Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; To add on, that's why so many mtbs are having headache on natural or csect. If you decide on csect ...

To add on, that's why so many mtbs are having headache on natural or csect. If you decide on csect from the start, you can "save" a bit compared to having to change from natural to csect at last min.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - oh gosh.. I didnt know that.. thanks for the info.. do private hospitals really need to charge that much especially if its emergency case c sect.. I did have thoughts on c sect cuz I dont want emergencies or surprise hiccups during delivery.. just clean, cut & take my baby out safely.. doesnt matter if I take longer to heal... hmmm...

Having said that, there are insurance policies which cover surprise emergency csect. But I didnt buy any.

Happilymarried maybe hear dr ann tan's advice for your case? Tell her your concern and preference and she should be able give some perspectives.

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Dragontaip: my friend is emergency csec. Cox her baby heartbeat dropping during contraction so go for emergency. So abit worried. Natural heal faster so maybe more mtb wants to go for natural. But also thinking the causes of emergency cases? Heh I also dont know. But I think if you can go natural doc will advise you to go natural. Unless issue like baby head never face down then go csec. So actually not up to us to choose too. Haha.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    on the BLW style of feeding... hubby & I talked about it.. we r concerned that if baby inherits his genes.. the baby will throw out all broccoli, carrots, tomatoes n citrus fruits.. haha.. so probably not... for the sake of good nutrition & minimal food wastage..

Imperial Concubine

Happilymarried: I also dont know about the double charges until my friend got it. Hee. So I think better to ask doc about emergency procedure charges.

Worthy Lady
    I think it would be good to ask the hospital and gynae on how they charged. .its not exactly charge both but more like they charge the service/items that you have use when you trying for natural and during csect..eg when you are trying for natural, you will be using their delivery suite so they will charge you on it..then you go for emergency c section. .they charge you for the OT.. so they charged you for both..thats my understanding ..

Hello!!!

Happilymarried - Dragontail is seeing dr chew not dr chan. Hahahah. Confused .

Dragontail - update us after doc appt tomorrow!!

Gnissim - my friend went for emergency c-sect with dr chan. She tried for natural but cervix couldn't open and in the end dr chan said need to go for emergency c-sect cuz baby's heartbeat was faltering (apparently umbilical cord was tied round the neck). She had 2 x epidural (1 whilst trying for natural, 1 for c-sect), change of delivery ward (from natural to c sect), additional nights stay in glen e = she paid $16k in total (including medisave). The $$ goes to dr chan's fees, additional stay in glen e, change of delivery ward, additional epidural, med, calling back of anasthetician, pediatrician etc.

Essentially when you go for emergency c-sect - it is paying for additional delivery not replacement of one for the other. And the word "emergency" says it all - last min always need to pay more mah - like last min airfares, last min hotel accommodation...

Also - as far as i understand - most good docs will not encourage you to go for c-sect - unless you insist or unless baby is Pre mature or breech or existing medical condition which makes it dangerous for both mum and baby to go for natural. The 3 docs i have seen - dr chan, dr chew, dr chang - when i asked - I got an earful for even considering c sect. And all 3 docs said the woman's body is made for carrying and delivering babies, how can I just give up without even trying, longer time to recover, blah blah. And well - the point that resonated with me was all 3 docs said they earn more for planned c sect and even better for them cuz it is planned so they can work out a schedule... but they earn less for natural delivery and unplanned... But still they encourage natural as that is better for both mum and baby... I also asked dr chan about c sect with ga - hahaha got another earful cuz ga is apparently more dangerous as blood pressure will decrease and cannot breast feed after... Oops... I always kena scolding from docs!

Oh and natural birth encourages the body to react naturally. Cuz it is all hormonal right and sets the wheels in motion. Like waterbag break naturally, then contractions come naturally, then the body reacts naturally with the baby for delivery, then the hormones will activate the breasts naturally to activate the milk. Whereas if it is c sect - it is not a natural hormonal / body reaction so that's why most docs would not encourage unless for medical reasons. I thought this kinda makes sense how the body reacts.

Hahaha - I did my research... Actually I was planning for c sect too... And somemore i was thinking of c sect with ga!! My fears were pain, vagina will become looser (become flap flap!). But well- now having done my research... Maybe I will just grit my teeth and go for natural if it is possible.

