Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; oh catholics = no birth control method...

oh catholics = no birth control method

Littlej: Good Morning to you! See see Lil miffin knows how to cheer mummy up Today will be a good day! I would love more info on cot beds. Please do share. Thanks lots!

Dragontail: Enjoy your rustic cycling adventure. My gosh I do miss cycling.

Wantonmee: Keep positive k! Keep us updated on your appt. And yes gentle steps, lady steps...slow down. Hee

Worthy Lady

Good morning everyone too!!!! Oh I love weekends!

Littlej, little muffin will be fine! And wantonmee, good luck on your appointment.

Dragontail, enjoy Ubin! It's been ages since I've been there!

Morning!!

Dragon - enjoy yoyr cycling trip and will pray for no rain

Wantonmee - updates, n be careful while walking

Littlej - info on baby cot please, thought of going baby baby fair tomorrow to see see look look

Baby cots:
    1/shears is pretty good and affordable. Practical looking. It apparently comes un-lacquered so it is More safe even though lacquer is baby safe . that said, un-lacquered means potentially more scratches. http://www.palmax.biz/catalog/index.php?cPath=27
    - they are at the expo baby fair too.
    - heard they were sold at tangs / robinsons. But maybe a few years ago cuz I dont't recall tangs got baby dept?!?

2/ micuna is just so cute ! But ex. Do a search on "micuna" - there are other online retailers carrying the same brand but pricing is similar. I love this but dont't love the price =(
    http://www.fortytwo.sg/kids/furniture-bedding/cribs/malabeares-cot-120x60cm.html#product_info

3/ casa kiddi also has cots and very cute children furniture. Do a search - shop located at tampines.

4/ baby kingdom and kiddy palace also has cots but I find it so so. Maybe cuz they put many things inside the cot so kinda messy. Price around $300+ / $400+.
    - kiddy palace at Toa payoh is big!!

5/ apparently bonbebe rocio is also good. Usually available at taka fair. Heard there is a taka baby fair coming up end July.

6/ very pretty cots at mother care and shops at paragon. But ex ex ex! More than $1000!

7/ ikea also has cots and some swear by its quality whereas some say no good. For me - I dont't particularly like ikea products (small products ok but not the furniture so I am giving ikea a miss).

Depends on size too. For me - I want a cot that can push in and out easily of the room. And my room also not big so I need a smaller cot.

Some mummies also dont't use cot but use a playpen with bassinet. But playpen not too good for mums with c sect cuz gotta keep bending up and down.

Best to get a cot which is convertible like can change to many levels and transform to sofa or junior bed. Then again... Also dont't know how long it will last. For most of my friends they only used the cot till about 7 months... Then kiddo slept in playpen after that cuz they felt safer.

I am deciding between shears and micuna cuz i am looking for a white cot. Hahaha most likely might go with shears for pricing.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Wah. Chim.. lol.

Today is girl time for me. BW, trim eyebrows n some shopping Hehe

Little hamster - shop where!!! =)

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:807392
    Baby cots:
    1/shears is pretty good and affordable. Practical looking. It apparently comes un-lacquered so it is More safe even though lacquer is baby safe . that said, un-lacquered means potentially more scratches. http://www.palmax.biz/catalog/index.php?cPath=27
    - they are at the expo baby fair too.
    - heard they were sold at tangs / robinsons. But maybe a few years ago cuz I dont't recall tangs got baby dept?!?

2/ micuna is just so cute ! But ex. Do a search on "micuna" - there are other online retailers carrying the same brand but pricing is similar. I love this but dont't love the price =(
    http://www.fortytwo.sg/kids/furniture-bedding/cribs/malabeares-cot-120x60cm.html#product_info

3/ casa kiddi also has cots and very cute children furniture. Do a search - shop located at tampines.

4/ baby kingdom and kiddy palace also has cots but I find it so so. Maybe cuz they put many things inside the cot so kinda messy. Price around $300+ / $400+.
    - kiddy palace at Toa payoh is big!!

5/ apparently bonbebe rocio is also good. Usually available at taka fair. Heard there is a taka baby fair coming up end July.

6/ very pretty cots at mother care and shops at paragon. But ex ex ex! More than $1000!

7/ ikea also has cots and some swear by its quality whereas some say no good. For me - I dont't particularly like ikea products (small products ok but not the furniture so I am giving ikea a miss).

Depends on size too. For me - I want a cot that can push in and out easily of the room. And my room also not big so I need a smaller cot.

Some mummies also dont't use cot but use a playpen with bassinet. But playpen not too good for mums with c sect cuz gotta keep bending up and down.

Best to get a cot which is convertible like can change to many levels and transform to sofa or junior bed. Then again... Also dont't know how long it will last. For most of my friends they only used the cot till about 7 months... Then kiddo slept in playpen after that cuz they felt safer.

