Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; natalie - wow you r really good! Sometimes I still find it very hard to let go.. of my lost ...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    natalie - wow you r really good! Sometimes I still find it very hard to let go.. of my lost baby.. as I still see him/her everytime.

& yes!! I believe our kids generation should learn most things from home. alcohol included. especially girls. must train them to be street wise n learn to take care of themselves when outside.

auntie littlej! yes you won the bet!! haha.. how did you know? wanna guess missy10 & mine?

Natalie, I also want my daughter (if I have one) to be street smart and independent in some way. I wont want her to play with just barbie doll and makeup masak. I want her to build with lego (by the way, me and hubby agree that one of the first toys our child will get is lego! Be it boy or gal) and play with go-li (or equivalent ). Mummy here got a lot cosmetics and hair accessories to pass to her when she grows up (haaa if they aint moldy by then).

Happilymarried, give yourself sometime to feel better ok. I know it's not easy... there's visual at every visit...so I know it's not easy to let go. Took me awhile to find a closure too...

Ha! Ya since littlej so spot on, let littlej guess for you and missy10!

natalie: same same. I will also introduce alcohol to my kids when I think they're of age. Rather they learn from their parents than outside loitering with bad people and get wrongly influenced. For myself, my parents are drinkers (still are!) and I was brought to pubs with them at the age of 8! By age 15 I was out with friends hanging around clark quay area (the bridges) and we bought alcohol from 7-11 and just sat there for the night. Underaged clubbing was also frequent. Heh.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:810677
    natalie - wow you r really good! Sometimes I still find it very hard to let go.. of my lost baby.. as I still see him/her everytime.

& yes!! I believe our kids generation should learn most things from home. alcohol included. especially girls. must train them to be street wise n learn to take care of themselves when outside.

auntie littlej! yes you won the bet!! haha.. how did you know? wanna guess missy10 & mine?
    Not good ..just that it has been a year already..so the feelings are not as fresh ..but would still remember. ..

Oh..I got 1 supporter on the alcohol dept..hehe

Natalie: I like your idea. Knowing how to control oneself is more effective. but my hubby & I dont't drink or club at all so looks like I have to think of an alternative. LoL

Or ask the friendly aunties here to bring my gal out to party! Keke
    Last edited by rav3naers; 23-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Wahahaha. Lemme gaze into my crystal ball for missy10 and happilymarried.

Oh ya that pervert! Then again I dont't understand why did the girls responded to his ad!!! I dont know, sometimes I wonder if girls these days are not as "protective" of their bodies as our time. For instance, there are more young girls pimping themselves out for materialistic wants and wanting sugar daddies Etc. it is quite scary.

Anyway I am a firm believer that should teach alcohol drinking from 18 years old so won't get cheated by boys. I should teach muffin the same thing so he won't get out-drunk by girls!!! =p

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:810682
    Natalie, I also want my daughter (if I have one) to be street smart and independent in some way. I wont want her to play with just barbie doll and makeup masak. I want her to build with lego (by the way, me and hubby agree that one of the first toys our child will get is lego! Be it boy or gal) and play with go-li (or equivalent ). Mummy here got a lot cosmetics and hair accessories to pass to her when she grows up (haaa if they aint moldy by then).

Happilymarried, give yourself sometime to feel better ok. I know it's not easy... there's visual at every visit...so I know it's not easy to let go. Took me awhile to find a closure too...

Ha! Ya since littlej so spot on, let littlej guess for you and missy10!
    Oh..my daughter play with soccer, lego, cars, dolls and etc as we believe that toys should not have gender distinction. .

My side of family are not drinkers. I was brought up to think that alcohol is a taboo. Which explained it was almost hell broke loose when I moved out at age of 21 . But that was too late. Till this date, I cant really drink. Some ex dates kinda joked I was a "cheap" date because all I needed was just one diluted alcohol mix followed by fruit punch. I hate being drunk so I never tried drinking more.

