Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; @rav: yay! although I dont know what the details will tell from the scan but as long as baby is healthy ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

@rav: yay! although I dont know what the details will tell from the scan but as long as baby is healthy and growing well I am happy. and most importantly, no blood test this time haha

Imperial Concubine

Happilymarried: haha maybe I should think my doc is better that he is detail. But prolly too detail that im confuse . Cox beforehand my mind only got oscar test n detail scan this 2 terms. Lol! N I really cant concentrate what he want says cox he didnt ans straight to my quest. I also thought male gynae wld be better. Maybe somehow . His very detail in his scan. Once pop into room he drag you for scan already without much words.

Rav: yeah let us know boy or girl!

Imperial Concubine

Wooh exciting week for Rav and missy10! update us next week!

Quote Originally Posted by poohy:809173
    Wooh exciting week for Rav and missy10! update us next week!
    No no, not my turn yet, mine in mid Sept, next week only Rav......

Good da morning! I must have had a good BD session. I feel really glowy, fresh, energetic today (halo 3 weeks never had adrenaline l.eh). And it must be also because I had a good dream where I was playing with my baby girl.

littlej, awww.... I think I remember you were saying back then about your man doing this for you (or for both of you). Indeed, it's these "little" things that make us smile, dont they? Last night, I also felt very nice when hubby didnt doubt what I said and straight away promised me we will keep to the BD dates. It's this kind of support and togetherness which make a whole of difference in our trying to concieve journey (or other little things in life =) ).

gnissim, hehe poor you also kerna "scolded" by your gynae. I agree... I also thought there will just be oscar/some other invasive tests/detailed scan. I dont even know what is Triple test. Shemolaide? So what test/s are you going to do?

happilymarried, can you elaborate why the gynae says the result will surely be +ve for your case, from Materni t21? High chance I want to do this test in future. But then again, I dont know what my gynae may suggest.

poohy, can drink cold drinks ... but maybe only 1-2 ice cubes. Heee. Not too many.

missA, wahahh... I have no right to 指点. I just do what my hubby likes. Actually I can just jump on bed and get on with the business. But he wants full package and for the sake of "better quality swimmers", I have to keep him high! Hurhur another roaring dinosaur, besides littlej's junior. (my nephew used to call kkj dinosaur).

rav, good morning too! Tues is it! Btw, if I still dont get a smiley by Tues (maybe will be Wed), doc can still scan to see egg like a couple of days before smiley right? I am just afraid there may be work pops out and I cant visit gynae on Tue/Wed. Then I may want to see him on Monday. How??

Oh dragontail - dreamt of a baby gal!!!! High chance???

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10 View Post
    No no, not my turn yet, mine in mid Sept, next week only Rav......
    oppssss..hahah sorrie sorrie

We are trying to concieve-ing!

Good morning!!

Dragontail - you sound so perky!!! Bet everyone in office will notice something different about you =p oh - if I were you, I'd visit the doc on mon then. Better earlier than late.

Gnissim - dr chan can be quite impatient if you dont't hear him out first. Ahhaha I have been with him for 5 years now so sort of know his kuan. So usually what I do - as with most 长辈- is listen first then ask. And better pay attention when they talk. Anyway - he doesn't believe in Oscar cuz that's a probability test and there have been rates of "false positives". In fact he told me before that if I am his daughter in law, he would definitely send me for materni t21 with no questions asked. I guess from his standpoint - it is a case of if you wanna know then do a definite test - dont't do a not-here-not-there kind of test. My friend who went to see him is a catholic and she made it clear she didnt wanna do any tests - so for her - he didn't pressure her. So depends on your pov. For me - if I seen dr chan earlier - I think I would have definitely taken the materni t21 test instead of Oscar.

That said - dr chew is ok with the Oscar test. Hahaha. Maybe it is again because of the different background and religion. I mean - dr chew's clinic is decorated with mother Mary (kinda reassuring in a way) ; dr chan's clinic is decorated with a giant egg and some Chinese paintings.

Happily married - why would materni t21 fail on you? It is taking your blood and analyzing it.

Oh - I thought about it last night. I will be upfront with dr chan and ask him about his vacation and my chances of him being my doc to deliver muffin. I will ask him who is the replacement doc and how it works, who is he etc. If I really not comfortable I might ask him to give me a letter agreeing to switch to dr tc Chang... i reckon have to pay more this way but honestly - I dont't wanna see a random stranger doc the day my waterbag 爆炸! It's certainly not a day for blind date right?!? I will be honest with dr chan with my thoughts - hopefully he is willing to listen and understand but I wanna be honest . But of course - that is dr tc Chang is willing to take me in also .

Ok - i feel better knowing i have a plan.

Woot woot Dragontail! Natural glow is the best makeup! Hee

Feel that you shld go on mon too. dont't want you to miss any possible chance.

My lappie & hp has been going crazy on me. Looks like have to spend $$$ . Hubby told me the new mac is coming! So r you getting one too? Hee

Littlej, yeah I feel you may ask Dr Chan about all the what-ifs. Very hard to get by everyday not knowing who to expect on that big day, if it is really not Dr Chan himself. Hehe you’re still thinking of Dr Chang.

Rav, okok I will go see my egg on Monday! That will be CD15. I usually O on CD18. So CD15 can see egg already? Sorry I know I very loh-soh. Haa first time seeing egg I cant contain myself.