Of cuz the thought of emergency c sect and a whopping $16k bill was something I considered too... But somehow it also feels a bit like I am not giving my body a chance to do things naturally by going for a planned c sect and using $$$ as an excuse seems kinda flimsy.

My two cents . And hahaha as you all may know by now - I am so indecisive... I might change my mind again!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:811072
    Hello!!!

Gnissim - my friend went for emergency c-sect with dr chan. She tried for natural but cervix couldn't open and in the end dr chan said need to go for emergency c-sect cuz baby's heartbeat was faltering (apparently umbilical cord was tied round the neck). She had 2 x epidural (1 whilst trying for natural, 1 for c-sect), change of delivery ward (from natural to c sect), additional nights stay in glen e = she paid $16k in total (including medisave). The $$ goes to dr chan's fees, additional stay in glen e, change of delivery ward, additional epidural, med, calling back of anasthetician, pediatrician etc.

Essentially when you go for emergency c-sect - it is paying for additional delivery not replacement of one for the other. And the word "emergency" says it all - last min always need to pay more mah - like last min airfares, last min hotel accommodation...

Also - as far as i understand - most good docs will not encourage you to go for c-sect - unless you insist or unless baby is Pre mature or breech or existing medical condition which makes it dangerous for both mum and baby to go for natural. The 3 docs i have seen - dr chan, dr chew, dr chang - when i asked - I got an earful for even considering c sect. And all 3 docs said the woman's body is made for carrying and delivering babies, how can I just give up without even trying, longer time to recover, blah blah. And well - the point that resonated with me was all 3 docs said they earn more for planned c sect and even better for them cuz it is planned so they can work out a schedule... but they earn less for natural delivery and unplanned... But still they encourage natural as that is better for both mum and baby... I also asked dr chan about c sect with ga - hahaha got another earful cuz ga is apparently more dangerous as blood pressure will decrease and cannot breast feed after... Oops... I always kena scolding from docs!
    Sayangz..I think not all gynaes will suggest c section unless there is underlying factors that made it dangerous to go for natural...

I think ga has more risks as compared to epi too ..and the mum will miss the opportunity to have a skin to skin contact with the baby which is important. .

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:811075
    Oh and natural birth encourages the body to react naturally. Cuz it is all hormonal right and sets the wheels in motion. Like waterbag break naturally, then contractions come naturally, then the body reacts naturally with the baby for delivery, then the hormones will activate the breasts naturally to activate the milk. Whereas if it is c sect - it is not a natural hormonal / body reaction so that's why most docs would not encourage unless for medical reasons. I thought this kinda makes sense how the body reacts.

Hahaha - I did my research... Actually I was planning for c sect too... And somemore i was thinking of c sect with ga!! My fears were pain, vagina will become looser (become flap flap!). But well- now having done my research... Maybe I will just grit my teeth and go for natural if it is possible.

Of cuz the thought of emergency c sect and a whopping $16k bill was something I considered too... But somehow it also feels a bit like I am not giving my body a chance to do things naturally by going for a planned c sect and using $$$ as an excuse seems kinda flimsy.

My two cents . And hahaha as you all may know by now - I am so indecisive... I might change my mind again!
    Its really up to you..maybe you can discuss with your old man on this?

For me, I would most likely try for natural again if there are no complications that make me decide otherwise hmmnz..

Worthy Lady
    Thank you all for kind compliments.. Showed it to my mom and mom said Nicole is ugly. Sad for her..

Imperial Concubine

Good Morning everyone!
    Thursday today!

What are we talking about today?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay View Post
    Thank you all for kind compliments.. Showed it to my mom and mom said Nicole is ugly. Sad for her..
    old ppl say cannot praise baby... must say baby ugly... so next time baby will be cute!

Ya thelay - the older generation will say baby skinny, ugly, look like an extra from lord of the rings etc.

Hmm -'should we say that too? Hahaha clearly - I belong to the older generation =p

Dragontail's doc appt today!!

Yoo hoo good morning!!

Ebichan hee you are so cute. Hmmm today we can talk about what we think about the new prince name. Just heard over radio. Prince George Alexandar Louis! Or can also talk about my post o result. Just arrived at gynae's.

