Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; happilymarried, yes must make a point to watch happy tv before sleep! wantonmee, wah you went to earn baby milk ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

happilymarried, yes must make a point to watch happy tv before sleep!

wantonmee, wah you went to earn baby milk money? Or did you lose some? Heehhe. Better take a good nap later for some beauty sleep. Go WWW on PH?? Oh gosh... I have crowd phobia (even to the NDP later I also quite paranoid). Imagine I "have" to bring my kid to places like that on a PH next time. Hmmm.... I think I will try to avoid! Sorry, my child. lol.

POAS and I think still got a super duper faint line. Definitely lighter than yesterday's. The booster is slowly clearing. I am 4 days past the 5000IU jab.

happilymarried: i guess irregular menses doesnt require bbt but i read that when doctor induce their menses and egg producing like iui n ivf, they go on to do bbt. i guess that's where bbt comes in.
    Last edited by quincy1986; 09-08-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Good morning! Just finished watching my tvb drama. I love lazy mornings.

Dragontail - Did you use some shaolin moves with the sword? At least do it with style! Hee hee =p

Yay! Going to buy muffin's stuff today!!! Dum dee dum dee dum.

Dragontail - enjoy ndp later! Eh crowd phobia but going to ndp?!?

Wantonmee - dont over exert!

Happy national day!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Good day!

I also having weird dreams Hahah. Can't remember much though

I'm going to my aunt place for steamboat Later. Her house can see abit of the fireworks! Making Brownies for them now. Hehe
    quincy1986 likes this.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Happy National Day!! How's everyone? what have I missed??

Been a crazy 2 weeks at work..I'm tremendously stressed out. I think I'm having a mental breakdown from work soon. I lost my temper at work and told my boss that I'm taking half day at work. Trying to juggle project and daily work at the same time, my big boss doesn't really understand our workload and kept on piling more work to us. I feel like giving him one tight slap across his bloody face.

Sorry for the rant after disappearing for so long....haha

Been trying to catch up on this thread but looks like mission impossible -__-

On the dream topic...strangely, last week I just dreamt that my husband fell in love with my best friend (though I dont't really have a best friend) and he looked so happy when I asked if he was seeing her. He looked like he was very much in love. I remembered vividly I told him amidst tears that she is a good girl, you will be happy (since when have I become so magnanimous?!). I woke up, I saw my clock reflecting 5am. The immense sadness overwhelmed me, I almost cried. I then looked over to my sleeping husband, and I was so glad that he was still beside me. I put my hand on his arm and tried to sleep through that night. That very evening, I told him about my dream. He laughed and said, you got best friend meh? Then he reassured me that he won't do anything to hurt me, and that he loves me a lot. After that dream, I told myself I cannot keep taking him for granted. There were many times in our course of our marriage that I felt that I'd be better off alone and many times I wondered if our love had faded over the years, after all, we've been together for 12years and married for 6. things felt exhausting at times. I realise now that I'm just bluffing myself. It was only a dream and I got so affected, it felt like something inside me died. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were to happen in real life. I hope we can grow old together and die at the same time, I dont't want to die before him nor do I want to leave him alone in this world if I were to die first. I told my friend before maybe next time when my husband and I grew old, we will take poison and die together...she said I'm crazy -__-

Littlej, I'm doing good. Thanks for asking
    Baby's been kicking and punching a lot lately, it's quite difficult to sleep nowadays. He's constantly squirming in my tummy, it hurts sometimes. And my tummy is getting so big that I've outgrown all my clothes and in desperate need of maternity wear. I googled and find that it's very difficult to find maternity wear in Singapore, much less nice ones. There dont't seem to be many online shops selling maternity wear too and maternity wear in Singapore is so expensive!! Kill ppl put fire. I'm not willing to spend so much on clothes that won't fit anymore after a few months. Any idea where I can get nice maternity wear in SG? H&M has very limited collection at its somerset outlet also....sigh...

