Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; TVH: wbb books get free if sign up for Thomson Medical Center first born incentive member. any idea why dr wu's medicine ...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

TVH: wbb books get free if sign up for Thomson Medical Center first born incentive member.

any idea why dr wu's medicine need to take at specific timings?

Imperial Concubine

littlej- ohhh he doesnt really do the IUI? hmmmm

littlehamster- I thought dr wu gave timing so that we dont get 'overheated' by her medicine when night time...she specially say the afternoon/evening dose dont take too late. But i stopped taking ever since i thought i ovulated.hahaha, supposed to go back to her for after-O medicine but havent got chance yet unless take leave tomorrow..

Me done. Walk in has it's benefit. Hee.

Poohy, indeed like what littlej shares, dr chew advices you to see him on a Friday. Saturday not so good. He doesnt quite agree to iui straight away. He says we can do countless iui, but it's the quality of the egg and the sperm that matter too. So he asks you to bring all reports you may have to show him. I'm sure he wants to improve all aspects first (egg, seed, soil) then he can tell you what's next for you.

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    littlej- ohhh he doesnt really do the IUI? hmmmm

littlehamster- I thought dr wu gave timing so that we dont get 'overheated' by her medicine when night time...she specially say the afternoon/evening dose dont take too late. But i stopped taking ever since i thought i ovulated.hahaha, supposed to go back to her for after-O medicine but havent got chance yet unless take leave tomorrow..
    ooo i see see.. she did mention her pre-o med is abit warming one but didnt say much. you might want to check with the other clinic, cos i know the amk clinic close till 14 aug (means 15 then open) not sure same for other clinic or not.

wow...anyone in sweater outside like me? haha sorry so random

Ok chicken essence clear! I just cant anyhow take other chinese herbs, he says. At least not for this one whole month.

He used to word "failed" cycle. Though it's technically correct but I dont use the word "fail" as it hurts. Lol.

Scan shows I have some eggs brewing. Hsg wise he says it might not 100% tell all since the check cant tell what's going on "outside the tubes". Hmm I guess there are just too many factors to ttcing. He thinks I dont need hsg for now. To try another cycle. The only difference is I gotta jab myself for improved egg quality. Quite similar to ivf cycle.

I will see him this fri again. He will scan my egg growth then and then prescribe me the jab medicine and teach me how to jab. I'm ok with jabbing...seen my sis did it with her ivf cycle so I think I am brave enough

Imperial Concubine

oh i got no reports! Or maybe i should go today and get a copy of the results of my IUI?

dragontail- you jabbing? but not doing ivf?

Worthy Lady

Morning ladies! Dragontail you are so brave!

Ok random rant. So, I was discharged last Monday, and at d point of discharge, glen e insisted I make full bill payment even though I have very comprehensive medical insurance coverage. So, my hubby had to fork out close to 10k (lucky got credit card! Who keeps 10k cash?!). And when I asked d hospital is it a standard procedure even though the patient has insurance, I was told 'yes. We enforce a full payment before discharge. Even if your bill is 100k, we will make you pay for it first. If you have financial difficulties we will let you sign a letter of guarantee that gives you x days to pay. If you dont't pay we will proceed with legal action. And coz all insurance companies are on fully reimbursement basis, you definitely need to pay upfront'.

Wtf?! Now I'm seriously reconsidering if I wanna proceed with glen e if I'm fully pregnant. My cousin stayed in raffles hospital for 2 days and only had to pay a $5k deposit.

Some more dr chan has been giving hubby bad vibes. Hubby feels he is only friendly during consultation coz you pay for his time. When dr chan came to visit me at the day ward after his clinic closed (yes! My op was at 11am and I was only discharged at 745 coz we were waiting for him!), hubby asked about his Sa results and dr chan just said I will tell you more at consultation. ?!?!?!

Even though dr chan has really good machines, it just makes us think if he is worth it. Lol!

Shez: i claim medisave for my wisdom tooth extraction is like that too.. pay upfront then later claim back.. and $10k is alot @@

poor Shez. but glad your polyp is removed

poohy your sinseh gave you meds to sort of help you induce ovulation right?
    i am just assuming because my previous sinseh does so.

Poohy, if you intend to seek another gynae, be it dr chew or otherwise, will be good to have the through report on what have been done before.

The reason for the jab is doc was pausing for awhile after he asked me again how old am I. He thinks my eggs could be a challenge. So the jab will help to improve their quality. Dosage is much smaller though. Unit of 37.5. He says lesser than ivf ones. And the jab medicine aint that cheap.

Told hubby and of course he is supportive. We do whatever it takes now, natural way.

Hey Poohy - You should be getting reports of your IUI / checks - whatever you do with the clinic. They should have one copy and you should have one copy too. I mean, that's my belief - Since I paid $$ for doing these procedures, I should have a copy of everything.

Hey Dragontail - Ouch - Dr Chew is so direct! At least can sweeten it by say "never pass" or "not as successful" instead of downright "fail". *Hugs* Oh - Jab yourself?? Ouch. I remembered he gave the analogy of plant, seed and soil right. So I guess he thinks maybe seed needs regular 'fertilizer' (aka the jabs) is it?

I'm feeling a lil' "heavy" to dress up this morning so decided to work from home today. Muffin is kicking a lot now - It's quite liberating but yet tiring. Not sure if I make any sense.

oh Shez - I forgot to tell you that. Yes, Glen E requires you to pay upfront. Then you can slowly go and claim from your insurance later. Which also takes another month or two (for me at least) so yeah if we think about the future value versus present value of money - then we already lugi. Plus if you carry forward the credit card amount which accumulates interest - even more lugi.

