Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Haha Quincy you are so cute!...

Worthy Lady

Haha Quincy you are so cute!
    quincy1986 and littlej like this.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:815988
    Shez.. Wow last time when I hospitalised at singapore general hospital, not like that lae. We just need to pay deposit.. And after that they just let us go home.. And when bill posted to our home later. They deduct from medisave, insurance then refund our deposit By cheque..

So that means if I delivery in gleneagles, I need to have lots of cash in case some emergency happen...
    Kandang Kerbau Hospital is like that also..however, I know that Thomson Medical Center got to settle bill before you can discharged

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

poohy: amk clinic is like that. but not sure the other clinic same or not

happilymarried: i got the pamphlet but i lost it.

hope the webpage helps you.
    First/Subsequent Born Incentives | Thomson Medical

Happilymarried - my old man said just choose one alternative - dr Paul tseng or dr Benjamin Tham as dr tseng's appt is on wed and dr tham's appt is on fri. He said if we comfy with the alternative then just need to decide to go with alternative doc or take the plunge with doc chan. and he said he makes the decision this time cuz i make bad decisions on docs (think here think there think so long the last time round and in the end doc chan going on vacation)... . then he was like one baby so many docs... Oops.

Heheheh. So now I am garnering research materials. Any tips lemme know ok!

Wahahaha I should charge for the advice on the various docs . Hahahhaa.

Ya glen e's billing is as such. My friend paid $16k upfront the last time as she had emergency c-sect and a couple of complications too.

Really need to choose the hospital with care (which is also another factor on choosing a gynae) - because *touch wood* if there are any complications with the baby... private hospitals also more ex - unless the pediatrician has an alternative hospital then can request to go to the other hospital instead. dont't forget your baby is tied to the mother's ward type.

So one friend of mine, because she knew she will have a difficult pregnancy - her gynae advised her to switch docs and she switched to nuh under a different doc. She Originally planned to give birth at glen e or mt e. She chose a 4 bedder ward at nuh. She was hospitalized for a month prior to the birth and Her baby was born pre mature and had to be in nicu - but i think she paid less than $9k in total.

Happilymarried, dr chew mentioned the jab name few times but I just cant register it! I will know this friday

Aiya no luck for me to travel on my ideal dates. Cant get out of work. I see how it goes after next cycle already.

For delivery, I still prefer Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I always think Kandang Kerbau Hospital is best equipped when it comes to complications. (Or am I wrong? I seem to have this notion all along). But also have to see how to work within my ideal gynae + ideal delivery hospital. Why life's choice are so hard sometimes?

Worthy Lady
    Hi. MTBs which hospital are you all delivering? I have not't book hospital yet. Is it too late?

I m quite afraid of premature. I read online ppl even need to sell house cos baby premature and cost them around 120k.

Happily married.. FBI is add 140 for two year. Let me go home and check the brochure. Basically 5% for participating gynaes , PDS etc. 100$ off for 1 bedder I think.

Wow.. I so tired to work these days. Can't sleep well at night cos my baby keep kicking and also backache... That day I count... My baby kick 76 times in 5 mins... She still kicking.. I stop cos too tired to count.. I wish I can quit job and rest until after give birth..

Imperial Concubine
    Thelay..you drink caffeine issit thats why your little one so happening ?

Me having zits...so ugly and itchy. Argggh...hate pimples.

poohy: i am only 27 this year. looking so old without makeup ~.~ i am like so makeup dependent now.
    my friend 40 years old look like my age.

Imperial Concubine
    Quincy..hehe I dont use make up and full of zits .worse .

sigh as expected. ..gynae ask me consider ivf coz hubby soldiers no good...my only chance.

Worthy Lady
    Hi poohy.. I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning.. And I take 3 in 1 as I can't take strong coffee..

