Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; i dont know how to tell my mom i think i might have a chance this month. later she call ...

i dont know how to tell my mom i think i might have a chance this month. later she call me everyday to ask me how i am =.="

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	108164Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	108165

Prices at taka today.

Cot - bonbebe Vermont.

Personal opinion : bonbebe seems to he of better quality than shears

what about this 1? seem to be a popular choice. i guess it comes in a few colours. but only thing i am afraid is that the wheels are non lockable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	4 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	108168  

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Today's dumex seminar quite good. They have live demo for baby massage to make them relax n can fall aslp easier. Those babies so cute .. and the goodybags are full of things super heavy. Got free Clarins scratch marks cream too

Quincy / me prefer not to get oval shaped cribs cuz
    1/ cannot flush against the wall (waste space)
    2/ difficult to find mattress if need replacement (need to buy back from same brand)

The very branded ones are oval shaped like flexa, stokke, Simmons. All like $2000+!

Hahaha yes I know I super practical =p

Worthy Lady

Thanks Littlej!!!! I will tell hubs and we will see how! Ooooo somehow I'm excited - like even if really AF comes, I know there's something we can look forward to!

omg!!! nowadays baby items are so expensive @.@ yyyyy???

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:808033
    what about this 1? seem to be a popular choice. i guess it comes in a few colours. but only thing i am afraid is that the wheels are non lockable.
    Its really expensive for this oval one, price is like buying a sealy queens size mattress

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:808041
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:808033
    Its really expensive for this oval one, price is like buying a sealy queens size mattress
    For cot, dont need to go for brands, go for practical choice, who knows you wanna baby sleep on your bed in-between you, the bed will be white elephant

yep agreed. I got a rectangle normal one from baby kingdom. basically has different levels so can always adjust according to baby's growth. mines at the lowest now and will be changing the 'slide down rail' to a bed rail in the next few months now baby falls asleep on my bed, then ill move him to his cot. he wakes up at 5ish for milk and ill just place him beside me cus he'll fall back to sleep after drinking. by the time ill be sleeping again so just leave him sleep beside me for the next 2 hours before I wake up for work.

really depends on how you'd want to bring baby up too. some parents want their kids to sleep on the same bed (though its a bad and quite unhealthy habit).

Looks like today's topic has advanced to baby bed/sleeping! Keep it up

Orchard has soooo many of our good friends from Philippines. So many so many. Flooded. Even Tang toilets filled with long queue by them. Some hang around inside and do their makeups. Some hang around first level where the main entrance is and snapping group pics away. Suddenly Tang becomes either a "tourist" site or a Philippines embassy.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:808044
    yep agreed. I got a rectangle normal one from baby kingdom. basically has different levels so can always adjust according to baby's growth. mines at the lowest now and will be changing the 'slide down rail' to a bed rail in the next few months now baby falls asleep on my bed, then ill move him to his cot. he wakes up at 5ish for milk and ill just place him beside me cus he'll fall back to sleep after drinking. by the time ill be sleeping again so just leave him sleep beside me for the next 2 hours before I wake up for work.

really depends on how you'd want to bring baby up too. some parents want their kids to sleep on the same bed (though its a bad and quite unhealthy habit).
    My daughter slept with me since she was 1 month old...if she dont sleep with me..she dont sleep at all....so kinda used to it..now she is 7 yrs and still sleep with me..

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - thanks for the info!! I better go bookmark it somewhere so wont have to bug you again later on.... have you gone on to look at strollers n car seats?

quincy - the round bed is very pretty... but for the super rich people.. heh.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - heh.. lucky plaza got no more space to accommodate them on sundays.... by the way did you visit the beauty services level at tangs? think 5th or 6th floor or something.. my nail therapist works at tangs freelance.. but she does house call for me

shez - egg monitoring is actually quite exciting.. you watch your egg mature to the right size.. count lining thickness too.. you know your body working hard so must take good care of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:808047
    Looks like today's topic has advanced to baby bed/sleeping! Keep it up

Orchard has soooo many of our good friends from Philippines. So many so many. Flooded. Even Tang toilets filled with long queue by them. Some hang around inside and do their makeups. Some hang around first level where the main entrance is and snapping group pics away. Suddenly Tang becomes either a "tourist" site or a Philippines embassy.
    We always avoid there on Sundays. Come to think of it, we always avoid go town Cos many many other good friends too. Sundays and public holidays too.

Shez - that's exactly how I felt everytime af comes when I was trying to concieve-ing! What am I going to do / buy next month... Hahaha i even bought a jade peanut charm! Anyway update update if you need to visit either or both or other docs (read: if you need so still praying you get a bfp!).