Welcome back TVH. Maybe on your last day at work you can gua your boss a real yibazhang! Joke aside, any way to get around with getting more hands to help you out at work?

So it's rather common to dream our man "picks the wild flowers" outside. Maybe it's a reflection of insecurity? Haa. Anyway I think dreams dont mean anything. Just very funny how they seem sometimes. Hehe I agree with your friend... silly TVH! Everyone has her/his time. It's not for us to choose.

I like F21 loose tops (when I had bfp). But I'm sure your munchkin is much bigger! Have you checked that out? For bottoms I ordered from taobao. But I think gmarket sells them too. Can try.

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    Happy National Day!! How's everyone? what have I missed??

Been a crazy 2 weeks at work..I'm tremendously stressed out. I think I'm having a mental breakdown from work soon. I lost my temper at work and told my boss that I'm taking half day at work. Trying to juggle project and daily work at the same time, my big boss doesn't really understand our workload and kept on piling more work to us. I feel like giving him one tight slap across his bloody face.

Sorry for the rant after disappearing for so long....haha

Been trying to catch up on this thread but looks like mission impossible -__-

On the dream topic...strangely, last week I just dreamt that my husband fell in love with my best friend (though I dont't really have a best friend) and he looked so happy when I asked if he was seeing her. He looked like he was very much in love. I remembered vividly I told him amidst tears that she is a good girl, you will be happy (since when have I become so magnanimous?!). I woke up, I saw my clock reflecting 5am. The immense sadness overwhelmed me, I almost cried. I then looked over to my sleeping husband, and I was so glad that he was still beside me. I put my hand on his arm and tried to sleep through that night. That very evening, I told him about my dream. He laughed and said, you got best friend meh? Then he reassured me that he won't do anything to hurt me, and that he loves me a lot. After that dream, I told myself I cannot keep taking him for granted. There were many times in our course of our marriage that I felt that I'd be better off alone and many times I wondered if our love had faded over the years, after all, we've been together for 12years and married for 6. things felt exhausting at times. I realise now that I'm just bluffing myself. It was only a dream and I got so affected, it felt like something inside me died. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were to happen in real life. I hope we can grow old together and die at the same time, I dont't want to die before him nor do I want to leave him alone in this world if I were to die first. I told my friend before maybe next time when my husband and I grew old, we will take poison and die together...she said I'm crazy -__-

Littlej, I'm doing good. Thanks for asking
    Baby's been kicking and punching a lot lately, it's quite difficult to sleep nowadays. He's constantly squirming in my tummy, it hurts sometimes. And my tummy is getting so big that I've outgrown all my clothes and in desperate need of maternity wear. I googled and find that it's very difficult to find maternity wear in Singapore, much less nice ones. There dont't seem to be many online shops selling maternity wear too and maternity wear in Singapore is so expensive!! Kill ppl put fire. I'm not willing to spend so much on clothes that won't fit anymore after a few months. Any idea where I can get nice maternity wear in SG? H&M has very limited collection at its somerset outlet also....sigh...
    Tvh, yes I m havg same prob at work too. Big boss dont understand our nature of work keep trying to load us with more stuff and I m juggling like crazy and I still keeping my pregnancy news under wraps I dont want attn... Yes I do feel like slapping my big boss smug face at time ESP when he tries to think he very smart! Idiotic... The only person who knows is my section head but I told her to keep secret... And recently my nausea and tiredness in mornings really make me super ill so I take leave to rest but I really feel very bad when I do this! sigh there are moments I want to quit but I tahan...
    delighted mummy

Tvh, OG bugis has sale maternity Skirts and pants going below 12-15 it's on top floor at the baby wear there... you go take a look...

Worthy Lady
    Happy national day everyone!! Hope you all having good time

Me crazy going batam.. All massage places are closed.. Everywhere is long queue.. We queue almost 3 hour at Indonesia custom... Then queue and queue again.. Until come back to home.. So glad to be at home now.. Hubby keep complaining staying at home is better.. I couldn't agree with him but its my idea to go for short trip.. Should go Bangkok instead..

