Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by littlehamster:812187 Originally Posted by Dragontail:812186 Me done and I've just learnt that my last and this jab ...

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster:812187
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:812186
    Me done and I've just learnt that my last and this jab is hcg, not progesterone. Oops. Can anyone share what would be the difference?

I asked the nurse and she could only explain hcg is water based and prog is oil base.
    Hcg is the thing that generate into blood If preggy.. the progesterone will have during LH phase every cycle
    Oh I should have rephrased it : why am I given hcg shot and not prog shot after ovulation?

So I just consulted Dr G (oogle). Seems like hcg shot is quite common too (and more pricey than progesterone) for post o. It also is a hormone that encourages progesterone production.

Usually prog gives me nausea and super fatigue. No wonder past days I only felt once or twice being tired. Nothing else. But I thought hcg gives preggie symptoms too. Perhaps I'm not reacting physically to it. I think I can also dont need to poas !

Morning!!! I woke up late!!! Oops. Hahaha lucky boss is not around. =p

Shez - you can request for painkiller from doc chan. You just need to pop by his clinic 30 min before your scheduled hsg and they will give you a ponstan - it's the pill gp gives for period cramps - so if you have at home you can also pop one 30 min before hsg. I requested so doc chan gave me.

Dragontail - it is not first post or not! It is whether you are zzz ing. Did handkerchief not work?

Wahahaha so many requests for my bump . I see if I got nice photos or not. Shy ... *__*

have not't seen my old man since that short 5 min on fri night. But we talk daily. Same country but so far apart. He is the only grandson so gotta take the night shift. Grandpapa's condition seem to have worsen - now with additional problems. Kinda scary the things happen to your body when you are old. i think i will be contented to live till 75, not anything more.

Anyway, he said we can possibly do some baby shopping on Thursday but sigh, I told him if he really cannot make it and need to zzz / accompany grandmama - then I am ok to do on my own and charge to his account. He asked if can wait till next week or week after - I told him honestly preferably not cuz We are cutting too close and ideally I would like to have all the hardware in by mid aug so last 2 weeks of aug can do all the washing etc. I want to keep sept free... I also told him I am ok to attend the parent craft classes alone and well, I will take care of myself and muffin. And if really no choice, i can do the maternity photoshoot alone too (although i wish he can be there so we can do the hands on tummy shot). And i can also go for the rest of doc appts by myself. My only ask is that he better be there for the delivery.

I guess this is as much as I can do on my part - so as not to add additional pressure.

On the other hand however - the devil in me is asking "why like that". Like what did We do to have to put up with this, that such things have to happen at this time - the very last stretch. Is god testing him? Is god testing me? Like whether our relationship is strong enough to battle through this hurdle of his parental family versus his "coming soon" family? If he can find a balance or if I can find the strength to continue supporting him as a dutiful wife should?

Gahhhh... Pretty glad for a busy work week to keep my mind off stuff. And yay, ending the week off with my gfs with "the phannnnnnntom of the opeerrraaa is heeerrreeee... Inside my mind..." =p

Hahahhaa Dragontail - what are you going to do with the 50+ sticks of hpt you got? (I remembered you bought many many right...)

Worthy Lady
    Long time no see mommies. ..
    Just did my scan last weekend....
    By which week will we be able to know the gender?
    You guys buy baby stuff after knowing the gender or earlier/later ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_07_26_14_59_23.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	108993  

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	108992

Here's a close up of my lil' monkey (literally - hur hur) and the hippo-luscious hips and butt =)
    wahahha - hope this brings a smile to everyone's face this dreary Monday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle86:812211
    Long time no see mommies. ..
    Just did my scan last weekend....
    By which week will we be able to know the gender?
    You guys buy baby stuff after knowing the gender or earlier/later ?
    Ooo...pic! How come urs got cute star? Pointing to...?

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:812213
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	108992

Here's a close up of my lil' monkey (literally - hur hur) and the hippo-luscious hips and butt =)
    wahahha - hope this brings a smile to everyone's face this dreary Monday morning!
    Cute!!! Little hippo :x keke...you still look slim . All tummy only mah. Plus your regular yoga

Gab, hehhe! so cute your little angel! Wah still carrying a star wand. Little fairy in the making How are you coping lately? How many weeks are you? Hmm I think average about 16weeks can see gender?

littlej! Hahaha cute cute cute the bump. Where got Gloria? Gloria is so far off. *hello little muffin*.

As for my hpt, I can keep for next cycle.... but of course I hope I never have to use them again.

Gab - so cute!!! Little twin star in the making?!? I saw gender at week 14.

littlej, plans are meant to be broken (or is it promises are meant to be broken? suddenly confused) sometimes. As much as we want these and that all lined up, most often than not we get surprises. I think you took a very unselfish leap to saying those assuring words to your hubby. Of course I know if I am in your shoe, I surely hope my man is there for me all the way. By saying you will can do some shopping your own or be at the class on your own, I'm sure lil muffin will appreciate that in the end, be it you alone or both you and man together. And I feel totally fair you ask for your hubby to be with you during delivery. No second about it.

