Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Happilymarried - oh what wonderful wonderful news!!! You made my day! Glad to hear both your body and baby are ...

Happilymarried - oh what wonderful wonderful news!!! You made my day! Glad to hear both your body and baby are coping well.

Now focus all your energies on baby a. No more negative thoughts and what ifs ok!

*littlej waves to baby a*

Dragontail - sounds like dr chew has many tricks up his sleeve!! Did you ask him about iui etc btw? I rem you wanted to ask? Oh... And did he say your flow Was ok? Sorry - I meant to ask you but forgot too...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    rav, quincy - thanks!! haha.. too early to tell... but I look forward to all the kicks.. hope I can feel them earlier... hubby so proud.. he wonders if can see dimples like his..haha!

missy10 - congrats on your fantastic oscar test results!! how did the blood test go for that additional blood testing?

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I was just speaking with my sis about telling interviewer one is preggie... she's in HR. She says it's about integrity. Cannot dont say. Anyway if there's a company medical check up, can also reveal the truth. So indeed, I feel dont hide... what if the employer finds out later on this so not so nice. Take this as a real example in my company. One of my teammates referred his close kin to apply for a position in my team. The latter got the job. But somehow somewhere somewhat, half year later, the rest got to know that they are close kins (no one declared it before). So apparently the management wasnt pleased with it.

But then, I think gnissim's question is how to tell the interviewer i am preggie. Perhaps quincy's method may be good. Leave it to the last to tell.

my hubby was sleeping away. I kept kissing and touching him until he woke up

auntie littlej! thanks!! I'm very relieved that I have a little survivor in my tummy..

but not all clear for me. my level of c protein is a bit borderline high. not good. must monitor. today spent another $250 on blood tests alone.. last week also $250.. bleeding vitamin m so quickly oh! n doc saw mild cramping on my right side of uterus... so she said must monitor also.. she pressed some areas in the lower center to show me.. I'm still quite worried actually... super lots of emotions.. sad for twin b, happy for twin a, worried if twin b will cause harm to twin a.. gosh list goes on..

happilymarried: twin a seems so cheerful despite twin b...it used to have great company inside but it still look so cheerful now...how could you lose to twin a? gambatte!!

happilymarried! I was about to ask for pics pics pics! Hello litte angel Aunty here says biggy hi! Awww so cute... Hehhe ok ok I think forget it big time on carpet. This was a over dinner topic with hubby just now. He gave me the look "what were you thinking when you said carpet?" (although I thought he said ok before. hmmm).

littlej, I didnt ask about iui as I wasnt thinking if I ever wanted that option (until quincy pointed out the natural iui) during my last visit on CD2. The blood flow check seems all well. Yes I will remember to ask him when i see him next time when I have a smiley. Tomorrow night have to clear army. Then fri and sunday. These are the dates given by him.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 15-07-2013 at 10:01 PM.

gnissim - I guess I always prefer to be honest. if the company feels I can work well in their environment n gives me a chance, I owe them the truth. also, if im hired, I would want to build good working relationships with boss n colleagues, & not let them feel I'm just there temporarily there just to earn some $ before I pop. its up to you.. depends on how much you think this job is worth to you? I have been for some real crappy interviews before so make the judgement call there n then. good luck!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:808385
    I was just speaking with my sis about telling interviewer one is preggie... she's in HR. She says it's about integrity. Cannot dont say. Anyway if there's a company medical check up, can also reveal the truth. So indeed, I feel dont hide... what if the employer finds out later on this so not so nice. Take this as a real example in my company. One of my teammates referred his close kin to apply for a position in my team. The latter got the job. But somehow somewhere somewhat, half year later, the rest got to know that they are close kins (no one declared it before). So apparently the management wasnt pleased with it.

But then, I think gnissim's question is how to tell the interviewer i am preggie. Perhaps quincy's method may be good. Leave it to the last to tell.

For most of the companies, there is a need to undergo medical examination and one of them is chest x-ray. If you are pregnant, I dont think you would do the test and the doctor would just indicate it in the medical reprt..so sooner or later the company will know...in this case, might as well let them know. Besides, I think company hire you based on your merits and not necesary whether you are pregnant or not. ..so I felt honesty is the best policy. .

Worthy Lady

Oh happilymarried, am so happy for you!!!! Do stay cheerful ok!!!! Baby needs you!!

Littlej, thanks for asking! Yes. I FINALLY finished serving my 2 mths notice and just started two weeks ago. New job has been quite lovely actually. The whole team's really friendly and very good synergy! We were having drinks one night and I only drank mocktails. And my boss(d friend) told everyone dont order alcohol for me coz I'm trying to concieve-ing. So yes, I think I will be happy and this will be the right company for me to stay and have bfp!