I am deciding between shears and micuna cuz i am looking for a white cot. Hahaha most likely might go with shears for pricing.
    Think isetan having baby sale

dragontail, shez, rav, littlej, missy10: thank you all for the good luck! all is good! managed to see yolk sac and fetal pole. too small to hear any heartbeat so will be going back in two weeks time to hear!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - thanks for all that info!! I hope it will come in handy for me real soon.. *slowly switch myself to optimistic mode*

quincy - LOL!! you r hilarious! I love the dimples part!! my man has got cheeky dimples n he's constantly showing them off to me...

oh littlej, if lil muffin is too handsome.. you get ready to start 'interviewing' daughter in laws in about 10-14 years time!! maybe you will be the first grandma in this thread! oh wow! heehee...

littlehammie - enjoy your girly day all to yourself!!

dragontail - stay safe in ubin.. I have never been there n hmm.. have always wanted to learn how to ride 2 wheels... but still havent gotten down to doing it..

wontonmee - how how? scan all good? you dont jump out of bed amymore. n I hope you didnt hop into bed last night too..

littlehamster: so envy. i also want go shopping but hubby ban me because he say too many things already. later want to shift house will be tough.

happilymarried: my hubby has cheeky dimples too. just nice they appear when he is naughty boy. only now less visible because he has grown rounder after he passed 30.

Wantonmee: Thats great news! ^_^ take it easy and relax.

Littlej: Wow! Thanks for the info. I could never do such detailed research on my own. looks like our weekends will be bz bz bz.

Wah...my hubby also got cheeky dimples plus tiger teeth. Can give me cheeky & innocent look at the same time. Can act cute unlike me. Hahahaha

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I window shop only . No money. Hubby also no give me $ to spend. Lol

Wantonmee! !! Such a good news. Yay yay yay.

Ubin is having perrrrfect weather now. Loving the cycling.

Wanton mee - congrats!! No smokes and no alcohol now! And no hopping in and out of bed (you ain't a bunny!)!

Happilymarried - a glass half full is always better than a glass half empty whilst both mean the same thing. We all need to adjust our perception . Happy thoughts ok. Appointment on mon right? Now just lie down and think happy thoughts.

Dragontail - no typing whilst cycling! Stay safe!

Rav - this is called 临时抱佛脚 (are the characters correct?)... 12 more weeks (if not Pre mature) and the nursery room is still a messy study room. I was reading the oct mummies forum and most have everything all ready!

I only wish for lil muffin to be healthy, happy, of good character, intelligent, tall and good looking (in order of priority). And above all, love god (sorry my religion). hopefully he won't pick up the vices and bad habits of my old man and mine!!! I told my old man he has to quit smoking in front of lil muffin when he gets out to say hello to the world. Old man can smoke downstairs, no more smoking in the balcony! And ahhaha old man said I have to quit drinking in front of lil' muffin! No wine glasses in front of him. Duh. Actually in a way we are quite thankful we aren't having a girl. Hahaha cuz my old man is scared that what he has done to girls before will come back and haunt him through his daughter... =p

Worthy Lady
    Hi ladies... I have think of my baby name... Will be called Nicolette .. How does it sound? Now she is practing konfu.. With all four...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:807420
    Wanton mee - congrats!! No smokes and no alcohol now! And no hopping in and out of bed (you ain't a bunny!)!

Happilymarried - a glass half full is always better than a glass half empty whilst both mean the same thing. We all need to adjust our perception . Happy thoughts ok. Appointment on mon right? Now just lie down and think happy thoughts.

Dragontail - no typing whilst cycling! Stay safe!

Rav - this is called 临时抱佛脚 (are the characters correct?)... 12 more weeks (if not Pre mature) and the nursery room is still a messy study room. I was reading the oct mummies forum and most have everything all ready!

I only wish for lil muffin to be healthy, happy, of good character, intelligent, tall and good looking (in order of priority). And above all, love god (sorry my religion). hopefully he won't pick up the vices and bad habits of my old man and mine!!! I told my old man he has to quit smoking in front of lil muffin when he gets out to say hello to the world. Old man can smoke downstairs, no more smoking in the balcony! And ahhaha old man said I have to quit drinking in front of lil' muffin! No wine glasses in front of him. Duh. Actually in a way we are quite thankful we aren't having a girl. Hahaha cuz my old man is scared that what he has done to girls before will come back and haunt him through his daughter... =p
    Littlej: nursery? I did not prepare also..except having a baby cot in my bedroom..most probably getting those toyogo plastic box to put the clothesand etc.use existing table to put wet tissue and stuff. ..that would be my nursery. .hahha..

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Wantonmee: congrats! Good to hear everything is good. Quite your ciger ya! Hopefully you have quitted earlier on.

Worthy Lady
    Wantonmee. .congrats!

yes yes yes quitted since I tested positive and with all you laadies' encouragement and constant nagging hehe!

Worthy Lady

Good job wantonmee! And all d best for your little one!

Rav, Nicolette sounds adorable! And for short it's Nicky or lette!

Imperial Concubine

Wantonmee: yeah! Good good! dont pick smoking back again.

Okayy hubby promised (before tested positive) that he'll quit too if we have second child. and im so glad hes keeping his word this time. I know he still takes a few sticks whilst he's working at night but at least now he doeent buy his own pack but just take from colleagues. yay to a smoke free environment and future!

Congrats wantonmee! Have a smooth pregnancy ahead!

Littlehamster time for us to work hard for this cycle! This cycle I'm testing out the ovulation kit for the first time though I'm not having high hopes. Add oil!

Female Attendant

hi all,

im new to this forum.. tcc-ing since Jan.. but still no news..
    earlier this month went to see gynae due to some mild pain,
    such a coincidence that the gynae realised that im ovulating on that day and advised me to try that night..

hope to have good news soon! =P