!!

Dragontail - oooo hope you found the natural iui info useful. I dont't know if dr chew does that - i mean, he is such a staunch catholic hence he would most likely he super pro natural than advocating artificial means (my thoughts btw)... But I also think that is very good. Should try natural first (bong bong all the way) then walk down the artificial route. That's why I preferred chew to chan as a trying to concieve doc cuz chan kept asking me to do iui (even after one failed attempt).

Hee I love long weekend! Which means I try to wake up early on weekend so it will seem longer

Yeah not first cycling trip at ubin. I will be careful surely!

Good morning all ladies!

Wanton mee - no jumping. Be more yiu xiu, wall slowly... Imagine you are the imperial queen... =) good luck!!

Dragontail - hope you have the sunblock prepared!!! So fun!!! I only went to Ubin once but oh I love the rustic feel and that it is so not Singapore city!