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    Quincy..hehe I dont use make up and full of zits .worse .

sigh as expected. ..gynae ask me consider ivf coz hubby soldiers no good...my only chance.
    oh no. next is my turn (maybe). my hubby also soldiers no good. i can't believe i might have to go through ivf.
    i saw so many women so poor thing going through ivf.
    many can barely make it to work after some of the procedures.

Poohy, could it be the traditional chinese medicine powder? Last time mine was so bad that I asked Dr Wu if she has any cream for my pimply face. Hee she said she doesnt dispense. I went to my GP then to get topical medicine.

Can I ask if your hubby is also on the medicine from Dr Wu?

Thelay: I am a private patient at NUH under Dr Su Lin Lin. Nearest to my place.

I also suddenly lost my energy while grocery shopping past weekend. Had to go find a bench to sit down and left hubby in queue. Hahaha. Think its the 3rd tri fatigue starting?
    Last edited by rav3naers; 12-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Missy10, update pink or blue tomorrow! !

Imperial Concubine

Poohy: why the doc so fast suggest ivf? Its only your hubby soldiers right? Give him walnuts daily. Is he willing to go for traditional chinese medicine for his soildiers? My traditional chinese medicine did help my hubby on his.. n I really saw the diff in report after 3 mths. Ivf will be a very hectic cycle especially for you. I think since doc say your hubby soildiers r not so well perform then should be him seeing some.traditional chinese medicine or maybe gynae to better boost his sperms. Unless the ivf you go through does not require you to jab yourself as all the jab will cause a very haywire to your mensus cycle n hormones.

Imperial Concubine

dragontail- yar my hubby see dr wu together. But dr wu always find that guys no problem one! but western result is guys also problematic ...anyway i got his sperm test results from gynae just now and has signed up for ivf counselling but its mths away..so i still got few months to consider and try other methods!

can let me know whats dr chew clinic name and address? walk in can or must book appt? thinking of going next week.

Imperial Concubine

qnissim- actually we been procrastinating ivf ever since we saw her 4 years ago. After the initial tests done, she already say we should go straight to ivf but we didnt want and got lucky with iui. Now we tried iui again and it didnt work...she say we are older and less responsive PLUS the first pregnancy was pure luck.hahahaha...

and gynae did suggest another method that doesnt require injection but she said that method only can get 1-2 eggs and may not even be good eggs. so the chances also not high.

Imperial Concubine

Wah so many things to read!!
    Missy is giving Team Pink or Blue update tommorow?

Dragontail will be learning how to self administer injections ? What is the proper term called? Is it scary to self administer? Is this related to IUI?
    I wonder what determines whch course to take? whether good candidate for IUI or others?
    Also, at what age is most likely good to consider these?

Shez! Thats crazy , 10K pay upfront, who has this kind of money in wallet one?
    But but Im glad you are done with the polyps removal! How do you feel?
    Now you have brand new system to work with and fantastic chance of BFP!

Imperial Concubine

forgot to say that im a bit older than most ladies trying to concieve - 37 this year
    how come my doctor *gynae doesnt think I can jump queue and go straight to fertility but want me to try naturally first?
    i dont't understand his thinking

Imperial Concubine

ebichan- maybe your test results all come out fine? thats why they encourage you to try naturally first?

Imperial Concubine

poohy: dont know . I thought the older ladies should get jump-started since we have not much time to waste trying waiting around. I give myself another 3 more cycles.
    WIll O in next few days. I will try harder.

What are your thoughts Poohy? What is your plan of action?

Imperial Concubine

ebichan, well i guess if still no good news by time i can do ivf, i should be going with ivf. Time is running out as my 1st kid gets older..the gap is getting wider....which i dont like. jia you for next few days!

and btw, how much is the consultation for dr chew?

poohy: i think my previous sinseh is the same as gnissim23 (tan kian seng @ clementi). he gave my hubby 生精丸 i think. and also accupuncture.
    prob me n hubby are not hardworking with going to our sinseh.