I think I will just nua for the next two days...

TVH: welcome back ! is it possible for you to complain about your situation? or the whole company is just like this? paiseh i simply speak everything on my mind even at work. once even when i was crying i also say out. but i know sometimes no use. in any case, "fighting !"

about work, my hubby said something that got me thinking. he said that no matter how you dread your job, no matter how you are going to resign, your boss is still going to be there. it got me thinking that sometimes to get boss respect, we should try outlast them. just sharing what hubby told me

there are some reasons why companies dont think highly of pregnant mothers. becausr they got 4 months maternity leave. a lot of things can be done during these 4 months. i dislike how realistic some companies are too. this is another thing i learnt from my HR friend.

Thelay: totally understand. we encountered last year too. so me and hubby tried to avoid long weekends to go on vacation.
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Hello everyone!!!

Dragontail - how was ndp??

Tvh - great to hear from you!!! Oh for me - maternity leggings are now my wardrobe staple. You can get from muji - $19 per pair or h&m. I pair them with oversized tops. From h&m normal wear - I get the bigger size like L or XL - it is cheap like $25 so dont't feel the pinch if i need to give them away after popping. I also bought button front clothes To prepare for post birth - need easier access for breast feeding and pumping - for these I bought better quality cuz can wear for longer - Eg oversized boyfriend shirts, dresses. I got these from giordano ladies as their style is typically more "loose" so small size still fits =) anyway I figured if they dont fit now - I will just treat them as vests now - eg unbutton shirt with a singlet inside... Next time after popping i can wear as a proper shirt so there is longevity in these clothes =) And of cuz I pair these with the leggings so dont look so short in front =) as for weekend wear - I have yoga pants (you know those with the bigger width of band so these
    Can work after birth) and also bought 2 pairs of maternity shorts from qoo (only $20 per pair).

My style is not really the fitting and 包紧紧 type so these clothes work for me. Esp not now - hahah I dont wanna look like Kim kardashian!

So ya my shopping tips will be h&m (maternity and normal wear), muji and giordano ladies (cuz their style is "looser" and good quality).

I love shopping!!! Hahaha.

Thelay - Why are the massage places closed in batam?? Actually I think there were fewer cars in sg cuz of the long weekend... At least when I went to town yest.

Oh talk about work - it is also driving me insane. ESP now when I am covering my colleague too. But I guess I can only do my best... I wanna leave on a good note before maternity too... Like I did put in my due efforts to do as much as humanely possible whilst I am in office (yes even putting in those extra hours) so noone can ever say "look at her - just because she is preggers she not doing much"... I am also planning to work from home 3 weeks prior to my expected due date so ya another reason for me to biah as much as I can now as well. It is more of now 辛苦, enjoy later... At least that is how I am seeing it. And of cuz if I need to whine and whinge, I know I can turn to you girls here - !

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I think Cos is hari yara... there are alot Muslims in Indonesia too right?

Yoohoo.

I think this year's ndp has changed its theme. Ok I dont watch ndp on tv every year....but I last remember it's always about human formation. This round, not much of that. A lot of danceable pop songs though. Made me wanna dance I love most are the fighter jets (I dream of one day sitting in it and the pilot does all kind of exciting stunts!). Most disappointing part is no parachute I was anticipating the female jumper. The weather wasnt clear so this segment had to be aborted. And this will be my last time going to ndp live. So many people omg. At some points, the crowd control was bad. I was almost sniffing 4-5 people's armpits at one go. From promenade station to seated down finally, took 1hr and 50min. Wodetianah!!

