Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Ok. Now it is my turn to 诉苦。 Old man called and said his son (from his earlier marriage) is ...

Ok. Now it is my turn to 诉苦。

Old man called and said his son (from his earlier marriage) is hospitalized with high fever and diagnosed with some virus. He is planning to visit later if he can get off work. And may spend some time in the hospital.

After I put down... I checked my messages and realized he accidentally msged me "how is (son's name)?" (message meant for ex wife). And I had a few missed calls from him after that. But i was at the gym so didnt see my phone.

Anyway which made me wonder,
    would he have told me if he didnt sent me that MSG that was meant for his ex wife?

Aside from that - I am feeling a little unhappy. I mean, I know it is irrational... But I wish lil muffin is his only child... I mean I started thinking what if lil muffin and that kid fall ill at the same time - who would he run to first? And why is he so anxious...

And then I started self pitying myself. Like here I am eating dinner alone, with this unborn child (and crying)... And there he is just concerned whether that kid is ok... Or maybe even at the hospital with the ex wife.

And my hands are tied. Given his stance right now... as much as i would love to, I can't MSG him and say I am feeling upset. I can't be a b*t*ch and say dont visit. And as irrational as it may sound, I so feel like saying why the hell did your ex wife msg you for (but I can't).... And of course I can't take this time to say I am feeling like a second fiddle... Your parents can't stand me, they prob dont even I am pregnant. Even your ex wife prob doesn't know I am pregnant... So here I am like "a hidden gem" (I would like to think I am a gem =p)

So outwardly I asked him if all ok... But inwardly I am sad. I know I know, I have to accept that he has another family's responsibilities... But it is just so hard. But somehow it feels harder now - maybe it is the pregnancy hormones or maybe it is the insecurity of not knowing what will happen when lil muffin faces the world or maybe it is because this time round I can't simply just go out and have a drink or two or more.

Thanks for listening =)

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

rav: haha yes! i told my hubby about what if interviewer ask me about having kids. and my hubby say just tell them " yes planning to have kids, like what the Singapore government is encouraging, have more kids for future population growth due to aging. hahaha. but ok i didn't say that though.. i just LL say im already preg. my interviewer is a lady. the one that ask you is a lady or man. probably only lady will ask? i also dont know haha. see even hw sg government encourage and even pay 2 mths of maternity, company are still not willing to hire preggers or probably will put aside pple who r going to set up family. sigh big big.

Imperial Concubine

happilymarried: yea will cook some porridge etc.. hmm.. he ar. elastic time. i keep think if one day i really want faint at home, or want go birth , will he still stuck at work anot. workaholic. haha i told him, if i go birth n yet you still stuck at work, you go marry your company n dont need find me already. lol. i just got very bad headache over this 2 week. have not got chance to see gynae yet. but Mr google says its normal. :/

Imperial Concubine

littlej: cheer up. ive pm you precious gem. =)

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - 1) its the preggie hormones & it will pass real soon. I also 1 day depressed, next day ok type. 2) you silly gal!! of course your hubby will tell you.. married already.. with lil muffin on the way.. sure he will tell you. again its the hormones. 3) he is a responsible father. see it that way ya? kid from his previous marriage is also his flesh n blood. but I strongly believe that IF you r in an emergency right now, he will be the first person to run to you & be by your side. see how he so obedient with the bd dates fr doc? 3) things will be so different when lil muffin pops! some men r like that. they cant really feel a bond until they see hear n touch. see your scan pics! before your boy is born.. he already got so much character in your womb.. come out ... aiyo! how not to win daddy's heart right? *lots n lots of hugs littlej*

dont think the worse of your man ok? I know its hard sometimes esp when you feel so alone.. but hey! you r not! you have a super cute baby on the way! & you have us! go have a relaxing bath.. do a hair mask n face scrub.. put your legs up n watch some hilarious animal videos online! cheer up okie?

gnissim - I agree that some companies in sg really very horrible. contrary to the govt's policy of trying to get citizens to have more babies.. we just dont have that kind of environment to pop babies with a peace of mind of a supportive boss n manageable work load... or maybe we just dont have the luck to be in that kind of company yet? meanwhile we must save more $! spend less on shopping...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Littlej, cheer up. As What happilymarried said, he is responsible person, you dont't want to see him not responsible for lil muffin also right? Try do something else to occupy yourself so you won't think about This.

Imperial Concubine
    Littlej. . Hugs...understand how you feel...not easy for you. Try not to think about where he is now and chat over here ? Or go sleep early and sayang your little muffin...he's there with you.

Imperial Concubine

anyway there is a thread in the general pregnancy discussion. about this anyone hire confinement lady from PEM agency. aiyo I find their post super fake . :x if you all did realise, those pple who posted all only have 1 post. who so free will create a account n come in this forum just to post 1 super "professional" post to say PEM is good. *shake head*.. wondering how genuine is their post. hehe.

Thank you everyone... =)

Feeling better now. Maybe a good cry (whilst it ruined my dinner) is good... And of course hearing all your kind words.

Gnissim - I took from PEM . Hahahah. I will let you know if good or not in oct ok.

Gnissim: I engaged PEM ....hahaha... but yes..read that thread. Very fake. Hurhur. C how my confinement goes.

Eh what pem thread???

Imperial Concubine

haha actually im also thinking to engage PEM if I cant confirm a CL myself. this thread " anyone engaged confinment lady from PEM confinement agency? " super duper fake if you realise. lol. only 1 or 2 genuine post (that is abit negative).

Im only having my dinner now..... long story, super upset.....

Missy10 : hugs...

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:809444
    Missy10 : hugs...
    Hugs to you too....

Imperial Concubine

Missy 10, littlej, hugs hugs. Try have dinned earlier ya for the sake of beanie.

Good morning good morning! Fridayyyyy! Its a new day! Forget all the unhappiness from ytd. its in all the past ^_^

Missy10 & littlej, I hope that you both r feeling better. I always feel better the next day after a good cry or a tub of yummy ice cream. Or trash it out with your hubbies with SMS.

Hugs to all mummies, it isnt easy especially with our roller coaster emotional state but we can get past it together!

More baby dust to trying to concieve-ing sistas! Hope for many good news this month!

good morning babes!!

its TGIF!!

missy10 & littlej, hope today you both feel much better? missy10 I'm guessing you waited for hubby & he was late again? dont't wait for him next time ok? eat as you fancy for your little one... do not go hungry!

rav - can eat ice cream ? I thought cannot?

Worthy Lady

Good morning everyone. Finally it's Friday! It's another day of hope for everyone!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Good morning!

Happilymarried: Can eat. As long as made with pasteurised eggs. Hee...I eat everything except sashimi (super craving but a definate no-no). Moderation . Got craving I will eat.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 19-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Was driving to work and radio was playing “Manic Monday” (my fav karaoke song btw ;p ) and I feel so happy it’s TGIF! If one sulks and doesn’t think too positively, he will remind himself Monday is just around the corner and gets all blues way too early. So I hope you ladies are living for the moment and feeling better today ok? Littlej, missy10, huggies. Happilymarried, can eat ice cream… just a little wont hurt J

So the update should be:

Mon-Me
    Tue-Rav/MissA
    Fri-happilymarried
    Sat-Shez/wantonmee

Yippee!

Worthy Lady

All sorts of updates! Baby scans, egg scans and all!