And yes - Glen e charges are definitely more expensive than say Mt A or Thomson Medical Center. What to do - Hospital in town mah.

Oh - Your hubby has the same vibes as mine. My old man doesn't really like Doc Chan. He feels he's "fake nice" not "real nice". Ie not sincere and genuine , and he finds Doc Chan a bit show off too. Hahaha. But he was super impressed with the machinery and technology. And well, I've been seeing Doc Chan for so many years . Actually now thinking back - When I first started seeing Doc Chan 5 years ago, I didn't even see other gynaes - I just went to see Doc Chan cuz recommended by my colleague and that was it. Can't believe I'm seeing more gynaes now - at this point!

Hahaha - I can be 'gynae evaluator' liaoz. Anyway, I read that Dr Benjamin Tham is also quite technologically advanced. Let me go find out more.. Hahahha.

Poohy was it you asking about dr wu's timing on the powder thing? I was always reminded to consume them by 6pm. Anything after might make me more heaty. I get super big breakouts from her powder which stirred my hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Poohy was it you asking about dr wu's timing on the powder thing? I was always reminded to consume them by 6pm. Anything after might make me more heaty. I get super big breakouts from her powder which stirred my hormones.
    is me is me. she say to eat at 5pm

Shez, wah....100k also must pay upfront first? Think pawn my car and my bags and burst all my credit cards also not enough.

So after this recovery of your surgery, what's next for you?

Littlej you can write a book about How To Choose A Gynae in Singapore. Hehe.

Littlehammie oh it was you. Mixed up. Sometimes unavoidable. Came home late and had to consume only like 10-11pm.

I actually miss her powder! The smell and the kick I got from it. Felt so energised then. But I dont miss the facial breakouts for sure.

Worthy Lady
    Shez.. Wow last time when I hospitalised at singapore general hospital, not like that lae. We just need to pay deposit.. And after that they just let us go home.. And when bill posted to our home later. They deduct from medisave, insurance then refund our deposit By cheque..

So that means if I delivery in gleneagles, I need to have lots of cash in case some emergency happen...
    quincy1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Sigh. My old man feels must breast feed for 2 months so can get pump at third month. And whilst pumping still gives the same breast milk with antibodies, the latching helps to cement the bond with the baby. A bottle doesn't provide that bonding. He was like - you want baby to bond with you or confinement aunty?!? So he said "try first .... If really cannot make it or too much milk I will chiong and get the pump for you! I promise! But you have to at least try latching..."

For me - I dont't think I will give formula if I got own milk . I mean, you see recently also got formula milk recall so I dont't wanna take the risk. If I can.

Anyway I think hospital will give one tin of formula right?

Wa Dragontail - what did you get other than soft face towels since you shopped so long! Hahaha were you at the sale between 11am to 12noon =p

Poohy - hmm. Did you test opk during the dr wu dates? Maybe you should ask dr wu?!?
    What I know is the hospital will not give any milk at all. Each bottle of pre-prepared fm is $1, so depends of the preference of the mummy, if you choose to total fm feed during the stay in the hospital, it will depend on how many feeds your baby drinks x how many bottles the hospital uses... this rule start end of 2011. I choose to bf my gal and only supplement her during the night feeds. The antibodies should be the colostrum (the golden milk that has lots of antibodies to last the baby till 6 months when they will develop their own) that our body will develop during the 1st week after delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    I finished wbb's class but she didn't give us any complimentary books...have to buy I think. I want to buy her books too. Will b gg for a makeup class this Sunday. Maybe I will ask her about that.
    Hi TVH, for the wbb books, you will have it free if you sign up their membership and deliver in Thomson Medical Center, you can go to the website to find out more information or go to the customer service to check out all the discounts. You have some discount for the scans, delivery room, hospital stay for mummy and baby, pediatrician checks for newborns and other benefits. If those not going to deliver in Thomson Medical Center, then no choice got to buy.

mangosteen is cooling fruits right? can eat? lol

Worthy Lady

Yeah man ladies! Really terrible right! I mean d entire experience really was the billing department is crap. Lol.

Littlej,, let me know how dr Benjamin goes!

Dragontail, this thurs I have a follow up to ensure everything with the ovary is ok. then I think is wait for AF to come this cycle and then see him again on cd12 to check on eggs.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - you r a very brave girl! did I ask what is the name of the jab that you r gonna get at the next visit? its not a failed cycle .. it just didnt happen... try naturally no fail.. fail is when you do a procedure...think dr chew was just being clinical..
    littlej - since you r there, seeing both gynaes will be good to compare.. you really should start collecting gynae referral fees you know.. hahaha.. perhaps you can ask both doc how many patients they have around your due date, in case they give priority to their existing patients..

shez - omg up front?? quickly go do the claims for insurance...

how come raffles hospital & glen e different payment systems? I thought all private hospitals in sg should be the same?

by the way, can anyone share more about the thomsom fbi scheme? any $ upfront during signup & whatz the incentive?

Shez: i am not sure if this is going to make you feel better but hope at least it helps you accumulate points/rebates for your cards.

Imperial Concubine

oh littlehamster- you saying dr wu's clinic closed for a period of time? she took the long weekend to go hols?

wah if ask me to pay $10k upon discharge, jia lat man..need to call family members for help ! and imagine give birth..lagi more expensive right? i better stick to govt hospital for delivery or procedures....scary