ok gals. i'm going to give dr tc chang a ring tomorrow and ask if he's willing to accept me as a transfer patient. discussed with hubby and he was equally not comfortable that dr chan will be going away for his vacation during my weeks 37 - 39. Sure, muffin may come earlier before week 37 or after week 39.. but it's still a risk that we'll be seeing dr brenda low for the first time if muffin chooses to make his grand arrival whilst dr chan is away. and i can't find anything on dr low. the nurses at dr chan's office said she's equally good but still...

if dr tc chang no want me - then yeah the god has spoken - just stick to dr chan.

i dont know whether it's me . but somehow i just feel kinda 'cheated' that dr chan didn't say before hand that he was on vacation when i signed the package. i mean, he told me he planned this vacation a year ago, even before i conceived - so knowing that my edd is on 3 oct - shouldn't he have said he would be on vacation 2 weeks before that so we can honestly discuss if this is an option i am comfortable with?? i wonder if this is the practice with all docs... i mean, i know we as patients can't stop them from going on leave but the reason why we signed on with a particular doc is also because we want him/her to be there with us at the most crucial moment - so if there's a chance that the doc may not be there - the doc should highlight earlier???

anyway - for those of you who have not't signed a package - before you signed a package, remember to check when the doc goes on leave!!!

dragontail - i find that ndp has lost its 'color'. hahah maybe it's me but i still love the good ol' ndp days when it's all about formations. now it just feels like a giant musical on the floating platform and a techno / multimedia extravaganza.

it's like the singapore songs. what happened to good ol' ones like stand up for singapore, this is my home - truly... why come up with some woo oh oh.

or maybe i'm just not moving with the times :P

wahahhaa - did you regret not driving ?

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:815334
    dragontail - i find that ndp has lost its 'color'. hahah maybe it's me but i still love the good ol' ndp days when it's all about formations. now it just feels like a giant musical on the floating platform and a techno / multimedia extravaganza.

it's like the singapore songs. what happened to good ol' ones like stand up for singapore, this is my home - truly... why come up with some woo oh oh.

or maybe i'm just not moving with the times :P

wahahhaa - did you regret not driving ?
    I also missed the older songs, like 1 ppl, 1 nation 1 sg, count on me singapore, but it was all so short and add in so many pop songs that doesnt link with SG... also dont like the oh...oh... oh...

Was so happy to be able to see LKY appearing, I tear when I saw him appear.... seeing him having difficulties even sitting down... and stand up for national anthem.....

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:815333
    ok gals. i'm going to give dr tc chang a ring tomorrow and ask if he's willing to accept me as a transfer patient. discussed with hubby and he was equally not comfortable that dr chan will be going away for his vacation during my weeks 37 - 39. Sure, muffin may come earlier before week 37 or after week 39.. but it's still a risk that we'll be seeing dr brenda low for the first time if muffin chooses to make his grand arrival whilst dr chan is away. and i can't find anything on dr low. the nurses at dr chan's office said she's equally good but still...

if dr tc chang no want me - then yeah the god has spoken - just stick to dr chan.

i dont know whether it's me . but somehow i just feel kinda 'cheated' that dr chan didn't say before hand that he was on vacation when i signed the package. i mean, he told me he planned this vacation a year ago, even before i conceived - so knowing that my edd is on 3 oct - shouldn't he have said he would be on vacation 2 weeks before that so we can honestly discuss if this is an option i am comfortable with?? i wonder if this is the practice with all docs... i mean, i know we as patients can't stop them from going on leave but the reason why we signed on with a particular doc is also because we want him/her to be there with us at the most crucial moment - so if there's a chance that the doc may not be there - the doc should highlight earlier???

anyway - for those of you who have not't signed a package - before you signed a package, remember to check when the doc goes on leave!!!

Oh..I did not ask my gynae also

Must rem to ask him on my next visit..I rem that he was on holiday at around nov for my elder dau and my edd was dec...he also told me 1 to 2 visits before his holiday. .so cant do anything about it....that time Kandang Kerbau Hospital still has package. .but then I trust that he will rec a competent gynae for me

Indeed, just now at some points I felt like I was at Zouk-out. lol. (though I had never been to one!).