So, as much as you have planned these, I hope good surprises pop out for you three

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - hello & yoohoo~ where's Gloria?? your bump doesnt look big! I have seen bigger!! you are perfectly fine! pls continue to eat healthy!!

gab - I can see gender at 12+ weeks

happilymarried, oh you were just 12wks+ days ago when you could see kkj? That's very early right? Your blue warrior must be developing his manhood very strongly. Hehe.

dragontail - oh! I thought it was prog shot... stop the hpt testing then.. tho I would think 5000iu will easily be washed out by the body in 3 days...

ok hcg shot is to psycho the brain to tell your body you r preggers. the body will then do its best to fert n implant. that is what my nurse told me. my shots were hcg and prog together.. so I went back for 3 or 4 times taking both shots each cuz my bloods showed low prog.. I learnt something new! didnt know that hcg shot can be given on normal cycles! its good!

littlej - confirm your weight gain is all muscles
    .. so I think you will have a smooth n easy delivery! what you are doing for hubby is so wonderful... I think your old man may feel bad n join you for the photo shoot?.heehee

dragontail - hahaha what a way to put it! well... hubby does satisfy me well so I hope my lil boy gets his genes too! *oh so shy after saying that* lol.... doc also not confirm...she also warned not to go crazy n buy blue clothes yet... but its so exciting n encouraging to get involved n know more stuff in the early weeks...

happilymarried, thanks for those info! (again, I must say you have come a long way.... so happy for you for where you are now). Next, I am super duper looking forward to Thur and see what Dr Chew has for me. And I feel like taking an MC that day. "checking my calendar next to see what work stuff I can finish first or postpone*.

I agree on the reverse psychology. Sometimes tell hubby you cannot like this or I dont want like that. Wont work as well as "ok then I do it myself" or "it's ok I can handle it". Hee the latter surely works better! Next moment I see hubby replans his stuff quietly and makes time for me. Littlej, 高手!!

happilymarried, Wahahahh I cant help lol here with your last post. Next time two BIG warriors in da house. Hahah.

My god, suddenly I feel like making out with my hubby *shy*

Imperial Concubine

Littlej: hey I didnt see hippo at all. Wooo I got a urge to touch your tummy. hahahahaha.. first time I touch my friend tummy I feel so amzing cox its soft hahaha. I still thought it will be round big n hard. But I didnt manage to touch when her baby is kickin lol. you r so strong n to tell your man that you be settling all for yourself even the maternity shoot. I think perhaps If I am you I wun be so gracious. Somehow probably he is just afraid anything happen to the grandpa as they r very close right? I believe he too very much want to be involve with you n muffin tts why he keep ask you wait him to buy stuff. I also very much hope he wipl be with you during delivery.. hugs hugs to you.

Gabrielle: better to buy after? you will know gender latest in 20 weeks. So you got 5 mths to buy still. Lol. I only get a few pieces over the weekend at taka fair. N asking around friends n relatives to ask thrm for baby cloths tts all. Hehe.

Worthy Lady
    Im 12 week plus. Hvn get to see anything. .. added lil wand to the pic... cos waiting for doctor very very long.... too bored...

but indeed lil baby is God send angel to parents( minus the naughty misbehaving times ).

have been researching on the thin white line but to no avail! everything comes up with nuchal translucensy (skin behind baby's neck) that's most common in screening test and the nasal bone. these two weeks will be a terror for me. sigh.

Imperial Concubine

Hello Ladies

This is a positive thread with baby scans and bump pics!!
    Hopefully, oneday the late bloomers like me can share and upload too.

Today is dpo 12 and 2 days to AF. my temp rose again today but my B**bs are not hurting that much anymore.
    Sigh...

This week also very busy at work and at home.

Imperial Concubine

Wantonmee: hey, do you think to seek another gynae? Hw many weeks r you now? you want try my gynae? his scan machine is fabulous n I belive he can have a more clearer photo n advice you?

Ebichan:temp rising good sign. Wait another 2 days n fingers cross for you!

gnissim, am at 7weeks 5days today. yep will be great if you can give me the contact. will have a second opinion if the next scan in two weeks really turn out bad again.

army tune: today is a smiley day smiley smiley day
    hubby also say he has recovered from his piles. shaking his butt at me this morning. =.=
    but dear lord why monday? why can't i have a beautiful sunday?

Imperial Concubine

Wantonmee: I will pm you.

Quincy: haha its better then never! Good that your hubby just nice recover also. So that you can enjoy tdy. Kick away the monday blues!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Ebichan: good luck! When you testing?