Getting anxious.....looking through my list of questions now.

Thelay I totally went through that too. When I was little and my mom brought me to some baby shower, I would compliment the baby oh how cute/chubby/pretty she is. After that I kerna pulled to one side and my mom would scold me. Haa aiyo so funny this old fashion practice. I'm one who loves to give true compliments and sometimes feel very deprived when I cant say how I feel.

Today the clinic is like market place. Got another 6 couples. I actually need to be back office by 11am for a meeting. Think overrun here .

Quote Originally Posted by missA View Post
    Thelay : hello hello pretty girl!

Momo: you mean Dr Ln sim? She is my current gynae! I agree her ultrascan pics are rather blur but I find her a good gynae. Think the next appt I must ask her give me a decent 3d scan. Heh
    Hi MissA, oh you are with her too! Yes I must agree she delivered by 1st baby and I should say she is very pro natural and my baby come up without any forceps or vaccum. I was almost giving up after 24 hours of contraction and she was the one to tell me to push my last drop of energy for my girl to be delivered. She is a good gynea only her equipment and scans are not so nice nice like what I see from some mummies here hehe MissA you are in good hands! Let me know if she can give you a decent 3d scan ..... hehehe

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail
    enjoy the doc appt! Send us news.

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    Momomum: you can try dr chan kh as well. He says his new machine haha but his scan is really very very clear. My last scan at about 12 weeks he already scan a 3d for me. Super amazing. Lol

Hi cherriejoy!

Natalie: wow! Im still poundering.. I have been asking for csec details. My friend supposed to go natural end up need to have emergency csec, then doc sure charge both so become cost so much more. :/

Dragontail: you will have a real one soon! It will fade.. then few days later suddenly turn dark again ok. Praying hard for you!

Wantonmee: everytime I type your nick I feel like eating. Oh yes im a wanton mee fan. Ive been eating almost everyday morning if my hubby can go tabao for me. Hahaha. Oh yes. If you r tired go sleep! Why wanna "dong". Its normal to sleep more. So sleep as much while you can.
    Qnissim, dr chan kh is from Thomson or? Is he good and a gentle gynea. My tots are rather selfish. Gyneas are most important when they help to deliver your baby but now we mummies (thier customers) want more like 3D scans and more time with them and what nots... Are we asking for too much ???? heehee

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hello!!!

I agree with Littlej's doctors' comments, when I talk to my gynea when I was in my 3rd Tri for C-sect due to my low placenta and spotting during my whole pregnancy, and I was also afraid of pain, then my gynea also scold me say nowadays mummies are so scared of pain and she only told me one thing " you will never be able to experience the child birth like what you do when you deliver naturally". I totally agree with Dr. Sim, she give me an experience that me and my hubby will not have. The delivery of my gal, her 1st cry, the 1st time I hold her in my arms and her 1st look at me, her contented and curious looks and most importantly, my hubby told me he was very touched and cried when my gal was delivered. He appreciate the pain I go through to deliver my gal and he say if I have a 2nd baby, he will prefer me to go natural again if possible..... my experience about naturally and c-sec

Oh my dajie's both deliveries were csect ga. She had wanted natural but couldnt dilate. She said she wasnt even asked what's her preference (she didn't even suspect she would need csect) on whether to take local or ga. She was blur blur and left it to the doc.

To this date, I feel kinda "wasted" she and her hubby didnt get to experience the first touch and sight and the bonding at the very start.

my priority will always be natural birth... I can understand how some mummies wanna skip the contraction and labour pain but I believe there must be a reason why more gynaes are more pro natural than c sect. I am veryyyyyyy scared of pain. but I rather have the pain that I suffered naturally (like a super big piece of shit stuck during constipation lol) than to have a knife cut into me... plus I really dont't want to have any scar ><

Yes I agree the 1st touch and sight and the bonding is priceless!

I wish I can be preggy soon with my 2nd baby.... jia you jia you to me and all tcc'ing ladies

Done at dr chew. Scan shows I have popped egg. He also wanted to see my bbt chart and my temp spike higher today. Now have to assume the egg and sperm did meet. Just had my butt jabbed again. Mon will be 2nd jab. I believe this is the progesterone. Next thur to see him again.

He advices me to rest more and eat more nuts.

I'm at 2ww