Haha! I think that is so awesome of your boss cum friend! So cool. Now whole team knows you're trying to concieve-ing. Haa! Very good.

shez! you got a really great boss!! my ex boss was really lousy... he kept on asking the colleagues around me whether I was pregnant (a few colleagues knew I was trying to concieve-ing so they came to tell me). & as the months went by, he not only piled on more work onto me.. he started making me run to other offices for meetings! didnt get good vibes from him..

i was thinking if i should make the initiative to ask for progesterone should i get pregnant. but i when read online...it is also an af inducing agent =.= then i guess just let doc decide

Female Attendant
    shez.. is so nice to meet a awesome boss.. my boss and colleague want to to pass me their baby stuff.. but still no news for me.. so have to forgo on their offers.. heehe..

tvh - you r a strong woman! sometimes the hubby gets lazy becuz the wife is so capable. heh. but when he carries the lil baby.. hears the first cry.. changes first diaper.. prepares milk.. he will wake up n appreciate you for everything you have done for the family so far. you know in my first 2, 3 scans.. hubby just stand there n watch, sometimes on his blackberry n not really paying attention. until doc broke the bad news.. ever since, (tho it has been only 1 appt after the bad news) he has been more attentive. so I m sure your hubby does appreciate you & soon he will show it.

Shez: i hope you missed it

Imperial Concubine

Quincy: hmmm.. haha then it be seems like interviewing them. Ya im also been thinking to tell them. But seems like it will slim my chances alot of getting a job. Cox I doubt any employer will hire a pregger. Unless they really so short of manpower n dont mind that I be gg on maternity in jan.

Dragontail: yeah tts what I think so. Telling them is like = they wun hire me. So in a delima. But I just heard frm my HR friend that there will be a medical check before commencement of work. So imagibe if till than the boss finds out. :/

Wantonmee: I thought if you work for 3 mths you be entitled already?

Little j: I understand. Hopefully my interviewer will be the same as you too! Actually I dont mind if they offer me contract till jan.

Happilymarried: wooo so glad that twin a is doing good. Ok seems like I need to be honest with them during interview. Wa why your boss so kpo one! Actually after my first mc I have I am quite pantang . I will be quite frustrated when pple keep ask me if I am preg especially in my first trimester when I didnt intend to tell anyone else. But some pple just not auto at all. Keep ask n ask. Is your boss a male? So discrimination. Tell him he was being birth by a woman too! Angry.

Nathalie: ya my friend just told me medical chk up before work commencement. :/ so I cant imagine the boss face actually if till than they find out. Haha.

Imperial Concubine

Aniway dragontail: I dont really keen of carpeting whole room. Lol. Cox its difficult to keep clean. Imagine if you got baby nxt time, they crawl on the carpet. Or if you accidentally spill some stuff on the carpet. Its very difficult to maintain too.

Oh yes! I went to my traditional chinese medicine just now. Cox I owe him 10 $. So he is free as he just finish last patient. N he did a pulse chk for me. Saying its a little girl. Woo. So probably you ladies can get your hubby to tey taking your pulse. Feel both pulse on left n right together. If the left is stronger means boy. Right stronger means girl. (Try out!) Haha.

gnissim23: interviewing them? then i suggest you read up on books on how to go through interviews. when interviewer ask you if you have any questions at the end of the interview, you dont have an obligation to ask them but what you ask is also considered part of the interview. anyway when you go through more interviews you will know.

Oh yes I jut checked on mom website.. Yup three months

gnissim! team pink!! as concluded by traditional chinese medicine! congrats!!

so that makes the scoreboard even now? (sorry dragontail I steal your job just once tonight! heehee too excited)

team pink:
    natalie
    thelay
    gnissim

team blue:
    littlej
    tvh
    missA

aiyo rav.. still waiting for you.. haha.. yours is a mysterious little one... then missy10!

quincy - each pregnancy is different.. doc will usually scan and determine if you need prog support.. my clinic nurse shared with me that they once had a lady who had to go in for daily proj injections thru out the pregnancy due to past 8 miscarriages... I still remember.. after hearing that.. I made a stone face n lie there without any emo n just let nurse jab.. so if doc monitor & you dont need proj, I think its good cuz your body can produce enuff of it. proj comes in pill, vaginal inserts, cream & injections.

Imperial Concubine

Quincy: haha seriously I never been through much interview. Lol. Not to say those part time. Official full time only twice after I fresh grad. And once when I job hop. ya agree they will alqays ask many questions. Probably I can try asking them before I pop n declare. :/ quincy: I think if got no spotting doc wun precribe progesterone. For my first pregnancy the gynae gave my duphaston to sort of strengthen the pregnancy (I got no spotting). Second time I change gynae. He never gave me any as he says no spot no nth he dont want give. So I guess it depends alot on the doc perspective on they want give anot. Normally if you take progeatrone pills it will induce more morning sickness frm what I heard.

Happilymarried: ya as said by traditional chinese medicine. But still tbc.. haha. Probably nxt scan will know. Wonder if my traditional chinese medicine so powerful . I told my hubby. He is like oh issit. Expressionless. N tts it. -.- seems not very intrested about it.

Rav is very soon right? Missy10 I guess will be bout same as me on nxt appt?

Worthy Lady

Yup yup I also think I really made the right choice. Lol.

Congrats gnissim on baby gal! Dresses skirts stockings cardigans ponytails!

Worthy Lady

And silentmsg- welcome welcome!!!!