REALLY? The MAC book pro new one??? I have been “complaining” to hubby now and then. My lappy now is his pass down set. I want a brand new set. Hng.

Missy10, oh I dream of babies quite often and most of the time, they are girls. Awww....

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: triple test is a test that is called maternal serum screening test for down syndrome and open neural tube defects.im not so sure how is done probably just blood test only I guess. Its much cheaper than oscar test. This triple test about 130 $. Materni21 is super expensive. Cost 3k plus. Lol. I will be doing triple test and detail scan.

Littlej: actually I search frm web oscar is more accurate isnt it? :/ ya dr chan keep say you want do then you do. dont want do then dont do kind. Haha. Hopefully nxt visit he dont remember the previous incident that I didnt hear him out. Lol

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: the scan is show follicle.. so inside the follicle got egg. then the follicle will rupture then egg release.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

dragontail: wish you have more than 1 eggs release! hehe

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - scan earlier better than later cuz if later what if your egg pops? then doc cant monitor your egg growth already..

also... I did ask my doc before... is it inside each follicle confirm got egg... she said no. ultrasound scan can only see follicle size. n if needed try to mature it to the correct size before lh surges... there may be a chance that that follicle has no egg or even good or lousy egg. wont know... until like me take out n let embryologist examine. ok I stop here. n I hope n wish n pray for you july's eggie is a 好蛋!! n make that 2!!

Hey!!! high 5!! I has a super sweet dream of a tiny pink bundle of joy!! until dont wanna wake up.... haha

Gnissim, from what I have researched, oscar is only suitable for mtbs who are of low risk. My first bfp oscar result was bad. And partly because of my age, it pulls down the score to almost bottom already. So I dont see the point of doing oscar next time. Materni t21 seems to be quite accurate, and no risk involved. Amnio is invasive which I dont wish to take the risk. As for triple test, I got a feeling it doesnt suit me too (older). I know materni t21 costs a bomb. But me and hubby have discussed and feel we have to spend this money. The most just skip a holiday or something.

Littlehamster, wah 2 eggs? Will be nice!! I did read that tamoxifen increases the chance of multiple matured eggs by 10%. Either way, im looking forward to Monday's appt.

littlej & dragon - materni t21 for me will be positive becuz of twin b. its a damn sad thing to say but twin b still inside every time I go scan.. not sure when will get smaller etc. (I know its stupid but I still keep secretly hoping twin b will come back to life healthy) n my bloods will have downs already (not from me). so its inaccurate to test twin a with blood sampling test. cuz blood sampling cannot differentiate which twin has downs in the first place.

I think doc would have wanted me to do materni t21 if twin b was still alive cuz its definitely more accurate than oscsr probability. its kinda like a yes no thingy tho think with 1% inaccuracy cuz this blood sampling test just started in the states last yr only...

with 1 baby it will be very accurate I think. with 2 alive babies also should yield better results than oscar test. this is imo....

littlej I edit - testing my blood is the same as testing my twins blood.. me no smartie pants .. my doc briefly told me...
    Last edited by happilymarried; 18-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

actually the only thing materni t21 can do me now is to find out if my twin b is a boy or girl.. thru blood sampling.. I know its dumb n my doc will probably scold me... but I did think about it....

missA - you have given your prince a big n comfy swimming pool... that's y 脚开开! do you also have baby p**n pics?? lol... sorry .. littlej! aiyah see ... now everytime I know someone is having a boy.. I will ask for BP pics! oh no.....

rav oh rav - I wish next tue will come quickly.. then next fri!! cuz its my turn for scan.. heehee.hope no more blood tests for me.. past 2 visits each visit I have been sucked dry of 4 tubes each time.. until my haemoglobin is borderline low now.. argh! so r you taking any bets at home just for pure fun? hmmm your baby has been really super active....

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail: excited for your scan! If you n hubby decided for materni 21 just go ahead. Faster start saving now. Heh. I was stunned by the price. But its 99% accurate. Ya dont do amino cox risk.. so I decided not to do. But hubby want me do the triple test though.

Happilymarried: you took so much blood test? Cant wait for my nxt scan as well to know that baby is healthy kicking. Im always nervous before scan.n will only relieve when I saw baby bigger n heartbeating. Stressed.. im still poundering if I wanna get a fetal doppler not ha. Aniway you can see this doppler thing. Hehe

Ouch, that’s so many blood tests, happilymarried. So are you now immune to needles? *gasp*.

Gnissim, I did ask hubby before if we wanted to get a doppler. He is strongly against it because it may cause anxiety. Like we want to constantly listen which may bring unnecessary stress. He prefers to go easy and stay positive. In some way I agree… but in some way, I also think I wanna know what’s happening inside everyday. Oh well.

Called Dr Chew. Will see him Monday first patient.

why am i so sleepy at work when i concussed at 1030pm last night? you girls are so active!

haha.. yes I m immune to needles... I have to be.. me tough life... for my baby... 我忍!!

I am also tempted to get fetal doppler.. but I may consult gynae.. cuz I dont know if it will give me added stress when the position cant hear heart beat or if press too hard etc... also.. maybe its better to not have so many gadgets near the belly? I also dont know... gnissim when will you decide?

wontonmee - haha.. it could be the weather... but mostly I think its your little no2 asking you to rest more?