Dragontail - I was in town too! Oh gosh - you should see the toilets at taka on b1. It is like a personal dressing room for the Filipinos. Chattering on the phone, putting makeup and some even changed (from a dowdy get up to sexy tube dress)!!! I am now even more wary than before in employing a helper... We originally wanted to - if my mum was going to help look after lil' muffin but now that lil' muffin may go to infant care or nanny - we decided we will ask our pt helper to come twice a week instead. Kinda like a blessing in disguise - imagine if I think my helper was 乖乖 and she is parading in orchard in a tube bandage dress. For me - I would prefer someone comes clean than hide behind my back to do something ... Hahaha! Reminds me of my very much younger days when my friends will come to my place and stay overnight and we go to zouk! My parents know where we are going but my friends' parents simply thought their daughters were having a stay over!

Happilymarried - my old man only wants McClaren strollers so ya that's it. And car seat - eh we were thinking of those that has the handle you can carry... Hahaha have not't got to that yet... Anyway by 24 July - baby a will be 12 weeks old and you should have done Oscar?? So you can go to taka fair and see what is available! Anyway feel free to ask me . Hahaha I am no expert - I am merely sharing all the research I did =)

Worthy Lady

Friends from Phil are often see having picnic session at garden by the bay and city plaza. If I am at Tangs on Sunday, I can get a little annoy with them blocking the way and etc..

Thanks all for the encouragement. Next month may be my month. Gambatte!!

Haha...littlej, that gang spreads to taka too??!! I know sunday is no good to go orchard, littlehammie. But I was just too bored.

Ok....need to vent out. I was home, with my dabao dinner. Gobbled it down, drank my mother in law 爱心soup, and I left home again. Now I'm at a prata eating place alone. Lim -ing teh alia.

My thoughts all jumbled as I write so pardon me. For past one year thereabout, I felt my hubby has been more busy with work and his studies. At home, we hardly spend time together. Either he is in study room, while I am in our bedroom, or he watches tv with his family, and again, I'm in the room. Even weekends, I might be out with my family or friends or alone or something. He hardly joins. (Yesterday's my family outing at ubin he wasnt there either. He has to study for his exam). At times, his side also has big family gathering and I also refuse to join (I have a problem with his granny. Long story).

I decided to go out on my own today because I know he has no time for me. And I didnt feel like being stuck in the room today.

When I was home just now, everyone was home, plus some of his cousins (kids). So quite a crowd. I decided to have my dinner in the kitchen. Whole time, he was in the hall watching tv, obviously enjoying himself. I was wishing he would come and spend time with me rather than me eating all alone. I was already alone half the day for him (I went out also because I feel it will be a less distraction if I'm not at home. So that he can study better because I'm not there to disturb him in a way).

Halfway through my dinner, I cried. I thought why cant he come and join me. In the house, my contained space is just the bedroom. I know my inlaws are wonderful people. But I long for more space. I used to stay in a whole house (moved few times) before moving in with my hubby. I had those houses all to myself. Now, this house, I have to get use to more people (I know...they are also now my family). I have been staying in this house for 2.5yrs and honestly I'm still not used to
    it. I moved out when I was 21. I had been living in bigger space since. I told hubby before I'm still not used to it. He replied "everyone is nice to you and you have been living here 2yrs plus you are still not used to it?". I just shrugged and said something like I was having my own space even much longer than 2yrs plus.

I dont know what got into me tonight . I feel I usually am capable of acheiving what I want in life that I can be contented with (be in material stuff, relationship, career, money, etc). But lately, I was faced with failed bfps, cant go travelling because of hubby's busy schedule/and our that-c, etc. Suddenly I feel contained and not so "capable" anymore.

What's wrong with me tonight?

dear dragontail, im sorry you have to feel that way. I can somehow relate but i guess i might be in a better situation now. anyway, is this you and your hubby's place and parent in law stay over; or uou moved in? if its the latter, not intending to get your own place without any parents?

i also moved in to hubby's place after we got married. like you, the bedroom was my only solace. never went out to the living room to sit together with the rest of the family or to kitchen unless necessary. we got the masterbed room, so there was toilet, there was tv and there was my laptop. and thats all I needed.

mother in law was home only on weekends cus she stayed at her daughter's place taking care of her granddaughter on weekday nights. whenever she's home, she just plops infront of the tv in the living room and lie there all day. whenever I come home greet her, she can just ignore me and continue watching. hubby's sister was also seldom home cus she worked shifts and I rarely see her. even when she was home, she's just stuck in her room on her laptop. hubby wasnt close to his mum at all anyway, and they seldom communicate umless necessary. so he also coops up in the room with me.

