Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Wow... I hope my Gynae wont let me feel the pain.. I dont't want any pain.. Dragontail.. you r amazing.. ...

Worthy Lady
    Wow... I hope my Gynae wont let me feel the pain.. I dont't want any pain..

Dragontail.. you r amazing.. Salute you.. With no pain killer.. I dont't even dare to think about it..

I remember something about nurse.. Last time when I do blood test.. The nurse inexperience and poke many many times to my hand.. And my hand has bruises.. She tried both hand also can't find the veins.. Actually my body, veins are so obvious cos my skin is thin.. Pls see the attached PIC..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-06-21-58-28.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	109398  

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quincy: PM me too!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    thelay - omg! that looks terrible! must have hurt a lot.. was that during pregnancy? how much blood did the nurse need? so far I only experience once with an elderly nurse.. she poked me so many times & when I felt pain, she told me my vein keep running away from her needle. I was like "hello?? I dont even dare to move, its pure nonsense !!"

Imperial Concubine
    Haha ya dr wu say do every 2 days...say dont want over tired us! Wahh imaagine the eggs and sperms really listen to dr wu. .will be so nice. Anyway we decided to follow her schedule and bd tomorrow night instead of today. Was cheekily tellg my hubby we do at midnight then its 7th!

Wow your sis kid so big ...

Imperial Concubine
    Oh gosh thelay! Did they give you cream to apply?

Me also very difficult to find vein draw blood one...they can poke me 4-5times also not successful. They stress I also stress.. haha..can understand your pain

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    Quincy: PM me too!
    ok done !

Thelay: Geez...that looks bad. I kena once when donating blood also. The nurse I think also newbie, my arm got target scar plus an obvious vein from my previous donations very easy to aim. But she went too deep then pull out then hit the vein a few times, end up with my blood flowing into the donor bag as well as all over my arm. -_-" also end up with a huge bruise. Yikes.

Oh yar...as for the small vein part. Drawing blood from your dominant arm will be easier. Doing arm curls regularly will also help. The more you use your arms, the stronger your veins will be and more prominent.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 06-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by poohy:814701
    Natalie. ..yours at pte hospital or govt hospital? Or maybe is my gynae style? I can feel the contraction pain! Well my gyanae wanted me to feel so that I can push...almost cried. But the nurse say dont cry! Hahaha ...coz waste energy!
    Mine is Kandang Kerbau Hospital...yours?

Er...thelay I say only. Who knows that fateful day the moment I feel my first contraction and I demand the elephant jab already. I know I have high pain threshold. But I know child birth is maybe 5000x more painful than anything I have experienced till date.

Gosh that looks nasty thelay. I actually very pity you ladies who get all bruises from jabs. And over and over again. Seen my friend had something like yours before. Poor thing. I guess I am those lucky few who never have problems with jab or withdraw blood! Just one time easy and done with. I am just very chicken to watch the process that's all.

Poohy, ya do at midnight will the 7th and the lunar 7th month!!

Oh 7th month coming.... I guess it has been just something instilled in me since young. Call it superstitious or not. I will try to be home earlier during this lunar month. I will avoid crossing over burnt joss papers and sticks. I even will try to avoid swimming at the beach! Thanks mom.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Thelay: ouch! My vein also fine, last time I want donate blood, first few tests all pass, then go the chair sit nurse say vein too small cannot poke then dont't let me donate, ask me go home -.-

Worthy Lady
    Actually my hand have lots of veins lae. I always think my hand and legs can see veins and ugly..

Nurse just not inexperience.. I pat the vein for her also curl hand a few times for her.. She still can't find.. And after she poke many times to both of my hand .. Then she dare not do and call in senior nurse..
    Then she scare later doc see.. So cover up with plaster.. I only realised the bruises when I reach home.. Lol..

Hello everyone!!!

Oh man - today (or rather, yesterday) is just one of those days whereby I think it is really impossible to be juggling career, lover and mother at the same time. I had a conf call that ended 130am, woke up at 830am, showered and quickie 15 min breakfast, switched on laptop and worked till 2pm with a quickie 30min lunch, then worked till 4pm, showered and changed and went to see doc, dinner with old man, lazed at home with old man, old man went granny place at 10pm, I had fruits then switched on laptop until now!!

I really dont't know how to manage when muffin arrives.

Oh well - onto good news! Muffin is growing well - 2kg at 31 weeks 5 days... And hahah I put on 1.1kg in the last 3 weeks - at least 600g of the weight gain went to muffin. I am now officially tipping the scale at 64.4kg - at this rate I am going to exceed my 15kg weight gain...

Not so good news - yeah doc is confirmed on vacation 15 - 27 sept. Wa, he didnt sound very happy when I asked when is he going - he replied with the dates and mentioned this was planned a year ago even before you conceived. Then I asked who was the replacement doc - and it will be dr Brenda low. He did said dr low is as good.

I guess I'm a little unhappy that noone said about him going on leave when I signed the package... Anyway - anyone here has any feedback on dr Brenda low? Please give me your honest opinion.

For me - somehow I always prefer to have male docs. My dentist, gp etc - all males .

Anyway feedback if you have!!!

Thelay - thanks for the link! Darn I think I missed an impt class today since it was about breathing. Oh well.

