Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Good day. Yay I feel fresh today. Thanks all! Missy10’s baby!!!! Aww. I can never get tired of seeing such ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Good day. Yay I feel fresh today. Thanks all!

Missy10’s baby!!!! Aww. I can never get tired of seeing such pics. So amazing a life is. Did you get a softcopy from the sonographer?

Happilymarried, I can imagine this morning you were frowning…with wrinkly lines on your forehead… imagine the same on your little one. Hee. All will be ok really. Update us update us.

Littlehammie, my hubby tried the NTUC ones. He says they are fresh so no worries, can buy. Get the auntie there to shuckle for you.

Can I ask a non that-c question? You gals got me excited on something that wont happen till 2 years later... my own place.

Is it really not practical to have whole bedroom carpeted? Just the master bedroom. Anyone has carpeted floor and has no complain ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:808231
    Can I ask a non that-c question? You gals got me excited on something that wont happen till 2 years later... my own place.

Is it really not practical to have whole bedroom carpeted? Just the master bedroom. Anyone has carpeted floor and has no complain ever?
    Wow...it would feel very luxurious but at the same time the thought of it makes my nose itch coz I got allergic sinus. And cleaning will be ex. Ermm...think will be very warm if no aircon .

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Carpet is potential bacteria hiding area. N dusts too. No good. Our humid weather may grow mould too.

Worthy Lady

Hello all, taken lunch? I had Korean food for lunch at Manna.

I have something bothering me till now. I am late for AF for 16 days. What is wrong with me?? Tested Bfn, blood test results turned out negative as well last Monday. My gynae asked me to wait for my AF to come then. Waited for a week for my AF to visit me , initially very happy to see some spotting last Friday morning and last Sat morning. I was disappointed that my AF does not come in full force. It stop on Sat noon time.I did pregnancy test again and it is still BFN .

Can anyone tell me what I should do next? Should i induce my AF or not? Gynae asked me to go back his clinic to take pills from him if AF still dont come back in a week time. I am thinking to see GP for pills since the coy covering for the normal GP expenses. Or probably just wait?

I have heard all cons about carpet flooring but all these feedback are from non carpet floor owners. Hee sorry rav, littlehamster, I very stubborn...I love to hear from home owners who have carpet and perhaps tell me "are you crazy?? Do you know what sh*t you have to face when cleaning/maintaining cream colored carpet??!"etc etc. Then maybe I will really forget it for good and stick to parquet.

Cherie, if you think waiting game is getting really tiring, then go and induce af. Either gp or traditional chinese medicine also can help.

Yes I am eating lunch at tcc

CherrieJoy: you want to see another gynae?

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, can you imagine your baby crawling/walking around the carpet floor that hasn't been thoroughly cleaned for weeks - with dead skin cells, dust mites etc and then putting his/her fingers into d mouth swallowing everything? How about baby sitting upright in a soiled with sh*t diaper and spillage onto your beige carpet. Now, you sure you want your room carpeted? Hahaha *evil laughter*

Missy10, baby looks absolutely amazing! So fascinating right having this little one in you!

Cheeriejoy, Since you were spotting last week, wanna give it another few days?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

hugs dragontail...i guess hubbies sometimes just aren't very sensitive to what we are feeling...I've been feeling pretty emo these few days too and I actually cried yesterday ...hubby got sick after a night out drinking with his colleagues 2 weeks ago and has been coughing away since...i just felt it's pretty unfair that he goes out to drink despite him knowing he's sick then come back and torture me for 2 weeks....i have not't had a good night's sleep for 3 days ...stress at work has also gotten to me...sometimes i wonder if the fact that i'm pregnant has sunk into my hubby's head...so far, i'm the one doing all the planning and thinking...i'm the one who enrolled us for childbirth class, i'm the one thinking of what to buy for our newborn, i'm the one thinking of what improvements need to be done at home before the baby arrives...and because he was sick, we actually missed our childbirth lesson yesterday....i was so upset...

I've had carpeted flooring in my master bedroom....but not the entire bedroom....only the wardrobe area...but mine was the very flat kind..not those fluffy fluffy kinds or moh moh kinds so taking care of it still ok....once in a blue moon, i sprayed carpet cleaner foam and scrub it to remove dirt and stains...i used to steam the carpet when I was free...but now, getting lazy ...other than the colour being dull, i have not't experienced any problem or allergies from it...i sprayed febreeze on it from time to time too cos anti bacterial

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

TVH: men wont think or start to think untill baby comes and he held baby in the arms then will suddenly wake up.. give it some time.

Dragontail I ve a small carpet in my living room. It's those fluffy type from Ikea so the quality may not be that good. It actually stained my parquet flooring. Err like what the rest said, it will trap dust and dirt and hair etc very easily. I have to vacuum it every week so if you were to ask me, I say just go for parquet for your room.. Easier to maintain and still cosy enough.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    TVH: men wont think or start to think untill baby comes and he held baby in the arms then will suddenly wake up.. give it some time.
    sigh...i hope my hubby will wake up...until now, i think things are still surreal for him....it's like i'm always one step ahead of him...he's always falling behind...it gets so tiring at times...

Hello!!

Dragontail - awww... Your hubby is sweet .. Although can be a bit duh. Hahaha but aren't most men? =p

Missy10 - glad Oscar went well. When will results be out?