after the birth of my first child, mother in law continued watching her tv and never actually was a good ahma who would pacify her grandson or playes with him and such. luckily for me (as I shared previously), hubby realised she couldnt handle a newborn and we moved to my mum's place. he even commented he felt more at home here. we're currently waiting for our own home to be ready in 2 years time. long wait but at least something to look forward to. thankful I have my mum to hrlp manage baby now and that I still can have some freedom, but there are times when she is rather intrusive too. oh well!

now we only go back to his place on sunday and guess what.. its only for a mere hour, and we dont even talk! she rather head out to her sister's plqce and idle/chit chat there than to spend the whole sunday with her grandson. like wtf? was quite pissed off initially and cus we also had to send her from sengkang to bukitmerah, then back to my place in hougang, but then I got used to it after many quarrels and just accepted that hes doing his duty as a son. so you could say im totally not close to his family at all.
    Last edited by wantonmee; 14-07-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Dragontail: actually everyone wish to have a home of their own just as much as you do. you do not have to blame yourself for feeling that way. in a way, god created us to branch out and start our own family.

i just tried to iron my clothes with my tefal. whole house tripped. to think i love tefal so much

Worthy Lady

Dragontail - *BIG HUGS*

Sometimes, things overwhelm us to the extent that we feel like drowning. I guess tonight was the night for you.

I understand how you felt about the *big house became one room* feeling. My hubby was staying in a 2bedroom apartment in China for 3 years, and I was with him for 1. When we moved back to Singapore, we had to 'downsize' to one bedroom. And we almost divorced cause we felt like we were confined to 4 walls.

From the time that we have 'known' each other online through this wonderful thread, I feel that you are someone who is very optimistic. Maybe a good cry is all that you need in order to bounce back, maybe a hug from your hubby will be the thing that makes you smile again.

We ladies give up a lot just for trying to concieve. The numerous needles during traditional chinese medicine acupuncture, the pills/medicine/supplements we pop, the inability to travel for work/leisure, the cutting down of caffaine/cold drinks/alcohol etc, no sashimi etc! And it's inevitable that we will have down days where we feel "UNFAIR! Why do I give up so much while hubby only needs to pump in/out, eat healthy etc!" All we need to remember is, we are the ones that God has chosen to experience pregnancy, the wonder of having someone growing in us, to be the one who provides nutrients and warmth to the fetus, and eventually, the one who goes through the pain of childbirth and feeds the baby from our breasts. And sometimes, that might make it all worth it.

Dragontail, have the cry you need, but remember, we are here for you. To some extent, in the same boat. So do know that everytime we say "Jiayou", we really mean it from the bottom of our heart.... Cause we know how much it means to us when you encourage us in our times of downtime too.

on a happier note, hubby and I are embarking on having healthier breakfasts! we have been eating opposite my place coffeeshop having prawn noodles laksa wantonmee prata etc.

ytd went to nex ntuc to buy stuff for sandwiches and cornflakes! I made us ham sandwich today, smacked with butter ham tomato cucumber and toastes bread! yummy. and we prepared egg mayo earlier, chilling now in the fridge to spread on bread for tomorrow breakfast!

Dragontail - hugs hugs.... the hard time soon to be over, as you mentioned that your hubby will end everything in Sept, so you will get everything good in the coming months!!!!

btw i was at this coin laundry service washing my bedsheet, first time trying, so mountain tortise.... hehehehehe

Dragontail it's good not to contain everything to yourself. Do let your hubby know how you feel so you dont't have to bear everything alone. I always feel its not easy to stay with in-laws as there might be differences in living habits etc. It is also definitely not easy for you to get used to be confined to a room when you used to have the whole house to yourself. I believe that it is healthier for yourself, hubby and your in laws that you two have your own nest. Personally, my in laws are quite easy going (ok maybe mother in law is a little naggy but that's how all women at that age are) but I chose to stay over at my in laws only on weekends after our customary while waiting for our nest to be ready. I just want to reduce the friction we may have if we were to stay together. Do have a good talk with your hubby and see if you two can find a way to resolve the difference and the knot in you..

Wantonmee can teach me how to prepare egg mayo?

Dragontail: hug hug. Coming to O so getting emo? Think on bright side, soon you 2 gonna move out then that's when your hub turn to emo lol. dont't think too much. I also made a big decision to moving from Jurong to punggol. Super miss my mum Sis n little dog.

Egg mayo! Yummy! Long time no make , Maybe I go shop for the ingredients tomorrow. Hehe.

My tefal still gliding very nicely. I like the non stick smooth glide on the bottom of the iron. And I bought the pink color one lol