As for my hubby's side. It's the opposite. I see some of his cousins being given some wine/alcohol at age14-15 I like that idea too. Anyway age18 is just something made up. Should be we parents determine when to introduce that to our child. Of course not to gan bei every night. Just try it out at times. Dont be like me....so suah ku about alcohol.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 23-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Rav, even if we aunties wanna bring your gal out 看世界 , I am sure she wont want to go out with us! Haaa impossible she wanna tag along with senior citizens (actually I'm talking about myself).

Uhhh my 15mth son has tasted beer already.. thanks to his grandparents. Lol.

Wantonmee haahha so cute! My hubby said he was already given bits of prawn/chilli/satay when he was just months old. By his ahgong and uncles. Haa I'm sure they slipped in some beer somewhere.

Older generations just give whatever is available to the kids to try. Hahaha. Wonder if the little whiskey in milk to help baby sleep is true too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:810689
    Rav, even if we aunties wanna bring your gal out 看世界 , I am sure she wont want to go out with us! Haaa impossible she wanna tag along with senior citizens (actually I'm talking about myself).
    Not if the aunties are cool & fun like you ladies. Kekeke.

Worthy Lady
    Oh..didn't realise that the ladies here are of the same thinking as me...heheh

If 14 or 15, that will be 7 yrs later for my elder girl..hhehe..must tell my husband to stock up wine..hehe

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh:810702

If 14 or 15, that will be 7 yrs later for my elder girl..hhehe..must tell my husband to stock up wine..hehe
    ...I have huge (almost complete ) collection of absolute vodka, Thanks to hubby.. Later I ask him can give our kids for training ornt. Hahaha

hahah! yea oh man. my boy has tried mee pok tar chili, laksa, curry, chili crab. so far so good! lol.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster:810703

...I have huge (almost complete ) collection of absolute vodka, Thanks to hubby.. Later I ask him can give our kids for training ornt. Hahaha
    Mine is liquor like xo, martell, cordon bleu and etc..dont think should start with that..hehehe

I have been toying the idea on BLW (baby-led weaning) next time. I have always wanted my child to feed himself at a ready age. It's more of an european style. American prefers more puree food. I have friends who put their children on it so I have seen the pros and the cons.

What's your view?

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1007100/baby-led-weaning

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh:810715
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster:810703

Mine is liquor like xo, martell, cordon bleu and etc..dont think should start with that..hehehe
    Hehe my in laws have few big shots too. Lol hope they won't try anything haha

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh:810670
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I just read a news on ST News that this idiot pyscho is finally jailed for sexually abusing underaged girls. I am so angry!!! If I have a girl, wouldnt I be so worried when she goes on the internet and gets to know some sick people?

. This man is horrid horrid.
    With the information so easily available, it is hard to avoid..but then parents would need to play a role in monitoring the child when they surf the web and provide tools to ensure that they can protect themselves as we cant be with them 24/7. that are my thoughts ...

i actually have this weird thinking to introduce alochol to my daughter when she is older so that she has alcohol tolerance and will not get drunk easily when she just drink a little alcohol. hahaha
    I agreed to the alcohol introduce.... my dad intro beer to me when im P5, so when teenage years go clubbing, dont get drunk so easily

Worthy Lady
    Hi .. Long time no see all of you.. I have to read so many posts while I was away...

I should start saving cost to send my Nicole to england.. Lol.. Then I can be queen's mother... Crazy over those Korean historical drama.. My daughter need to fulfill my unfulfilled wish... But sorry.. William getting more and more ugly...lol..

Rav... Congrats for your girl.. I also still not sure mine confirm girl or not.. She keep moving and scans are blurred.. BTW.. Do you specially request for 3d? Mine dont have..

Littlej I also buying playpen first.. Heard babycraft is good.

Dragontail.. Jia you!!! And lots of baby dusts..

Can I be thick skinned and say, "happy birthday to me" =)

Happy Birthday Littlej!!!!

Hahah happy happy birthday to ms leo littlej! May this special day of yours be filled with loads of love and wonderful pressies and surprises. Have a blast!

Oooo! Dragontail - have you done the deed? =)