Mentor LKY had really aged a lot. Whatever is happening around us right here right now, he was the one who truly built Singapre, our Home. Was indeed a touching moment when he came into the arena and everyone cheered him on and clapped and waving our Singapore flags in the air.

Oops I meant it took 1hr... not almost 2hrs to be seated. Anyhoo, I wont make myself sniff strangers' odour like that again.

littlej, I can understand what's going through your mind. Afterall, Dr Brenda is not even close to 2nd choice for you. Yes give a call tomorrow. I hope something can be worked out.

I'm starting to see brown streaks in my cm. So, looks like take-2 next cycle!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    helloo babes!

tvh - nice to hear from you!! take it easy at work ok?

loved my mahjong game ytd... but the moment I got home.. I ko-ed immed after bath.. hehe... no stamina like last time...

I also prefer the olden days ndp... I belong to the older ndp songs generation... these new songs are so 'pop' feel... kinda lack depth in the meaning of the words.. kinda like those 1 hit wonder songs on the radio... at the pledge & national anthem (I didnt like this year's singer... a bit indian-ise the tune) I was so happy to see LKY... he's truly hanging on to the country he built... so sad that he looks super frail n weak.. think his health deteriorated more quickly after his wife's death... sigh... I hope this wont be his last ndp... =(

wontonmee - hope all goes well for your appt today!! hope your hubby is there with you! update us ya?

littlej - I hope you can make the switch to dr tc chang.. =) otherwise, little muffin.. be good n bake for 40 full weeks in mummy's tummy okie? heehee... for my dr tan.. heh.. I been to her so long already... her trips r planned just few months before flying.. June n dec are her no good months... she has 3 daughters n 1 of them studying in uk.. so hopefully during cny next yr she does not have anything pop up suddenly.... first thing hubby asked was her dec trip when we had our twins back then...

Good morning!

My oh my - what a busy morning. I just saw on dr chang's website he is away from 18 - 24 sept. so I was researching on 2 other docs : dr Paul Tseng and Dr Benjamin Tham - both at Thomson Medical Center.

Made an appointment with Dr Tseng on 21 Aug. Dr Tham - tbc if he is willing to take me.

Anyone has feedback on both docs above?

=)

littlej - dr paul tseng seems handsome.. he looks like a very distinguished old man (silver/white hair)... hehe... I think in munmysg there is a super long thread about Paul's delivery skills... look under gynaes.. if you cant find, let me know... coincidentally paul & eunice chua from same clinic (tlc clinc).. eunice chua was that nonsense doc... ben tham I never heard of...

Happilymarried- I was googling and yes dr Paul is handsome! I showed my old man and he just rolled his eyes. I then said, might as well have some eye candy to ogle at in the delivery room and hubby's eyes just rolled backwards! Hahaha.

Dr Paul seems to be extremely pro natural. And doesnt believe in episectomy. for me - doesnt matter, cut or natural, as long as i can recover fast fast ok already. and i am opting for epidural anyway. having done a quick review on the Internet- seems like nothing bad about him?!? Lemme find that thread on mummysg.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    I already complained to my team lead. Luckily, he is very understanding. He is trying to take the the daily work off me so that I can complete the project. It is my big boss who is the problem. Ya somehow, I have that thinking also that pregnant women are very disadvantaged at work. Ppl look at the 4 mths you would not be in office but seriously overlooking the past 4 yrs of contributions to the company. What is 4mths compared to 4 yrs?! And if you really count, 16 weeks is hardly 4 mths. Maybe only about 3 mths plus. So I never let pregnancy be an excuse for my medical leaves at work. Thank god I dont't have morning sickness too so I was able to keep my pregnancy under wraps for about 5mths before declaring to my team lead. And since then, I have also never taken medical leaves due to pregnancy related issues.