Happilymarried - all went well at the doc?

My place only has 2 bedrooms. Master bedroom and a study / book / music room. I am converting the study room to a nursery - already gave away most of my books (*sob*). this nursery is going to look very ja Lang. There is an upright piano plus study table plus kid's wardrobe and cot in the room. Hahaha I am selfish! I am not willing to sacrifice the look of my living room by putting a piano (doesn't fit the color scheme) and I dont't want a study table in my master bedroom! Anyway that's why i didnt want a maid too cuz she wont have her own room to "hide". Anyway our plan is to shift in 3 to 4 years (prepare for primary school registration) so now just have to tahan a bit...

And carpeting is a no no!! Yes it feels soft and fluffy in hotels and friends' place overseas but in Singapore when the weather is mostly hot and humid... Eh... And Dragontail - if you are planning to have another dog - imagine the fur too! The only rug I have in my place is the bath mat and entrance mat. Hahaha otherwise rest of the house is rug / carpet free - marble in the living room and parquet in bedroom. On color of flooring btw - never choose a dark color if you have a dog. My previous place - I had black color flooring - biggest mistake... Everyday I can see paw prints and fur... I actually magic clean every single day - super bo eng. and if never mop properly can see water stains too. at least now that flooring is pale beige - hahaha not so obvious =p

Oh and on husbands. Mine is the same . I am doing almost everything - so much for him saying let's shop together when closer to delivery date. Bleah.

Now I am shopping by myself.. And will only drag him when I have confirmed so he can pay. I figured I put in effort he pay . So like the other day we went kiddy palace to get all the clothes and detergent and bottles and what have you. Next step is I am dragging him to taka baby fair to get the cot and the combi roanju and the breast pump. Then after I will drag him to ikea to get the smaller stuff and I already know what I want from ikea. As long as I break into "stages" and dont't drag him all round Singapore just window shopping - he is ok. We already got our wardrobe after I shortlisted to 3 places to visit.

That said - it is also because I am more yim chim. I like to shop around / research and know I am getting the best choice. He is more of - this is good then get this - no need to walk anymore. So ya I do the walking he does the paying.

As for the stuff in the hospital bag - hahaha that one I will just shop and get on my own. I wanna make sure my nightgown looks presentable - he is like, just get from Amk central . I dont't wanna look like some soh!!!

All that said - I am still very touched that he has been faithfully accompanying me for every single doc appt. so sometimes just have to close one eye (or both) and appreciate the smaller actions.

As for childbirth - I am also short listing the classes that he should attend. Ask him to attend all 6 is like asking the cow to jump over the moon. So since I know the course syllabus I will only get him to attend at most 3 or 4.

Cherie joy - I would seek for another gynae's appt if I were you.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Littlej, you got wardrobe for your baby already? Mind letting me know where you got it? I'm very clueless where to see and I dont't want to buy from Ikea becos they use mostly compressed wood...it is like buying bak chor instead of pork chop...

I'm breaking into stages to buy too. Every month buy a bit. If not, one whole shot buy everything is very siong for our pockets....

As for childbirth class, if you r attending Mrs Wong's class, I would suggest you to ask your hubby to tag along for all classes becos her classes encourages very active participation from hubbies...her classes are interesting and funny anyway. I dont't think your hubby would feel bored..
    Last edited by TVH; 15-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Littlj, I also do research first and prepare a shopping list befire bringing the man down. Cannot get any constructive suggestions from him . Everything he also " okay..." " you choose ". But also maybe if I dont like his choice I will load him with alot of arguments ...end up go with my choice..kekeke... :x

Littlej & TVH: Mind if I know whether you prepared a proper bed for the confinement nanny or just provide a mattress?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Men are really all the same ....sigh....if only they have half the sensitivities of women....I not greedy...I only hope for half....

Rav, I'm still pondering that too..I wanted to get a proper bed so that when my kid grows a bit older, he can sleep in it too or if I need to wake up to pump milk, i can sleep separate room with baby so I won't wake my hubby up....but my hubby said buy the mattress for the auntie first. Bed can buy later....so I also not sure how...

TVH: Me too. Was thinking of getting a daybed and a cheapo mattress. After confinement will buy a better mattress for myself.good idea?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Rav, I would rather you buy a proper bed now then. If you plan to sleep with your husband during confinement, then let auntie sleep on the bed. At most you buy a cheapo mattress cover, protector and pillows.so that when auntie leaves, you can throw away the used set and get more luxurious items for yourself. That way, you dont't have to spend extra money....hmmm....ok I think I got idea what to buy after suggesting to you haha

TVH: my hubby also dont take me seriously when i make requests or make arrangements with him face to face. he often just "orh" or question my purpose of doing certain things.

it is when i put it down in words like text messaging etc. then he understand my point.

it's quite sad we had to communicate this way but at least i minimise the quarrel. my hubby has been quite depressed lately. i cannot always quarrel with him.

but of course me and hubby dont entirely communicate with text msgs. he like to fool around with me face to face. =.="

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quincy, somehow I also find that I can only make my hubby listen to me via text. When I talk to him, he always can't seem to concentrate. I dont't like quarrels too and I hate loud noises so via text can minimize the noise...but ya it is sad that we have to resort to texting to make them sit up and "listen"