Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; littlehamster - I think its fate. depends on luck.. see which nurse you get when you r admitted to hospital ...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlehamster - I think its fate. depends on luck.. see which nurse you get when you r admitted to hospital at baby's call... sometimes the nurse is new with little experience... I can only hope for good luck! the laughing gas part seems fun tho... hehe

dragontail - r you feeling better? hope the cramps subside ya? nothing is confirmed until af is here (hope not!) also hope you can give dr chew (its chew right? haha) a chance.. work with him for another 2-3 months & see how ok? dont give up ok? I know what a super long journey feels like.. I been thru it & I would do it all over again if I need to for my no.2!

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

oooh one more working day and we are off! yeah yeah!

happilymarried- no worries. When i was preg then, i got no symptoms also..no MS...no cravings.haha..everything seems so normal and as i'm fat, some dont even know i'm preg! Think will feel the kicks more often when baby grow bigger and lesser space for movement.

dragontail- jia you! maybe your AF wont come! woohooo....

Worthy Lady
    Poohy.. That is Pethidine injections I think. I will take all the available pain relief method.. Poohy some said epidural doesn't work for them. Is it true?

I heard before epidural, they will numb the area first.

I am better! Thanks. Actually I swung by crabtree to get some bath stuff. Mmmm sweet smelling stuff makes me happy.

I'm surely sticking with dr chew for few more cycles if need be. I just need a holiday! Hee.

I will choose no painkiller for child birth, so long as I am deem fit for natural. If cannot, no choice have to cut tummy. Ouch.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay View Post
    Poohy.. That is Pethidine injections I think. I will take all the available pain relief method.. Poohy some said epidural doesn't work for them. Is it true?

I heard before epidural, they will numb the area first.
    thelay- ahhh...correct correct.thats the injection. It just make me drowsy and sleep.hahaha. Well for epidural it helps for me at least while waiting for dilation. But the gynae apparently ask the nurse to lower it when i'm about to give birth (which i subsequently know...'lower' = 'switch off'!) ...so during actual labour, it was torturing!hahaha. oppss maybe shdnt scare you all. But then heard from my friend who gave birth in pte hospital, its painless.

I dont feel the pain when they insert at back..i guess the contraction pain is worse than the insertion of epidural. But then for a short moment after epidural, i almost black out and quickly call for nurse. Accordingy to the anaethetist, some of the medicine went out and cause the black out. scary ...but after that, its luxury...=)

Worthy Lady

I have epidural for my elder girl...dont rem they numb the area ..i only rem that they sanitise the area and have to stop myself from moving as the slight movement may have great impact on the place where the needle is poking.

i dont rem hearing my gynae asking the midwife to turn off the epidural cos i dont feel anything when i am pushing nor when he stitch me up..i rem that time im still wondering whether am i pushing or not since i cant seem to feel anything..haha..but since my girl come out then i guess i must have done something right..hahah

this is the naughty stuborn quincy saying good evening !

made a pact with hubby to eat vegetarian at least 3 times a week. hope it cuts down his cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:814690
    this is the naughty stuborn quincy saying good evening !

made a pact with hubby to eat vegetarian at least 3 times a week. hope it cuts down his cholesterol.
    Er...actually vegetarian food in sg not healthy...stay away from the starchy & fried mock meat stuff. Take more salads and lean meat. Plus omega 3 fish oil supps can help reduce bad cholesterol.

rav3naers: oo... kkz. seriously i hope omega 3 works for
    him. he very lazy no exercise...sigh...

anybody in for staycation? my co's hotels doing promotion. (cuz chinese 7th month is here.)

Imperial Concubine
    Natalie. ..yours at pte hospital or govt hospital? Or maybe is my gynae style? I can feel the contraction pain! Well my gyanae wanted me to feel so that I can push...almost cried. But the nurse say dont cry! Hahaha ...coz waste energy!

Imperial Concubine
    Staycation where? Good rates?

Haha vegetarian really not necessarily healthy unless eat normal vegetables and not starch flour. I got friend who is vegetarian and has high cholesterol.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine
    Me today cd17. .I test opk with one hour duration of urine only and got faint line..should I test again with more hours of holding pee?

I think I read the latest "Shape" (or the previous month?) that vegetarian beehoon is not any less oily or fatty nor healthier than norm. Going vegetarian few x a week is good....but not when they are vegetarian fried beehoon or mock meat! They are really fat laden (those mock stuff are usually fried. Even so called plain vegs are also stir fried in too much oil). Salad with turkey or chix breast meat will definitely be a better alternative. Yes omega oil does help.

Poohy, you can try tomorrow noon perhaps. I cant quite totally agree that I "should" only use fmu for opk (my gynae's advice) because I never had problem with non fmu or even night pee with a smiley. I dont usually hold pee for long hours. 1-2hours hold are ok, so long you didnt drink overly too much prior to that.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    Staycation where? Good rates?

Haha vegetarian really not necessarily healthy unless eat normal vegetables and not starch flour. I got friend who is vegetarian and has high cholesterol.
    !!!!! vegetarian but got cholesterol ? ok I need to find another solution. hotel promotion my hubby said not really that cheap also. because lowest also $210++ per room per night

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:814695
    rav3naers: oo... kkz. seriously i hope omega 3 works for
    him. he very lazy no exercise...sigh...
    Well...most of us are too. Lol. Best to watch diet. Homecooked food better still. Many slim ppl also have high body fat and exercise doesn't get rid of it that easily. So its best to do it thru daily diet but not "dieting". Cutting sugar & limiting carbs is very effective from my exp.

I am interested in the staycation! Can share which hotels?
    Last edited by rav3naers; 06-08-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine
    Dragontail. ..so far I only test when at home which is evening...got pretty dark lines on 4th but not exactly darker than control line..so thats why I still test test see if it gets darker than control line.

ooooh! staycation!!

hmm I wonder if I can go on baby moon or not...

quincy - veg food in sg not too healthy.. mock meat in sg is just starch n salt.. try to make it habit to cut fruits at night for your hubby & in laws? also cut down on butter on toast (can use olive spread instead) & sugar in coffee/tea... try feeding him omega pills too!
    quincy1986 likes this.

poohy,so since the 4th, is the line getting darker? What OPK brand are you using?

Poohy I read about your delivery story. ..something also quite similar when my elder sis shared with me hers. When she was pushing, she let out "mmmmmmm" quite loud ya know. The nurse scolded her "我不要听到声音的!!"。 hahaha indeed wasted energy. Should focus all the energy in the muscles down there!

Imperial Concubine
    Dragontail I use online cheapies. Hahaa...I dont think it got any darker but today got cm and cramp. Dr wu told us to bd every 2 days and not every other.

Haha ya they say dont make noise and just push..your sis also govt hospital?

I dont't know if he will agree to more pills from me. I gave him 3 bottles. he got heaty many times and got painful piles. after that he give me sad puppy face. he knows how to make me give in. lol. baby moon. interesting.

rav3naers later I pm you.

poohy last time I use cheapies. I thought i got a good bargain but the readings confuse me. so I gave up. clearblue is have means have dont't have means dont't have.

poohy, I was also using internet cheapies and they worked fine. Yes Dr Wu's BD dates vary. Sometimes every other day, sometimes 2 days break. Sometimes she also looks at Day. I remember she crossed the BD dates for me on the paper BBT but then she erased and changed it to a Friday. She said "I'm worried if you both do on Thurs will be too tired since you're working next day". Hee so nice.

Wah I dont remember where she popped... her boy is going to NS later this year! Haa 18years ago already.