And gosh - your delicate skin!!!

Dragontail - you feeling better?

Happilymarried - if you are worried then best go see your doc. Live happily than worriedly. I dont't remember eating more in second trime as hahah i was already happily eating in first trime. See - that explains for my 14.4kg weight gain!!!

Wantonmee - eh your hubby's reservist quite good what. Right smack with 2 days public holiday.

I am not a sucker for pain. I am confirmed going with any painkillers available. Epidural Will be my friend =)

Worthy Lady
    Good morning ladies..

Dragontail.. Hope you are felling better..

Yay.. Today is the last working day of the week..

Me going batam tomorrow.. Hopefully massage place are open.. Any recommendations?

Looking forward to massage and swimming at the hotel..

Worthy Lady

Morning ladies...wish you all have a good day ahead...

good morn dearies!

last work day of da week!!

this is gonna sound dumb... I had a super weird dream... dreamt that technology was so advanced that we could cultivate babies...tho not entirely.. the last part needed the real womb... so when they cut me up to take my baby out.. they had to put the cultivated one inside for a few days or weeks.. then take out... I was so happy that I didnt wanna wake up cuz was smiling that twin b came back to me!

I think its becuz recently there is this article on cultivating beef for a beef burger?! gosh.. what is happening to me...

thelay - enjoy your batam trip tomorrow! there'll be many massage places so be sure to ask for safe prenatal massage... or maybe can get recommendations from the hotel?

natalie - any hol with your girls & hubby?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    Mine is Kandang Kerbau Hospital...yours?
    mine is singapore general hospital

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Poohy, ya do at midnight will the 7th and the lunar 7th month!!

Oh 7th month coming.... I guess it has been just something instilled in me since young. Call it superstitious or not. I will try to be home earlier during this lunar month. I will avoid crossing over burnt joss papers and sticks. I even will try to avoid swimming at the beach! Thanks mom.
    hahaha we didnt bd at midnight...was in dreamland . really very diff to bd on weekdays.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    good morn dearies!

last work day of da week!!

this is gonna sound dumb... I had a super weird dream... dreamt that technology was so advanced that we could cultivate babies...tho not entirely.. the last part needed the real womb... so when they cut me up to take my baby out.. they had to put the cultivated one inside for a few days or weeks.. then take out... I was so happy that I didnt wanna wake up cuz was smiling that twin b came back to me!

I think its becuz recently there is this article on cultivating beef for a beef burger?! gosh.. what is happening to me...
    Cloning? haha..that sounds like good techno!

TGIW! (for real this time since it's long weekend comin right up).

littlej, I also prefer male docs but I am sure Dr Brenda shouldnt be far off from Dr Chan (if he dares to recommend her). Nevertheless, I hope you will still be delivered by Dr Chan!! Are you toying the idea to be a stay at home mum after little muffin pops?

littlej/thelay, I am better this morning thank you. Though last night I was on a little giddy spell before I slept. Today my AF supposed to show but my temps are still high (and super erratic) from the shots. I dont feel anything at this moment. Dont know what to make out of it. Funny cycle.

Thelay, I always like Tea Tree Spa @ Holiday Inn. Not sure if you'll be staying near there. Do ask for prenatal massages if you are doing it at any where there. Enjoy!

happilymarried, lol what a dream. I find the beef cloning is disgusting. I mean ok I dont eat beef but I had eaten before so I know how it tastes. The cloned beef tastes like "cake" so they say? Yeeee........like spoilt like that.

poohy, tonight party time in bedroom then

Imperial Concubine

Hello Ladies

Today is an exciting day- tomorrow holiday!!!

Want to complain just a little
    My husband comes home and starts playing cellphone games. Hugely annoyed.
    He takes 2 phones and starts playing on both of them to get points.
    grrrr

i want to say, is this the kind of father you want to be to our kids?
    a cell phone game playing addict
    But I feel so pai seh for being so grumpy naggy so didnt say

i mean, come home, kiss me and talk to me right
    dont come home, whip out your two phones and start playing games?!

heheh yea, hubby will be back tonight!

wooo, last work day of the week and it's raining heavily! nice cooling weather uh!
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    TGIW! (for real this time since it's long weekend comin right up).

littlej, I also prefer male docs but I am sure Dr Brenda shouldnt be far off from Dr Chan (if he dares to recommend her). Nevertheless, I hope you will still be delivered by Dr Chan!! Are you toying the idea to be a stay at home mum after little muffin pops?

littlej/thelay, I am better this morning thank you. Though last night I was on a little giddy spell before I slept. Today my AF supposed to show but my temps are still high (and super erratic) from the shots. I dont feel anything at this moment. Dont know what to make out of it. Funny cycle.

Thelay, I always like Tea Tree Spa @ Holiday Inn. Not sure if you'll be staying near there. Do ask for prenatal massages if you are doing it at any where there. Enjoy!

happilymarried, lol what a dream. I find the beef cloning is disgusting. I mean ok I dont eat beef but I had eaten before so I know how it tastes. The cloned beef tastes like "cake" so they say? Yeeee........like spoilt like that.

poohy, tonight party time in bedroom then
    Dragontail
    are the shots supposed to help you ovulate better? (sorry If i missed the point if you explained earlier)
    That means either this month could be good news or next?